November Rotation TUESDAY 11/21

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning everybody! Great job....we're working our way thru this rotation. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

This morning was Cardio Kicks. The rotation called for KPC but I prefer CK instead. This one always gives me DOMS in the upper back and shoulder area the next day. LOVE IT!

Diana-I've been considering using my Hardcore Extreme and Terminator DVDs. I haven't EVER done any of the workouts on them, but I've been reading lots about them. Perhaps SOON!

I headed off a MAJOR TOM craving last night. I mean MAJOR! I took my parents dinner and their house is always loaded with snack food...not usually a problem but this time around (tom) for some reason the cravings are strong. I avoided it all at their house, but came home and the pantry jsut called my name. I had my air popcorn and locked myself upstairs in my bedroom. LOL. Craving avoided and today.....I'm in the mindset of FOOD FOR FUEL!

BBL, after a quick round of Christmas shopping.

KEEP MOVING, everybody! We're kicking but and taking names! LOL

Gayle

Good morning ladies!

I did KPC this morning. It felt good to do this one again. I am finally able to do all the pikes on the ball. I started Cathe exactly a year ago and have come a long way as I'm sure we all have.

Gayle - You have to do Terminator and Hardcore Extreme. I love these. They are so much fun. I think my favorites are the Gauntlet from Terminator and HCE #2 (hi/lo). Congrats on keeping your cravings under control. I'm going to try and do Cardio Fusion on Thursday to counterbalance my white chocolate cheesecake that I absolutely must have! I just got my P90X and just started reading through the nutrition guide. I think I will start the X after the new year. In December I might do some heavy lifting and try to fit in some new workouts I haven't gotten a chance to do yet.

Have great workouts everyone.

Marcy

Hi, Marcy. I was in on that long thread about P90X and I have to say that I'm intrigued. I really want to work my upper body beginning 01/01, but I honestly cannot justify spending $ on more workouts. I've been wondering about the concept of muscle confusion, that the P90X series is famous for. Why can't I create my own muscle confusion using Cathe upper body work? I just don't know. BUT......I sure will be interested in what your thoughts are on those workouts. AND....I really am tempted to just bite the bullet and buy that series. BUT....on and on and on, lol.

Great job on your workout. I think Thursday is either going to be a long run (as scheduled), Cardio Fusion, or the Scrabled Eggs cardio premix from BM2. SOMETHING to burn calories. I'm baking a crumb-topped pumpkin pie and an apple pie and would like to indulge without the guilt!

Gayle

Hi Gayle. I also wonder why we can't get that muscle confusion with Cathe's workouts. I feel that Cathe gave us a lot of new moves with the new series (e.g., all the different types of pushups, new ab moves, etc.) According to the manual "there is NO plateau". Your mindset of "food for fuel" is exactly what P90X is all about - proper food choices for maximum performance. From what I keep hearing, the cardio isn't great with this system with the exception of Plyo X. But maybe with all the muscle we will be building, our metabolism will work much better. From the success pictures I've looked at, the "befores" weren't in bad shape; they just weren't toned. The "afters" are definitely all ripped showing off their 6-packs. Also, maybe the "recovery phase" is also what will get us where we want to be where "your body increases its stabilizer-muscle strength during recovery and ab focus." Our bodies only build muscle at rest.

From what I read in the nutrition guide, you will need to eat a lot more calories. According to the formula, I will have to eat 2,100 calories a day which is much more than what I usually eat (1,500 to 1,800). I know I need to drink a lot more water and I'm going to have to plan my meals much more carefully. The only hard thing is dinnertime (my DH defintely does not eat healthy.) I might have to make a separate dinner for DH and DS and then dinner for me.

I only got mine right now because I got it at a great price, $79.20 plus 19.95 shipping. Also, the price was going up as of this Monday. Check e-bates every so often to see if they have any discount codes.

Sorry for the long post. I guess I'm really getting into it already and I haven't even gotten started. I know Shelley said she got great results without the diet but I do think you will get even better results with the diet.

Enjoy your pumpkin pie for now.

Marcy

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm still following the rotation. I just had a slight detour as a friend wanted me to evaluate her P90 tapes and give her feedback. She's contemplating getting P90X and knows that I work out all the time. Saturday I did BM2 scrambled eggs in place of Cardio Fusion. It rocked my world! Awesome cardio! Sunday I did 43 minutes P90 Sculpt 5-6 (which did nothing for me) and then did 50 minutes P90 Plyo Legs. I rather enjoyed the Plyo legs. Monday I had excellent leg DOMS...not too sure if they were from the Scrambled Eggs or the Plyo or maybe the combination. I decided to just do 50 minutes of walking as tonight as Jazz dance. I love dancing. To get back onto the schedule tomorrow has to be either B&G or Drill Max.
I also tried out P90 Sweat 5-6...too easy and the ab ripper...too boring last week.

My week has been crazy...I had a two hour job interview on Thursday and yesterday another place I've applied at is asking for references.

Gayle you've got to try Terminator...they are so much fun, especially if you enjoy circuit workouts.
Have a great week!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.