OOOOO clean it up weekend OOOOO

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Cookies, cookies everywhere!! Does the "OOOOO" in the title look like cookies? Not really, that's what I was going for, but not sure it works:p

I woke up at 430 (about 15 mins before my alarm normally goes off) and I was WIDE AWAKE. So I've been up for awhile surfing and thinking about 1RM testing, but now it's time to get going. GS Chest and Triceps, then BAKE-MAX -- I made a huge batch of sugar cookie dough and gingerbread dough last night, and I will roll, cut out, and bake this morning. I need the cookies to be cooled before my guests arrive to decroate this afternoon! I'm really excited!

Have a great weekend, ladies. BBL...........

Wake up, people!! WO done, time now to bake and clean. I had 1/2 cif bar half way thru my workout. Not hungry now, but cereal for breakfast pretty soon.

I am having cheese, crackers, and apple slices for snack when the girls arrive to decorate cookies.

Kate, I will chew gum while I decorate so I don't lick the icing!!:p

Morning

Katie those cookies are going to smell soooo good.:) What is your gingerbread recipe?

My w/o Lauren's k-bells 40min/ [pwer walk 30min

I'm taking the kids to the new library and then later on I'm going to chuch for the women's extravaganza (sp?).

katie, howd you do on those nasty pushups?! one of these days ill learn to like them!

gum wouldnt even kinda help me - id spit it out and lick away! you are going to have so much fun today!

----------
i slept til 8 today!!!! felt great! gina and isabel woke up and made their own breakfasts! it is so nice tohave them getting more responsible.

we're going to visit my dad today. about an hour away. hes going to take pics of the kids in c,mas dresses. hes gotten really good - several state awards.

wo will be gs tris & shoulders. gotta do abs too - i was too lazy y'day!

b - kashi, 1/2 apple
no clue on the rest of the day! clean though!

have a good one!

Good afternoon (morning) everyone, It's 4 p.m. here and we just returned from all our shopping craziness. We got a coat rack kind of thing for the front hall, a TV for my WO room (YAY!), a CROCK POT (I FOUND ONE) and a few other odds and ends. I found a shelf for my WO TV but it wouldn't fit in the car with the kids too so we have to go back and get it. I can't wait to get it all set up!

Katie, I hope you're having fun baking cookies. ^^5 on the WO this morning.

Kate, have fun with your xmas pics today. I love little girls in dresses!

Robin, I miss our library already. My MIL sent one book a month for each girl for six months so that will be our pseudo library! :) We love books around here.

I can't wait to start working out again. I'm so annoyed with my body right now. Thankfully it's winter and I can just be in sweats. :)

OK, so I don't think I'm going to get Gym Styles or any lifting videos for xmas like I was hoping so I have to do one more splurge. I'm going to get GS, Pyramids, and S&H. I am considering terminator and hardcore extreme. Are they worth it? Also, what's your favorite stretch/yoga style video (doesn't have to be Cathe)? I don't have anything like that.

Hi Colleen, Anne, Morris, Klaudia, and the newbies (Katy and ?? sorry!).

Have a great weekend all - I'll bbl.

angie

goodmorning everyone - i was mia yesterday d/t ice storm. we still have no power (30hrs and counting). i am at work, though, and they have power and internet. shh, don't tell. but, yesterday i still worked out off my generator:) cardio and gs c and t - kate, i LOVE pushups! make me feel powerful! eats were clean too.

angie, hope things continue going wlel. you will adjust soon. i'd hate foreign grocery stores. i am a creator of habit.

kaite, good luck with the baking. i have 6 loaves of banana bread calling my name once we have power...

kate, great job with sleepmax! have a fun visit, i hopt.

hi robin, how was kettlebells?

this am i did cardio and some lower body floor work. i am also in 2 regular shoes (except when exercising). i am hoping to start running next week, but probably 2 more weeks:( today will be clean, but i am fighting the anxiety. i hate power outages, makes me nervous. dh and i are getting along great, though, so that helps.

no clue on menu as we cannot cook. i can heat up leftover bean soup, though. bbl, maybe...

Angie I love gym styles but I don't have terminator and hardcore extreme.

Morris I hate ice storms. I would rather it snowed 24 feet then to deal with ice. The first ice I see down here in NC I'm moving to Florida ;)

I think I'm getting stonger with k-bells because I used my 20# one for about 1/2 of the workout. Just think I started with 6#KB. I was too wiped to do the walk so I just did extra core work.

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe the morning is almost over but I stayed in bed late. I did some cleaning this morning and then my workout. Now I am going to plan my studying for my certification and when to do my 1rm. I am a planner by nature so I don't like to just wing it. This afternoon will be wrapping gifts, planning for tomorrow's shopping and whatever my new plan tells me to do.

Kate, I bet the pictures of the girls will turn out nice. It is good to have a family member who can do it because you never know how it will turn out with a stranger.
Katie, I agree that gum would not keep my away from icing. Have fun decorating today.
Morris, last time we lost power because of an ice storm we had to go to the in-laws because we had no heat. Not sure if could survive multiple days of that. Hope the power comes back soon.
Robin, you better not unpack. I bet you will see some ice this winter.
Angie, I like HardCore exstream but I hardly ever do it. I was going to get the terminator but I am holding out for the workout blender. Maybe it will be ready this winter.
Klaudia, I thought CTX KB wasn't very intense either. I looked at my HR monitor and my HR was very low for cardio. That's why I added ITR.

w/o was CTX LL and RS
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana
l: wonton soup & taco salad
s: ?
d: ?

kate, i read yesterday's thread - bummer about the cruise. as a pumper (i only give breast milk and do work parttime), it is a pain, but so workth it over formula for me. nothing worng with formula, this is just what i prefer. have fun with pictures.

angie, hardcore extreme is great to me b/c of the stuff on it - love km leg conditioning drills, parts of low max and hce. do you have those? gym styles are a must.

robin, north carolina sounds nice right now.

colleen, this power outage is trying my patience. at least we have heat and now water (and my elliptical:)) . i should nt complain.

back to work!

Hey everyone, just finished dinner and now Ryan is off to the store with the girls to get us some french dessert. I told him once my WO room is set up that we are done with all these desserts - he gave me a nasty look. ;)

Morris, I can't believe you've been without power so long. That's horrible! I have all the WOs that make up hardcore extreme. The reason I was thinking of getting that and terminator was because Debbie uses them a lot in her endurance and circuit rotations and I'm considering trying them.

Colleen, hope your 1rm testing goes well. I was on the OD board the other day - it does seem like a lot of people are changing their minds about STS. I'm sure it will sell like crazy once its released though.

Kate, i forgot to comment about julia the princess vacation ruiner! What a bummer. I would be so disappointed. I practically live (and workout) to cruise! We've had one booked for over 6 months and it's not until next January. :)

Katie, how's the decorating going?

Well, I'm about to spend another $300 on Cathe... don't tell. :eek:

Well, I guess I'm not getting more Cathe. Ryan gave me the axe. :( So, now I'll have to wait until June for gym styles. I really wish MIL had gotten them for me. I'm sad.

Oh no Angie!! No GS?? You'll be okay. Maybe Santa will still bring them...

Decorating was SUPER FUN and SUPER MESSY!! It was really really so much fun, and things are more or less cleaned up now. I wanna do some cookie decorating again when my kitchen isn't so full of little boys and girls!:D

Ugghhhh, I'm exhausted now....

Katie, Glad the cookie-fest went well!

Angie, Maybe Ryan vetoed the WO's because he's getting them for you?!
I remember grocery shopping in France - can't descibe it but it was so wierd! Are you able to make decent conversation with the natives? How are the girls doing speaking french?

Morris, Good job on the clean-eating! DH hates to be without power so he installed a disconnect and generator for us. I hated to spend the money, but I guess I always do! Unless its on workouts of course! Or baby clothes! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I've spent at Gap and Gymboree the last month. It's insane!

Colleen, DANG! Busy Saturday! GLad you got to sleep in tho! I slept til 8AM!!! It was wonderful!

------------
Workout just got done - GS shoulders and triceps. 4DS LIS abs. Still disgusted at how weak my lower abs are, but considering how low I carried Julia I shouldn't be surprised.

Eats have been clean today! Slurping down my water right now.

Pics at my dads went well - will get the link posted when he has them up on his site.

Here is a link to the pic we had done at my favorite photographers:
http://www.imagingart.net/untitled1.html
Our girls are the "december Portrait of the Month". You can click on it to make it bigger. Julia was 2 weeks in the pic.

Klaudia, What are you up to today?
Anne, Hope the parent-weekend is going okay.

Good Sunday morning, I'm up with the girls watching the Little Drummer Boy. It's 8 a.m. but it feels like about 5 since the sun doesn't come up until close to 9 here. It's also strange because we have these shutter type things on the outside of our windows/doors that we roll down each night (we call it lock down :p) but it makes our house pitch black. I think I could sleep all day!

I think I'm going to make one last ditch effort to convince Ryan to let me get GS. I started out asking for $300 worth (a mistake I suppose) and he said to start using the ones I have but I bought mostly cardio b/c I assumed I was getting GS/Pyramids for xmas. I don't think he's getting them for me b/c he doesn't even know which ones they are.

Katie, I'm glad your decorating went well. I can't imagine having a bunch of kids in my kitchen - my patience is not super good with other people's kids. I was always a very responsible babysitter but not a very fun one. :)

Kate, I love the pic of your girls! They have hair! My little girls have NO hair. I just got Ellie's hair cut for the first time at 2.5. Annabel's was pretty long but very stringy and crazy. Oh well, I suppose they'll get some sooner or later. I can also relate to the clothes thing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gymboree. My girls' entire wardrobe is Gymboree. We work the system with gymbucks and baby sales and coupons! I spend way too much time there. It's just so cute! I'm going to have to find something else though b/c paying international shipping isn't much of an option. They have this really cute place called OBAIBI/OKAIDI here and it's pretty similar to Old Navy or Gap.

I am picking up bits and pieces of the language but not as much as I'd like to. I am going to start lessons once the girls are in school. The girls haven't picked up any quite yet but once they're in school, people tell me they'll be fluent in six months. It will be interesting.

Well, hopefully I'll get my WO room set up today and can get a short one in. I'm dying!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!! Hope you're all still soundly sleeping (it's 2 a.m. on the east coast... I think all of you are on EST).

angie

Angie, your posts are so interesting! What an adventure to be living in such a cool place!! My brother and his wife recently moved to Egypt and the e-mails and pictures they send about their adventures are amazing!

Kate, that picture of all the girls is precious and priceless!! I definitely want something like that whenever we have another baby.

I am up early to hopefully workout. I may be out late tonight, so I want to get a nap in this afternoon. I want to do IMAX (original), I've been wanting to do it ever since I did it last week for the first time!

Yesterday as not exactly "clean" -- I forgot to eat!! I had the 1/2 clif bar during my workout, then cereal mid-morning. Then it was time for the party, I served cheese, crackers, and apples and I ate a very few of those, and ONE cookie, but no lunch...??? Guess I just forgot. We had a few friends up for dinner (as if I hadn't had enough of house guests already:rolleyes:) and grilled burgers, so I ate dinner. So that was basically it -- cereal, and a burger for dinner, with a few nibbles in between.

Tonight is my work christmas party, it's potluck. I am taking sausage balls (everyone loves them, but I won't eat them) and Almost Stuffed Pepper Casserole. Not sure what else will be there but I will do my best!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Okay, talked to Ryan some more and he said I could order gym styles and then I will wait until June to do the rest (basically the compilations, S&H, and Pyramids). I don't have Basic Step, Body Fusion, Low Impact Step, Mega Step Blast, Total Body Stretching, Timesaver, or the Pure Strength but I figure I'll get those down the road. I don't consider them vital. I think what I have will do pretty well for now.

It looks like I'll have to move my WO time to the evenings. Probably around 8. I think while the girls are in school, I will have to be doing my french lessons - at least most days. I'm going to try to get 4 days a week in. I'm really determined to learn.

Katie, I can't believe you get up so early - even on the weekends. I'm a super sleeper. Sounds like you are really getting into the holiday spirit. I'm sad to not be doing stuff like that. I should bake cookies with my girls. I'll have to see if I can get all the ingredients. We don't have a tree up - we're bringing a small one to our hotel at disney so at least we'll have that. It just doesn't feel like Christmas. :(

OK... off to continue cleaning and such. :)

angie

Good Morning Everyone!

Angie, I am so glad you talked Ryan into letting you get GS. I am going to lend them to my sister in January.
Katie, I hate it when I forget to eat. Enjoy your party tonight.
Kate, the girls look great in the picture.

Okay, well I kind of cheated doing my STS. Some of the exercises are similar I decided to use the same weight for both. I just didn't fell like doing another workout yesterday. I have more to do today but I am making good progress. I think today is busier than yesterday and I have to be on a conference call starting at 9 tonight. Last weekend it ended at midnight. Hopefully this weekend will go faster.

Happy Sunday

Kate that picture is beautiful.

Colleen everyone is cheating on 1rm. Narrow vs wide stance squats for example is the same weight. Good work so far. I'm up to card #7 I'm going to put those numbers in and then I'm done. I'm not testing anymore.

Angie your Cathe collection is coming along just fine. Did you order the STS? I don't remember if I asked you that before.

Katie how was the party?

Morris what are your plans for today. Is it still icy on the roads?

Y-day women's Christmas show at church was so fun and inspirational. There were dancing singing poems etc. Everything was great until they tried to feed us :confused:. Everything they had , except for the salad had pork in it.:rolleyes:. They even had chicken kabobs wrapped in bacon. So I ended up eating meatballs and salad. I do eat pork but not when it's cooked in large quantities. I guess this comes from working in a ER.

I'm going to email the pastor and ask that January be healthy and fit month because every time I eat at the church the meals are over salted and high fat. What makes it so funny is the the pastor is skinny he looks likes a stringbean.

No w/o for me today except laundry max.
b-egg whites
l-??
s-Zone and apple
d-chicken

Oh one more thing I've adopted a family for Christmas.:rolleyes: Me and my big fat mouth. Now I have to call the mother of the family I picked and ask her what on her wish list.

Morning everyone!

Sorry no post yesterday. Woke up with a stiff neck/shoulder that hasn't gone away yet. I'll definitely be taking some Motrin today. We also put up our Christmas tree and some decorations-finally. And then I went shopping with my girlfriend for a few hours. Ended up eating Taco Bell for dinner along with a bunch of miscellaneous junk earlier in the day. Never got my workout in and I don't know about today's either. And I'm not going to the KB workshop feeling like this, so now I have to wait til the spring to go. Oh well. Saving money, right? Darrin is trying to sabotage my eating by making crepes as I type this. Arrgh!

Katie, glad your party went well. Hope tonight's is fun, too:)

Kate, that picture is awesome! Where does your dad live? Does he take pictures for others? We need to have new pictures of the girls done.

Angie, glad you still get to buy a few workouts anyway. Bonne chance avec les lecons de francais! C'est une langue tres belle, mais un peu difficile a apprendre:) I think I need lessons, too!

Morris, hope you get your power back soon. LOL about working out with no power-you're hardcore:)

Robin, I think having a clean and tidy month at church is a great idea! I hope it goes through. And that is so kind of you to adopt a family for Christmas.

Colleen, take it as a good sign of our cardio endurance that CTX is easy! I remember when I used to get winded doing them:) Hope your meeting goes quick!

Anne, I lived in France for 3 months after high school. It was the most amazing experience!

Eats are up in the air today-hopefully they'll be relatively clean:)

bbl...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.