P90X January Starters, Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning X Friends!

Classic/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 1

Yesterday was my rest day and boy did I ever rest! LOL
Today is chest and back and ARX. I will do it at nap time.

Tomorrow is PlyoX and although I had originally intended on a short run as a sub I am now thinking of MIC instead! Am I insane or what!?! }( :7 }( :7 }( :7 We'll see...I am thinking I will change my mind about that one! :p

Have a great day!

Good Morning Ladies .. (Week 4 - day 1 - recovery week - my version of classic rotation)

OK .. I got brave (or stupid depending on how you look at it)

I posted week 3 P90X pics on my picture trail ... OK . . so I am not the best photographer on myself .. but I was not about to get someone else to take pictures of myself .. LOl .. NO WAY!

I can tell a major difference in my upper body .. but like I said I put on muscle easy and do not want to get too big and look like a male .. DH said my arms were big enough now .. LOL .. so guess he has seen the improvement too . . if I could clean up my eating more I would have more definition . . but hey .. I am not complaining too bad!!

Yesterday did nothing but move furniture .. it is amazing what one accumulates over the years .. b-4 it goes back in .. going to do a much needed throwing away of junk!!

Today starts recovery week .. so for me .. no workout at lunch .. and my circuit class tonight ... then yoga tomorrow!!:7

sounds like everyone had a great weekend .. and great workouts .. I strayed a little Sat. and did Cathe's entire 90 min Body max 2 .. have not done it since P90X and was AMAZED at the difference in my strength .. MAJOR improvements .. my Sister in Law that workouts w/me was amazed too .. now she wants to join us w/the P90X program ..:eek: and she HATES weights!!

Ok .. have a great day .. great workouts .. and I will check back later~!

Enjoy your recovery week, Laura! Nice pics! Did you take any before shots for comparison?

I just finished my lunch and am gearing up for my work out. I think I am going to slow down on my push ups. Tony said speed is your friend during them but not for me. I can't get down far enough if I go quickly. He also says form is everything so I'm going with that and will leave the speed and rep count behind for good, quality reps. I am still playing with the stands. They feel good on my wrists but make the exercise much harder to do IMO. I will alternate use of them today and see what happens.

Where is everyone today???

Nancy,

I just noticed you posted last night after I did. I am going with AFPA to certify. It stands for American Fitness Professionals & Assoc. It's a nationally recognized orginazation. My SIL has been a PT for 2 years now and that's who she used. I also know that my gym accepts that cert so between the 2 things I was convinced. It's nice b/c I can do the entire thing at home, both studying and testing. They send me everything I need. I just need to mail the exam back to them for grading when I am done. There is a practical exam which I could do in person if I opted to but they give you the option of taping yourself doing the required moves at home so I will go that route I think.

Almost time to start my work out so I'd better go get myself ready!

TTYL!:)

Wendy .. is it just you and me here today .. ?? LOL

I did not get any good pics .. I know I should have .. the other ones on the picture trail kinda show you . .although I am not "flexing" in them .. LOL ..

I have NEVER had good biceps and triceps .. and no definition in my shoulders or pecs .. my legs have always been cut .. no real change in them at all . . but major changes in size and cut in my upper body ..

maybe by the next 3 - 4 weeks I will be brave enough to let someone else take the pictures and it will show CUT ... LOL

I'm here!!

Hi everyone, well at least I'm expecting everyone to check in today. I had a hectic weekend. My son had 2 basketball games on Sat, they won both:) Saturday was an unscheduled day off. Sunday I was able to do leaner legs and cardio fusion mix n match workout. I know this is a recovery week, but I am using it to get in more cardio. This morning I did Imax 3 and tonight (after 24) I'll do yoga x.

Has anyone done core syngeristics before? I did about 15 mins of it after I first received the dvds. The beginning of it reminded of the slim series.

Wendy-are you planning on becoming a personal trainer?

Laura-nice shots. I didn't take pictures, but I did measure. I am weighing myself weekly and will take measurements once a month. There was no weight change this last week and I'm sure it's due to lack of cardio. By the way, my family needs to purge a lot of junk too. Don't feel bad, you are not alone.

Where is everyone?

Diana

Hey everybody -

Today is Stretch X and then I start my recovery week. I guess I'll measure and takes pics after that, arghh!!! I know my weight hasn't changed.

Laura - You look great. I see cuts!!! You must feel so good.

Wendy - Thanks for the info on the certification. I'll pass this on to my daughter. It sounds like a great plan that you're able to do everything from home.

So I'm still so undecided on what Yoga dvds to get. I started to place an order for Bryan Kest - amazon is having a sale for all three on one dvd for $10. Also, Eoin Finn was recommended but I'm afraid it's going to be as hard as Tony's - no thanks. I don't want another one I can't do, lol! Any other suggestions? I'm trying to get free shipping and I'm ordering Tosca Reno's Clean Eating book at the same time so I'm up to $20. (I know - I'm one of those that'll shop for what I don't need/want just to get free shipping.

TIA!!!!

Nancy

Quick check-in and then I have to shower.

I opted out of using the push up stands today. I slowed down my rep speed for pull ups and push ups and concentrated on form. My rep count went down in several exercises but the intensity went up and OMG did I bring it! I'm happy! :+

I chose to sub in Boot Camp Core instead of ARX today. WOW, was that a tough ab routine to do following C&B! I was seeing stars during the planks! YIKES! LOL Hurts so good though, right? ;) }(

Laura, I was beginning to think we were going to be alone here today as well! How romantic that would have been and Diana and Nancy ruined it by showing up! LOL :p

Diana, Yes, I am going for my Personal Trainer Cert. I just ordered the materials yesterday. I'm very excited but also quite nervous!

Nancy, Enjoy Stretch X! It's definately needed as Tony doesn't do much stretching post work out! I did the stretch from BC after the core work just to get an extra one in there. It felt nice. I'm going to have to do Stretch X again soon myself. :) If your daughter is a real go-getter she can always just jump right into the ACE certification which is the top of the heap! It's tough and you have to do the entire exam live. Even the written exam. That's up to her though...it's not really neccessary. She can always work up to that cert if she wants it.

Okay, off to the showers now.

TTYL!:)

Nancy: <<< I don't want another one I can't do, lol! Any other suggestions>>>

Now I think Bryan Kest is hard ... LOL .. nice to look at though!

I love Byron Baptiste .. his Power Series ... his Live Power series is great also .. there are 2 shorter 30 - 40 min workouts .. one more focused on Core .. the other on athletic power .. the longer one is all power ..

Byron is very descriptive and IMHO the BEST instructor .. he gives very visual ques .. and at the end leaves you feeling so rejuvinated!

Hi girls -

Still procrastinating Stretch X....any minute now. I did start a nice chicken soup for dinner though. The house is smelling good already!

Thanks, Wendy! I think that's exactly what she said. She wants to do the ACE exam because that's where she wants to end up anyway. Thanks for all of your help.

Okay, Laura. Just looked up Power Series at amazon. They're only $3 for Levels 1 and 3, and $5 for level 2, or something like that. So should I get all three levels or is level 1 way too simple (not that I'd complain much, lol). I find Yoga SO HARD. I rather lift 15 lbers for biceps (a girl can dream, right?). But seriously, I want a good workout but if I can't do it, what good is it? Thanks for your help too.

TIA - Nancy

Okay, off to do some errands and then Stretch X it is! Enjoy your dinner too. I'll be back later.

Nancy .. for that price .. I would get all three!! Byron says "beginners to intermediate" .. and he does have couple of people modifying .. but some in there doing very advanced poses that I would not be able to do in my wildest dreams .. LOL ... so all of his workouts (the ones I have anyway) you can start out with easy and later on challenge yourself with!

and for finding it hard ... or not liking it .. and since the price is so good .. heck .. get all of them!! :)

You sound like some of my students hating the "downward doggie thing" .. LOL .. they absolutely despise it .. but thing is .. once you get into it .. the downward dog move is actually a resting pose!! A place to center yourself and breath .. Byron is an excellent teacher at teaching visualization .. you don't even have to look at the TV screen to know what he is wanting you to do ..

I just know I am going to make you a yoga junkie before the end of this 90 days .. LOL!!!}(

Nancy ..

one more thing .. go to collagevideo.com and you can veiw a 60 second preveiw of his workouts .. and it give a good description of each .. the preview screen is gritty .. but you can see a bit of it ... :D

Last minute poster here - LOL

Today is Chest and Back...I painted all day Saturday (no workout) and Sunday finished painting ( quite the project ) and then took the nieces and nephews sledding and after pulling them up that hill countless times, my legs were FRIED! Seriously - what a workout - I went home skipped the workout and took a hot bath and then ran over for the niece's bday party.....so no workout yesterday - I almost felt guilty, but I had so much fun sledding - I am not going to worry about it.......(not to mention I had a three year old on my back coming up the hills either pulling or carrying - it was harder than I thought......;)

So today back on track :)

Good workouts ladies -

Wendy - I just bought those pushup bar things too and I get less reps with them as well, but my quality is better if I go slower and do as many as I can.....:)

You're right, Laura. At that price, I'll get them all!!! I finished Stretch X and in it he does some yoga poses and I love them then. It's just the over and over again stuff I despise.

And...I sure hope you're right. By the end of 90 days, I hope I like yoga better than I do now. With your help, maybe...........

Thanks again. Off to preview at Collage.

Have a great night everybody!!!!!

Nancy

hi ladies!

i'm here!

today was core synergistics.... i had forgetten a lot of the exercises since it's been so long since i've done it! it's a fun workout!

yesterday was yogaX.... i can't believe i have to do it again this week! yikes! we did a short, local bike ride with some friends yesteday.... and afterwards... since it was a "going away" ride... we went to lunch at a local mexican restaurant.... lets just say i have NO willpower with the baskets of chips! so i ate bad again yesterday.... but today i'm back on track with healthy eating! and plan to eat good all week until saturday!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

http://www.picturetrail.com/desertbriez

Hi all - back to my norm - posting late that is.....

CST & ARX today - done. I agree, the push up bars are tough. Still doing them on my knees - maybe I'll decrease reps and do straight leg on the 3rd round - we'll see;-)

And yes, Wendy - I did do the pictures and measurements. The 30 day pics and measurements show some changes but nothing major. I do however, feel much different! I have also dropped 8 pounds, all while gaining muscle which is pretty impressive for me since I hardly ever fluctuate with my weight. However, I have also put some reins on my eating too - which I have never really done before. I just know I have to do that if I want to get lean. Sparkpeople.com has been a great tool for me and has helped my eating a lot.

I really think the changes after 60 and 90 days will be much more apparent. I have even bought some new form fitting tops and I think they look good. My goal is to be able to wear them at the August NASCAR race at MIS. So, it looks like I have another 90 day round of the X to get in before then.:eek::7 Who's with me????:D

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.