P90X Grads/Starters and Nancy Tuesday!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Folks!

It's Tear It Up for me today minus the ab work!

I already have mild DOMS in my legs from B&G y'day! I could be IN TROUBLE later!}( :p :7

Angie: Tear It Up is a Slim Series work out (BeachBody). It is a BORING series but supposedly effective if you stick with it. This particular work out happens to be THE LONGEST one so it could be tough to get through....

Cathy: Yeah, Joey was thrilled to be at the park y'day morning. He flipped out when I tried to leave ofcourse. ACK! lol So what's your plan for post X? I know you posted a rotation over in the Cheetah check in. Is that definately what you are going to do?

Morning ladies ..

sorry have been missing in action ... had catch up work yesterday .. and it was once again insane here ... what else is new right?

had a wonderful weekend at the beach .. weather was just gorgeous .. although we had high winds so no fishing! x( .. but I enjoyed the break ..

did a long run Friday .. one hour .. then nothing Sat. or Sunday .. just housework and then errands .. then came home and laid out by the pool .. it was wonderful!

Yesterday was BBC arms and abs .. tricep torture tape!! and last night was circuit class ... so today have some DOMS in the tris .. but all else is well.

Getting my hair done at lunch .. it is to the point I can not take it one more second.. ever been like that? Has gotten TOO blonde so getting low lights in today .. and a much needed cut!!! Have had it up since Friday .. LOL

Ok .. gotta run .. will BBL for personals!

have a great day!:7

Hi girls

Finally got a chance to sleep in today. Actually got up with the boys to get them on the bus then went back to bed. I was sore from C&B but now that I've gotton an extra couple hours of sleep I don't feel the soreness anymore. I still haven't got anything done so I really need to get off my rump and start laundry and dishes. :-(

Hmmmmm - today's workout. I'm thinking a BBC muscle workokut with AllStep. Not sure though. I just don't want to do another X workout. I've been on a strictly Tony diet for 2 weeks now and I'm ready for something diffrent.

Hey Wendy - good luck with the w/o today. It's so tough to get motivated to w/o when you know it's something you don't really like. That's how I was with YogaX.:-( I just dreaded that workout and have done it a total of once since the X rotation. That's why I like Cathe so much - there's really none of her workokuts that I dread and they still kick butt.:)

Laura - Glad to see you back. I'm tempted with arms and abs today b/c of your post. It is killer on the arms! }( Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Hope you get a nice 3 day weekend coming up and it will be even better with a new hair do.:) Don't tell me you have to work in the madhouse on the holiday weekend? :eek:

Cathy - I can so relate to blowing off YogaX. It's a challenge to fit that one in. I did it when I was supposed to during the X rotation but I didn't like it one bit!:D So glad to hear you are on your last week - wooooohoooooo! So is Saturday your last day? Then what?

Diana & Nancy - I'll check back later to see how it's going with you two later.

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Angie

Hey Angie, Laura and Wendy!!!

Going good here!! Eating well. I have to take Mom to doctor after work so it will be late workout and then a late dinner. Gotta do whatcha gotta do, right? Poor Mom, hasn't felt well for a long time and they don't really know what's wrong other than "atypical parkinsons" which is another way of saying "something neurological - we just don't know what". It doesn't resemble Parkinson's or anything. She doesn't look or act like MJ Fox and I can't even describe it. We've had her to a slew of doctors - even Columbia University's neuro doctors (supposed to be the best in the city/world). They upped her meds - that made her worse and I never went back. I just treat her myself depending on her symptoms. It's a nightmare I tell ya!!!!!! I can "talk" about it now without bawling...you had to see me at the beginning. I couldn't even sleep for the longest time!! I've adjusted I guess. It's hard watching someone not feel well and you can't help them. OKAY, SORRY FOR RANTING. I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHY I WENT THROUGH THIS WHOLE THING!!!

Okay, have a good night. We'll see if I get to check back in or not. I'm extremely envious of all you girls' stamina and hard workouts. Someday............

Nancy :) :)

Hi ladies~

I blew off YogaX yesterday, so it’s on my agenda for a little later this evening.

Wendy :: yes, I am doing the rotation I posted the other day. How was Tear It Up?

Laura :: yes, I go into ponytail mode when I am overdue for a cut. I am getting mine trimmed on Friday (also overdue).

Angie :: I did the first half of YogaX once, and the second half another time, but other than that, I have always subbed for it. I like the second half better. I find the first half to be a bit too repetitive for my taste. But I'm gonna give it a go since this is the last hurrah with the X. Don't know if I'll last all 90 minutes though. Ninety min of yoga isn't an issue if I'm in a live class, but for some reason, it seems like an eternity when doing a video...Sunday is my last day (yay!) and then I’ll be starting a BBC/Cathe rotation of my own design...Glad you had a chance to sleep in and rest up this morning.

Nancy :: so sorry to hear about your mom and that the docs themselves seem baffled…I imagine it is very difficult to watch your mom suffer that way. (((HUGS))) I hope it gets better.

OK, have a good night, everyone!
Cathy :)

Bless your heart Nancy .. sending some positive healing energy your way! I have been there .. and watching someone you love suffer or go downhill is a horrible thing to endure! :(

and having Dr.'s try different meds and some affecting negatively and some helping .. some interacting (cure one thing then causes something else) is maddening!! I feel for you sweetie!! Hang in there .. KNOW you are not alone!!!

Wendy .. you are doing more different workouts?? MAN .. your workout cabinet must look similar or even bigger than mine! LOL

Angie ... NO thank goodness NO MADHOUSE this weekend .. I will at home celebrating by the pool .. BF b-day .. then Sunday going to her house and celebrating by her pool .. Memorial day .. then Monday hoping to recover by my pool from all the partying! LOL

Cathe .. hair is MUCH better!!:D amazing how a good cut and color fixer upper will make you feel better!!!

while at the hair dresser .. heard my husband's EX is wanting to create havoc in my life again .. IF you all hear of someone beating the crap out of someone in Alabama .. rest assured it is ME!!!x( she has no life .. it has been 25 years since they were together .. no not married .. DATED in high school and 2 years after high school and she is STILL obsessed w/him and OUR marriage .. $#%@#$%@#$%@#%^x( x(

OH boy ... going to have to work off some steam tonight in class .. poor students!!

Thanks girls for the sympathy/empathy!! I know we all go through it eventually. It sucks!!!

It would really be great to use those muscles on her, huh? I feel for you too!!!

Okay, running up to exercise. Have a great night!!!

Nancy

Hi Everyone,

Another busy day at work. I've tried to post 3 times today and was interupted each time. This morning I did lowmax and used a 10lb dumbbell for the first 2 blasts. If possible, I will try to do GS C&T tonight. I do have a haircut appt after work and its definitely overdue too. Sounds like several of us have or had:) this same problem. Oh-my rec center is offer a 8wk spinning weightloss class starting in June, and I'm interested in the outdoor bootcamp class that starts in June too. I'll let you know if I sign up for one or both of these.

Wendy-Joey sure is growing up fast. It is a milestone when you can see their independance coming out. Tear It Up-yuck. I just can't bring myself to do it again. Only did it once. Hope you made it through the workout. I've seen some great infomercials on the Slim Series and have seen some the results. You insire me to try different things.

Angie-how was cleanmaxx( What BBC workout did you do? These workouts really get in there good-if you know what I mean.

Laura-You have a fun weeekend planned, don't forget your sunscreen:) I wouldn't be happy about an ex being around either. I'm just jealous by nature I guess.

Nancy-your mom is so fortunate to have you. Remember you still need to take care of yourself. Caregiving can be a real drain on a person if you don't take care of yourself.

Cathy-I bet you can't wait to finish the X. The last month was a real struggle for me to. The BBC workouts are pretty tough, hope you like them as much as we all do. The sound quality is pretty poor IMO, but the workouts are straight forward and tough.

I'm off to get my haircut:)

Diana

Laura :: OK, that is WAY loco to still be pining after a HS b/f after 25 years!!

Diana :: I rec'd BBC for my b-day last month and couldn't resist trying out a few - I do like them a lot! I'll be using all 5 days of the weights in my next rotation but am going to be a little more flexible on the cardio. I'd like to primarily run and k'box for my cardio. (I'm one who can't stand the TM and prefers to run outdoors whenever possible!)

Nancy :: have a great workout!

OK, YogaX done. For the second round of it this week, I've gotta sub, though. This one is just too monotonous.

OK, gn ladies!

Hey there again girls

Instead of BBC and Allstep, I decided on LIC. I wanted a full workout that was fun and challenging and this one fit the bill. It made the sorness of yesterday rear its ugly head again.:7 Those push ups on the step after all previous work sure made me want to call Cathe names.}( I did complete all 16 on each side, but had to do them on the knees.

Hi Nancy - so sorry to hear about your mom. It's so hard dealing with family health issues. Do you have any family that can help you out? I hope you/Dr.'s can get to the bottom of it.

Cathy - Congrats on doing YogaX! It is quite an accomplishment.

Laura - Maybe you should arrange a meeting with psycho girl at the gym with psycho girl who can't get over her high school days. Sounds like they would make a great couple.:7 Yikes!!!
Glad you like your haircut and color. Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend on tap.

Diana - ohhhhhhh spin classes or outdoor bootcamp..... what an interesting choice. They both sound like lots of fun!:) Man, are you still doing 2 hours of workouts everyday? How in the heck do you find the time with the kids and all??? Again, you ladies have me in awe.

Wendy - sounds like you are not alone in your hatred of the workout you have on tap for today. With all of the workouts you have, I say junk it and do something fun!;-)

Have a great night all. Tomorrow is an early day at work, early to come home for a workout and then off to take DS to TaiKwanDo and then off to an awards banquet for DS. Yup - it's gonna be late when I post tomorrow night. Chat with ya then.....

Angie

Good Evening Ladies.

I was rushing around today so this is my first chance to get back here! YIKES! I am dawg tired so I apologize but there will be no personals tonight. :-(

Just wanted to report back that I completed Tear It Up sans ab work as promised this afternoon. Man did it hurt!}( I had DOMS in both my upper and lower body from B&G and the chin ups when I started my work out so it was burnin' the muscles *FAST*!!! Now the DOMS is even worse and I feel like I've been run over by a truck! It was long but a pretty good work out. Better then I remember it being! Maybe this is a good sign!:+

I have yoga only on tap for tomorrow...It couldn't come at a better time as I soooooo need it!:)

Have a great night and see everyone in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.