P90X Grads/Nancy - Sunday, June 17

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Hey ladies, http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Good morning. It is barely morning here, but I woke up to relieve my bladder at about 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.

I was shooting for S&B later in the afternoon yesterday, but it didn't happen. Again. Yeah, I know - I’ve been bad this week. Well, not TOO bad, actually. I've only cut out 1 weight w/out and 1 cardio. Not a big deal. But eating? Forget it!

Yesterday, after my exam, I had a beer followed by a truly gratifying shopping spree, where I spent much too much at Ann Taylor. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/19.gif I think that relieved some of the angst I’m feeling about the test. (I should know in about a week or two.) Nothing like that shopper's high to do the trick.

Wendy :: how was the baptism?…Was probably a good idea not to run. Sometimes what we mentally feel like doing is not the best thing for our bodies.

Diana :: thanks for the good luck wishes!…how was dinner last night? When does Jerod leave?…Mmm, tollhouse pie and chocolate cake. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/38.gif Sounds like my kinda BBQ! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Nancy :: hope you all enjoy spending the day with DH, whether on the boat or dinner in the city. Agree with Diana about the burger. That’s nothing. You want a confession? OK, here’s one. I baked cupcakes for my kids one last week and had 1 dozen extra. I ate all 12 myself. In two days. Now THERE’S a confession! *lol* http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/40.gif

I know Angie's away, but hi to Laura if you manage to check in.

Happy Father’s Day!
Cathy

Hi Girls.

Just a quick pop-in to say good morning. I'm off to my run in just a few mins. I'll be back later for personals.

My quad is feelin' great compared to y'day! I'm not walkin' funny anymore!:p

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

BBL!:)

Just reporting that I did a nice and slow 3+ miles this morning followed by about 15 min. of yoga and a BBC S&B mish-mosh (I cut out abs and a couple of the back exercises.)

Where is everyone else today?

~Cathy :)

Hi ladies,

I did the SB/SJP 90 min cario combo today-another fun one. I know I did a long cardio yesterday and today. Since starting my bootcamp class in the evenings, I'm having a heck of time getting up in the morning to get in my cardio workouts.

I went and saw my dad earlier today, he lives about 10 miles away. I'm fortunate to live so close.

I've already made the salad, cut up the fruit, set the table, desserts are done, and twice baked potatoes are in the oven. Guests should be arriving shortly.

The boys gave DH Ghost Rider so the boys and DH spent the morning watching that.

Wendy-glad you're feeling better. Injuries are the pits!

Cathy-We went to a Thai restaurant in downtown Denver and it was delicious. We know the owner. She ended up closing the restaurant we used to go to when her husband passed away. It's been several years and she's opened up again in a new location with a new name. Jerod leaves on Wednesday. I don't think I want him to go anymore. I'm sure he will be fine, but I'm not so sure about me. We hope to get his bags packed tonight. It depends on how long everyone stays at the bbq.

Happy Fathers day,

Diana

Diana :: hope you have a good time while hostessing...I enjoy Thai food but don't get to eat it too often as the majority of folks in my inner circle are evidently not that "adventurous" when it comes to food. Funny how people won't even *try* something new...It's understandable you'd be nervous about Jerod's trip...try not to worry too much - I'm sure he's in good hands - and this is a golden opportunity for him to spread his wings a little. So many people grow up never setting a foot outside the U.S., so this is bound to be a unforgettable experience for him. I think it's great that you & DH have made it possible for him...Didn't realize you were in the Denver area. I just went skiing in Breckenridge for the first time last Christmas - this year, it'll be Winter Park. Love it out there! But getting to the airport for the return trip home was a NIGHTMARE!

~Cathy :)

Well, I did a 3 mile run in the park with my friend this morning. I had high hopes for more but it was just too dang hot out there!x( I wanted to try ISculpt Ballet afterwards but was short on time so I had to nixx it. I am hoping to give it a shot this week. It is my recovery week but since it's not a weighted work out I figure it's ok to stick in the mix some where!}(

After recovery I am going to start a strength rotation using the GS series and the Pyramids. I am going to alternate use of them for 4 weeks. This will take me up to my vacation. I am putting the P90 Masters rotation on hold until I get back from vacation. If I decide to do it for the full 3 months I don't want it interrupted by vacation so I pushed it back.

We had a nice time at my SIL's celebrating Father's Day. It was going to be a bbq originally but she ended up cooking. We did eat outside though so that was a nice change. :) We are going back there on Saturday for a party. She is having her patio in the backyard re-done this week and they are putting up a screen tent with a small bar area in it and room for more chairs and a table! They also have a fire-pit for their patio. We are gonna have a rockin' time! She is buying Mohito mix...YUMMY! I got hooked on Mohitos when we went on the cruise last year!:9 :9 :9

Hope everyone has a good night!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.