P90X Grads and Nancy Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Ladies.

Well I lucked out as we didn't stay through the entire grad ceremony last night. The gym was hot and I was quite unhappy until DH suggested we leave and go back to SIL's house early since Joey didn't want to sit through it either!:) Needless to say I jumped all over that suggestion!!!!;)

So I have spin class and park visit on tap for today. I thought about going over to check out spin shoes after class but it's supposed to be pleasant out today so I'd like to see Joey play for a while instead. Later on it's off to my mom's for a visit. I should check out stores in her area...she'd probably let me leave Joey w/her for a while before dinner if I wanted to go shopping! }(

Sorry I never got back for personals yesterday. We didn't get home until 9-9:30 and everyone basically headed for bed when we did. LOL I had regular coffee at about 8 pm last night yet I slept through the night. The other day I was drinking decaf and was up for 2 hours...GO FIGURE!x(

Cathy: Glad to hear you don't have to unpack for a couple of months. So when do you start your summer job? What are you doing again? Excuse my lame brain...I'd forget my head if it weren't attached, I swear!:p

Nancy: Sorry you missed y'day's work out. What's on tap for today?

Laura: Didn't you just do dogbathmax a couple of weeks ago?? Do your dogs roll around in poop or something!? LOLOL Thanks re my pics. Yeah, I think I look a little more defined in the u/b and core too. I'm sooo happy!:+

Angie: I'm a SAHM so getting my work outs in early isn't really being "good". It's just that I have the time...Those of you who work f/t and have families are the ones to be commended for getting in your work outs WHENEVER you do them! When the day comes that I am back to work f/t I don't know what I'm gonna do! Well, cry maybe but aside from that! LOL :p

Okay, gotta get moving now....BBL!:7

Hi ladies—

Enjoyed a 3+ mile run this morning. I love being out there when half the world is still in neutral (which is not normally possible with my teaching schedule.) It was slow-going but strong – and the weather is absolutely gorgeous! Ahhh, summer has officially begun!

Nancy :: thanks – sunflowers (and tulips) are my favorite flowers…I live in South Jersey, about 15 minutes outside of Philly. SWEET getting the AC installed. Enjoy!

Laura :: hope all went well with doggy-bath max…that sounds like it could be a workout in and of itself.

Angie :: I’ve never heard of albolene…good job w/ PlyoX…hope you were able to sleep in today.

Diana :: how’d it go with DS’s sendoff? Are *you* OK today??

Wendy :: glad you didn’t have to suffer through the entire graduation…they can be BRUTAL when held indoors as so many gyms are not air-conditioned…I am working two curriculum committees – one starts next week and runs the whole week – 8 am – 4 pm. The other is only two days long – it’ll be two days in August. Then I’m also tutoring a student for about 5-6 weekly sessions starting in mid-July. When not doing paid work, I will be getting organized and prepped for next school year. I really need to get some of my files organized and want to make several changes to my reading/writing program…I’m also taking 4 days of classes in July. (I’m going to begin pursuing National Board Certification, which is this really rigorous process to make you a more effective teacher – only 130 or so teachers in our state have earned it - and these are support/preparation courses.) So, I’ll be busy but not crazy-busy. There will certainly be room to relax!

OK, time to shower and do some shopping. Let me just crank up the Alice Cooper: "School's Out!!!!"
Cathy :)

Morning Ladies ..

checking in early .. thinking today is going to be ever so busy .. boss is out and we have one girl out .. and we are doing major collections today .. so yeah Angie might have jinxed myself w/the comment about it being eerily calm here ..

Wendy .. yeah .. I just did doggiebathmax last week .. they get a bath EVERY week .. they have allergies .. and they are house dogs .. so when they start smelling and itching time for a bath . . they have special expensive shampoo I use on them .. but it makes them feel and smell so good ..

Angie - we use Frontline .. but for some reason it has stopped working .. our vet said he has been getting lots of complaints around here too b/c it seems the dang fleas are becoming immune to it .. x( .. it has worked fine on our dogs for 10 some years . . but all of a sudden it is not working .. now it could just be in our area .. we have had NO RAIN and the grass is dying and it is dry so I am sure the fleas are overpopulating!!! I thought about trying K-9 Advantix .. have you heard anything about that product??

Diana - hope if yesterday was the day the DS left .. hope all went well .. and Mom is coping ok!!

Cathe - when is the VERY last day so we can all celebrate!!

Nancy - hope you are enjoying your A/c in the office .. you get off for summer too right? When is your last day ... man how I would love to have the summer off .. LOL

OK ... heavy gym legs on tap for lunch .. then Core Torture class on tap for tonight ....

The doggie bathmax workout went into overdrive .. the big one Buster .. bathed him first .. (it takes about 20 min to bath him - he does not lather?) .. then as I was bathing the female .. Buster found the one dry dirt spot in the yard and proceeded to roll in it and came out looking like a mudpie .. after severe scolding and him running around obviously laughing b/c I could not leave the female .. I had to chase him around and RE-bath him .. I swear the dog did it on purpose .. he thought it was hillarious until he had to go thru it a second time .. after the second bath sugar could not have melted off of him .. he sucked up bad!! MEN!!! LOL

ok .. better run .. have a great day .. and great workouts .. will BBL to check back!:7

Laura :: hope things don't get too crazy for you today...good for you keeping a sense of humor about the BathMax fiasco! :)...the last day was yesterday.

~Cathy :)

<<...the last day was yesterday >>>

WOOOO HOOOOOO ... :) :) :D

time to celebrate .. may have to have a cool adult beverage after class in your honor!;-)

Good morning (although barely) X'rs

Ahhhhhhhh - slept in until 10:30, although didn't go to bed until almost 1 am. I'm a night owl and since I was up very late on vacation, I guess I'm not back in my regular schedule yet. If it was completely up to me I'd probably go to bed at 3am every morning and sleep until lunch time.:eek:

I have a ton of laundry to do today but the weather is so beautiful in the low 70's. I may have to take the boys biking or to the track or something. If I did that, I would take Diana's bootcamp exercises and go to town. }( I think I have S&A on tap for today, but as you can see that is subject to change.

Wendy - who graduated? Too bad they don't do outside graduations, although that could be pretty hot too.
If your weather is like ours, you should have a beautiful day at the park with Joey. Have fun!:D Ohhhhh, and possible shopmax too?? Not a bad way to spend the day.
And, I don't care whether you are a SAHM or not, you are still my idol.:) LOL! I know lots of SAHM who barely manage to get off the couch and run a vacuum cleaner. Then again there are lots of SAHM who barely get a chance to sit down all day and can't/don't fit in exercise, so you really are amazing to me no matter what you do for a living.

Cathy - Albolene is kind of hard to find. It used to be that we could only find it at drug stores like RiteAid or Walgreens. The last time I bought it was at Meijer's. I'm sure now you could probably find it on the net. The stuff is just awesome. It's about $8 for a jar about the size of a coffee mug, at least it was the last time I bought it. It's been awhile, b/c the last time I bought it I got 2 jars and I only use it for sunburns, so I have plenty to last a while.
I absolutely love your enthusiasm for teaching. I wish you were one of my boys' teachers. Most of them here are pretty good but you can certainly spot the one's who really NEED to retire! My youngest son had one of those last year.}( If you don't mind, can I ask how old you are? I see you don't have any pics posted and I'm just trying to put a face with the name. I need to post pics and an avatar, but I didn't really know how to do that. There was a recent post in open forum that walks me thru it, now I just have to fire up my PC in the basement that holds my pics and get to it.

Laura - You'd be lost if work wasn't crazy!}( LOL!
There was also a post a while ago about the dog flea potions out there and it seems like most people loved the Frontline. It was out there a month or two ago, but if you run a search using Frontline as the search word, you could probably find it.
You crack me up with the cold drinks. It would be so fun to get us all together for a little party.:9 ;-) It sure would be nice if Cathe had a bigger place for the road trip or could somehow make it so more people could go.:-(

Diana - missing you.:(

Nancy - I can picture you sitting at you desk just taking in the cold air.:) I'll bet it was nice walking thru the door today.

I better go get something accomplished

BBL

Angie

Hey girls!!!

Yup, nice and cool in here today!!! The weather outside is so nice too.

Four more days and counting!!!! Our last day is Wednesday. YAY FOR SUMMER!!!! School is out until the day after Labor day but they usually bring us back the week before in in-service stuff.

Laura - you had me hysterical with your bathmax story. I wish I could have been watching..........

Cathy - My DD went to school down in Princeton - she graduated two years ago. So I guess I've spent many hours down in your neck of the woods. I love it down there. (Occasionally we would go into Philly and grab a cheesesteak - you know, that filthy looking place with the most delicious cheesesteaks on the planet, lol)

Wendy - I wound up doing Chest and Tris yesterday and don't know what's on tap for today. We're having our end of year party tonight at 7 so...I don't know. I doubt I'll get it in. I also have a manicure/pedicure right after work and THAT I have to get in - it's at the point of embarrassment.

Okay, the kids are lining up. They're out in the schoolyard now for recess, arrgghhh....my raindance didn't work, lol. x(

Nancy :) :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm here finally. Thanks for all your kind words. DH and I took Jerod to the airport yesterday. Maybe tonight I'll add a picture of DH & DS to my picture trail. I found out this morning via email that his flight from Atlanta to London was delayed for 6 hours. They actually sat on the plane for 2 hours and then deplaned. There was a mechanical problem with the plane. I checked the Delta website before I came in to work and saw that the flight had completed. They arrived in London at 3:45pm.

On Tuesday I did S&H Chest & Triceps and I took yesterday as an unplanned rest day. I should've done a long cardio but spent the day with DH instead:) Jerod is definitely a Daddy's boy so I will get to spend more alone time with DH in Jerod's absence.

The temperatures here are in the high 90's ugh! I couldn't live without AC. Today is Back and Hamstrings at the rec ctr and bootcamp class tonight. I'm signing up to take bootcamp in July also!

Wendy-enjoy your time at the park with Joey. You know, SAHM's have the most important job of all. You are fortunate to have this opportunity and don't feel bad about it, Joey needs you!

Cathy-It sounds like you had a great run this morning. I used to love running in the early mornings.

Nancy-Enjoy your AC!!!!

Laura-bathmax sounds like a fun workout:) I'll be joining you on heavy legs today.

Angie-I would love to sleep 'til 10:30. No worries, you still have plenty of time to get in your workout.

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

I'm baaack!:7

Spin class was tough as usual!}(

Cathy: Sounds like you have a good summer lined up for yourself. I can't wait to meet you on Sunday and then we'll have our little unofficial Road Trip to look forward to!!!:+

Laura: Oh jeez, bathing dogs every week! Bless your heart!!!

Angie: My DH's nephew graduated from 8th grade. He was thrilled. NOT! LOL You are very right about SAHM's. It takes all kinds. I admit that I will slack when it comes to housework and the like. I am not a clean/neat freak so I don't feel the need to be cleaning constantly. I do what I need to but generally don't go "that extra mile" unless company is coming. Having a small house and only 1 child tends to then leave me with lots of free time for which I can feel guilty considering the mom's who work f/t and do what I do and MORE!

Nancy: I haven't had a mani or pedi in ages! I plan to pamper myself before going on vacation though! Tomorrow eve I have a torture session appointment though. I am going to get my bikini line waxed!:eek:

Diana: I am glad that your son got to London safely. How are you handling his being away so far? I know being a SAHM is great and important and that I am lucky to be able to do it. It's what I wanted. I can't help but feel guilty though when I hear about all of the f/t working moms and all they have to do while I am home enjoying time with my son and having extra time to do for myself.

So I don't know if I posted it here or not but my practical exam for my p/t cert is being transferred to DVD this week! I now have to make corrections and re-type my essay questions. Once I have the dvd in my hot little hands and the essays are finished I can FINALLY send it off!:eek: :7

Laura :: haaaa, thanks ~ I think I will be cracking open a cold beverage a little bit later myself. Cheers! I’ll toss one down the hatch in honor of the asylum.

Angie :: thanks for the info on albolene…I am happy with my Nivea but will keep my eyes peeled, and if I happen to see it in the store, will definitely pick up a jar and give it a shot…thanks for the compliment!…There is definitely “dead wood” in the profession as well as some who never “get it” from day one…I am 33. This is my 6th year of teaching; before this, I worked in politics. I will try to post a picture here:
http://mylalclass.com/CFWinter2007.gif

That was taken Jan. or Feb. of this year.

Nancy :: Oh, OK, Princeton is a little bit more central than me… You mean Pat’s? Or Geno’s? Those are probably the two most famous spots. I like Jim’s on South but so many city people have migrated to South Jersey that we have some great spots for cheesesteaks right here.

Diana :: so glad Jerod arrived safely! Seems he’s been quickly initiated into the unpredictable, oft-delayed world of travel.

OK, heading back outside. I’m alternating between shade/sun and reading the summer novel my students are required to read as incoming freshmen. Our district is K-8, and believe it or not, there is little articulation with the HS English department, so one of the things I’m concentrating on this summer is trying to better align my program with what the HS does. I can’t believe how much work they have to do before school starts. The honors kids have to read two novels and write book reports on them AND read 10 essays and analyze five of them. Sheesh! When do these kids get to relax??? And so far, the first novel I’m reading SUCKS!

Cathe .. you're gorgeous!!:) It is nice to put a face w/the name!! and you look like a great teacher .... (yes .. that is a compliment) ..

YIKES .. reading 2 novels .. write reports . and read 10 essays .. DOUBLE YIKES!!! Poor kids!!

... it is crazy here .. so will raise a glass and clink a "cheers" to the first day of summer as soon as my hiney gets home !;-)

and all of you HAD to say Philly Cheesteak .. my SIL told me about a place here that had some AWESOME ones .. YESSSSSS .. I was bad and YESSSSSS it was the best one I have ever had ..

... uummmm .. that means extra plyos in Core Torture tonight~!!}(

Oh .. and Diana .. glad your DS arrived safely ..... :)

OMG Cathy - you are georgeous! It's nice to be able to put a face to the name.

Diana - So glad to hear Jarod got there alright! Hope you are doing well.

BBL for more personals b/c I'm kinda on the run right now but was dropping in to see if anyone could fill me in on a host site for pictures. Wendy - I know you use picutretrail.com. Is it super easy to use and do you have to pay for it? Anyone else have any experience with any others?? Just took some pics and might have the courage to post them if I can get this thing figured out. Let's just say I'm computer challenged.:D

Angie

Sorry for butting in Wendy.....Picture trail is very easy to use Angie. Another one is photobucket, which is also very easy to use. If you need help just ask and I'm sure one of us can help you out.

I thought I was doing fine but I've just realized I've bit off all my fingernails today-gross.

Diana

Hi again girls

Cracking up with my earlier post to Cahty - almost word for word what Laura posted.:) I was in a hurry and must've just skimmed over it and put it down. I didn't even realize it until now when I actually had time to read everything. LOL!

The X S&A with AR200 is in the bag. I didn't get out to go biking, just plain ran out of time. I was busy in the basement cleaning up and time got away from me. I'm just now putting snowmobile boots and gloves away. They have been in the basement for a while now, but now put where they belong.

Thanks for the reply on the pictures Diana. So, so you pay for either of those services and if so how much? I have kodak easy share so hopefully the transfer will be easy.

Oh no! No fingernails left?? LOL!:D Hopefully you'll get used to things soon. How long will Jarod be gone? Do you have your weekend to at least stretch out and relax or do you have to work?

Uh oh - laundry buzzer is calling me.

Angie

Angie :: thanks so much! You're too kind. Picturetrail and Photoshow are the only two I am familiar with. PictureTrail is free and is generally easy to use; I forget how much PhotoShow was to download. I don't recommend it. I bought it to make slideshows and just received an update today that I need to fork over more money to get an upgrade/continue premium service. The shows don't always work perfectly, so that one has run its course for me.

Diana :: (((HUGS))) so sorry that your nerves are getting the better of you. Have you heard anything yet other than that they arrived safely? Hope you manage to get a decent night's sleep tonight!

~Cathy :)

Angie,

Picture trail is simple to us IMO. You don't have to pay for it unless you want to keep lots of pics on there. Give it a shot and if you need help, I'll try to help you. It's pretty user friendly though. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.