P90X Grads and Nancy Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Xers!:+

Angie: To answer your question, yes I am retaining my muscle as far as I can tell. I am DEFINATELY retaining and maybe even *increasing* my definition! I intend to take pics this weekend since I will be finishing up my SS rotation and then I'll REALLY know but I am very happy when I look in the mirror.:D

So I have L&B and yoga on tap for today. I am excited to give L&B a shot after not having done it in a couple of months. I've been goin' hard on my legs since then though so HOPEFULLY it won't beat me up TOO bad! Since I have been doing pull ups as well I think I will fair ok with this work out. None-the-less...yoga is gonna feel GREAT tonight!}(

I am going to be downloading an ISculpt Ballet soon. I plan to give it a shot next week during my recovery time. There's no weight work involved in it so it will be okay to do at that point. I have no where really to put it this week anyway.

Alrighty, I'm off...BBL!:7

Good morning all

I have 20 min. to spare before I need to get started....:) My butt is definitely talking to me this morning from L&B yesterday. Just one more w/o today (B&B) and then rest day x 4. LOL! Actually we will be doing A LOT of walking so it's not like I get to rest completely. It'll just feel like one when I don't do Tony or Cathe. It'll be interesting to see what the pedometer says.

Wendy - I downloaded a couple of the itrain workouts including an iballet but haven't done one yet. Can you play them right on the computer? I thought I had to wait until I got a MP3. Hope you have great workouts today.:)

OK all - I'm off. You all have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back early next week. :) ;)

Angie

Hey girls -

How's everybody?? I'll look forward to checking out your new pics, Wendy. I'm sure they'll look great.

Hey Angie - I'm thinking about the itrain workouts too. Quick question - I got the codes for the three free downloads. Do you have to purchase something first in order to redeem them? I'd like to try them first before I purchase yet something else!!! I also wonder if you can play them right from your computer. I guess you can, right? My daughter confiscated my nano when hers broke and I hate taking it from her. I'll just move my laptop to where I exercise.

One more question.........I did KickMax last night. Another good one. the question....it feels so much like a leg workout so is that how everyone considers stuff like this? My plan was leg workout tonight but now I don't know. Of course, I didn't use any weights or anything but there's an awful lot of squats and stuff...

Okay, back to work....again! x(

Nancy

Angie and Nancy: Yes, you can certainly play the ipod work outs on your computer if you so desire. :) As far as kickbox goes...it works the legs but it is more of a cardio work out IMO. I would certainly do weighted leg work the day after or the day before it unless you are very sore and don't want to push your legs any further with out a rest.

I'll be back with more later!:)

Hello .. I am back!!!

the past 2 days had to do some tests ... trying to find out why my body makes so many kidney stones .. so had a 2 day test to do !! wasn't that bad .. just aggravating and time consuming!! .. they are thinking it is metabolic .. and my eating and exercise patterns has something to do w/it .. ???? (hate to say NOT cutting the exercise back - stones or no stones)

I am glad the tests are over (&%*&%*.. BUT .. managed to fit in some good workouts!! :) .. Monday night did step/lower body circuit .. Tuesday .. I did BBC chest and back and cardio ... (my back has never been this sore . jeeze) .. and yesterday I tackled the 90 min. Body Max 2 ... :eek: .. now my front side is as sore as the back side! Which take my midsection of my body .. front, side and back .. that is where I am hurting .. YIKES!! (kidney test sure didn't help matters)

... today came back to work .. with PILES of paperwork to do .. still have not tackled it .. got the pressing stuff taken care of first .. then of course had to check w/my P90X/workouts cyber buds before diving into the paperwork!!

Diana.. is it your son that is going to London?? think I read that right .. yeah I would be scared too! but what a chance of a lifetime!! tell him stick w/a group.. My first cousins have relatives there .. they go all the time and LOVE it!!

Wendy .. can't wait to see updated pics .. Mine are in my camera can't seem to slow down enough to download them! LOL

Angie and Cathe.. yup .. going on vacation to the beach tomorrow .. looking forward to it .. and so far (knock on wood) the weather and seas are cooperating!! :D if I catch the "big one" will take some pics and download it w/my after pics!! LOL (hhhhhmmmmm ...foresee some cool adult beverages in my near future)

Nancy . . hope things are going good .. sounds like you are keeping up your workouts!! Have you been cooking up anything good lately .. love to hear about your food menu ..

OK .. tonight is plyo/core/plank/leg torture class!
}( .. told SIL had to skip lunch workout b/c tonight's is gonna be a killer (gotta burn some extra so I can enjoy the weekend .. LOL)

will check back w/you gals .. have a good one!!:7

Thanks for the info, Wendy!!

Yeah, Laura! I've been cooking up a storm. It was really chilly here in NY yesterday and I LOVE soup, so I whipped up a "from scratch" veggie/lentil soup. Oh, my......so delicious.

It's still chilly here so I'd love to make an escarole soup tonight but I don't know if DH is gonna be so happy with that one. (I should tell him to cook then). Poor guy....rarely gets a steak. But, anyway, if I don't I'm going to make a potato and egg omelette. I think it's a New York thing (all the pizzerias make it) but when I've tried to get it out of town, they look at me like I'm a nut. It's DELICIOUS!!!!!!! With a nice salad on the side, you're done! I usually buy a ton of eggs in Costco and only use the whites but I just found "All Whites" in cartons and they really cook up nice and fluffy.

I'be been browsing this forum more than I worked today. I better sign off.

I guess it's lower body for me this evening. Thanks for nothing, Wendy. I wanted you to talk me out of it, lol. Honestly, my legs aren't that sore, so you're right! (unfortunately, lol)

Nancy

<<<It was really chilly here in NY yesterday>>>

I think I forgot what "chilly" feels like .. OMG .. it is burning up down here!! it is a little cooler today ... we had a 'cool front' move thru . HA .. yeah .. instead of 101 it is 92 - 94 .. LOL .. supposed to climb back up there this weekend though!

I love soups .. in the winter .. nothing hits the spot like a good ole veggie soup and hot Mexican corn bread when it is cold out .. or a big pot of Chili ... guess I will have to wait to November for that!! LOL

I think I love to hear what you are cooking b/c your diet is so different from mine! I LOVE Omlettes .. ONLY the egg whites (can't stomach the yoke) ... potatoes in an omlette???? OK .. I love omelettes .. I LOVE potatoes .. gotta give me that recipe!! so if ya get a chance let me know how you whip up the NY potato omelette!!
:7

oh .. BTW .. My husband makes a mean steak and pepper omelette (Southwestern Omelette).. mm mm mm!! throw some steak and peppers in your DH's and he will get is steak craving satisfied .. LOL!

Hi everyone,

I really need a vacation. It is so hectic and stressful here at work. We really can't afford to go anywhere since we had to pay 6K for DS trip to London and Scotland. There is plenty to be done around the house and just not having to come to work would be great. I weighed in yesterday and was up 1lb but am not concerned about it. With everything that's been going on at work and home it is really no big deal.

On tap for today is Back, Hamstrings, abs, and bootcamp class tonight.

Wendy-Did I read that next week is a recovery week for you? What workouts, if any, will you be doing next week?

Angie-have a great time on vacation.

Nancy-I wish I could cook like you (and my family would eat it too). You make the most delicious sounding dinners. I'm actually following a heavy weight rotation I got from Ms. Fit. It is a 4 day split. It is Quads & Calves, Chest & Triceps, Back-Hams and abs, Biceps & Shoulders. I have to do this rotation at the rec ctr where they have the heavy weights. I am also trying to do 5-6 days of cardio.

Laura-so glad to see you back. Hopefully with all the tests the Dr.'s ran they can get to the root of the problem. I can't imagine exercise would cause a problem. I have heard that diet is a big contributor for kidney stones. I hope your Dr. is able to eliminate this problem for you. By the way, I had the same back DOMS from the BBC workout.

Cathy-what are you up to today?

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

Laura, Welcome back. Glad the testing is over with and "normal life" can resume again. Have fun at class tonight!}(

Nancy, Sorry to burst your bubble. IMO doing kb after an intense leg work out will probably help to loosen things up, work out "the kinks" and speed up the recovery of your legs. I love running after a leg work out. }(

Diana, Have fun at BC class tonight. I hope you get the time off from work soon! Yes, I am taking a recovery week starting Monday. I will do 3 days of yoga and 3 days of cardio (the plan is 1 run, 1 spin class and 1 kickbox w/o)...that is my plan at this point anyway...You know how things can change with me at any given moment!:7 :p I would like to play around with my XFlowsion work outs during recovery. It will make 3 days of yoga in one week more doable for me because there is more involved...they are more "fun" then traditional yoga work outs. I am looking forward to the change.:)

Okay, Legs and Back is DONE! WOOH! I was *ALMOST* tempted to do ARX as well but thought better of it rather quickly!:p It's yoga time for me later...Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!:)

Baron's Journey into Power 2 is done. Felt really good. :)

I rewarded my efforts with an ice pop afterwards! :p

Hope everyone has a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.