P90X grads/starters and Nancy! Sunday May 20

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

I have Cardio Sculpt and a run or Cathe cardio on tap for today. The arthritis in my neck flared up last night so my work out is dependent upon what my neck allows me to do. I'll have to see how I feel once I start my work out later....

I am not feeling any DOMS in my abs/core after y'day's work out. I am kind of surprised. I may get some later though....}(

Diana: So when are you going to start the GS rotation?

Hope everyone has a happy Sunday!:)

Good morning, everyone :)

I took Thursday and Friday as rest days and yesterday did part of CIA's Absolute Kickboxing. About 40 min. into it, I had a drop-by visitor, so it was cut short, but I still feel like I got in a good workout.

Today I'm aiming for Back & Bi, abs, and some type of cardio. I'm feeling much, much better - it's basically just my sinuses that are still in overdrive.

Wendy :: I'll be really curious to hear your thoughts on SSE once you're in that rotation. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do after next week (when I'll officially be an X grad! Woohoo!) Hope your neck feels better. I have arthritis in my foot, and even though warmer weather usually makes it feel better, it has also been "acting up" lately. Strange.

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies!
Cathy :)

Hi chicks!

I am done with Cardio Sculpt Express and my run. I finally did my new Itread set 10/30 mins. Great run. She really mixes it up with flat runs, sprints, and hills in this one! I am going to try to get in some yoga tonight. DH has to go to a viewing so after DS is in bed I will have some quiet time to myself. :)

Cathy: Are you at all familiar with Beach Body's Slim in 6 or Slim Series work outs? The SSE's are the same type of work outs only shorter-30 mins each. The Slim Series work outs are all an hour to an hour and a half long. The exercises are low weight/high rep. Don't much put weight on the claims that they are cardio work outs. As an intermediate to advanced exerciser you are not likely to get much of a cardio work out from these at all *BUT* the weight work is supposed to yield very good results if you stick with it long enough to see them. Several people on these boards have said so! I have yet to do that though. They are quite boring to be honest which is why I always quit on them but I keep on trying! ;) The SSE's though, are not as bad and I gather it's because they are shorter. You may want to up the weight used. Debbie recommends 3-5# weights. I use 5-8# for most of the weight work. She also intermittenly will use a band which you can sub weights for if you wish.

Well, I am outta here for now...have to shower!

BBL!

Hey Wendy,
I only know about them from what you explained before. I don't do complex choreography, but yes, I would consider myself at the advanced level, so when I buy a whole series, I would like it to be challenging. I've purchased a few intermediate videos here and there, and I generally find that I wind up not using them. So, I don't think SSE is something I'll go for, but of course, if *you're* endorsing it or can vouch for the results, I would definitely consider it! Same with P90M. I trust your reviews and am usually on the same page. So, I'll look forward to hearing what you think after a few weeks into it.

~Cathy :)

Cathy: I am going to weigh/measure tmrw morning and at the end of the 3-4 weeks so that I can have a solid account of what the SS rotation does for me. That will be more valuable then any "opinnion" I could give I think. I'll probably get the P90 Masters this week! I am going to have to restrain myself from trying them until I am done with the SS rotation!!! OMG, so little work outs, so little time! LOL }(

Hi Ladies,

I've been relaxing this morning, reading the paper and clipping coupons. I also made my grocery list and did 2 loads of laundry. I'm getting ready to do GS legs and a cardio w/o, not sure which one though. I want to do a rotation using GS w/o's this week. I still need to sit down with my workout calendar and write it down.

Wendy-hope your neck pain goes away soon. It sounds like you were able to get both your workouts-great job.

Cathy-glad you're feeling better. I tried the SS and was completely bored. I could maybe stand it for 30 minutes, but am not willing to spend my money on those workouts. I've heard that they yield great results, but they are not the workouts for me.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Diana

Hello girls

Back from my very naughty weekend. My muscles should definitely all be recovered! I had 3 rest days.:eek: :7 My eating and drinking was also extrememly horrible. The scale was nice to me before I left, but I think next Friday will be a different story! I have a lot of work cut out for me this upcoming week and I haven't even figured out what I'm gonna do yet. I'm sure it will be another week of Tony since I was able to lose last week too, but it's starting to feel a lot like the 90 day rotation.:-( Oh well, I guess if you're gonna play, ya gotta pay.

Ohhhhh Catherine! GREAT NEWS!!! I'm sooooo excited! I was really hoping Tony would come up with another P90X rotation. This sounds great.

I also got Cathe's catalog in the mail today. I haven't even had a chance to open it yet. I also just caught a glimpse of legs & glutes on FitTV tonight and it looks tough! I'm gonna have to try this one. But then, there's also Cathe's new stuff coming out too...... Oh, my achin credit card.x(

OK - I've got a ton of cleaning up and unpacking to do after all the weekend festivities.:D It's gonna be a long night. I'll be back tomorrow night for personals.

Have a great evening all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.