November Rotation Check In Wednesday 11/15

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning to everybody! How are we so far???

I have to go back to yesterday's thread, as there was something I wanted to comment on, but of course can't think of it right now. lol

For me, today was Drill Max. I'm really psyched for this week, since it's the 2nd time (and 3rd for some) through for these workouts and you can really focus and concentrate on making the moves HARD!

Gotta tell ya, that 3rd Drill with the stability ball. WOW. Gets me every single time. I think it's easy, but it's NOT! And, I'm getting MUCH MUCH better at those squat thrusts and hops on the board during that last drill. PROGRESS!

BRB with my comment from yesterday!

Edited....now I remember. Diana-I'm finding that I'm hungrier with this rotation as well. I haven't done circuits in a long time, so my body's not used to them. Also, on the stability ball abs with those hip rotations. I couldn't figure it out my first time out either. But liek somebody else said, once you realize you're 'allowed' to move the ball, it's easier to get the hips stacked!

Gayle

Morning Ladies,

Today for me is KPC. Actually looking forward to this one. Haven't done kickboxing for over 2 weeks. :)

Gayle, you are right on that 3rd circuit in Drill Max. I have a great time with the first round, but then she starts up another and I'm looking at her saying "what"! :D My arms are about ready to fall off by the time I'm done.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning Everyone:)

I almost didn't make my 6am workout today. Major DOMs from KPC!
Did BM2 today. WOW what a workout! I was dripping sweat after the first hour (ok- maybe too much info:)) and the upper body was great. The tricep dips were great- I really felt them. The abs were wonderful too but my arms were shaking on the side planks! It was frustrating because I could do the plank but my arm was shaking!

Laurie- enjoy KPC I love that workout!

Gayle-I always roll my eyes with that 3rd circuit yet when I'm doing it- it is tough! My favorite circuit though is the football one!!(Maybe because it is the last-LOL)

Enjoy your Wednesday all and happy workouts!
Deanie:)

Good morning, ladies!

I just finished the step segment from BM2 (I took a rest day yesterday so I'm one day behind the rest of you this week). I have a lot of chest congestion today so this was really hard - I am breathing like a ragged monster at the moment. :) I was going to do it twice but I am not sure that is wise. I will do the B&G bonus abs in a bit. I may also do some Fluidity since that is more stretching than heart-thumping cardio. :)

Hope you all have a great day!!

Marie

Hi everyone!

Gayle have fun with drill max. My kids (age 5 and 7) joined me during the bounds and skips across the floor. They also tried the football drill and said "it's too hard".

Well yesterday I substituted my advanced jazz class for the run. Oh my goodness was it a hard fun class. The one hour class ended up being 80 minutes. We're working on a dance with stag leaps, fan kicks, barrel rolls, shenay turns, devloppe, hitch kicks and more. The teacher kept adding on and we were loving it. The music is very spanish, sultry and energetic. I melted into the floor during the stretches afterwards.

Today is B&G. This will be my second time doing it. I had DOMS for three days after doing it the first time so I'm a little apprehensive. I'm especially dreading the pizza move. It's funny how something that looks so simple can get so deep into the muscle.

Good luck!

Hi Ladies!

Today was Drill Max for me today. This is a real calorie burner for me - 589 calories!

Gayle - I have to agree with you - the 3rd drill with the ball was the toughest. I actually did all the squat thrusts today. I couldn't get through them all the 1st time. The overhead press in Drill #1 was a little tough by the third set. I had to go down to 8s. Otherwise, I use all of Cathe's weights which for this workout are more than enough for me. Although I might go up to 5# for the front and side lat raises on the ball. I also noticed by the 5th drill, I was starving and I had a banana before I started. I usually don't eat before working out but I was really hungry this morning.

Laurie: KPC sounds like so much fun. It will be a nice break from the new workouts.

Marie - Hope you feel better.

Deanie - I love the upper body work on the ball in BM2.

Alhambra - I'm so jealous. I haven't taken a jazz class in years and what you described sounds right up my alley.

Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Hello everybody!

I just returned from a 3 day trip and boy, do I need a workout:eek: ;( . I didn't have any way to follow the rotation while I was gone so I haven't done Monday's or Tuesday's workouts. I need to look over the rotation and figure out how I want to proceed. I won't be able to make up 2 workouts so I might do an HIIT on my elliptical today followed by an UB w/o. I was supposed to do LIC on Monday but I think I'll do it on Friday instead of KPC, which I don't have.

Well, I better hop to it! Take care everyone and have a great workout. :)

Hey everyone. I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday but I am still on schedule! It is DM for me today. It will be my 2nd time. I really liked it the first time.

Gayle, Good job on DM. I am an afternoon w/outer so I'll be doing it soon. I have noticed that I am hungrier too since I started this rotation. I have never really done too many circuit w/outs. I have them I just usually do cardio or the weights and skip the rest so maybe that's it for me.

Laurie, Have fun with KPC. I know I am missing kickboxing too. I think it is next week for me.

Deanie, Oh BM2 killed me the first time I did it but hey I made it through. Have a great day.

Marie, Good job on the w/out. I did that one yesterday and it seemed like a nice break from some of the longer w/outs on this rotation.

Alhambra, My son loved those moves from DM too! He was going the opposite direction from me and so we passed each other every time and would laugh. He pooped out on me though! (He's 6).
Enjoy B&G today.

Marcy, Good job with DM. How do you know how many cals you burn?

Michele, Hope you had a nice trip. Have a good w/out and don't worry about missing a couple of days. You'll get caught up!

Ok, talk to everyone later!
LD

Good Morning Ladies,

I took yesterday off since my body was just beat. This morning was Butts and Guts, but I only had time for butts segment. I hope to do guts tonight. I'm not feeling my best today and am wondering if I am coming down with something:(

Glad to hear I am not the only who thinks the 3rd drill is hard. It seems so simple but I definitely get winded during this one.

Gayle-thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one hungry all the time on this rotation.

Have a great day everyone.

Diana

>Hey everyone. I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday but
>I am still on schedule! It is DM for me today. It will be my
>2nd time. I really liked it the first time.
>
>Gayle, Good job on DM. I am an afternoon w/outer so I'll be
>doing it soon. I have noticed that I am hungrier too since I
>started this rotation. I have never really done too many
>circuit w/outs. I have them I just usually do cardio or the
>weights and skip the rest so maybe that's it for me.
>
>Laurie, Have fun with KPC. I know I am missing kickboxing
>too. I think it is next week for me.
>
>Deanie, Oh BM2 killed me the first time I did it but hey I
>made it through. Have a great day.
>
>Marie, Good job on the w/out. I did that one yesterday and it
>seemed like a nice break from some of the longer w/outs on
>this rotation.
>
>Alhambra, My son loved those moves from DM too! He was going
>the opposite direction from me and so we passed each other
>every time and would laugh. He pooped out on me though! (He's
>6).
>Enjoy B&G today.
>
>Marcy, Good job with DM. How do you know how many cals you
>burn?
>
>Michele, Hope you had a nice trip. Have a good w/out and don't
>worry about missing a couple of days. You'll get caught up!
>
>Ok, talk to everyone later!
>LD

I use a Polar F4 heart rate monitor. All of the new workouts are really making me burn major calories. Of course, they are all longer than most of Cathe's other workouts. Since I have started using an 8" step for most workouts (with the exception of IMAX 3), it really has made a difference in my calorie burn.

Hi Guys!

Just got done w/ DM. Went by a lot faster this time around.

I've been hungry too I noticed because usually I'm not. Good to know we're not alone.

Good job w/ DM Gayle! That 3rd drill is hard. And long it seems!

Hope you enjoyed KPC Laurie!

LOL Deanie! I think you're right about the football drill! You also know you're working your butt off in that one!

Marie, hope you're feeling ok.

That's awesome you take jazz class Alhambra! I was contemplating going back this year too. Your dance sounds so fun!

Great job w/ the squat thrusts Marcy!

Let's go Michele! You're slipping off the cardio train!! (just kidding)

Hey LD! Hope you enjoyed DM the second time around!

Hope you're not coming down w/ something Diana. If you don't feel well don't worry about Guts tonight. Just relax. (if that's possible for you) I know I'd probably do it anyway. LOL.

My bloodwork and holtor monitor test came back normal. Now I'm just waiting to hear on the EKG. Hopefully all will be well. I think I would've heard something by now if they found anything. We'll have to see I guess.

Have a good one ladies! Great job today!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hello again, ladies:

I'm wondering, what kind of differences are any of you seeing in your body? Yes, I know we're only at this rotation 1.5 weeks. :) I think I might be dreaming, but my hip area definitely seems slimmer and sleeker. :7 I swear I am not crazy - my $%^#! scale is depressingly the SAME, but I do think my body composition is already adjusting. I believe it's due to all of the lateral leg work in this series, which is DEFINITELY what I need (as opposed to many workouts that focus only on the forward/backward movement). Am I crazy?? Has anyone else seen any differences yet?

Marie

Hi Marie:

Haven't noticed anything yet. I took my measurements right before I started this rotation. I am definitely going to taken them at the end and I'll let you know. I hope I'm going to lose some fat in the inner thigh. That is always the hardest place for me to lose along with my pooch.

Marcy

Hi everybody... today starts week #3 of the 4-week Nov rotation for me... as usual, I start with the first workout after the rest day, so it was LIC for me today. Boy, that one puts me in a good mood!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.