OoOoOo~Clean/Tidy/TGIF~oOoOoO

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls!

Back to being our thread starter! Happy Friday!! Let's be clean and tidy today!!

Well, I'm feeling better this morning but tired. Annabel was up until 3:30 :eek::eek::eek:! Ryan called to wake me up at 9 so we could have a more normal day. Now the trick will be keeping them awake all day. :) And myself of course.

I hope to get a WO in today - we'll see how I feel. Don't want to overdo it.

Kate, I love the pics of Chubs! She's so adorable!

I'm down a couple pounds from my illness yesterday so let's see if I can keep them off and allow it to be a good start to my loss!

Klaudia, congrats on the wings win! It was so funny to see people wearing hawks shirts the day after their win - nobody ever cares about hockey. Just like no one has cared about the bulls for ten years! :) But when they're good...

Okay, time to start our day!

My MIL told me about an iPhone app called Lose It that tracks calories. It's pretty cool - check it out iPhone users!

Breakfast was 2 egg whites, 1 egg on 2 pieces of toast (white :( - all we have in house) and 4 oz of oj

Yesterday I ate 6 pieces of toast and 3 kiwis. :) Nice balanced diet right? It was all that sounded good. My tummy is still a bit uneasy but better... keeping things down so that's good. I'm tired and I'm sure the kids are too. Not sure it's wise to try to WO today without "full" energy. Might wait until tomorrow.

Angie, Glad you're feeling better! ANd YAY to the scale! I kind of like that part about being sick!:eek::p
No iphone here but that sounds cool! You told me about some feature on the mac about cooking/recipes but I can't seem to fin it....any tips?
Definely listen to your body on the WO - maybe just a nice walk???
Thanks about Chubbs....we're pretty much head-over-heels!:D

-
ISABEL"S LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!!!!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!
One of the mom's is taking her there for me. At 1030 I'm going there - they have Olympics the last hour and it is so funny!
Other than that we have NO PLANS today.

Going for a run with Laura tonight in my new sneaks. Wish me luck!!! I CANNOT let her beat me!:p

Feeling very lean this morning...I like it!

Morning Kate! Your day sounds fun! The recipe software is called Mac Gourmet. You can import from web site recipes and stuff. It's pretty cool. Enjoy your time at preschool olympics. I think a walk sounds good for today. It's kinda gloomy out... :( I guess it is France. We're going to go to Paris next week for a day with the kids and take a tour boat around to all the major stops and then go to Disney the next day. It's good to live here. :)

Katie, where are you???

That feature looks neat - will play with it this weekend and see if its wortht he $$. Do you use it?
Your Paris adventure sounds great!
So are you glad to be back in France? Sounds like it... Is it funny to think of that being "home" now? Think of how far you've come since December!:D

better get busy!

Katie, WAKE UP!:D:p

Katie, where are you???

Sleeping in!! Glorious, beautiful SLEEP! It has been almost 2 weeks since a rest day for me, and my body is screaming for it. So I'm taking it! I will try to make it an "active recovery day."

Angie, is the app free? I will check it out. I agree with Kate, I sort of shamefully enjoy that part of being sick. Could you try for a 10 minute walk today? Or 10 minutes of stretching? I think you will feel better if you do something. Remember the "pizza" stretch? Have the girls sit with you and "make a pizza":p

Kate, I am excited to hear how your run goes tonight. Just please keep in mind that for *most* runners, it's pretty hard for about the first mile. I know when I used to run, I would stop after about 3 minutes because I felt like my legs were hurting. Nope, they just felt like they were WORKING and that feeling is NORMAL -- go with it! I wish I could see Isabell at the Olympics!

So are you glad to be back in France? Sounds like it... Is it funny to think of that being "home" now? Think of how far you've come since December!:D

I agree!! I am so glad that you consider France your home now, and you were HAPPY to go "home" instead of the alternative...

Good morning Katie! I'm glad you gave yourself a rest day! It does feel glorious to sleep in every now and then, doesn't it? Hope you are feeling better.

Yes, France does feel like home and I was so ready to come back to home. It is still difficult to be here though. It's just frustrating that I can't get the things that I want and can't do the things I want (ex: can't get foods I want and can't get girls involved in things I want). But I'm just trying to see the different things we'll get to experience while we're here.

Katie, the Lose It app is free. It's cooler than I thought it would be.

I think a walk and a stretch sound fabulous for today. My legs are all tight and crampy - prob from the plane ride.

Time to make lunch for the girls. BBL!

Thanks for the tip on the app, Angie. Can't have enough apps! Right now my favs are FB and the Weather Channel! I also love my magic 8 ball and Collin loves bubbles! Any other recommendations?

Trying not to be super late, see y'all at lunch!

katie, yay sleep!!! its almost 2 wks since my last rest day. im in a groove & dont want to stop! i even did sts last night even tho m rested! is c still doing sts?? tx for the running pointers! i need all the help i can get!:eek:

angie, youre making lunch, we're cleaning bfast, and lisas sawing logs!:D

off to catch the bus!

Happy Friday!

I have an appointment to get my hair cut and colored this evening-can't wait! Also have a conference with Milla's teacher and speech therapist this morning and gotta fit Plyo Legs in between! Eats were good last night-ended up having a tuna ceasar salad and some chocolate chips for a treat:) I can actually see more ab definition! I'm stoked! Let's hope I don't sabotage all my hard work!

Angie, glad you're feeling somewhat better. And very happy to see how well you've adjusted to living in France. That game had my stomach in knots! Can't wait for an original 6 series!

Kate, that J is adorable! I love that smiley drooly stage:) And I love the girls' hair. Did you do that? Have a great run!

Hi everyone else!

Gotta get ready...

Katie what's our challenge for the weekend?

Angie glad you are feeling better. If you do w/o keep it light.

Go Kate Go...represent us. Enjoy the Olympics.

I'm sore from y-day kbells, which I haven't done kbell w/o in over a month.

Today's w/o ellip, core, stretch

My sister called me today and said aren't you glad you don't live in Queens NY anymore. I did not watch the news this morning so I did not know what she was talking about. She told me that a teacher from Queens was near death and there are 3 schools that closed down because of the sw flu.:confused:

Anyway...wash your hands oven today

bbl with menu

klaudia, enjoy that hair time tonight! nice! i could let them wash my hair for an hour! it is SAD how long its been since my last trim/brow wax!
have fun w/ plyo legs! wk 2? it was so fun!:eek:
thanks re the girls. yeah, i did their hair. not hard, just a litte while to do!

robn, egads on the sw flu!
nice wo ahead! i need to do core too....which one are you doing? i really liked wts/plates sts.

good morning, or not so good here, but hope you all are well. aidan got up at 3:30, i couldn't go back to sleep so i studied then ran. got home to a grumpy finn. also have house showing so i am trying to clean, get 2 kids ready for the day and i have my test. i am frazzled beyond belief. but, it is 8:45, kids are at school, house is clean, 10 miles done, and i have 1.5 hrs to study. please let me pass!

katie, sleep sounds wonderful right now.

kate, have fun on your run tonight. is your sis a runner?

robin, don't you love doing something you have not dobne in a while and feeling sore?

klaud, great job with the eats and tummy definition!

angie, glad you are on the mend.

eats have been great, so eventually i guess the scale will follow. my challenge is listening to my body as things change with my baby. i am just not so hungry, but i have been eating like i am. i am getting it back, though. lets just hope i pass my test. if i do not, though, i still will not stress eat! bbiab

Morris, You've had a full day already! Healthy eats to fuel yourself! NAD PUT HTE SCALE AWAY!!!!
You are going to do FANASTIC today!!! Good luck!!! Deep breath!
No, I wouldnt call Laura a runner per se...she'll go 1x/wk or something but she's not actively into fitness, tho I think she's trying harder lately. Helps being out of the dorms now! =)

STS core done....off to shower! Don't want to be Stinky Mommy at Preschool!:p

Kate I saw the pics on fb...sooo cute. I did Amy 10min solution:core and stretch

Klaudia good diet =tight abs. So when are we going to see you in Oxygen Mag ;)

Morris passing vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wow:eek: what a morning.

b- 1/2 greek style frittata
l-left over frittata and spinach salad
s-apple and cheese
d-chicken with peppers and onions, and ??
s- popcorn

Lisa what's new

Hi ladies!! Sorry for being MIA yesterday, but it was so crazy I didn't even get to the computer at all except at work to do workstuff. Today is another full day. School program this am to start off. I still have to read yesterday's thread. Eats are actually decent, but wo's have been pretty much non-existent. I can't wait for this week to be over!

Lisa

Angie - I'm glad you are feeling better.

Robin - The swine flu has found it's way out here also. I am being vigilant about hand washing.

Katie - Sorry you're feeling stressed about work. Hope the intern situation gets better.

Kate - I had to lol about your flatchested post. I can so relate. Mine are sooo deflated and saggy. Don't even want to mention what my belly looks like.

Morris - I got FiberOne bars from Costco and they are pretty good for 140cal and that much fiber. Very nice sub for chocolate.

Klaudia - Yay for ab definiton!!

Hi Colleen, Anne!

robin, great eating!! thanks re julia!

lisa, sorry for the busy days! the week will be over soon! how will the kids summer vaca change things?

-
pre-k done!!! i even didnt eat any of the sweet treats! go me!
clean eats thus far! aiming to keep it that way. skipping fri night cheat. dont feel like i deserve it.
off to michaels for treat bag stuff for isabel's bday party tomorrow! just 4 friends coming...2 hrs w/ hot dog lunch....should be fairly painless - we hope!:p

Happy to report Milla is doing well-she's right on target with her reading/writing and graduated from physical therapy! And I talked to her teacher regarding her placement next year and she's going to make sure she gets the better teacher:) Snack was good-I almost caved to a lot of honey wheat pretzels but had 4. Instead I had a banana with some Greek yogurt and honey. Lunch was pea soup and a ham and cheese roll up. Will do plyo legs in a little while.

Kate, the hair wash is the best part! Especially if they don't talk to you! Good job resisting the pre-k treats!

Morris, good luck on the test and the showing! My mom's best advice: What you think about, you bring about. Think happy thoughts!

Robin, I'll never make it in Oxygen-I love food way too much to be that good! But thanks! Scary about the swine flu. Seems people are getting a bit complacent. Good advice on the handwashing. Menu looks great!

Lisa, I hear ya on the end of year craziness! Field day, field trip, dance recitals-oy!! And then summer with more chaos! Take heart, the weekend's almost here!

If you guys want to be cured of your addiction to Fiber One bars let me know! I used to inhale them til someone on the OD told me what was in them:(

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.