P90X Grads, Starts and Nancy! Thursday!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hello Ladies!

Well, I actually did half of Shape It Up early this morning and then went to my 9:30 spin class and got my arse whooped ofcourse! In about an hour or so (at nap time) I will do my chin ups and the other half of Shape It Up. Ofcourse I scheduled the second LONGEST work out in the series for today! It's about a minute or 2 shorter then Tear It Up! ACK! LOL :p

I am bringing my new resistance bands and my running gear to a/c with me tmrw so I can work out while I am there. }( Tomorrow will be my rest day. :)

Not much else going on here right now...hafta get movin' on the laundry so that I can start packing tonight!:D

BBL!:7

Morning Ladies ..

Wendy .. I swear .. I thought I exercised a lot .. girl .. you gotta a load to do today ..

well .. CLEANMAX failed miserably .. we had a much need little storm roll thru and my yard is a mess .. but I am not complaining .. we need the rain soooooooo bad .. I did get some smaller projects done though .. so that was good. Then I made some stuffed bell peppers and made a mess of my kitchen spent the rest of the night cleaning up my own mess ..x(

Today is the gym legs I did not get done yesterday thanks to a delayed trip to Wal-mart .. (so many cute summer beach stuff out) .. then tonight it is 1/2 cardio and 1/2 yoga ... or if I am stressed as I was yesterday it may be ALL yoga .. LOL

Cathe.. hey .. when I typed "LA" .. I meant LOWER ALABAMA .. not Louisiana .. but it is way too hot here too .. and we need some rain so bad .. I have some very good friends in Louisiana .. yeah Katrina wiped them out .. they have had a time!

Nancy, Diana, Angie .. hope all of you are having a wonderful day ..

I am going to TRY to improve my attitude .. my horoscope said I needed some TLC and I should pamper myself today .. hhmmmm sounds like a plan .. I am all for that!! :D

Ok .. will BBL to check on all that follow .. have a great day and better workouts!!:7

Hi Laura and all who follow.

Laura: So how are you going to pamper yourself today? :)

It's all done girls! I made it all happen! Shape It Up, 13 chin ups, spin class AND even Cool It Off Express which was a last minute add on! ALL OF IT IS DONE! I am going to enjoy the heck out of my rest day tomorrow!:7

I'm scarfing down a turkey sandwich right now and then I have to hit the laundry and some housework before DS gets up!

BBL!:)

Hey girls -

Have fun in AC, Wendy!!!! Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned!!! We're going to Connecticut for my daughter's three day graduation event. Saturday is Baccaleurate, Sunday is Class Day, and Monday is Commencement. Each is followed by a brunch or dinner of some sort. Oh......wish me some control!!!!!!

Laura - how did you stuff your peppers? I make stuffed peppers too - I'm just looking for some other ideas!!!

Okay, I'll be back. My plan is lower body and start my packing. There's four of us going and a lot to do!!!!

Nancy

ETA - We must have been posting at the same time Wendy! You amaze me................

Hi Everyone,

Well I had to drag myself out of bed this morning and I did GS C&T. The stress at work along with donating blood on Tuesday really wore me out. I have to work through lunch today so I won't be getting my cardio fix in at the rec center. Oh well, I'm so looking forward to the long weekend. It will be busy as I have tons of cleanmax and organizing to do. I will feel so much better when it's all done. I little rant-I weighed in yesterday and was up 1.4lbs. Yes I stayed on program and tracked everything. No-I didn't get 2 workouts in each day. It is just so frustrating. OK-rant over, moving on.

Wendy-I applaud you on the SS w/o. I'd rather take a sharp stick to the eye than do one of those. Great w/o plan your holiday weekend. If all else fails, you can run on the treadmill.

Laura-I thought you were LA also. I need to get busy on those house projects myself.

Nancy-you have a busy weekend planned. Life happens! You just have to the best you can with your eating.

Angie-you asked how can I work out for 2 hrs with kids. Well the only 2 kids at home are 11 & 17. I workout at home in the morning before coming to work. I work near a rec ctr that my company pays for (we just pay the tax thru payroll ded). I can either go to the rec ctr or run at lunch. That's how I get my 2 hours. I use to try to w/o in the evening, but it just doesn't work for me. Dinner, checking kids homework, laundry, grocery shopping etc is all I have time for in the evenings.

BBL

Diana

Nancy, Have fun at the graduation festivities this weekend! Don't worry about having TOO much control with the food! It's okay to let loose a bit! Just tighten up the reigns once the weekend is over!}(

Diana, It's funny but the Slim Series is not feeling nearly as torturous as it did the last 1000 times I tried to use it! LOL I am actually enjoying the change. I think part of it is because I've really mixed it up in this rotation so I've got lots of variety aside from those workouts so it makes it more fun. :)

Time to get the little guy up!

Have a great afternoon girls!:)

Hey there, everyone! SO happy tomorrow’s Friday and a 3-day weekend’s comin’! Kenpo is on the rotation for today, but I’m thinkin’ I gotta sub with something that’s gonna work me a little harder. Not sure if it’ll be KM, KPC, or one of my newer KB workouts.

Laura :: So you’re wearin’ the cranky pants today, eh? Hope the cardio and/or yoga help relieve the stress!

Nancy :: sending strong willpower vibes your way for the weekend!!!! Congrats to DD on her graduation.

Wendy :: great job getting it all in! Have fun in AC!

Diana :: I do understand your frustration at the scales, but try to keep it in perspective. The 1.4 lb. difference could have just been a fluctuation in water weight. Do you take your measurements, too? Maybe that’s a better gauge of success. That number on the scale can just be so dang misleading. Hang in there!…BTW, I can’t believe all that you squeeze into your day!!

OK, ordered a pizza and gotta keep an ear peeled. Have a great night!

Cathy :)

"how did you stuff your peppers"

4 large peppers (cut in half) or 8 small peppers top cut out
wash peppers and put in baking dish
2# of meat (I use venison)
2 eggs
3 tbls soy sauce
1 cup cooked rice
1 tbl onion flakes (I use finely grated fresh onion)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
5 tbls of catsup

take 2 tbl of mushroom soup and 3 tbl of catsup - combine in small bowl - set aside

Mix all other ingrediets together by hand - squish down in the peppers - you can heap it on top . . then take the mixture you set asid and cover the top of the peppers

put enough water in the baking dish to cover 1/4 of bottom of baking dish .. cook uncovered - 1 1/2 hours on 325 degrees ..

(the soy and soup add salt .. but if you want you can add salt and pepper but I don't think you need it)

.. mmm .. mmm .. mmm good .. (you can freeze them too .. just wrap them in foil once cooled and put in freezer)

:7

Wendy .. does working the crap out of my legs at lunch then going to teach a 60 min. power yoga class count as pampering??? LOL .. aahhh .. maybe a jacuzzi bath w/scented candles and some nice calming music once I get home!!:)

Cathy - I have had such a stressfull week I thought about kickboxing instead of yoga .. but think the yoga will get that dang kink out of my shoulders ... but you go and kick some butt for both of us girl!!! enjoy!

Diana - sounds like stress is kicking both our butts .. I feel your pain!!! work is a B#### isn't it???

Nancy - sounds like a busy weekend ..congrats to the DD on graduation.. you know graduation calories are like b-day calories .. they don't "really" count!! ;)

have a great day!!! come on 5:00!!!

:7

Oh, Laura. That recipe is a keeper.

I'll give you mine now....

I don't measure so I don't know

Ground turkey
bread crumb
a little red sauce (from the cans you're opening anyway later)
grated cheese
brown rice
eggs - usually 2
parsley, black pepper, salt

Mush together....it's like a meatball but with rice. Stuff the peppers. I put it in a baking dish and cover with sauce (about half way up the pepper) (can you tell I'm Italian?) Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees about 2 hours.

Oh......I sprinkle the top with a small amount of oregano (dried) to give it that real 'italian' flavor.

I'm printing up your version....sounds delicious!!!!!

Nancy

ETA - I just cut the tops of the peppers off (and eat them while I'm waiting) and stuff the peppers that way. It's a hearty meal....I can usually stuff about 6 peppers from one package of ground turkey.

OK, workout done. Did KM cardio leg sculpt premix minus the leg drills. Instead, I tacked on my own lower body mix from Squeeze. (So, yeah, Laura, I kicked some a** for both of us!) :)

Have a great night, all!
Cathy :)

Hi all

Well, late again b/c of a CPR & First Aide class that took all day. It's amazing how they do everthing with a video now and don't make you take tests at all. We only had to demonstrate to the instructor how to do it. Now all compressions are 30 with 2 breaths on infant, child and adult. How much easier can that be? Man, things sure have changed since I took this class last.

Got home late and wanted a good, quick cardio so I wouldn't be eating dinner at midnight.:D Also, DH made me mad, so I wanted something fun - IMAX2 it was! :) It did the trick! Always a good calorie burn and over in less than an hour. It also always seems to put me in a good/better mood.;-)

Cathy - I'm comin' over!! Pizza sounds sooooo good right now. I see some of that in my very near future.
I'm excited about the 3 day weekend too, although it just makes my Mondays more hectic - but it's usually worth it. I want to sleep in and do NOTHING! But, it sounds like we will be heading north to go fishing - haven't decided if I'm joining the boys or not....

Laura - I'll bet you'll have a great weekend too - perhaps with some ice cold beverages by the pool????? Nah - not you!}(
I hear you about the Walmart thing - there's no going in there just to get one thing. I also can never seem to get out of there without spending at least $100.:-(

Nancy - It's a holiday weekend - forget about control!! Stay hydrated and eat some healthy stuff here and there and call it good.:) That's my plan - LOL! I don't get disappointed in myself that way. Have a great time with the graduation and snap lots of pics!!;-)

Wendy - Nice job on the w/o! Hope you have a great weekend with DH! I'm sure you are looking forward to getting out of dodge and letting loose. Is it a very far drive?

Diana - I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you are building muscle with all that exercising you are doing. Are you making gains in the measurement department. I would be shocked if you weren't.
Ahhhhhhh - so you're one of those morning people. I tried to exercise in the morning and just couldn't get into it. I'm kind of a morning lagger and don't do much until I can get a couple cups of java in my veins. My DH is a morning person - I'm jealous of all of you! But, I can party with the best of em' until the wee hours of the night when DH is fallin' asleep mid-conversation.:D It's weird how god made us all so darned different. It sure makes things interesting.

Well - off to figure out what the heck I am doing or not doing this weekend.;-)

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.