Over 40s are the new 30s 06/01 -06/07

idream

Cathlete
Weekly kick off for us spring chicks.

Hi to you all.

hopefully everyone is in good health and fit fighting spirits.

This week I am really really going to be careful and put only good food into my mouth. Healthy low fat type of good food.

No. Really. I am. :eek::eek::eek:

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Learning about my dog's chronic kidney failure and how to feed/treat, and now her urine leaking and searching treatments for that with the vet has consumed my time. So much so that I've hardly worked out even. We are now going to try her on hormones, poor thing ! She remains in good spirits though and loves her walks, so I've been walking a LOT!

I'm going to try to do FF get ready for summer rotation 2008.

Andrea, hope works slows down for you. I'm thankful not to work much at all right now with all I'm dealing with. I dread the day I have the make "the decision" for my dog. :(

Mary, what workouts are you doing now that STS is done? Cathe posted an interesting June rotation, if I felt I could commit I'd probably be doing that, but just as well, I need a bit of a break from teh STS dvds.

Hi Ronne, where's the house pictures you've promised?

Murphy, sounds like you are getting a much needed STS break as well.

Vilma, glad to hear CLX is going so well for you.....it's definite that I won't be getting it since all my funds are going to my dog right now. Getting her on lots of supplements as well as home cooked meals --- that's taking a lot of time---never knew a 21 lb dog could eat so much---but that's good, I've gotten 1.5 lbs back on her, now aiming for another 1.5 lbs and I'll be happy with her progress.

Kathryn, I can't remember what's up with you....staying busy?

Gotta get running....it's time to walk the dog but it's sprinkling here. Guess that means she'll get a light shower which she needs since she's pee'd all over herself the last few days (it's so sad to see her lose control and I'm sure it bothers her too ).

Good morning! Hope you all had a good weekend. Just the usual busy here. Was a little sad watching the basketball game Sat. night. The Cavs lost, but then so did Denver. Lisa, do you keep track of it all? I'm glad to hear your dog is doing better. She is certainly keeping you busy! As far as my w/o's go, I am just kind of winging it with whatever I feel like doing that day. Did you see Debbie's summer rotation? Andrea, good luck with the food thing, I will admire you from a far! Ronne, Lisa is right, we are going to nag you for those pictures! (just kidding, would love to see tho!) Kathryn, how was Disney for you? Did the rain ever stop? Murphy, are you all done with STS too? I have found it hard in doing other w/o's, for example, power hour, I found I was really used to having a break after each set of exercises, not having a break! I keep thinking, Where are my 30 sec? Hi to you Vilma, when will you be done with CLX? I saw clips for the new Insanity series, I don't know if I would be able to do it without having a paramedic near by. Have a good day all! Mary

Mary, DH follows the Nuggets, I don't. It was all a big hubbub here with them, especially when the WWE ? (I think that's the name -- the wrestling group), had reserved the Pepsi Center for the same date as the Nuggets. WWE pulled out and went to CA I think.

I also amd having a hard time with doing the other Cathe workouts. I did MM UB premix and I was struggling with the # of reps and no rests! Glad to hear it wasn't only me!

Hello everyone

Well, they're finally here!!! :eek: The promised photos; it's a selection that shows the progress of the building work. The earlier ones are not exactly how the house used to look (we didn't have all our white goods in the lounge ;)!) but give you an idea of what it was like. I now think how our house used to be and can't believe that we lived with it like that for so long - I'm almost embarrassed :eek:.
These are nearly all the before photos apart from the last one which shows the finished kitchen. After photos on next post!!!

Lisa - sorry to hear about your dog. You're really working hard looking after her. It's good that you're not too pressured with work so you can devote some time to it.

Mary - how funny about going back to other Cathe workouts. I like the sound of those breaks.

Andrea - good luck with the eating - have you succumbed yet?!

I'll be taking another mini workout break as we're now having the garden sorted out and with our lovely wall of glass doors at the back I'd be working out in full view of the gardeners! But when they're finished I plan to do FF's Dec rotation and really work hard for the summer.
We're having some lovely weather here at the moment so am enjoying the sunshine. We had a good week at home with DD last week and did lots of little trips locally, including a visit to a safari park which was great!

Right, I better get on with some work!

These are nearly all the before photos apart from the last one which shows the finished kitchen. After photos on next post!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0031.jpg
    DSCN0031.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0124.jpg
    DSCN0124.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0176.jpg
    DSCN0176.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0207.jpg
    DSCN0207.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0224.jpg
    DSCN0224.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 10
And after ...

Attachments

• DSCN0334.jpg
    DSCN0334.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0268.jpg
    DSCN0268.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0257.jpg
    DSCN0257.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi All,

I have been sick, as usual, but this time I took some time off and am feeling better. I did some powerwalking today and feel okay. I think I will get back on schedule tomorrow. I did not look at Cathe's June rotation but now I am a little nervous - I think Lisa said it was "interesting". ??? Anyway, my sister noticed my body changes with the STS and now she wants to do it. I have been spending time "coaching" her through it. I don't know if she is ready but I told her I would help her with it.

Ronne - love, love, love the pictures. Want to trade kitchens? I love those doors to the outside. I would love to have those.

Lisa - sorry to her about your dog but I am glad his spirits are up. I will keep up the prayers.

Scubagirl - I must admit that I have not done a Cathe since I finished STS. Now I am a little concerned - I too got enjoyed those breaks. Uh-oh.

Murphy

Hi girls! Hope you are having a good day. Murphy, glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope your sister enjoys STS! Ronne, What great pictures! I love that door to the backyard! I would be sitting in that chair all day! Also the kitchen cabinets are beautiful! It probably feels like living in a brand new house! Hi LIsa, How is Madison (did I get here name right?) Feeling any better? Hi to you Andrea and Vilma! Today was SS, hadn't done that one in a loong time. Have a good night everyone! Mary

Just a quickie post to say HI!!!!!

I have completed the Lean phase of CLX so now I'll be doing the 4th month of CLX called Lean for Life.

Ronne love the after photos of that room its so open and airy :) that glass 'wall' is awesome!

A fly by post for me as well as I'd rather not go into any details of my day....let's just say not a great one! I have DOMS from MM UB yesterday, today was L&G.

Ronne, nice photos, I'm sure it feels good having it all completed and taking time to enjoy it.

Murphy, that's so cool that someone noticed your body changes from STS!

Vilma, Love seeing you on facebook!

Mary, yep you got Madison's name right (btw, we didn't name her, we got her when she was 1 yr old....my pet name for her is Maui). Today was a crappy rainy day and the mood of the rain followed me everywhere....thankfully we have sun on tap for the rest of the week. I'm hoping the hormones the vet gave Madison for her urine leakage kicks in sooner than later....she is on hormones for a week and then gets a hormone pill once a week thereafter. What us poor females have to put up with, huh!?!?

Good Morning!!!!

Lisa I like facebook and getting the hang of it since I just signed up about a week ago.

I sure hope Maui gets better ... back in the end of Feb I almost lost my cat Silver to a urinary blockage. He had to stay at the vet hospital for close to a week, was catheterized and IV'd. Boy was it ever expensive! He is now on a special Prescription diet food for the rest of his life. Boy did I ever cry during that time frame but thankfully he is back to his old self.

Just to let you know I understand the feelings of having a sick furrbaby.

Ladies I am ShyWolf Fae on Facebook so if you wanna look me up :)

Have a great day all!

picture.php

Hi everyone

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It's amazing the difference it's made. I spend all my time in the extension now because it's so relaxing.

Lisa - hope today is a lot less crappier than yesterday ...

Murphy - glad to hear you were sensible and took it easy. It sounds like STS really paid off for you. Have fun coaching your sister ;)!
That could be interesting, I guess!

Mary - I'm relieved in a way that you're all finding the other workouts hard after STS. :p I thought you might almost breeze through them now. Glad to hear you're still mortal!!

Vilma - so are you spending all your time on Facebook now? I'm still resisting (very easily, I have to say!)

Had a busy day with work today, it all came in at once. I won't be around tomorrow as I've got an all-day meeting in London ;). Will see you all on Friday.

Bye for now!

Hi everyone! Can't believe it is all ready Wed.! Lisa, hope today fares better. Is the sun out there? That always seems to help. We should be getting the sun back tomorrow! Is Madison leaking all over the house? Ronne, have fun in London. That sounds so much more exciting than my life! I can only say I will be going to the mall! Murphy, are you better? How is your sister doing? Vilma, I'll have to look for you on Facebook. I don't get over there too much. It was starting to feel like another job! Andrea, where are you? Kathryn are you back yet? Today was CK, just fun jumping around. Have a good day. Mary

Hi ladies, I just woke up from a nap, I'm just beat. I even stopped HSC halfway through. I think the stress of the last month has caught up with me. On a positive note, Madison (Maui) didn't leak last night when I took her diaper off at 4:00 am, I'm hoping the hormones are working. True test will be after a hot day because she drinks so much more then and because of her kidneys. She is picky with her eating (I'm trying not to take it personally). I'm not sure if she doesn't feel good or if she just isn't that hungry. Now that I have some of her weight put back on her I'm going to try to stress a bit less over her eating.

Mary, you'll have to look me up on Facebook too. I resisted for a long time but I"m happy I'm on it now. You just have to make sure not to get sidetracked with all the other "stuff" (ie. apps) that are on it. You can waste a lot of time or get into a process to "check in" on your friends.

Ronne, to us USA people, London sounds totally thrilling!

Vilma, how old is your cat? I know our pets can't stay with us forever, but I never expected to be trying to manage a chronic illness in a dog. She has too much spunk to euthanize and she's worth the extra effort. Hopefully with my (our) learning curve this last month we will get down to a schedule soon. Silly me has her favorite meals along with calories, phosphorus (very important in kidney failure), etc all typed up, and last night I put together her supplement/pill schedule and typed up how much calcium I needed to put in her meals/treats....calcium we use to bind with the phosphorus so that her kidneys doesn't have as much work to do. This has been a huge learning curve. I pray that when it's time to make the decision to let her go that I'll be able to do it (actually I'd like her to go peacefully in her sleep when it's time to save me the trauma).

Not to end and sad note, but I think I'll go hug my geriatric pets. :p

Vilma, how old is your cat? I know our pets can't stay with us forever, but I never expected to be trying to manage a chronic illness in a dog. She has too much spunk to euthanize and she's worth the extra effort. Hopefully with my (our) learning curve this last month we will get down to a schedule soon. Silly me has her favorite meals along with calories, phosphorus (very important in kidney failure), etc all typed up, and last night I put together her supplement/pill schedule and typed up how much calcium I needed to put in her meals/treats....calcium we use to bind with the phosphorus so that her kidneys doesn't have as much work to do. This has been a huge learning curve. I pray that when it's time to make the decision to let her go that I'll be able to do it (actually I'd like her to go peacefully in her sleep when it's time to save me the trauma).

Not to end and sad note, but I think I'll go hug my geriatric pets. :p

Lisa my cats are 8 yrs old... I know what you mean --- when the vet told me I only had 2 choices put him to sleep or pay the fix him fee - I bawled like a baby and of course Silver my cats problem was treatable....plus they are a part of the family no way could I not have him treated.

Lisa my cats are 8 yrs old... I know what you mean --- when the vet told me I only had 2 choices put him to sleep or pay the fix him fee - I bawled like a baby and of course Silver my cats problem was treatable....plus they are a part of the family no way could I not have him treated.

Vilma, that's exactly how I felt, except that they didn't know how long the treatment would give us (weeks, months or year). So far, going well, I had to give her a chance!

Hi everyone!

Great to see everyone checking in this week.

Ronne - Love the kitchen and open spaces! What a difference. Its great.

I've been doing some HIIC on the bike (just a workout out bike at works gym) its a very quick cardio workout that burns off a lot of cals.

Does anyone take or know anything about "diet" pills?

Lisa & Vilma - I spend a fortune on my animals when they are sick. I'll do whatever i can for them. Vilma, I agree with you, they are part of the family and we love them. And we do what we can

Last edited:
Hello

Andrea - good to see you! Diet pills? Sorry, (shrug) not my area of expertise! Very tempted to say don't go there, though ...

Mary - believe me London is NOT glamorous! Well, the 90 mins back on a packed train certainly wasn't!

Lisa - you sound like an expert - it's amazing what life throws at you that you suddenly have to become expert in ... don't try and kill yourself working out either. Take a rest if you need to - the workouts will still be there. Hope Madison continues to show improvement.

Today, I'm busy catching up on the work I missed yesterday. The garden is nearly finished and looks great. Can't wait to get out there and enjoy it. This weekend is going to be pretty quiet, few chores, that kind of thing. Have a good one everyone :D

Happy Friday all ! Yesterday I did KPC minus the C part :D and today I'm doing 4DS UB premix. For those of you not on Facebook, the hormones appear to be working!!!!:D Madison actually woke up the other night to tell me she needed to go outside to potty and then she did, and no puddles yesterday either. This is such a relief! As far as her eating, she's doing better after I put a bit of IAMs savory sauce on her homecooked food. She still doesn't eat in the morning (so opposite of how she used to be), but I read that's normal in kidney failure dogs. We did our normal 3 mile walk, so you know she's a spunky girl!

Ronne, What's the saying? "if I only knew then what I know now"? I'll still always wonder if Madison's illness came on with some chicken jerky treats made in china (I read Australia just recalled some dog treats but they are still avail in US and Europe) because of potential kidney issues (and they are made in China) or if it was just old age catching up with her, or who knows. I guess the important thing now is to just move on from here and make the best of it.

Andrea, I am almost embarrassed to say that I did try the Alli in the beginnign of my weight loss journey. Only took for 2 months, the best thing that did for me was get me realizing that I needed to eat better, so it did jump start me. I wouldn't recommend any diet pills, you have such support here, that's worth more than a thousand diet pills put together. Also learn to accept your body for what it can and can't do....I'd LOVE to be 125 again like when I was a teen, but it ain't happening, so I'm accepting the 138-140 and size 6-8, heck I think I look pretty good, and much better with some muscle on than some of those waifs.

Gotta get to my workout, then mow the lawn, and then make some food for the dog (gosh I hope she eats it!)

HAve a great weekend everyone!

Happy Friday! I just finished GS legs, my legs are shaking! Lisa, Madison is so lucky to have you for her mom! I'm glad to hear she is doing better! I mowed the lawn last night, so enjoy! I'm glad it was just ours tho, our neighbor had knee surgery and wasn't able to mow hers, it was taking me almost 4 hrs, she's better now. Thank goodness! Ronne, from over here London sounds sooo glamorous! Like you are living the jet set lifestyle! My day today involves going to Target. (which I do enjoy) however London sounds much better! Andrea, I was reading about "diet" pills, they speed up your metabolism, which in turn speeds up your heart, causing it to work harder than it needs to, can also cause heart arrythmias also liver damage. They are scary. You are perfect just how you are. Hi Vilma, Kathryn, when are you coming back? Have a good weekend all! Talk to you Mon.. Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.