P90X Grads and Nancy! TGIF!!!!!!!!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Ladies!

I have Tone It Up and Chin Ups on tap for today.

Yoga X felt great last night. I am so glad I changed my plan. For some reason I am more into doing yoga in the evening. Doing it in the middle of the day when I do my other work outs just doesn't jive in my head for some reason! LOL

Cathy: Only 14 days left!? WOO HOO! What's on your agenda for the summer work wise? Okay girl you gotta stop talking about Squeeze!!!! LOL

Nancy: Thanks for the explanation on renting a dorm room!LOL Makes sense now.

Laura: I am not very lucky when it comes to gambling either but unfortunately I enjoy it. I play slots and DH plays tables. I'd like to learn how to play table games but it's expensive and I don't want my $$$ to disappear even faster then it already does! LOL

Diana: So were you able to squeeze in a rec center work out yet?? Forgive me if you've told me this already but have you taken a spin class yet??

Angie: Good job keeping up with the X work outs. You mentioned pull ups and push ups. As you know I already do my pull ups but now that you mentioned the push ups I may have to add them as well!}( I know I could just pop in chest and back at that point but I am preferring to have those exercises as "add ons" right now.

Good morning girls!!!

Okay, don't laugh! I had to go to my daughter's high school last night and only had time for a quick "walk in the park". So I did an old Leslie Sansone dvd that I had - I don't know, maybe 4 mile walk or something. Cathe has me spoiled, that's all I can say. I know it was better than nothing....but it all seemed so corny. Okay, are you done laughing now?? I should have done Kenpo or something (anything) else.

Cathy, thanks for the mish mosh on the Squeeze workout. That's my plan for this evening and I just printed it out. However, I still don't have the ball(s). I actually need two balls because my daughter wants to do it with me. I'm either going to borrow two kickballs from the school or stop on my way home. Do you have any idea how long this mish mosh will take me?

Hiya Wendy and all who follow!!!! Yoga never jives in my head, lol.

Nancy

:) :)

Morning Ladies! TGIF

Ended up teaching a combo class last night - core torture/plank torture/push up torture/plyo torture/15 min. yoga .. one of my girls name it "The Kick@$$ Class" .. another girl named Tuesday's class "the Punishment Class" .. LOL .. but they are taking it in stride .. say they are loving the torture!! LOL}(

Today my allergies are in full swing ..dang smoke is HORRIBLE .. from the fires in FL and GA .. everyone is having breathing problems .. my eyes look like someone punched me .. I hate that!x(

DH did wise up .. he made the effort to make things right .. maybe all is well again!!:)

Wendy .. I am glad someone else loves Yoga X .. I just LOVE that workout .. you feel exhausted - envigorated - longer - leaner and stronger all at the same time!!

Nancy .. LMAO .. Leslie Swanson .. bless your heart! Hey .. better than nothing .. gotta do what you gotta do!! ... I think you and I posted at the same time yesterday .. hey great minds ... right!:7

OK .. today will be some work in the gym at lunch .. then tonight I hope me and DH will have a make up session and burn some calories the FUN way!!}( }(

tommorrow is LONG run .. CC press play .. Sunday is Probably Cathe LM or B&G .. or BBC full body!

Weekend plans got canceled .. seas are too rough to fish .. and we are forecasted to maybe get a MUCH NEEDED RAIN .. OMG .. I pray it rains .. everything is dying here .. so DH and I are staying home working on our house .. may fit in a movie or some GAMBLING .. got my designated amount I can throw away .. LOL!

have a great one .. I will BBL to check on the rest of ya'll!:7

Hi ladies,

I slept in again this morning and so did DH. I usually wake up when he's in the shower, or at the very least when the garage door opens. I have no idea what workout I will do today or if I will workout at all. The problem is-I don't have a plan. I need a written rotation to follow and since I don't have one it seems I've lost my motivationx( I'm working from home today and will be going to DS field day this afternoon. This is his last one since he will be in middle school next year.

Wendy-I didn't make it to the rec ctr yesterday-a crisis at work had priority. I opted for the bootcamp class since it is later in the evening. The class starts next Monday. Wish me luck!

Nancy-Any workout is better than none at all. At least you did something wich is better than I did.

Laura-So DH finally wised up, that's great! I love hearing what your students call your classes. They obviously think they are getting a great workout since they keep coming back!

Have a great day everyone.

Diana

Hi girls

Went garage sale-ing with MIL this morning. Poor thing keeps talking with me about FIL who passed away and cries every time we sit down to talk. Is it me???? I feel so bad. I know she needs to release her feelings and I'm thinking I'm the only one she feels comfortable enough to talk to. Just breaks my heart.:( I took her out to lunch and she literally cried in her soup. I tried to encourage her to get into some type of activity to keep her mind active but she just doesn't want to right now. It's such a helpless feeling.....

Anyways, I got home and started laundry and sprayed for ants. Tis the season for the darned ants!}( We live on top of a hill and it's quite sandy so I guess there's no escaping the ants - I'm sure they were living here before we were.

Wendy - I'm tempted by the squeeze workout too. I see the posts on the boards and I'm so close to ordering.....

Nancy - I'm with you about the whole Yoga thing - doesn't quite jive with me either. I'll do it, but I don't really enjoy it.
Leslie Samsone eh? LOL! Boy, it's been a while since I've done that. I like the 3# balls though - at the time they seemed to tone my arms but I'm not sure they would do anything now - since completing the X. But, like Diana said, at least you did something. :)

Laura - I'll bet DH is looking forward to this weekend.:eek: ;-) I still need to get an ipod so I can try a CC workout.:D I'm torn between getting a 4 or 6 or 8 G nano - the choices are just driving me insane! I haven't gotton one b/c I don't really know what to get. Maybe I'll just go for the middle number?? Have fun with Sean - I hear he's a lot of fun!

Diana - Those darn kids grow up too fast don't they? I'll bet your son is glad to be moving on to middle school but it is sad isn't it? I have one more year with my DS before he goes to middle school and just can't believe it.
Hey, why don't you join me and do StepBlast today?;-) It sounds like a fun way to end the work week!
I'm jealous of your sleeping in today. I stayed up late a couple of nights ago to watch "Supersize me". I have always wanted to see that and since it was on, I thought why not? Interesting flick. I felt sorry for the poor guy. I unfortunately like fast food but steer clear of it and now I know why. That was just gross!!

OK - time to get my butt down to the basement and throw SB in the machine and push play. My behind is a bit sore from B&G yesterday but SB sounds like fun. I'll check back later to see what Cathy is up to and see who else is hangin' around.

Have a great Friday everyone!!:) :D ;)

Angie

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I'm done with my work out. During Tone It Up I got in 12 chin ups and 46 push ups and then I did 6 Minute Abs. I'm fried!}(

Right now I am sitting here noshing on cherries...YUMMY! I don't eat them often cause I just don't think to buy them but on the occassion that I DO buy them I thoroughly enjoy them!:9 :9 :9

Nancy: I would NEVER laugh at you for doing Leslie Sansone! I had her WATP set. That was one of the sets that got me headed on the road to Cathe!!!!

Laura: Your students sound like Catheites...they LOVE to be tortured! LOL }( I like Yoga X though admit I don't often do it in full. I usually leave out the balance postures. I find them to be too boring for me but I love everything else!:)

Diana: You need to create a rotation for yourself so you can get motivated with your work outs again girl!

Angie: Sorry to hear about your MIL. How sad. You very well may be the one she is most comfortable talking to. Does she have any daughters or other DIL's? I am not ordering Squeeze right now but it's in the back of my mind...I'm waiting...I'd really like to see the price come down a bit personally. }(

Hey girls - happy Friday!! :) :) :)

Nancy :: Hey, I’m all for variety, so no laughs here…sometimes “old school” is what ya need… YW…I believe it’s about 45 minutes.

Laura :: yeah, what you described does pretty much sound like torture! *lol* But I bet those ladies are gettin' superfit! Hope you get the needed rain this weekend.

Diana :: I used to NOT like to be constrained by a rotation…now I realize how necessary it is to plan. I think I would be lost, too. Hope you had good weather for the field day.

Angie :: how long ago did FIL pass away?

Wendy :: For the summer, I will be working one or possibly two curriculum committees and doing some tutoring.

Today will be BBC Shoulders + Back and cardio still-TBD. Wanted to get out there and run but the humidity is ungodly and I may be heading out for early drinks. Am still on the bubble about whether or not to answer the call of the Corona Light! :)

Have a great night!
Cathy :)

I'm just here to report on my first go around with SQUEEZE. Oh, my God, I was BURNING!!!!!!!!!!!! BURNING!!!!!!! I know I'm not in as good a shape as most of you here, but.....oh, my. But I'm no slouch when it comes to weight work either but boy did I feel this one.

I cannot believe how my shoulders and triceps were burning with 2 lb. weights in my hands. BURNING!!!!

Now, I think it was short on biceps. No burn there at all. A few slow pushups (and when you're used to Gym Style 72 pushups it seemed like nothing). My legs were on fire too. My inner thighs I thought might pop and I had to stop. I didn't want to hurt myself - that's always been my biggest fear - getting hurt and then not being able to workout at all so I stopped a little short here.

I can't remember much else as it was my first time. I've been so disappointed with various workouts I've bought besides Cathe's and P90X, but I'm happy I have this one. Now I have to figure out where it belongs in a rotation.

Okay, hope someone reads this.

Have a great night!!!!! Nancy

Nancy-
I agree - the pushups were easy compared to what we are used to. The Power Squeeze workout starts off with those, so early into it, I thought I was going to be in for a disappointment...but then, there are some moves that, as you said, burn, burn, BURNNNNNN!!!! I'm glad you like it!

OK, I did BBC S&B but didn't realize that one was 45 min. long, so I had to put the ol' kibosh on the cardio. No time. Had to shower and am heading out. Will do some extra cardio in the AM.

Have a great night!
~Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.