OoOo Kettlebell o Thursday oOoO

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Running late :eek::eek::eek:
Here's my workout: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Melissa::: Your story about Dan cracked me up! I think the English are really cool! My mom's grandma came over here from Odessa in the early 1900's after a progrom killed her husband. She came over with 3 young kids (one was my great grandma). I always thought that took such courage! My dad's family and DH's grandma's family also came over about that time.

BBL today!!!!:)
waves to the gang!!!

Good morning!

Deanie - Wow! Great job on the bottom up presses! :cool: My hubby is also Polish. That's an amazing story about your mom's grandmother...so courageous!

Melissa - Poor Dan! ;) Tell him to embrace his Welsh/English heritage...it's not so bad...maybe rent How Green Was My Valley. :p Good job on your workout yesterday!

Waves hello to Jane, Rhonda and Marcy.

So I've had corned beef and cabbage 3 times in the last 5 days...stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Tonight I'm doing swings and PTTP DLs. I may tack on some ab work at the end.

Have a good day!

Hi Everyone!

I'm going running tonight! Yay! I will probably do a 5K in preparation for my race on Saturday. We're going to some small Georgian town about 2 hours away so we will be up very early!!

Melissa ~ I loved the story about your DH. I'm part German and I actually wasn't thrilled with it. I would have preferred Russian or something more exotic and unique. I was actually thrilled when we found out that some of my dad's family came from Belgium.

Deanie ~ Great to here about your mom's grandma. You come from good stock! Great job on the bottom up presses.

Gayle/Melissa ~ Thanks for your stories about grandmas and surgery. I'm very positive that my mom will come through this with flying colors.

Hi Rhonda!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good afternoon! I haven't done my workout yet, I had to finish the laundry this morning! DH washed about 9 LOADS :eek: (he is awesome) but neither of us has had the time to fold them. It took me an hour to fold, put away, hang up, etc. I loathe laundry - really, really loathe it.

Deanie, nice bottoms up press! a whole 4k, woohoo!
Very courageous great grandma! She traveled alone with her kids - holy cow! That HAD to have been hard.

Jane, have fun running! And good luck on the race, small towns are fun.

Gayle, How Green Was My Valley is on instant stream via Netflix! We will make it a date, thanks for the suggestion. It is actually from the time when I think the best movies were made.

I am putting myself out there... really out there. I recorded my workout from yesterday and put it on youtube today. I cut out most of it, but left the very beginning and parts where I feel I was struggling with my presses (I kept some pull-ups though, because I liked watching those - I can't believe it's me sometimes!) Could you guys take a look at it and give me your opinions/suggestions? Everything feels fine, but my left side looks funky and I twist the bell when I press. I also included swings because mine have felt weak and maybe you guys will catch something I need to improve on. I would give you the direct link, but it says that the video is still processing, so I'm giving you my channel link. Please tell me what you think, honestly... http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarefootWarrior
TIA

Melissa :)

Last edited:
Jane - Have a great run tonight!

Melissa - I WANT YOUR ABS!!!! :D:D:D I watched the video and I see what you're talking about with the presses...the left side looks different than the right, but I don't know if it's incorrect. When you get near the end of a set it almost looks a little like a side press. I know I do exactly the same thing on the left side, because it's my weaker side.

I'd be really interested in what Deanie thinks.

I don't see a problem with your swings from the front. Nice pull ups!

You made me LOL! with the look you had on your face on one of your cleans. :D

Jane::: Have a fun run! I hope your weather is as beautiful as ours! it is SUN SHINY and 64 degrees!!!

Gayle::: Have fun with your swings and dl's!

Melissa::: Your abs DO look great!!! and after 3 kids!!!! :pYour swings look fine, I would just watch you don't over extend your neck - Your presses look good - maybe just work on having your elbow going up in an arc and down in an arc. Do you Sqeeeeezzzzeee the bell on the way up?....glutes tight? tension in your whole body?

advanced kb swing: http://joshsgarage.typepad.com/articles/2010/02/the-advanced-kettlebell-swing.html

hth:eek::eek:

waves to Rhonda and Marcy!
Have a great evening gals!

O'Farmer checking in

Hi all. I went to KM class yesterday which DEFINITELY counted as a workout. Phew. Today I am going to go to two classes.

I watched The Other Man with Liam Neeson and Antonio Banderas. An hour and 27 minutes of my life that I can't get back:(. On a happier note, I enjoyed Eat Drink Man Woman. Up in the Air should be arriving shortly.

Deanie- Good job as usual. When you say that your great great grandfather got killed by a progrom? What is that?

Jane- Sorry your mom has cancer but glad that it hasn't progressed past stage 1. Wishing her a complication free surgery and recovery.

Melissa- I might have some Irish in me. My grandma had red hair so....you never know. Looking at your abs makes me regret the BIG plate of Chinese food I had for lunch.:p Gotta channel my inner (which isn't buried too deep) Towanda.

Hi Marcy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.