November Rotation Check In FRIDAY 11/10

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning! Everybody rockin' and rollin' yet? It's FRIDAY!!! What's on the agenda for this weekend, everybody???

I was up at 5am (gets a bit earlier every day, lol). Did Drill Max in full for the first time and I loved it. Last night, the boys and I started a new class at the YMCA..Fit & Fun Family. We did relay races, and I mean HARD relays. Walking squats, leap frogs, travelling push ups, on and on. Both boys were dripping with sweat, and I was worked! LOVED IT!

This weekend. Saturday, I'm watching my neice, Vet's Day parade in the am (Jacob and my dad are in it), and planning on an early morning workout. Sunday, quiet and another workout. May take the boys swimming tonight.

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning. I have Drill Max also. I will not do it till after lunch, usual time. Thay class at the Y sounds like fun. I am going to check it out. I think it would be good for my son, who is already actyve but Fantastic for my hubby! Thanks for the tip. Have a great day and weekend! We have almost completed week 1!!!! ( Is that where you are at too Gayle?)
LD

Wow Gayle, you are active!! I think it's great that you are getting the family involved too.

I almost wimped out this morning and slept in but I thought of you gals and that got me up. A big thank you for that!!

Like I've said before, the workouts are too long for my schedule to be able to do a full one so I did a premix. However, even that was shortened because I ran out of time. I still feel like I got a great workout and my heart rate was up there on the drills that I did. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I'm just getting back to exercising after doing nothing for a year. Not sure why I got off the exercise wagon but I'm sure glad I'm back on it now.

I'm probably going to do B&G tomorrow instead of the planned rest day because I have to get up early anyway. Then I'll take a rest day on Sunday.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone. I'm not sure if I'll be as consistent with my check-ins on the weekend but I'll try.

Tracee

LD-yes....I'm finishing up week 1 as well!

Tracee-good for you for getting back at it. I have to agree...knowing that others are getting up in the wee hours of the morning with me really helps me with that snooze button (I'm down to tapping it only twice these days, lol).

I'm thinking of adding in heavy upper body weights tomorrow instead of a rest day. Maybe PUB, which is my fave!

I've got to head out the door for the morning. Have an awesome morning, and I'll be back to check in with everybody!

Gayle

Good Morning Gayle, LD and Tracee and All to follow!

Gayle, last night sounds like it was tons of fun! That's great you all being active together! Glad to hear you loved DM. I'm doing it for the first time too today.

LD, good luck with it! I know I need some! LOL!

Tracee, you're doing great for just getting back onto the exercise wagon. I end up doing premixes due to time sometimes too. I always feel worked out. Sometimes I think I HAVE to do the WHOLE thing or I'm slacking, but that is just not true.

Well I didn't watch Drill Max. I'm "just doing it". I didn't think I could do the B&G's bonus abs and I did fine with it! So I'm not about to wimp out of this.

OH! My bloodwork all came back normal. Now I just have to wait to hear about the EKG and monitor results. Hopefully sometime today I will. I did Hi/lo from SJP yesterday w/o any trouble. We'll see what happens today!

Good luck everyone doing DM for the first time today! "We Can Do It"!LOL!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Good Morning Everyone

Gayle...sounds like s fun class with the boys! That is cool about the Vet's parade. Good job with Drillmax!! And maybe PUB tomorrow....wow!!

Runnergirl...Have fun with Drillmax...I get to do it tomorrow...

Tracee...great job with the Drillmax premix! I remember times when I fell off the exercise wagon....but it seems after I found Cathe I have been going strong...

Kali...way to go with the B&G bonus abs...great news about your bloodwork...:)

I have KPC on the rotation but will sub with the KM punching & kicking drills and a 4-5 mile interval run.

Enjoy your workouts...:)

Good Morning All:)
I also had a hard time getting up this am- slept in till 6am, which is late for me. I like to be working out at 6, but I was up last night reading and couldn't wake up. Did B&G today- aarrgg!- I hope I can walk today, already have DOMs! I don't know about you all but I also feel alot of that workout in my thighs too! Ab work was great, I love the weights with the abs! Once again, last week I did the workout with 3# dumbells and 30# barbell and what a difference when using the same weights as Cathe!!

Kali, glad to hear good news about the blood work!

Gayle- that class sounds fun, I love being active with my boys!

Runnergirl- Drill Max is a blast, different and fun have fun

Tracee- I love premixes for just that reason! and doing something is always better than doing nothing!:)

Have a great Friday!
Deanie:)

Morning Everyone,

Today for me is B&G. Had a great run yesterday, the weather here was beautiful. Of course today has changed and we are expected to get some snow tonight. x( Oh well.

Gayle, sounds like that workout was a lot of fun. I could see my DD's getting into something like that.

This weekends activities include, ballet class for DD9, and my DD13 has a swim meet on Sunday afternoon. And of course we have Thanksgiving at our house this year, so I need to do some planning. I'm a list maker. :+

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning, everyone!!

As predicted, I ended up with a migraine headache after my dentist appt yesterday and spent the afternoon in bed;( . I didn't feel up to doing BMax 2 but I'll do it today since this is a rest day.

It's so encouraging to read how well y'all are doing with this rotation. You've inspired me, the founder of Cardio Hateville, to get in an extra cardio w/o this week:eek: (please don't mention it to anyone--it'll destroy my reputaion:7 ).

Today is my 22nd wedding anniversary and DH and I are going out to dinner tonight. I guess I better get going on that workout so I can cheat:p :7

Have a great day, everyone!!

Good morning everyone!

Happy anniversary.

I'm really feeling DOMS after doing B&G yesterday. Strangely my right butt is feeling it was more than my left.
This morning I need to clean like a wild woman as my sister and nephew (9 months old) will be here at lunch. Major baby proofing is necessary as between the lego and the polly pockets of my 5 year year old and 7 year old I'll have to be super vigiliant. My nephew is such a cutie. When you say no to him he grins and turns his head side to side to indicate no.

Later today is Low Impact Circuit premix 3 (assuming my DOMS have eased).

No more procrastinating...time to clean!

Have a good run Carole. I love the KM leg drills.

Hey Deanie! (wasn't that a song by Shaun Cassidy back in the day)?? LOL! I haven't done B&G's yet. Glad to hear you have DOMS already tho! })

Good luck w/ it Laurie. Sounds like you have a busy weekend on tap!

We won't tell anyone you're little secret Michele. LOL! Happy Anniversary! Have a nice time tonight!

Good luck baby proofing Alhambra! Hope your DOMS subside so you can get your wo in!

WELL I DID IT! I conquered Drill Max WITH NO MODIFYING!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing I didn't do were the pushups on the ball. I made it thru the rest! I feel so accomplished. I honestly didn't think I'd get thru this workout. But I was strong, and I prevailed!!! YEAH!

I am soooo grateful tomorrow is a rest day as I think I'm going to need it. I was feeling my muscles in the warmup after doing the stability ball abs last night!! I think I may be in some trouble later tonight and tomorrow ladies.

Have a good afternoon guys!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Kali - I'm glad you mentioned those push ups on the ball. I attempted one, laughed and went straight to my knees. I was still wobbly on my knees!! It's definitely something I'm going to work on. I noticed that the camera stays on Cathe the whole time and doesn't show the other girls doing them. Made me think that maybe it wasn't easy for them either.

Thanks for all the positive words from the rest of you ladies.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Tracee

Good afternoon, ladies!

Happy anniversary, Michele! That's so awesome. 22 years. I can't imagine, lol.

Kali - glad to hear that you got good results with the dr!!

Carole - why did you sub KM for KPC? Just looking for something different? I love KPC but have a high dread factor for KM...

Everyone else - have a great workout!!

Well, I just finished DrillMax. That was such a fun workout! I did crap out on the last cycle because I just had nothing left, lol. I did some reps but not all. Well, there's always next time!!! Hopefully I will be feeling this one tomorrow.

Yesterday ended up being a rest day for me (no surprise after a 12-hour day in the office and 3 hours commuting!) so I will do cardio and abs tomorrow. I might do a TJ or possibly Cardio Crunch Salsa, which I bought a while ago and haven't even taken the wrapper off! I'm such a video 'ho. :7

Marie

Good morning everyone -

Today was Butts & Guts. I didn't do the entire thing because I did Drill Max yesterday so I left out some of the lunges and firewalkers. Those outer thigh raises on the ball always get to me. And those hamstring roll-ins with the hip lifts were tough. I loved the ab work. I'm still feeling it. I couldn't wait for the stretch. You really need it after this workout.

Michele- Sorry to hear about your headache. Have fun with Body Max 2. Love the music. Happy Anniversary. Congrats on the extra cardio workout. I know you'll be in the Cardio Lovers club soon.

Kali - Great job with Drill Max. We have to work on those pushups together. Out of all the pushups Cathe introduced us to in this series, I think those were the toughest for me.

That's the end of week 1 for me. On Sunday, I'm going on a motorcycle run with my DH.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

Today was Butts and Guts for me. This workout really burns-in all the right places. I did use 10lbs for the walking lunges and the plie jumps and 5lb ankle weights. I love working legs and this was a tough workout for me.

Thanks for the motivation ladies. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Diana

HI everyone,

Today was Drill Max for me for the first time and I absolutely LOVED it. I can definitely see me using this one for a long time to come.
I didn't get up until 7:30 this morning so I did this as an afternoon workout and I really think I did 'better' because of it. I would love to workout in the afternoon all the time. I just think my body is better able to perform once it has had a few hours to warm-up.

Gayle--sounds like you had a lot of fun last night and have a busy weekend on tap. It's great that your boys are into fitness too.

Tracee--I love the fact that Cathe includes the premixes and I think her workouts are so tough that sometimes even 20 minutes is like doing somebody else workout for an hour.:)

Kali--Glad to hear your bloodwork came back okay. I hope you enjoyed DM as much as I did. I couldn't do the ball push-ups either.

Carole--Hope you have good weather for your run!

Deanie--I'm sooo looking forward to B&G for the first time Sunday. Sounds like it gave you a great workout.

Laurie--Good luck with B&G and getting everything done this weekend.

Michele--Happy Anniversary and don;t worry we won't tell anyone about your new secret love of cardio;)

Alhambra--Have fun cleaning and with your nephew and sister.

Marie--I know what you mean baout the last DM cycle. I was pretty wiped by then too.

Marcy and Diana--You're getting me scared for B&G :7

Have a great weekend everyone!

Well I just finished LIC premix 3. It took ~72 minutes...did it take you guys that long? I totally loved the fourth cardio segment.
My nephew (9 months old) is such a cutie. He now crawls with his one leg tucked in front of him and the other leg behind. If he has both legs behind him he stops as if what's going on...then puts the one leg in front (heel to groin, side of leg flat on floor) and crawls towards you. It's adorable!

I'm with you Kali. Those pushups on the stability ball are wicked! I did them on my knees as I was sure I was going to land on my face otherwise.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi,

I did the Butts part of B&G today as I did B&G stability ball abs yesterday. I have Drill Max on tap for tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Sounds like so many like DM and that mostly it's pretty doable. We'll see...

Kali, when you said Shaun Cassidy, my mind immediately went to David Cassidy. Talk about dating myself.

Michelle, did you get BM2 in? Or are you still celebrating? ;)

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.