NROL4W week of 5/5-5/11

JAFitMama

Cathlete
Hi :)

Jacque- nice going on your workouts. :) A weighted vest is a good idea. I didn't have unbearable DOMS in these workouts, but with increasing weights, and keeping rests to 60 seconds, I am getting more challenged with each workout. I do not believe a person has to have DOMS to have progress. IA about keeping pullovers steady until you feel comfortable with the 'pops and clicks.' Although this is NOT a fat loss program, with the recommended calorie intake and macro nutrient balance and cardio. I believe fat loss is possible.

My cardio is similar to yours ~ 3 days running. However, I am changing it to 2HIIT per week and one fast moderate distance run. I have been reading about the benefits of intense cardio vesrus long steady state..

Today was a 5 mile run with iTread #23 40 minutes (semi fast intervals and 3 hills 6%, 8% and 8% which I kept at a 6.0 pace for)

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

I started my fourth time through Workout A and am thinking I will try to up my weights every two workouts at least a bit. Am feeling a good workout.

I am hoping with the running and the heavier weights I can build muscle enought to lean up a bit. Not seeing the scale budge at all but feel a bit firmer which is all good to me.

Am also switching up my cardio to the AM so it is fasted. We'll see it that helps at all? May actually see if I can lift in the AM before work too - with the weather getting nice I would love to be outdoors after work since I stay in for lunch.:D

Had a pretty good "slow run" for me this AM, 5 miles in 53:20 minutes. Fastest I have done for that distance. It felt pretty good, wasn't too tired from the squats last night:+

Log from this week:

5/5/08
5 mile TM run iTread 40" add steady state @ end 47:10

5/6/08 Workout #14 1A
WU: 4" on bike
Deadlift: 85# 2x 8reps
DB shoulder press: 20# 1X 12 reps, 23# ( 20 + 3 DB) 1X 8reps!!!!
Wide Grip Lat PD: 52# 2x 10 reps
Lunge: 25# ea hand, 2x 10reps
Ball crunch: 15# 3x 15 reps

5/7/08
IMax2 on BOSU!

5/8/08 Workout #15 1B
WU: 5" on EXT
Squat: 79.5 2x 8reps
Pushup: (feet on 8" step) 3x 15 reps
Seated Row: 67# 3x 8reps
Step up: 22.5# 3x 10 reps ~tired on last set
Jack knife (ball) 3x 15 reps
30" bike with just a few higher intensity intervals, [font color=red]not[/font] a true HIIT.

5/9-08
Planned: iTread 30 minute drills or sprints ~ [font color=blue]true HIIT[/font]

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVi...ew=1&page=1&sort_order=&albumsperpage=&navfol

Workouts for my past two days:

5/7/08:
Did make it in the AM since DD was coming down to visit and shop !
Workout A - 4th time
Squats: 50# 2 sets of 12
Push ups: on toes 2 sets of 15
Seated Row using 3 bands: 2 sets of 12
Step Up: 34# (17 each DB) 2 sets of 12
Jackknife: 2 sets of 10 (my lower back gets so sore)

5/8/08:
3.5 mile HIIT run from Shape magazine, ran 38"

I have to say that I have dropped 1/2 a # just since this week began - am wondering if it is related to doing my cardio fasted? The AM's I lift I am getting up earlier and drinking protein 30 min prior to my workout. Think maybe doing HIIT twice would help too. I don't feel quite as strong running at a steady pace as I do when I run HIIT. I actually get up to a semi-running pace, LOL.

Judy: I so appreciate you posting here - hope I can add strength like you are ! Would it be easier if I just posted this on the Cheetah checkin since it seems to be just the two of us and I "kinda like" running too? (Actually I am really enjoying it !)
I had originally thought there would be a few others but looks like that changed?

Whatcha think?

ETA: I ordered my weighted vest - am hoping I can squat a little more weight and am getting ready for STS}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.