P90X January Starters, Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Xers!:D

Classic Rotation/Week 2/Day 1

Well I still have some DOMS in my back so today's work out should be FUN FUN FUN!}( Chest and Back/ARX for me this afternoon. Now that I have purchased push up bars I should have an easier time of all of those push ups...well, no wrist pain anyway!:p Now that my chin up bar is up and running the back work will be tougher! :eek:

I have some errands to run this morning so I likely won't be back here until after my work out!

Catch you a bit later ladies!:)

Hi, Wendy. Thanks for starting us off!

I've been MIA since Thursday afternoon. Sorry! I got a surprise when the school called and told me my son will most likely be moved from his full-day Kindergarten class to only a "regular" half day class. Long story short, we have extended-day Kindergarted (EDK) for those students who score low on entry assessments. My son was one, but now they are saying he is doing well enough to go back to a normal half-day. I'm glad he's doing so well, but I don't agree with the decision to just cut him back to a half day. That's a BIG change and requires a lot of adjustment on his part, which is what I'm worried about. I've got a meeting Wednedsay morning to lay it all out on the table, so we'll see. I've spent a lot of time since last week to get information, collect my thoughts, talk to many people, etc. Kind of took up all my energy, in a good and bad way.

Exercise---HMMMMMMMMMMMM. Yesterday was a rest day after Saturday's marathon swim session at the Y. Sorry to say that I've lost my motivation for Tony. I get like this each and every single time I try to do something other than Cathe workouts. Every time and it's frustrating. I think what's the hardest for me to see is that Cathe works so well for my body in leaning me out, building muscle tone, keeping my weight down. So when I go to something or somebody else, I feel like I'm abandoning MY workouts.

SO.......what to do? Today is going to be a rest day. The boys are home from school to MLK's Day, so back to a normal schedule tomorrow for everybody. WHAT will be on that schedule is unknown at this point.

THANKS for letting me rant here! LOL. BBL to see you all!

Gayle

Hey Gayle.

I can understand your concern in regards to your son. I hope it all works out okay. Sorry about your motivation loss with the X. Are you going to try to push through it or not sure yet? I know it's usually hard for me to follow any kind of pre-planned rotation longer than one week so it will be interesting to see how I do with the X. Motivation is not my problem though. Sometimes I get frustrated when life gets in the way and messes up the routine and other times I am just not in the mood to do the scheudled work out. LOL I am hoping to push through for the X though. I have a good feeling about the results it will bring if I can just make it through the 90 days. I love the program though!

Good morning, Xers!

Today will be C&B for me. I also got the Iron Woody's last week, so I'll be using those on the chin-up bar. I expect to be mondo sore. :) ARX is also on the agenda. My approach to it is to do 12 reps of everything... later on I'll increase a rep or two each time. I have to do it like that because my back was starting to hurt and I was really crapping out on the end exercises.

Wendy, I looked at the push-up bars. You'll have to let us know if they make a difference for you.

Gayle, sorry to hear about your son. I think that would be pretty disruptive at this point in the year, too. Do they need the spot for someone else or are they trying to save money on support or something? I would fight the move, for sure.

Sorry to hear you're a bit off Tony. Maybe try to finish out the month and see how you feel then?? I never used to follow rotations, either, until the Nov and Dec rotations and my realization that I am much better at working out regularly if I am following one. It triggers my guilt complex if I miss a workout, lol.

Well, off to do some errands. Have a great day!
Marie

Hi Gayle and Wendy -

I've been MIA all weekend also but I've continued my workouts. My Legs and Back are still sore from the other day and I just love yesterday's Kenpo. Today is rest/stretch - I'm going to try to get the stretch in. I'm off (along with my girls) due to MLK too.

Gayle, I know that decision regarding your son is bittersweet. I know you're glad he's doing so much better and yet maybe the reason for that is the extended day. I can imagine how frustrated you feel. It's sad that it's always about the money (IMO). He's doing better and therefore gets less services. Enough to make you want to scream.

I don't know if anyone has been following the P90X or Cathe thread over on open discussion. I've kept out of it but I really like Tony. I like his antics - I think it's cute! I've never followed a rotation before because I've never had all the DVDs needed. I like knowing what I'm doing every day. I've just completed two weeks and I feel like my body has changed. My legs (my weakest point) feel a bit leaner. I don't know if it's in my head or not but I did take before pics so we'll see after 90 days. I hope to make it!

Okay, have a great day. I'm so glad to be off today. I got to sleep in on this dreary, rainy day we're having in New York. It's still warm though but I think that's about to come to a screeching halt tomorrow.

Nancy

ETA - Hi Marie - we posted at the same time.

Hey everybody. I've been lurking on those P90X/Cathe threads as well. I don't want to put my 2 cents in either, just read! LOL. I have to admit that I like Tony too. He's funny, in a quirky, macho sort of way. The thing for me is that I'm doubting what works for ME! I know that Cathe leg workouts and running do WONDERS for my lower half. But I also wasn't 100% happy with my upper body with the Cathe weight work (I was about 80% happy with my arms, lol). Also, I have some races/runs coming up that I need to start training for so I have to add running in for cardio training.

SO........I think what I'm going do is Tony upper body workouts (I LOVE the push ups and the pull ups! LOVE THEM ALL!), Cathe lower body, and running mixed with Cathe cardio. Sort of my very own mixture of stuff. lol

Thanks for all the input on everything! Sometimes I'm so wishy-washy about certain things. lol

Gayle

Gayle, I think that's a great plan! Do what works for you!!! I don't know what works for me because I've always been all over the place with an exercise plan. I just know exercise has kept me in decent shape but I know that I could have done better. I hope P90X teaches me a thing or two, lol.

I wish I could run because of everything I hear about it. I just don't have the endurance. I think that's one of the reasons I like P90X so much. He puts in cardio that I can actually do and I guess that's better than none at all.

Nancy

Good Morning everyone :)

This weekend was Saturday Plyo X and Sunday Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps workout (which I LOVE).

I hear ya about being scared of this rotation a bit - I miss my hardcore cardio, but next phase I am going to add three half hour sessions of cathe a week. I will use her CTX and premixes - that way I can pick whatever I feel like.

I am going to stick to this rotation just because I have been doing only Cathe and Jari Love for the past two years and feel like I need a change and I also like the worksheets. They are easy to use and simple to see if you increase your reps. I am buying the bands this week. That dang pullup bar is HARD!!! My chair flips out from under me and it drives me CRAZY! So I am going for the bands and after about 60 days will see where I am at.

I have not looked at the X/Cathe open discussion thing. Tony doesn't bother me that much ( he does chatter though ) but bc I don't really need to follow him after he announces which exercise we will be doing, I block it out and just go for my 12-16 reps :)

BBL....

Hi Everyone,

It sounds like we've all been MIA over the weekend. I don't feel to bad then. My son started basketball and his first game was Saturday. They won 22-9. Saturday ended up being my rest day. Sunday I did Legs & Back and BM2 Scrambled Eggs. I haven't worked out yet today but plan on doing KPC instead of Kenpo X.

Wendy & Gayle-please hang in there. I know P90X is so different from our favorite leader, but change is good. I add in Cathe cardio and some lower body work too, but am trying to keep to the rotation as best as I can.

Nancy-Tony doesn't bother me either for the most part anyway. He is a bit flamboyant but I just ignore his attitude when he gets too full of himself.

Reba-I'm with you..I ordered the Door Gym and can barely get one pull up. This is not very motivating. Sometimes I use my dynaband over the door, this is not very tough and I am afraid of breaking my dynaband. I plan on buying the bands also. I'm sure that will be a much more effective back workout for both of us. When I can get to the rec ctr, using the assisted machine is a very good workout. By the way, I love shoulders and arms also.

Gayle-you need to decide what is best for your son and stick to your guns when you have your meeting. My son also attended all day kindergarten. It was tuition based and was more for the advanced kids that were ready for all day kindergarten.

Happy workouts all,

Diana

Just finished Chest & Back. I used my Iron Woody assist band for the pull-ups/chins and OH MY GOD what a difference. :7 On my own I can barely get one unassisted. But assisted I did 8-12 reps each time. Needless to say, my reps on other exercises decreased, lol. Esp the divebombers - for some reason they are really hard for me. I think because I'm tall and lanky. At least I will tell myself that, hehe.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the investment in the IWs because I can see they are definitely going to get me to the next level.

Diana, I wouldn't use the dynabands like that, either. They are just not strong enough and will likely snap. If you have a Dick's or other sporting good store in your area, you can get the bands with handles, which are made more for this purpose. I have a medium tension one and that worked pretty well.

I haven't done ARX yet but I have a wicked headache which is only just abating. I'll do it a little later.

Hope you all have a great day!

Marie

PS: Also, I'm so happy I won't have to do this workout again until week 9, LMAO!!!!

Chest&Back is done and I did Cathe's HSCh abs in place of ARX for today. I'm fried!}(

So I played with my stance on dive bombers today and found that if I get exactly the right positioning my form is MUCH better! I couldn't figure out how to get "back under the fence" properly last week, nor could I go very low. Now that I was able to improve my form I was able to nail both! Ofcourse with all of this also comes less reps because it makes it harder too! LOL

I also used push up stands for the first time today due to a delicate wrist. Well, they helped the wrist but made the push ups MUCH HARDER to do IMO. I am going to have to altenate use of them cause I just couldn't get down as deep with them as I can w/o them...

It's off to the showers with me now.

Have a great night!:)

Hi all -

Yup - bringing up the rear again}( What can I say? I'm a night owl. Did chest, shoulders & triceps today with ARX - building those guns!

Gayle - I know what you mean by missing Cathe. I do too. But, I'm determined to see P90X all the way through. Cathe will still be there waiting for me. My only problem is that I would like to send her old DVD's back but I want to test out my new ones before I do. Oh well, hope they don't mind waiting a while.......

Wendy - I'm off tomorrow to get the push up stands too. My wrists don't really hurt, but the tops of my hands get sore. I don't know if I'm tweeking my hands or if it's muscle soreness?? Either way, I hope the stands help. I have some on the base of my power tower, but I can't widen them out.

Marie - Iron Woody's??? Is that like the power tower with the pull up bar? I'm thinking it probably is. I'm glad I got mine too. Definitely a challenge!!:D

Nancy - I thought the same thing you did when I was in my first couple of weeks of the X. I thought it might have all been in my head. The 30 day pics really didn't look all that different to me but I did see some changes - I do really feel that I will see even more gains with my 60 and hopefully 90 day pics. I don't think it's all in your head - you are changing.;-) Even my legs tightened up. I thought - how can this be? I do Cathe 5 days a week and hardly do any cardio here but yet, the legs don't lie. I really think the key for me is decreasing my cardio and increasing my strength training. There was a thread in open discussion about this over the weekend. I really think there is something to that.

Until tomorrow night..............

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.