November Rotation - SATURDAY 11/11

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning and Happy Veteran's Day to everybody. Hug a vet today! My fiancee is a veteran...20+ years National Guard with a recent year-long tour in Guatanomo Bay, Cuba. Need to give him a huge hug, good reason, right? LOL

Well, today's a scheduled rest day. I was planning on inserting PUB this morning, but when I got up at 6 I was rather sore in my upper body from DM yesterday. But, figured I was up and may as well do something, so I hopped on the treadmill, popped in a movie (Weather Man) and did a 90 minute power walk for 6 miles. Felt great to do something. Weekends are always hard for me, because I'm tempted to take a rest day, but then a weekend rest day makes my mind think I'm taking a break from healthy eating as well. SO......I'm glad I got that long walk in. Tomorrow is Butts & Gutss, and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

Have an awesome Saturday. We're headed up to town for our parade in 30 minutes.

Gayle

Good morning, Gayle and all!!

Gayle, hug your fiancee for me, will you, and while you're at it, thank him for his service. All of the men in my family, excluding my DH, have served. My uncle was killed in WWII and is buried in the Netherlands.

I managed to get through BMax 2 yesterday--the cardio & weights premix--but not without some modifications. I am soooo choreographically challenged:eek:. Those turns really throw me for a loop and I never end up where I'm supposed to be at the end of the move.:7

I have B&G today. I'll probably choose a premix again, and then I'll hop on my elliptical for 10 or 15 min to abate any major DOMS ;(. B&G is the workout I've been looking forward to the most:D

I'm going out of town tomorrow for a funeral and won't be back until Tuesday afternoon. I'm good for tomorrow because that's a scheduled rest day but I'm going to miss LIC on Monday. I'll have to look and see where I can fit it in later in the week.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Thanks for all the inspiration and encouragement. It's making a huge difference in my ability to push through these workouts;) :)

Good morning,

It was Drill Max Upper Body Premix for me as I have a housefull coming for our Annual Family Breakfast. Good things on the menu, but won't tempt you Gayle, with the details.

By the way, I loved the football drills in DM. Think this workout will grow on me. Dive Bomber pushups weren't happening so subbed regular ones, though those are pathetic too.

Have a good Veterans Day, everyone.

Jeanette

Good morning all:)

Cardio Fusion for me today- OH MY GOD!!!!! what was I thinking when I was happy to recieve this??? the warm up was good, the first section with cardio from BM2 was okay (only did cardio BM2 once and forgot some moves), LIC cardio was fun, but then came BM2 power circuits!! someone asked Cathe if it was really Imax 4 and I think it is!!! They were HARD- the only happy point for me, was I thought there were 6 and there were only 4:) after I sweated through that, drill max drills were okay till I got to drill 5, with the jumps and skips(?) I started thinking.... Oh my god I still have the squat thrusts next- went on to the football drills, Love them!!, and then thought.. maybe we don't do the squat thrusts on this dvd(hopeing,.. hopeing) No such luck- by the last 2 squat thrusts my tucks looked like bunny hops(LOL) I did finish but you practically had to scrape me off the floor:) Thank goodness I don't do this again till week 4!!

It was a great workout but really hard! and a part of me is maybe(?) looking forward to doing it again(I can't believe it)
Tommorrow is a rest day- Hooray!

Enjoy your workouts and Veterans Day, everyone
Deanie:)

ps- sorry for any spelling mistakes:)

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is LIC for me. My legs and glutes are still feeling yesterday's Butts & Guts workout. Hopefully the cardio today will work out some of the soreness. I'm really loving this rotation and the all the new workouts.

Diana

Good morning everyone,

Today is a rest day for me although I am thinking of maybe going for a quick run as the weather here is gorgeous.

((((HUGS)))) To all those with veterans in their lives(my dad is an ex-marine--Vietnam vet) or who are veterans themselves. And a big thank you.

Have a great Saturday!

Good morning, ladies!!!! (Ok, well afternoon) :)

Sounds like everyone is getting in some great workouts today! Jeanette, I was LOL at your description of Cardio Fusion. I think that's on my rotation Monday - yeowch! I did DM yesterday and really enjoyed the football drills, too. I actually liked the dive bomber pushups better than regular ones for some reason - am I weird?? Yes.

Anyway, today was a scheduled rest day for me BUT I took an unscheduled rest day on Thursday due to that required work thing, so today I did Fluidity Beginners and the bonus abs from B&G. I have to tell you, I LOVE the Fluidity and think it was a great investment (it's a barre, comes with three DVDs and some other toys - my kids now just roll their eyes when the UPS truck pulls up, lol). Anyway, my butt is really sore, so that's a good thing. I also thought the abs were way hard. My core is my worst part and I enjoy ball work (and was thanking god there were no planks, heh).

Michele, Gayle, all of the men in my family have served, too (well, last generation). Actually, one of my uncles was a Navy captain and was in Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. I have a great story about that which I should share sometime.

Be well!
Marie

Good afternoon ladies...

Just finished DrillMax... I'm back on track with my rotation now. Had to double up on w/o's on Thursday (a run, BM2 step combs, and B&G bonus abs) because of being gone yesterday. Had to go to Ohio (I'm in NC) to get my Envoy. We hit a deer coming home from a horse shoe about three weeks ago and they finally got it fixed...

I'm missing StretchMax 2 though, need to sneak that in somewhere.

Gayle, Michele - the men in our family have served also... my husband, son, daddy, my brother, and father-in-law.

My daddy and DH's daddy served during the Korean War, my daddy was a paratrooper and saw combat, DH's daddy was stationed in Turkey. My husband served in the army in the late 70's. My brother was a nuke in the navy for eight years in the early 80's to early 90's, my son served four years, two overseas in South Korea. I truly appreciate the sacrifice all the veterans and their families go through. No matter what side of the war you stand on, we should always stand up for our troops and show them how proud we are of them and how thankful. JMO....

Netta - I actually can do those divebomber pushups and no one is more surprised than I am... but those core pushups... I can't do them correctly..

Deanie - I'm not sure if I should thank you for that Cardio Fusion preview!!! I have that on the schedule for Monday:eek: :eek: Oh my!!!

Carole - I love thost football drils too!! The only drill I don't care for is the one where you are holding that ball, don't know what it is about that one, I do it though!

Hello to everyone else....

Off to the shower and then to get something to eat.

B&G is on the rotation schedule for me tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.