P90X JANUARY Starters, Monday

banslug

Cathlete
Classic/Phase 1/Week 2/Day 1

Good morning to everybody! How was your weekend????

My weekend was rather quiet and nice. The kids and I got LOTS of activity, including 2.5 hours at the pool on Saturday (all that after Kenpo X)! Yesterday morning I got up and had a nice hour-long stretch (X Stretch from P90X) and it felt really good, as I was quite sore!

I'm at my parents' house, checking in on mom and dad. I'm going to try to stop by here every day just to make sure they're BOTH ok. Mom is really feeling the side effects of the chemo, so I'm trying to keep her mind away from the body, if that makes sense. She needs to know this sick feeling is only temporary until the poison they're giving her stops.

OK.....onto the positive. Today...up early for P90X again. Today was Back and Chest, with all those pull ups (assisted on my part) and push ups. WHO KNEW there were that many kinds? LOL. Then I got the kids on the bus and hit the pool at the Y for 1/2 mile of laps, which takes me about 40 minutes. LOVING THE POOL!

Today's plan....at parents' house now, then 2 quick errands, then I'm locking myself in my house and turning the phone off so I can treat myself like I do my cleaning clients.....a few hours of undisturbed cleaning.

BBL sometime, promise.

GAyle

(in case you check and see my other posts, I do copy and paste pretty much the same post and put it here. Take no offense on this, it saves me time and typing, lol.)

Hi Gayle -

You are so productive early in the AM. I'm an evening person. I'm lucky I have enough time to get dressed and get my 16 y.o daughter and I off to school and work. (I'm a school nurse and start at 7:45.)

I loved, loved, loved Kenpo X. Right up my alley. Hard but not too, lol. Tonight is stretch X after I take my mom to doctor at 4:30, bring her back to my house for dinner, and then take her home. I'll probably be stretching at 10 pm, unfortunately!

I'm sorry to hear your Mom is sick. It's a nightmare for all involved, especially her. My Dad died of cancer quite a few years ago and my Mom has been sick with a neurological condition for the past four years. We had to get her a live-in now because she can't be alone. I do love the live-in and trust her like crazy so I guess all is well, for now. My mother keeps me very busy with food shopping, paying bills, doctors appts., etc. I run two households, have a job, and still three kids living at home wanting to know "what's for dinner". My DH helps but, you know, he's a man. MY motto is "every good woman deserves a wife".

OK, back to work for me. Have a great day!!!

Nancy

Hey ladies!

I did YogaX Saturday - remember I was worried about being dissapointed - well my goodness I was not in the least .. talk about one H### of a yoga workout!

After the 90 minutes - I got myself up off the floor walked to the kitchen and my yoga pants were shaking .. my rear end and hamstrings were quivering so hard my pants were shaking! LOL

I LOVED this workout .. I can not say enough about it .. only wish it were more than once a week . . but can see why it is only to be done once a week.

I was to do the legs and back Sunday but unfortunately I was so freaking sore from YogaX I decided I needed to lay off and take a complete rest day .> LOL .. (I can say I am a whimp):7

Today .. on to chest and back .. yes the dreaded push up torture tape .. my only hope is not to be as sore as I was last week .. we will see .. may not try to kill myself on reps this time and do one or two LESS than I think I can to start with .. LOL

Tonight's class will be a lower body circuit class ..

Gayle ..hope your mother gets along just fine ..

ok .. have a great day!!!!:)

Good Morning everyone. Also very sorry to hear about your mother - I hope she starts to feel better soon :) Stay positive!

I also did YogaX on Saturday and was very pleased. I love Brian Kest so not sure who could hold up to that guy, but I loved the 90 minute workout.

Sunday - we still had company until 1PM and then right after drove out of town for a nephew's bday party and then back last night. I didn't get to sleep until after midnight, so no workout yesterday. Very busy day, so tonight I will pick up with whatever was supposed to be yesterday and continue on. Maybe pull a doubles day Tuesday if I am up for it....

Ttya'll later!

good morning!

sorry to hear about your mom, gayle... it's nice that she's close enough for you to be able to check in on her!

this morning was plyometrics for us! fun fun fun! lol!

i especially likes that it's one of the two shorter workouts! since it was my first monday back to worka first full week in months (i was using up vacation days taking monday's and tuesday's since october) and had the full week of last week! gee it's hard to get back on a real work schedule! but i digress!

my legs were much less sore today... and actually... i think the plyo helped to stretch them out some! we'll see how they are after sitting in this chair for a while!!

take care and have a great day!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

So sorry to hear about your Mom Gayle. I'm sure you are glad you are close enough to check in on your parents.

Okay-I have a confession. This will be week 3 for me and I have not done yoga X. I do a cardio instead. After hearing how you all love it and get a great workout from it, I will try my best to start doing it weekly as scheduled.

Today is my scheduled rest day but I do Butts & Guts Overall leg premix on my off day. I need help in this area so an additional leg workout is warranted.

Have you all received your replacement dvd's? I got mine and am trying to work them in so I can make sure they all work before I send back my other ones. I never had a problem with them anyway.

Have a great day.

Diana

no i haven't gotten my replacements yet *mad*....

i'll watch them but not do them while doing p90x..... i don't add any other video workouts.... only bike riding!

as much as i dread the yoga.... i do it cuz i know it serves a purpose.... not only the stretching... but it's good for flexibility (also important on the bike) and there is some minor strength (i.e. all those chararangas and push ups!) i'll even do it both days during the recovery week (but i'll gripe about it ahead of time! so you are forewarned!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Hey Ladies!

I'm a newbie to P90X. I just started the Classic Rotation TODAY with Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X! }(

Can I join your check-in? Oh pretty please!? :) :) :)

uh oh! someone's gonna be sore tomorrow!

welcome to the group!!!!!

is this your first time ever for p90x? or are you a repeater (i'm assuming first time since you called yourself a newbie???? meaning newbie altogether and not newbie this month... i'm babbling!)

you're gonna love the results from this rotation!!!!!!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Hey DB!

I'm a total newbie...first time! I've messed around with the cardio, core/ab, yoga and stretch work outs a bit prior to beginning this rotation but I never did any of the weight work before now...just previewed it!

Thanks for the welcome!:)

I had to do pull/chin ups with a band today as my darling DH put my chin up bar together wrong. (LOL) I am looking forward to using the bar for back next time! I enjoyed the work out! I never knew there were so many kinds of push ups!:7 :7 :7

I am doing the Classic Rotation but tweaking the cardio a bit. I am adding a day of cardio to make it 3 days instead of 2 and I will do 1 P90X cardio per week, I'll run one day per week and I am taking a class at the gym one day per week (step or kickbox most likely). I'll probably add the extra cardio in on Yoga day and do the cardio during the day and the yoga at night. Other than that, it's as is.

I am extremely afraid of Yoga day! I am not a yoga person at all! I've tried it in the past and did not like it. Well, I tried part of this yoga work out and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it more then I've ever liked it in the past BUT I've never gone past the first 45 minutes though and don't know if 90 solid minutes of yoga is going to happen for me! I may split it up and do the first 45 one week, the 2nd 45 another week and alternate back and forth like that.

Okay...enough babbling. I don't want to get kicked out of here already! LOL

I'll start with personals tomorrow!

Have a good evening all!:)

PS: HI GAYLE!!! Are you still running?

Hey . . welcome fitmom .. IA .. someones gonna be sore tomorrow! }(

At least I know I was!! This is my second week and did chest and back today at lunch .. better than I did last week .. LOL .. but man if there is one exercise I despise is pushups! And he hits every angle of every muscle possible!!

I so enjoyed the yoga ... I was surprised .. the 90 minutes is hard to get thru .. IMHO .. the first 30 min. is hard .. the next 30 min. is harder .. if you make it to then the rest is downhill .. the last 30 minutes is not hard at all .. mostly balancing poses and exercises that unwind everything he twisted up . . LOL!! Give it a shot .. you can do it!!

I too am a newbie .. this is unlike anything I have ever done .. I work weights in the gym .. (machines not free weights) ..and use light weights in my classes and in the Cathe series .. but never have I done a free weight workout that works every inch of every muscle .. and one that uses your body in ways I never knew possible! so far it is one heck of a ride .. :7

Welcome!

Welcome Fitmom and Hi to everyone -

I could only get through about twenty minutes of Yoga X the other day, so don't feel bad Fitmom. I have very little experience with Yoga also. I do have a dvd that collects dust called "Hard Body Yoga". I remember it being intense, but not near like Tony's. Maybe I'll try that one the next time Yoga falls in the rotation.

Tonight I did StretchX and loved this one too. It felt really good to stretch parts of my body I didn't know were that tight. This is a keeper also.

Now...if I could just control my eating better. (sigh) Have a great night everyone!!!!

Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.