P90X Jan grads/Feb starters/Nancy, Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

Today I have the weight work from the DM cardio and all upper body premix on tap for after work. Tonight I have running class. We are going to be doing hill repeats.

BBL folks!:)

Hi Wendy -

I had never heard of a running class until I heard you speak about it. Could everyone run when the class first started? I would love to have someone teach me to run!!!! I might be embarrassed though, I don't know.

Have a good day!!!!

Nancy :)

Hi Nancy.

The running classes are offered at different levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced. I took the beginner course last year when I first started running. The only prerequisite for that is that you can walk. They literally start you off with 4 minutes of walking and 1 minute of running for 6 cycles or a total of 30 mins. The running slowly increases and the walking slowly decreases and by the end of the class you are supposed to be able to run for 30 minutes straight. It appears to be very successful. I am sure that you could do it!:)

Thanks for the info, Wendy. I wonder how I can find out if they offer it anywhere in my area. I don't even know who to ask. I guess I'll have to google it or something. How did you find out about yours? Is it something the Y sponsors?

It's quiet here today, huh? I'm running home to do Leaner Legs and then back out. I'll be back tonight....much later.

Have a good rest of your day!!!!

Nancy :)

Hey ..

it is crazy today ... had a great weekend .. beautiful weather and the seas were calm and we tore up the fish!! :D

The diet was blown to H#### and back! but it was fun doing it!

I did not exercise .. but 2 days on the boat fishing is exercise in itself .. thanks to P90X I was stronger than I was last year .. and I was able to angle about a 20# grouper up by myself! My arms were on fire. So today I am sore and feel a little beat up . . but it was worth it ..

So I skipped my lunch workout .. to save the energy for tonights muscle torture class!! Tonight is a mix of a whole lot of stuff .. plyo work .. tall step shaping .. bands .. heavy and light weight work and matt core work!! Hope I will make it thru myself!! LOL:) (all of the adult beverages are going to leak thru my pores!!):eek:

I have a tan now .. and my face is nice and glowing .. and got pink in a couple of spots even with 30 and 15 sunblock on .. think I used an entire bottle of sunblock!! My hair got blonder .. YIKES .. may have to go and get it toned down ... DH said I looked good in my bikini ..Ok the man NEVER compliments me like that .. he said several things about it .. WOW .. made me feel good!!!

Wendy and Nancy did ya'll run everyone off today???

So glad we did not get any of the bad weather stuff . . like Kansas got .. man it just wiped out that town!! poor people!! It is a wonder tornados like that don't kill more people .. but any loss is too much!! But from the looks of what is left ... wow ... people were lucky to be alive!

OK .. gotta run ..have a great day ... and great sweaty workouts (I know mine will be extra sweaty tonight):7

Hi Ladies,

Well Wendy & Nancy didn't run me off! We've been having internet problems at work this morning. I had a busy day on Saturday and didn't work out. Sunday I did B&G Leg Blast premix and the core section also. This morning was BM2 double upper body. I even had to drop down 12 pounds on the second set of bicep curls.x( I did 40 min interval on the elliptical at lunch.

Wendy-sounds like you are starting the May rotation today. I'm liking it so far but I want to try and add in some BBC workouts, especially Butt & legs (w/the cardio) and Back & shoulders. Hill repeats are tough stuff, good luck.

Nancy-I joined a running club last summer-fall, it was their distance program. We were grouped by our times. One groups goal was "I want to run the whole way and finish, the next one's goal was run a 10K in 70 min, run a 10k in 60min, and finally run a 10k in 50 or less. Try looking for a running club in your area. It's a lot of fun to train with a group. They also sponsered different races and I ran in a half marathon and the end of my training. Of course I'd ran it twice before without any formal training program.

Laura-It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm sure your killer workouts will burn off any excess you had this weekend.

Where is everyone....Cathy, Marcia, Angie????

Diana

Hi Gals.

Nancy, I think I was trying to find information on running on the internet and came across the website for the running classes by sheer accident! LOL

Laura, Glad you had a fun weekend. I am not a fisherman but I can imagine the muscle it takes to reel in a big fish! Good for you! My grandpa loved to fish and crab in his spare time. I went crabbing with him but never went fishing.

Diana, You had some great work outs to report! Good for you!:)

Well I did the upper body work from DM. Short but effective work out! WOW! I am leaving for running class in about 15 minutes.

I started doing the practical portion of my P/T exam today. I was quite nervous and overwhelmed when I first started but it's really not that bad. I hope to complete it this week. :)

I got the new SS express work outs today. They look pretty good. I am thinking of combining them with a couple of the regular SS work outs plus my gym class and 1 run per week for a nice balanced rotation after I finish Cathe's. My wheels are *always* turnin' when it comes to my work outs! LOL

Well, off I go! BBL!:7

Hello girls

I'm being my usual self and posting late again. Mondays are always so darn busy. Plus, I'm getting spring, or should I say summer fever. We got our 5th wheel out and I need to start putiing things in it - it's completely empty. The mattress still has the plastic on it. We need to flush out the faucets and do some light dusting but we are all so excited to get it stocked and take off!:)

I didn't exercise at all this weekend and had too many beers Saturday night. I thought for sure I would have a hangover on Sunday, but I never did - thankfully. I'm not much of a drinker - but sometimes I try.:D :+

Laura - Congrats on your big catch! Sounds like you had a great time. Wooooohoooo on DH's comments!:) Doesn't that just make you feel so good? It makes all the pain so worth it!

Diana - So are you doing the May rotation too? Is DS still doing PUB? I gotta sign my DS up for football tomorrow. It's a $50 registration fee so I told DS if I pay, he's in it for the long haul. I hope he loves it! It'll be good for him.

Wendy - You'll do great on the practical. Is this the last step for you or do you still have a paper to do? Also, what are the SS workouts? Let us know how you like them.

Nancy - So are you going to start running? I want to do that too. I have bad hips so I'm not sure how it will work out for me, but we'll see. I'm still looking for a TM. It's too darn dusty to run around here right now - we need rain!!! Let us know if you find a class.

Later

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.