P90X grads and Nancy - Tuesday

Poochy

Cathlete
Morning Ladies ..

let me just say .. I did try to make up for being bad this past weekend .. OMG .. I am SO FREAKING sore it is ridiculous! tried to cram 3 days worth of workouts into one .. LOL~! Shoulders, lats, back, sides, and abs are the worst!! YIKES!:eek:

Today had planned on BBC arms .> HA .. don't think so .. just going to do my one class .. cardio step and lower body circuit!! LOL

Diana . . OMG girl .. can not believe you did all of what you did yesterday .. your legs should be dead!!! I thought I worked heavy legs .. you put mine to shame! how was bootcamp .. did you make that??

Wendy .. don't make me purchase ANOTHER workout .. Xflowsion ??? aahhhhh .. may have to look into it!!

Angie . welcome back .. sounds like you had a great time. And I was right there w/you on the beers and the blowing of anything remotely nutritious ... mine was parmesian oysters and steak .. and a lot of crappy junk snacks on the boat!!! I think I killed myself yesterday trying to make up for it!!

Cathe - almost to the end huh? CONGRATS ... come on summer!!:D

Nancy .. I don't even compare to Diana and Wendy on the multiple workouts ... I do try to do weights at lunch . . then cardio and light weights in class (or yoga type workouts) .. hey .. and B&G is nothing to sneer at .. YIKES .. that is a KILLER!!! You are doing just fine!! going to try the potato omellette out on DH this weekend .. he will be impressed!!:D

OK .. will BBL to check in w/you Ladies .. have a great day .. hey .. we actually have a good chance 80% of getting rain today .. I am excited!!!:7

Hey ladies!

I posted late last night. Please read it so I don't feel like I was talking to the wall!:p :7

I have ISculpt Ballet #1 and a TM run on tap for today.

So what's up with everyone?

Laura: XFlowsion is quite different from the usual power yoga routine. It combines martial arts, dance and yoga. Lots of movin' and shakin' goin' on amidst and even during the yoga sections! The instructor is a hottie, btw!}(

Hi ladies,

I slept in this morning and it was wonderful! I didn't eat anything after bootcamp last night and was hungry when I got up. I had a sweet potato (left over from bbq) and egg whites w/peppers.

I am really lovin' this bootcamp class. We did tons of walking lunges, pushups, shuffles, sprints, dips, curb jump squats, walking lunges uphill, running, then we finished with ab work and stretching. I'm going to sign up for the July session too.}(

Today is Chest & Triceps day and since I'm not going to the gym, I've decided to S&H Chest & Triceps. I should do a cardio workout too but I haven't decided which one, maybe MIC.

Laura-you just don't miss a beat do ya:) Right back on track after your fishing excursion. I have very strong legs. One time a guy at the gym said to me "you must be biker, you have awesome quads". I was a little embarassed but took it as a compliment. The downside is I have to buy pants 1 to 2 sizes bigger to fit my thighs. It's a hereditary-all the females in my family struggle with the exagerated pear shape. If I could just lose the fat I'd be good.

Wendy-I read your post-you weren't talking to a wall:) Thanks to you I am looking into Xflowsion. You know I struggle with straight yoga, but this sounds like something I might enjoy. Thanks for trying all the new workouts so we get inside information before we buy!

Cathy-How was your graduation ceremony? I hope it was wonderful.

Nancy-B&G is a toughie-great job!! I'm trying to go cardio 5-6 days and weights 4 days per week. I've been doing 2 workouts a day for several years now. I don't always do 2, but it's an option for me. I work next to a gym that my company pays my membership for (except for taxes), so I try to take advantage of that at lunch if my work schedule allows. Before bootcamp, I worked out in the morning before work.

Angie-It sounds like you had a great time at the races. Your comment about the velveeta, spicy JD sausage on cocktail bread cracked me up. I wouldn't recommend eating that very often though.

Have a great day everyone,

Diana

Hey girlies!!!!

My butt is talking to me today. I love B & G. I don't know what I'm doing today though. I have it give it some thought. I really want to follow a rotation (or I think I should) but I think I have exercise ADD.

Laura - You're going to love the potato & egg. Don't forget to buy some crusty bread to go with it. You can use egg whites (which is how I make mine) and it makes it so much less fattening. AND, you make not workout like some of these girls, but one of your classes probably makes up for it, lol!!!!!

Wendy - I still haven't ordered from itrain. I plan on it though. Knowing me, the codes I have probably won't be good by then. I should at least try some free, don't cha think? I'm thinking the iballet and an isculpt. Agree? I agree with Diana. Thanks for trying all the workouts. It's great hearing your reviews!

Diana - Cardio 5-6 days a week? I'm lucky to get one or two. I guess it works for me although I'd love to lose about 7 lbs. and doing more cardio just might work. I just wish I could bring myself to do it. Give me a weight workout and I'm there. However, I think of a million excuses to not do a cardio.

Okay, going to lunch. Have a good one!!!!!

Nancy

Diana and Nancy: LOL, oh great so I'm the guinea pig of the group, huh? :p :7

I'm off to do my ISculpt! Wish me luck that I will be able to run later! }(

BBS!:)

IT's RAINING!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

I have not heard rain in soooooooo long .. I missed the couple of showers at home ... and the one we had here I was getting blessed out by a customer so missed it too! But I hear it .. smell it .. it is coming down!! Thank you!!!

Wendy .. checked out XFlowsion .. OMG .. YUP .. gonna have to order it .. looks like something totally different and that is what I am about here lately (and the instructor is TOTALLY HOT) .. SIL is gonna kill you .. LOL!!!

OK .. I am going to listen and smell the rain while it is here!!!:7

Laura: So are you going to do the subscription for XFlowsion as well? I opted out of that though in the future I would hope to just be able to purchase the other work outs separately with out having to "subscribe" to it or anything.

I just finished my first ISculpt Ballet. On first impression, it's not for me BUT I DID feel it so I will probably give it another chance. I may not use it much if at all during my strength rotation that is coming up but during my endurance rotations I will put it in. I am hoping for some DOMS tomorrow. Then I know it'll be worth it even though it didn't "click" for me. }(

Can't wait to get to the gym and run out the "kinks" now!:)

Oh yes and I ordered a product called "PB2" which is talked about in O/D now and again. Lots of folks rave about it. It's powdered peanutbutter. They press it to take most of the fat out. You mix it with water to use it. It's great for those of us with a pb addiction! I have been buying natural p/b for a long time now and LOVE it but it's sooo fattening that I have to watch how much I eat. Well with this I can eat more and not feel guilty or be worried! }( Anyway...I got it this afternoon and just tried some. It tastes pretty good plain but the regular natural p/b is definately tastier and creamier because of all of that yummy oil in it! LOL I used it in my protein shake though and it did the job!:9 Overall I am satisfied and hope it can permanently take the place of the natural p/b I normally buy at the food store. }(

BBL!:D

Wendy .. I don't think I will subscribe to it .. I have had some horror stories about subscribing and auto renewals ..

but it does look very interesting .. love the idea of combining yoga and martial arts .. which is what I do in my classes .. but I don't combine them "together" ... I do the kickboxing .. then do the yoga .. fusing them together sounds very interesting and fun!!

on the dance part of it .. do you feel like a dork doing it??? I mean is is "doable" .. LOL .. I love to dance but don't like to dance in a class format ..

the AB video sounds the best to me .. how do you like it????

.. and PB .. OMG .. can not do the natural PB .. give me good ole JIFF .. yeah .. fat and all!! LOL .. my cousin from LA is into "raw food diet" .. (www.rawfooddude.com) ..and he brought some natural PB when he visisted .. I tried it .. but it was NOT for me .. at all!! but if you like it .. go for it . .:7

Hey, ladies—

It feels so good to sit here and just mentally decompress. I have ONE more box to pack and then I will be ready for room checkout tomorrow. Whew! It’s not easy to get all that done when you have 100 wired teenagers yipping at your heels. I love them dearly, but it is easier to get the room packed without them! I’ve been throwing so much away, and somehow I still have boxes and boxes of *stuff*! My tank is definitely on E…I thought I would go for a late evening run (it’s dangerously humid out there now), but I am contemplating taking the night off. You’re hearing that a lot lately from me, but I am truly tuckered AGAIN. After tomorrow, though, my schedule frees up a great deal and I can ratchet up the intensity.

Laura :: enjoy tonight’s workout, you beast you!…Yep, almost done ~ tomorrow’s it….enjoy the rain…I’m not fond of the natural PB taste, either…but I wonder if it could be an acquired taste. I remember being disgusted by non-fat milk, but the taste grew on me eventually.

Wendy :: fret not, I read all the posts as well!…sorry to hear iSculpt gets only lukewarm reviews…sounds like you are getting your money’s worth with XF, though!

Diana :: the bootcamp class sounds terrific (and tough!)…is that once a week?…the ceremony went off without a hitch, and the weather was beautiful…My M.S. will be in Curriculum and Instruction.

Nancy :: hey, B&G is a tough workout – I am always dripping at the end of it, and usually I don’t do anything else in addition…I think the key to happiness when it comes to working out is to keep pushing yourself and not worry about what everyone one else does. I love to work out – but there are only so many hours in a day!

Angie :: welcome back! Glad you enjoyed yourselves. No, no results yet. It could take up to 2 weeks. I am anxious to find out!!…hope you got a good night’s sleep. It’s funny how sometimes you need time to recover from a vacation!

Cathy :)

>on the dance part of it .. do you feel like a dork doing it???
>I mean is is "doable" .. LOL .. I love to dance but don't like
>to dance in a class format ..

The dance is very free-form but the music is funky so for me it took some getting used to. At first I felt dumb as I am not a good dancer to begin with but I am starting to loosen up a bit and I am enjoying it more and more!

>the AB video sounds the best to me .. how do you like it????

I love the Ab routine. It's fantastic. It also has 2 very short premixes on it that are great in a pinch too.

There are several premixes through out the work outs. You really do get a good bang for your buck on this set! :)

Cathy, I am glad you are just about done cleaning out and packing up. So when do you start the process of UNpacking...or shouldn't I ask? :p LOL

I ended up doing kickbox this evening for my cardio due to unforseen circumstances. I was going to run later in the week but with race day on Sunday I will probably not run at all until then. I just ran on Sunday though so it's okay with me. I will probably take my spin class and use the elliptical this week instead.

So I did the last premix of KPC. What fun! I forgot how enjoyable that work out is!:)

Well, have a great night everyone!:)

Hi girls

Today was my Monday.}( I had such a hard time getting my butt out of bed! I snoozed for an hour and a half.:D Once I finally got to work, I had a desk full of stuff. Oy! I didn't get to the bottom of the pile but there's always tomorrow. I got home late but I had a quick snack and went and did CST & ARX. The sunburn on my back is hurting and itching at the same time. It sure made ARX challenging. Owwwwie! But I did it anyways.....made the abs not burn so much b/c I was more intent on the pain going on in my back.}( But, I'm back in the swing of things.....

Laura - I didn't even attempt to make up for the weekend. Not saying that the guilt isn't there, but I got home so late that I wouldn't have had time to do more than I had planned. Usually an hour workout a day is all I do anyways. Besides, it would have taken me all day to make up for all the damage I did. I don't think the scale is gonna like me this Friday.
The smell of fresh rain is wonderful. I hope it cools things down for you as well. It's supposed to drop to the 40's here tonight. Great sleeping weather.

Diana - I'm so jealous of your sleep in. Can't wait for Thursday when I plan on doing the same, but I'm sure the boys will have other ideas.
Your bootcamp workouts sounds amazing! I wish they offered something like that around here.
The cocktail bread snacks are actually DH's crutch. I'm not that fond of spicy food and these do have some snap. I baked them but I didn't eat very many - thankfully.
So isn't tomorrow the big day? If so, I hope you have a good send off and hope your heart doesn't sink too badly. We're here for ya if you start feelin sad. :-(

Wendy - Thank you for being our guinea pig!!! If it wasn't for you, I would never have bought BBC and I am very glad I did. For the $$ it sure is a good package of workouts. I wondered how xflowsion was going for you. At first, I got the impression that you weren't too thrilled with them, but I'm glad they're growing on you. I may have to try these out myself. There's also the squeeze that Nancy has me looking into as well. Then of coarse, the new X workouts coming out and the new Cathe stuff.........what's a girl to do???
By the way, I looked at your pics last night and they look great. Nope, you sure haven't lost your muscle since doing the X! Very impressive indeed.

Nancy - I remembered doing B&G the last time and I definitely called Cathe some bad names.}( The floor work is killer! It's been weeks since I've even looked at that one.
Exercise ADD - LMAO!! That's hilarious! Actually, I have the opposite problem - I get hooked on a plan and then get stuck in a rut.
Are you still getting good DOMS with the squeeze?

Cathy - Just give it a few more days, and your energy tank will get back to full. Just look at all you have accomplished in the last week. You should be so very proud of yourself.
You are right about recovering from vacation. Now I have a ton of cleanmax to do along with catching up on everything that has gone on the last couple of days and I'm slowly starting to regain some energy myself. It's all been worth it though - I would do it again in a heartbeat....or again in August anyways. ;-)

Tomorrow is back to work and then PlyoX when I get home.:eek: Wish me luck.

Be back tomorrow

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.