Nov. Rotation Check In 11/08

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!
Today was Drill Max for me. Last week I used 3# and 8# weights and found it was not so hard, so today I used same weights as Cathe. Wow what a difference!! I had a great workout and am ready to face the day:)
Thinking of doing Bryan Kest yoga 2 tomorrow instead of 45 min run and stretch max(usually sub elliptical for run- have kids in the house and can't leave) not in the mood for the elliptical this week. we have a love/hate relationship- me and the elliptical:)

Kali- glad everything seems to be going okay with the dr. yesterday

Have a great day all!
Deanie:)

Deanie...good job with Drillmax!! I got my Elliptical a few months ago..so far I love it...trying to get my DH on it is another story...:)

I am doing an Elliptical workout and the bonus abs from B&G instead of a day off which is in my rotation for today..

Enjoy your workouts...

Hi ladies. I would LOVE an elliptical in my workout area. I don't think I can justify that cost when I've got so many house projects that I'd like to do! LOL

This morning, for me, was LIC. First time out on this one for me. I was really looking forward to it. I'm not sure, it may just be the CARDIO JUNKIE in me, but I didn't feel all that challenged. Any suggestions?

Have an awesome Wednesday!

Gayle

Hi everyone,

Today was LIC for me and I LOVED it. I agree with everyone else that the time just flies by. And the weight sections are just killer:7 I'm also still sore from BM2 on Monday. I had taken a few weeks off before starting this rotation to get ready for a move and I am really feeling that break now.:)

Deanie--I am really looking forward to doing Drill Max for the first time Friday. I think I'm going to back off the weights a little for my first time too.

Morning Everyone,

Today will be Drill Max for me also. I usually use the same weights as Cathe on this one. And the last time I tried this one my muscles where happily fried. }(

Gayle, the only suggestion I can give is that the arm movements in this one have to be BIG and you need to be touching the board when doing the circuit. That was the way I got my heartrate to increase. Don't know if that will help you or not.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning, ladies!

Today is supposed to be a rest day for me but I think I'm going to join Carole and do an elliptical workout instead. The big debate for me right now is deciding between steady state and HIIT. Unlike most of you I am not an intense cardio junkie but, I do love my elliptical and Coach Sean:+ . I have BMax 2 tomorrow so maybe I should stick with SS today.

Gayle, not that I would intentionally try to enable you, but an elliptical would be a very nice addition to your workout room}( :p .

Have a great workout, everyone!!:)

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm finding it great motivation knowing that you guys are doing this rotation. It helps get me out of bed in the morning. :)

I did LIC this morning and loved it. My arms and chest are feeling it already so I'm afraid of what I'm going to feel like tomorrow. I don't have time to do the entire workout so I did the 2nd and 3rd circuits because I had done the first one last week. I also don't have my dyna-bands yet so I had to improvise. Man, why do I feel like I come in here with a bunch of excuses???!!!

Have a great rest of the day.

Tracee

Good morning, fit ladies! I just finished LIC. I enjoyed this workout although I found the cardio in cycle 2 somewhat difficult. Maybe it's because I am just not crazy about around-the-board moves?? I dunno, I kept getting confused about what side Cathe & crew were on. :) I did enjoy the first segment, though (and didn't think there were too many v-steps), and LOVED the weight work. Gayle, I think it's probably best to go up to 8 inches on the step if your knees can stand it. I was on 6 and think it would have been more challenging in parts on 8.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Marie

Good morning,

I did LIC in full today, though droopy at first. Normally Tuesday night is my "hard" bike night and now that there is no daylight, I'm subbing Cardio Coach workouts. So did CC#4 on the bike last night and I'm tired this morning from it still. However, I made it thru LIC. Level 4 exertions really zap me and CC#4 had some that were 1 minute long. The sweat was a dripping on the floor. DH thinks I'm crazy, I'm sure.

Boy, this rotation is going to really get me fit! Good to have others to help motivate. Thanks for being here.

Jeanette

Good morning ladies. Today was supposed to be Drill Max for me but I got up late so it turned out being a rest day. Was a little POd, thought maybe I'd do a premix but I just wasn't in the mood for football drills and didn't think I could do a good workout. I even had all of my equipment set up last night and had previewed the whole thing. Oh, well. Tomorrow will be a real eat my wheaties day since I have Drill Max in the morning and 3 hours of dancing at night. Friday's supposed to be Butts & Guts but I might wind up just doing Stretch Max!

Have great workouts ladies.

Marcy

Hi ladies -

I got home really late from work last night, which means I didn't set the alarm to get up early this morning because I knew I needed my sleep. So hopefully I will get home early enough tonight to do my 20 min run and bonus abs from B&G.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Today was B&G for me. Boy am I feeling it. Not so much in my abs - yet - but my butt and legs sure are sore. I might do a slow walk this evening to help with the latic acid build up (and since today and tomorrow will probably be the last nice days we will have until spring)I burned 440 in a little over an hour. I might also do the the bonus abs for this dvd tonight - I might watch the bonus leg portion!!!! Its always nice to sit on the couch while you watch a workout!!! I cheated and weighed myself this morning (I usually only do it on Fridays) I was up a pound but I am trying not to get down - all this "hard core" working out Ive done this week I hope my body is just building mucscle - esp since last week was my rest week. Good luck on all the workouts - tomorrow is LIC or Cardio Fusion for me, depending on how the body feels (the other one I will do on Sat).

Hi everybody! Nice to see all the activity continuing again today!

Marie-excellent idea. I've been doing all these new workouts on 6" because that's what I'd been doing for over a year now. I noticed Cathe is on 8" but figured I'd stay with 6 till I got the foot work down! GREAT IDEA now that I think about it.

I think I'm also going to start wearing my HRM once again. I got away from wearing it a year ago during my marathon training and I was starting to focus on those numbers TOO much. But, I think I'll wear it for these workouts to gauge how each one measures up for me.

And who is enabling me??? HUGH? LOL. I don't need the expense of an elliptical, but is sure would look NICE with everything else I've got! LOL

Gayle

p.s. You ladies ROCK!!!!!!!

You ladies are scaring me a little bit on Butts and Guts. I haven't previewed that one and leg work is my least favorite to do. I think that's on the schedule for me on Friday so I have some time to prepare myself. Yikes!

Hi Guys. Great job EVERYONE today. HIGH FIVES!!!

Well the monitor is off THANK GOODNESS (what a pain that was)and I should hear from my doc by Friday. Unless they find something, I'll hear sooner. (let's hope not)

I just got done w/ LIC. I hadn't done the whole thing til today and was thinking, this is going to take forever, and it FLEW by! I loved it! And that was the 1st time I ever used my Dyna band! What a fun workout!

Tomorrow I will do a cardio and the bonus abs from B&G. I didn't even preview that yet! I'm a bit scared too!

Have a good afternoon ladies!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Today was LIC for me as well. I liked it but didn't find it quite as challenging as BM2. I also did it this morning and I usually workout in the afternoon so I kind of felt draggy since I am not a big breakfast eater. I will be back to my normal afternoon workout tomorrow which will be a run and abs. So far I am really liking this rotation, and I can't wait to try DM on friday!
LD

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad I decided to join a check in. It's nice to hear what everyone has to say about the new workouts.
This morning was Drillmax for me. I did like it, but not as much as I like LIC. I used 8" since that's what I always use. I did end up lowering to 6" for the the last section. Just didn't have enough uumph in me for the squat thrust tuck jump on the step etc.

I too recommend an elliptical. I use the elliptical several times a week at a rec ctr near my work. I usually do HIIT since it makes the time go by so much faster.

Diana

Good afternoon everyone!
Monday was Drill Max...so far no DOMS!
Yesterday I had my advanced jazz dance class. This worked as an excellent substitute for the run. My legs got an excellent workout as we were working on technique...lots of plies and 'devloppes'.
Today is rest day...hurray!
I'm looking forward to B&G tomorrow as it's the only new one I haven't done yet.

I JUST FINISHED THE BONUS ABS ON BUTTS AND GUTS. I REALLY ENJOYED THEM. I AM SURE I WILL FEEL THEM TOMORROW!! IT IS A GREAT ADD ON TO THE WHOLE DVD.

Day #1 of week 2 of the 4-week Nov rotation underday today... LIC premix #3 (UB circuit)... my HRM said 65 minutes, not the 55 1/2 they have listed, I believe that may be the mistake Chris mentioned on an LIC premix.

Night....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.