P90X January Starters, Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Saturday Morning Xers!:)

Diana: So how did you like Yoga X? Are you into yoga or being "forced" to do it because of this program like me? :p I am actually liking it now that I've given it a chance. 90 mins all at once is still too long to imagine doing yoga but I split it up into 2 work outs the other day and really enjoyed it!

Angie: I'll bet my DH could do the crane pose in no time. He too is a skinny squirt!:7 Don't worry about holding up the rear girl...We are all tired after doing these work outs and love the fact that someone is willing to hold us up afterwards. :p Ya, I know...I shouldn't quit my day job, right? :7 :7 :7

Well I am subbing in a run today instead of doing Kenpo X. I am really not sore from y'day's work out so far. Sometimes it takes a little while to kick in so who knows...DOMS could still be on it's way!

Off to drink my coffee!:9

Miss Wendy,

Just popping in to say hi! Now why, oh why are you subbing in a run for Kenpo X young lady? I must admit that I hated Kenpo at first. But everybody kept telling me to stick with it and that everything in this program had a purpose. I just didn't feel "worked out" at all from Kenpo and I HATED kickboxing workouts. I subbed in Cardio Coach the first couple of weeks. I finally got 1# weighted gloves (for $7.99 at Ross!!!) and what a big difference! I've now done the workout a few times and I actually really look forward to it. I'm getting ready to do it now. My heart rate finally gets up there with the gloves. I totally get into it. I really never thought I'd like it. I know how much you like running and that your time is limited with Joey, but if at all possible, I would encourage you to do Kenpo X and try to fit running in somewhere else as an add-on in your SPARE TIME (I know you must have tons of that around! :p).

Okay, lecture over. Maybe you have another reason, like you were beat up once by a blackbelt and you have been in therapy for years. If that's the case I'm sorry for butting in. But if not I would encourage you to give it a shot for a few weeks with weighted gloves. I honestly NEVER EVER thought I'd like it. And it took awhile. It was awkward and uncomfortable for me. But now I have more control over the moves and it feels more natural. I think it's good for your core too. He's got it in there for a reason I'm sure. Oooo - I guess the lecture wasn't over. Hehehe. It is now.

Have a great Saturday!!! Hugs to Joey!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi all - wooooohoooooo - not bringin up the rear today!!:) Posting before noon - must be a first for me.:D

Wendy - have fun with your workout - whichever one you have decided on now;-) Do you not like kenpo?

Suz - what a great idea with the weighted gloves. I'm not a kickboxing nut at all but I really don't mind kenpo like I thought I would. It just doesn't seem that hard - but the weighted gloves will surely shake things up a bit and I'm sure add definition to the arms.

Personally I have done the X exactly as prescribed. I have not done the X diet though. Yesterday was Legs and Back with Ab ripper. I have slight DOMS in my butt, but the DOMS are much less than when I first started with this program. Looking forward to having Sunday off. :)

Classic Rotation/Week 1/Day 6

D@mn Susan, you sure know how to crack that whip girl!}( :7

Actually, the only reason I was going to run instead is because I love to run and don't want to lose my endurance as I plan to train for a half marathon after completing the X! My plan is to put a run in place of the cardios in X alternately and had just decided Kenpo would be first. In addition, I have to take a class once a week at my gym in order to maintain my free employee membership there (don't ask!ACK!) so I take a cardio class and I didn't want to add a FOURTH cardio day into the program. Get it? Got it? Good! :p ;) :7

Now...after all of that lashing I just got for NOT doing Kenpo I must tell you that I DID indeed do it today after all! LOL I never made it to the gym so naturally Kenpo was the next in line if the run didn't happen. So there!:p

So anywhooo, I enjoyed the work out. It was different from Cathe ofcourse but you know what? Change is good! Cathe says it herself! I have been doing Cathe for a couple of years now and had a hard time finding other work outs I liked after starting Cathe. I found Jari's work outs and was happy with that. Now that I have found P90X I am THRILLED! I needed the change to relieve the boredom. I know I have the gym too but I get bored easy...can ya tell!? LOL :p

Well, the DOMS that I didn't have this morning has officially kicked in! Before starting Kenpo I was a bit sore in my back and butt. Well, as soon as I began the work out I could feel my back, my butt AND my legs! OUCHEES! Now that I am done, my butt is on FIRE and my lats are TOAST! }( }( }(

Tomorrow is my rest day...I am actually sad about that because I am really enjoying this program! Can't wait for Monday!!!:+

Gotta hit the showers now!

Later Xers!:)

Oh Wendy, I'm sooooo happy to hear that you did Kenpo! But I understand your fears of losing your cardio endurance and your employee blah, blah, blah. :p You should talk to Netta over on the X'ers check-in. She was also afraid of losing her cardio endurance for cycling but she hasn't lost it. Of course I think she's cycling on Sundays, her "rest" day. But she was surprised she still "had" it, so to speak.

You're just becoming quite the little athlete! And working at the gym now. You're just all grown up now. ;)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

good evening, ladies!

today was my p90x rest day.... but there was NO resting! i've been up since 1 a.m..... because we had to leave for a bike ride at 3 a.m. (no... the bike ride didn't start at 3.... we had to leave then to drive to it! lol!) 100 miles in VERY cold (for socal) temps! 28 degrees at the start.... never got over 45 degrees the whole time while on the ride.... i was a popsicle! i'm ready to be back to tony tomorrow morning!!!!!

fortunately i had no DOMS from legs or kenpo!

now i'm off to bed!!!!

see you tomorrow!
-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.