P90X Grads/Starters and Nancy! Monday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Mornin' folks!

I completed my work out last night with 40 mins of Xflowsion style yoga. Interesting work out. It's not something to be done when you want a traditional style yoga work out but if you want to mix it up a bit and have some fun, DEFINATELY the way to go. I skipped alot of the dancey and martial arts stuff cause i just wanted the yoga. I should have done another vid last night and saved this for another time but curiousity killed the cat!}( LOL! One day I am going to do it as my work out for the day and really get into it!:+

Today is leg day (my choice of torture tapes!) and my running class later.

My neck is still bothering me. ACK! x(

Angie: Glad you had fun on your camping trip! Did you get alot of unpacking accomplished last night? Don't worry about the scale. It'll straighten itself out as long you do the "right thing" this week!;)

Have a great day!

Good morning!!

Before you think I abandoned my girlfriends I thought I'd post early today.

This weekend was my SIL's wedding weekend, as she called it. Events galore. Food and drink flying around all weekend. The wedding was yesterday so I'm truly exhausted this morning. Really nice, though. Lots of money........

I did fit in an upper body on Saturday and an abbreviated lower on Sunday. At least it was something. Back to clean eating for me today!! All in all I made good choices but you know how restaurant/catering food can be. I'm sure even the salmon I ate was grilled in a ton of grease, etc. I did the best I could and I'll move on.

Okay, have a great day!!!!! I hope your neck feels better soon Wendy and a BIG HELLO to everybody who follows!!!!

Nancy :) :)

Good Morning Ladies,

Well I didn't do any cardio yesterday, just GS Legs and Coremax 3. This morning I did GS BSB and will get my cardio in at the gym at lunch. Work has become very hectic so I'm just going to have to wing my workouts this week. I should still be able to workout everyday though. I feel so much better when I have a plan to follow.

Angie-sounds like you had a great time camping. It's so much work before and after though isn't it.

Wendy-Let us know what leg torture workout you do today. What's the running workout today-hills, tempo, sprints, long run????

Nancy-You've got the right attitude-"I did the best I could and I'll move on." Don't forget you also worked out both days, abbrev. or not they still count:)

BBL

Diana

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I just finished my work out. I decided to give B&G Standing Glutes and Abs Timesave premix a shot since I had never done it before and wanted to include abs in my work out anyway. Great work out. Not as intense as the Leg Blast Premix IMO but still awesome!}( I added in sets of reverse grip chin ups between exercises and ended up doing 14 in all. I am getting better and better at them every time! I'm happy. :)

Tonight's running class is a 1 mile time trial. Whatever that means! LOL They will explain it further at class I am sure. With the warm up and cool down runs it will be about a 3 mile run for me tonight.

I received the P90 Master series today. So far I did a quick preview of Sculpt 5-6 and UML. I like the looks of both. :)

I took DS to the park this morning by myself for the first time. The first 2 times we went, DH was with me. I was afraid to take him by myself until he was more sure of himself on the jungle gym. Well I figured I'd give it a shot since he did really well last time. It almost broke my heart to watch him run around like a "big kid" and play w/o needing mommy to help him every step of the way. ;( At the same time though, I was so proud of him! :) The jungle gym was wet though and I didn't realize it so his pants were soaked by the time we left. Oh well...it was warm enough outside...he didn't seem to care and he lived! LOL :p

Nancy, I agree with Diana on the attitude about the eating this past weekend! Great job! :) Those times are what keep it real and keep us human and sane IMO!

Diana, I'm sure you'll do just fine "winging" it this week. No worries. Once work calms back down you can get back on your schedule. Good job on GS and CM! That's nothing to laugh about. TOUGH work outs!

Hi everyone!

Well since I feel like I totally dropped the ball these last few days, today was time to get serious. I'll be in my calorie range for the day with lots of fruits and veges and I also did the X C&B with ARX. I thought Tony was gonna kill me.}( I'm so excited to know what he has up his sleeve for the next workouts. The party went really well and mom and dad were surprised. It was a lot of fun but I'm so glad it's over! Now I can catch up on things I have to do around here.

Nancy - I'm kinda jealous of you girl! You had a party weekend too and it sounds like you did very well. Sounds like your eats and exercise was still pretty much on track. Way to go!! I did nothing for exercise and my eats included brownies, rice krispy treats, cocktail weenies, meatballs, bud light, etc. etc. etc...... I did try to get my sis to go for a walk with me but she complained that her hips hurt.:(

Hey Wendy - Yup we pretty much got everything cleaned up except for vacuuming and the laundry. I told the boys if they wanted to go again, they would need to help clean up, so they reluctantly helped. We might do it again this weekend, so I'll get out there tomorrow and finish cleaning and then probably start re-paking. DH and I didn't sleep very well in it.:( Those RV matresses sure aren't designed for comfort. Plus, we're used to a king and the RV has a Queen so we felt cramped up. I think I'm gonna get one of those foam matress covers and see if that makes the bed more comfy.
Speaking of sleeping, did you sleep on your neck wrong? I hope it gets feeling better for you.
You are doing FOURTEEN unassisted pullups????? OMG - you are my idol!:7 You go!!!!!!!

Diana - You'd think the whole camping experience would be jam packed with fun but geez - it's a lot of work!
With all the workouts you have been doing lately, even if you slow up a bit for this week, I'm sure you'll be just fine. Congrats on the weight loss for last week!;) Hope your week isn't too stressful. At least you get a 3 day weekend to look forward to right?

So, did I miss something? Where'd Laura go?
Maybe Cathy will post later.

Chat with you all tomorrow & have a great evening!;-)

Angie

Running class tonight was approximately a 1 mile warm up run, 1 mile race pace and 1 mile cool down so we did about 3 miles tonight. I love running after a leg work out. Helps to work out the "kinks"! }(

Tomorrow is Tear It Up. Bring on the boredom baby!:p I think it has ab work in it which I will skip since I just did mega abs today. I won't mind skipping a little of that work out. It's the longest one in the series at almost 80 minutes!:eek:

Angie, So you are unpacking, washing, cleaning and then repacking to go again this weekend? LOL Have a great time!:) I'm sure your kids run a-muck while you are camping but what do you and DH like to do when you go? The 14 chin ups are not as impressive as you may think. That was divided into several sets between lower body work AND it's not a TONY HORTON chin up by any means! It's my version of unassisted which means not neccessarily starting or ending each rep in a straight arm position. I use my high step to give me a boost so that I can maintain a bent arm where I need to. I DO, however, get my feet completely off the step and do a full chin-up at the top. Compared to what I could do pre-X I am THRILLED!:+ So is my back...the definition I have gained from doing these is UNDENIABLE!!! It's too bad I haven't been able to capture it in a picture!x(

Hey Wendy

Tear It Up? An Xflosion workout? If so, it doesn't sound like you're too thrilled about it.:eek:

Actually we haven't really been on a "real" camping trip yet. We camped this weekend at my sisters house, which is a 2 hour drive. The kids spent most of their time with their cousins in front of the X-box in the house.x( We spent our time setting up for the party, then cleaning up after the party. Yup - this camping thing sure is fun! LOL! We might go up to FIL's cabin this weekend with the trailer and go fishing. Walleye season just opened up there. He's gonna call us first and let us know if the fish are in the bay yet. We don't really don't want to go if the fish aren't there b/c there's not much to do and it's mosquito heaven up there.;( I hate mosquitos!! So, I'm kinda hoping the fish aren't biting.:D Our first real outing will be in June when we go to MIS in Michigan for the Nascar race. That'll be fun and will be close to "real" camping. Later in the summer we'll go to an actual state park - what a concept. We have some pretty great one's close by so we'll probably stay pretty close to home, which is not a bad thing considering gas prices.

I'm still in awe of your pull ups. And your pics are incredible! You should be proud of yourself.:) Are you as excited about the new X series as I am?:7 I hope it comes out quickly and I hope it's as spectacular as the X.:)

Good night everyone

Angie

Hi ladies-
Sorry I have been hit or miss w/ posting. I really have a hard time following two check-in threads!

Nancy :: good job getting in some workouts and making good choices over the wedding weekend. I agree w/ the others that you have the right attitude - that's life - you can't be good all the time! What fun would that be?

Diana :: hope work calms down for you!

Angie :: glad everybody had fun camping! I'm pumped about the new X workouts, too. I wonder when they will be released. Does anyone know?

Wendy :: sounds like Joey had a great time at the park, wet pants and all!

This is my last week of the X. I blew off yoga yesterday but will get to it today.

Have a great day, everyone!

~Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.