P90X Grads, Starters and Nancy .. Wed

Poochy

Cathlete
Hey Ladies ..

Nancy .. LOL .. I scare you! hhmmmm .. funny .. I have been told that before!! LOL

Angie .. I have wanted to kick that girls butt .. but she has a problem .. real self esteem problems and mainly whatever pill she is popping that makes her act like popcorn in a popcorn popper! and she has a friend that just always pushing her (she is the reason I refer to them as plural)

Wendy .. yes she IS serious .. she thinks she can teach .. she bounces around literally and if she did try her hand at teaching she would probably key her step classes to around 140 BPM .. and then STILL be a beat ahead... aahhhhh ..

Diana .. you have been kicking your own butt haven't you?? WOW .. you go girl!! You would have loved last nights class .. LOL!

OK .. class .. walked in .. they were talking about how they "tried" to teach a step class .. I said "yeah .. I heard someone tried to teach my class .. I am none too happy about it .. and I hope everyone signed a release of liability form" .. the got wide eyed .. and started back trailing saying how they could not remember my routines and made up stuff to do ..it was a chopped up step class .. my only comment "well .. that is all fine and good if you know what you are doing ..and do this on your own for fun ... I just don't want anyone getting hurt .. and by the way .. since you all did teach last night .. I thought I would step it up a bit tonight" .. They all gasped and one girl even said .. "oh no .. I am scared" (Nancy) .. LOL

.. OK .. taught on 4 layers a routine that I do on the weekends .. tons of pushups .. tons of planks .. tons of step ups .. tons of plyos .. TONS of abs .. NONSTOP .. no rest .. no catching breath .. the hyper girl tried to hang in .. most would stop and start .. they left drenched in sweat ... and moaning .. but very quiet! LOL

You know .. if they wanted to get together and workout .. why not a bootcamp style workout (I have cue cards they can go by) .. or why not a walk??? why try to teach a cardio class when you don't have a clue about safety .. cueing .. music .. and form??? aahhhh anyway..

Yes I am sore today .. abs, butt, and chest!

Tonight .. }( }( .. ALL WEIGHTS .. slow controlled muscle endurance workout (hyper girl HATES that class) :7

After the week I had last week .. I am beginning to think .. I really may be evil!!!!}( LOL

have a great day and better workouts!!:7

So, Laura, you ARE scary!!! lol.....At least they know when they come to work out they're going to WORK OUT!!! I remember going to the gym sometimes and the work out wasn't the best. That's when I discovered Cathe and realized that I can do better at home.

Do you teach in a gym? I don't remember reading exactly what you do and where. Do you teach most nights? You're one lucky girl getting paid to workout!!!!!

Nancy :)

Hey Nancy ..

:) Yeah .. I teach at a local gym .. I have taught for 20+ years now!:eek: and do still have some of the same girls that have followed me all over .. every time I changed places ..

I teach after work (aaahh... the asylum) .. four days a week from 5:30 - 6:30 ..

I keep my classes varied (cardio step, circuit, cardio kickboxing, body sculpting, bootcamp, pilates, and yoga) .. and I used to do mainly cardio and light weights ...but since the P90X and BBC .. have cut down on the cardio segments and switched to mostly weights .. w/plyo work .. (my class thinks I have lost my mind) .. LOL .. so the "cardio queens" prefer the cardio classes .. they don't like the weights b/c they get sore and it is so hard for them ...

P90X convinced my SIL to limit her cardio too.. and she is loving it .. limiting the cardio has really made both of us SO much stronger .. and muscular .. and when we do our cardio the sessions are so much easier than they used to be!!
:7

Hi Girls.

I have L&G Xtreme on tap for today...I'm askeered!:eek: I don't know what is going to happen...I could wimp out totally and do another leg work out, start it but not finish, just opt for L&G as produced or a different premix, or...I could actually do what is on the rotation from start to finish with out cheating! Oh the horror! LOL ;)

I'll tell ya one thing...it's too friggin warm in this house to be working out! BLECH! I have to have DH put the air conditioners in tonight for sure! That alone could affect my work out! :-(

BBL!

I hear you Wendy on this heat!!!!! They replaced the school windows recently and haven't been back to replace the air conditioners that are in some of the windows. Thank God the nurse's office gets one but.....that doesn't help me today. I feel drained and I'm hardly moving. It is supposed to cool down after some expected thunderstorms this evening by at least 20 degress. Today is 88 degrees so far and tomorrow a high of 68. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Laura, I have a few friends and all they do is cardio. I can't convince them - no matter what I say. They "want to lose fat before they start building muscle because they're afraid of looking bigger". Now, by no means am I in tip-top shape and I'd probably be in better shape if I added a little more cardio than an occasional walk in the park BUT I'm in better shape than they are who are sweating their brains out and never lifting a weight. I'm thankful that I like to lift weights...I think most people just find it boring. Secretly, I wish I lived closer to you....I'd be scared but at least I'd know I wasn't wasting my time, lol.

Have a great day everybody!!!!!

Nancy

Hi Ladies,

I did Cardio Fusion this morning. Usually I do the mix n match premix but didn't think I'd have time. As produced, the workout too about 75 minutes anway. It was fun and that's all that matters.

I had to work late last night so I didn't get the upperbody work I had planned. Instead of playing catch-up, I'll probably do a total body wt training workout tomorrow. I'm leaning towards MIS.

I weighed in today and was down 2.6lbs. Of course I'm wearing a skirt instead of jeans like I normally do. I'm hopeful though that some of it was weight loss.

Laura-I really wish I could take your classes. I would make Nancy come with me:) When my kids were little I used to take aerobics at the rec center and had a blast. I've also taken turbo kick (fun fun workout). I'm glad you explained the dangers of a student teaching the class. You know, it's only funny 'til someone gets hurt.

Nancy-Weight work is so good for us, especially us women. Too bad you can't convince your friends. I know I do a lot of cardio, but I have hypothyroidism and need to lose about 30lbs. I don't neglect the weights-I like lifting too :)

Wendy-NO AIR, that sounds awful. I completely understand though. We have central air and need to replace our air conditioner. It is just so expensive. Fortunately, my workout space is in the basement where it is much cooler. Great job on L&G Extreme.

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

Hey girls,
I checked in really early Tuesday morning but on Monday’s thread and then didn’t make it back, so I have some catching up to do.

Yesterday, I was sent home early as I had a fever and chills I could not shake…The fever lasted all through the night (I woke up drenched), so I did stay home from work today and went back to the doc. It’s in the sinuses and chest now…He’s putting me on a different, apparently stronger antibiotic, so let’s hope that works. I still have to pick it up at the pharmacy. I did feel good enough to do CST & ME abs this afternoon, but I didn’t push the intensity too much and did almost all the pushups on my knees.

Time for personals!

Laura :: cracked up about the Cardio Crackhead…I have taken Cathe’s k’boxing class a handful of times, and several times there has been one lady there who likes to be up front – she is completely off-beat and moves like she is on speed…it drives me NUTS and throws me off…hope your students learned their lesson.

Diana :: I plan to up my cardio again, too, as soon as I finish the X. I was starting to see some desired results by combining running, k’boxing, and legs 2x a week, and I think I need to go back to that. congrats on the weight loss! At the doc’s office today, I was down 5 lbs. from Saturday, but of course, that doesn’t count b/c it’s from being sick & I will undoubtedly put that right back on as soon as I *look* at a brownie. *LOL*

Wendy :: agreed – it is pretty damn hot here!…so how was L&G Extreme? Tell us!

Nancy :: I’m with you – 68 is perfect weather. Unfortuantely, springtime never seems to last very long in Jersey. We'll be going right to ungodly heat in no time.

Have a good night, everyone!
Cathy :)

Hey Cathy-I hope you start feeling better soon. I hardly ever get sick, but it is bad when I do.

Get Well Soon.

Diana

Hi all

Yes - late as usual - typical Wednesday. I did the X B&B and ARX. They were challenging and I increased weight on some of the exercises. My arms are so pumped during and after that workout! I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight. :)

Laura - remind me to never pi$$ you off.:7 I'm sure those girls get their money's worth! How do you have time to do any other workouts other than the one's you teach?
Any word on the beach house?

Nancy - I totally agree with your weights theory. P90X has totally changed my thinking and it seems has changed a lot of folks. If someone would have told me how fit I could get by doing the small amount of cardio that is done on the X, I would have thought they were crazy. Weight has changed my body so much more than cardio and I'm lucky because I really like to lift heavy.;-) I think there's a lot of women out there who would really be surprised at how much weight will change them. But some people just won't listen no matter what...
I'll send some of this 40's weather your way. :-( Although, I will take this over hot and humid any day of the week.;-)

Wendy - Congrats on L&G extreme - I have no idea what it is but it sounds tough. Am I just having a brain fart? Is it a Cathe?

Diana - Great job on the loss!!!:D Your hard work is paying off - you go!

Cathy - So sorry you are still feelin icky.:-( Hopefully the new abx will kick in soon and hopfully it's not viral.x( Congrats on the 5#, even if it wasn't the way you wanted to lose it.
I'm so jealous - you've taken a live Cathe class? Oh that would be so much fun. I'd be so nervous though. I wish Cathe lived in Michigan.:D

OK - LOST is on so I gotta run.:)

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.