P90X grads, starters, & Nancy -- oh my! Saturday

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies~

Guess I'll get us started today. I am under the weather and hoping I can get in to see the doc at some point. They are usually good about squeezing me in.

Diana :: didn’t sound whiny to me at all about enjoying the rare time alone w/ DH…Yesterday was a planned rest day for me as I had happy hour plans, so that’s how my rough week ended. Instead of soaking in the bath, I dipped in the cold drink. }( It was a good time, BUT by the time I got home around 9 pm, I had a wicked sore throat and earache. I'm definitely not in my happy place right now... No, not THAT squeeze workout! *HA* (And I am not married, BTW.) -- I was referring to the one by Tracy Effinger – I think it’s relatively new -- it’s mostly yoga, pilates, and ballet-inspired, but I love the exercises. They’re unique and work into the muscles differently than what I’m used to doing.

Wendy :: I can see your point about appreciating different intensities…I am getting a little weary of lifting heavy all the time and am REALLY looking forward to starting an endurance rotation in a few weeks.

Angie :: great news at the scale & with the new pants…rock on!!

Hi to Nancy & Laura. Hope the stress has lifted!! Have a great weekend, everybody!

Today was supposed to be legs, abs, and a run...not likely to happen on account of this miserabl bug, but I’m gonna try to do SOMETHING today. Will play by ear.

~Cathy :)

Hi Cathy -

It's a quiet morning here. Maybe everyone is out enjoying this beautiful weather!!!!

Yes, the stress has lifted. Yesterday was a much better day at work and the humidity as lifted too. I can't stand being dressed up and sweating!!! The kids were miserable at school too and they were making me miserable, lol.

I keep wanting to buy "Squeeze" but I just don't want another workout that collects dust. Do you think you'll use it much? Will you use it between weight workouts or will it take the place of weight workouts?

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Nancy :) :(

Good Morning:)

Ahhhhh - slept in until 9:15 to total quiet. DH must've took the kids to grandmas.:) Just me and the beagle. I'm just sittin here watchin the yellow finches and maybe a blue finch? I donno - looks like a finch but it's blue - very pretty. Just another day in paradise.:)

I feel a little guilty having things just fall into place this week when everyone else has had such a rotton week.:-( Oh I've had my share of those.:-( }( Hope everything goes much better for the fresh new week. I'm in another good mood today - riding the good news from yesterday and also the mail lady dropped of my new cardio coach CD's this morning!! Now I just wish I had an ipod or a TM. :( I think I'll get on the stationary bike in the basement and try one of these out today. I hate riding the bike b/c it is so boring, but I'm sure Sean will pep things up - think I'm gonna give it a shot. My legs will be killing me I'm sure. He even wrote a hand written note on the CD "Hi Angela, see you in the workout! Sean O" OK - not overly personal but neat anyways. Did CoreSyn yesterday for the first time in quite a while. I forgot how much of a shoulder burner that one is.}( I didn't get to it until 9pm.:( DH got home and we went in the woods again - the season is almost over.:-( We'll be out there again this weekend and that will probably be the end of it for this year.

Hi Cathy - Glad you found a new workout that you like - is the Squeeze a series of workouts or just a single w/o? How much more of the X do you have?
Dontcha just hate gettin the sickies? Hope it's nothing that's gonna hang on. Sending healing vibes/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oh no.....the family just arrived.:eek: Hope those workout plans don't go out the window.:(

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

BBL

Angie

Back again…doc says I’ve got a throat infection and has prescribed penicillin. I’m gonna nap in a bit and then see if I can do a light workout of some kind.

Nancy :: I hear you – and don’t blame you -- I have been on a spending TEAR with workouts/gear lately – and luckily most have been hits… I do think I will be using Squeeze frequently (I like it A LOT!) but probably more so when I finish the X…I guess your school doesn’t have AC? My old school did not have it, either, and I know just what you mean…luckily, I’m in a new district where all the schools do have air. It is hard to learn -- and teach -- when you’re in a stifling hot classroom. It sucks the life right out of you.

Angie :: no reason to feel guilty for having a great week!…Wow, that was a late workout last night…If I don’t start before 8, I usually won’t work out b/c I’ll be up all night…Squeeze is just a single workout DVD…I have two more weeks of the X.

~Cathy :)

Hi Ladies,

Another busy day here. DS had football this morning from 10-12. I also made a toll house pie this morning for tonight's dessert. We had my parents over for dinner for Mother's Day. DH grilled chicken and ribeye's, and we had a fresh spinach salad, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, fresh mixed fruit salad, twice baked potatoes & sweet potatoes. I did good with the chicken, salad, fruit and half a sweet potato. Not so good with the slice of toll house pie. I sent the leftover pie home with my parents so I wouldn't be tempted.

Workouts-I did get in GS Legs, BBC Butt & Legs Cardio only (it's only 20 minutes-but not easy) and tonight I did all 3 segments of coremax. I'm feeling flabby and think it may be time for to go back to heavier weight training. I am enjoying the May rotation, but think heavier weight work is needed.

Cathy-hope you feel better soon. I'm going to look online for the squeeze workout and see if it is something I might be interested in.

Nancy-no A/C, that's awful. My son's elementary will be getting A/C this summer. Too bad he's off to middle school, hopefully that scholl has A/C.

Angie-I love peaceful days like you described. I know they don't come around very often so I hope you had a great day.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.