Not in great shape, but getting there-March 13th

amybajamy

Cathlete
Hey everyone,

Well my son's party went really well yesterday. Do any of you have a Chuck E. Cheese where you live? It's a pizza place with all kinds of games for kids. It was a really loud and hectic place, but we all still had a good time. We were there for 3 1/2 hours and Conner had a blast.

I'm still sick. This cold is kicking my butt. I didn't exercise at all yesterday and I'm not going to today either. Hopefully tomorrow. I've had a bad week as far as eating especially yesterday with the pizza and birthday cake. I didn't lose anything last week and wouldn't be surprised if I've gained a pound by now. I've got to get back on the diet. I was doing so good for 2 months and now the motivation is waning. Only as far as eating though and not working out. I've been loving working out again and I'm really missing it these last few days.

So what are the workout plans for you guys this week?

Hi Amy- You sound pretty down. When I feel that way, I try to set a game plan to get back on track. How about if you write a fun but challenging rotation for yourself to do as soon as you've been able to get through a day with no meds and minimal nose blowing?

We have Chuck E. Cheese here in Maryland. We went there for my grandson's 3rd birthday last summer. He had a great time playing games and dancing on "camera."

As for my workouts, I was a slacker last week. I only got 3 workouts in and, because I went to a conference and hosted a party at my house last night, my eating habits have been pretty horrendous too.

Spring bring lots of conferences and celebrations for me, so the challenge is to get through it without putting on weight. So far the scale has been rather forgiving. My goal is to get 5 good workouts in between now and Saturday morning, when I leave for my next conference. My wedding anniversary is tomorrow and celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a good Irish dinner is a must. Unfortunately, the conferences I go to tend to serve great buffet meals...and I have no will power when it comes to great food lying before me! At least the hotels have fitness centers and pools and I love to swim. But, I also have lots of friends who are going to want to hang out--and eat and drink in the evenings...I'll workout extra hard this week and then hope for will power the following 8 days after that.

So, my line up for this week is: 4DS KBX, SH CB, 4DS Bootcamp, B&G, BMX2 (Cardio Premix). How about the rest of you?

Amy, posted to you on last weeks check in. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Lor, Happy Anniversary!!

Lib

Lib,

Where is your summer ready rotation? Is it in the rotations forum because I couldn't find it?

Lori,

Did you get your 5 workouts in? Good luck with the buffets. I don't know if I could handle that! Happy Anniversary!

I'm feeling better from my cold, but I still have a nasty cough and I think I'm getting a sinus infection. I'm planning to work out starting tomorrow though. I'm afraid it will cause coughing fits, but I gotta try, I haven't worked out for a week and a half.

Have any of you guys done kettlebell workouts? I haven't, but I've been looking into it. It looks like fun and looks like a good workout. I'm going to try to go to a sporting goods store this weekend and check out their kettlebells.

Well I'm going to go to bed now. Have a good weekend!

Lib,

Where is your summer ready rotation? Is it in the rotations forum because I couldn't find it?

Amy, I uploaded it into the workout rotations section. Not sure of a link for that, but if you go to workout manager its there, It's called Summer Ready, has 3 months worth of workouts, and has a recovery week for it. However I just purchased gym Style legs, and may add that for my leg work for the first month, not really sure yet, forgot how good that one looks! Just in love with the results BG has given me!

Hi,

I was thinking we could start a new thread once a month instead of weekly since we don't actually have that many posts and there seems to only be 3 of us now. I could start the new thread on the 1st of the month. Does that sound okay?

I bought a kettlebell on Saturday. I bought a 20 lb, but I think I need a 15, I can still use the 20, but it's too heavy for some things. I ordered a kettlebell workout DVD, I'm still waiting for that to show up in the mail. The kettlebell came with a DVD, but it's instructional and then has a really short workout, so I haven't really gotten into using the kettlebell yet. Once I get the DVD I ordered and the lighter kettlebell I'll be able to really get into it. It should be fun, I'm excited.

Lib,
I didn't realize there were rotations on the workout manager. I need to check out the wm more, I've only been on there once. I tried to download your rotation, but it didn't work. Is there a way to just view it? Have you done GS legs yet? Get ready to burn! Especially with the slow motion lunges at the end. Those are killer.

Have a good week.

Amy, I love WM!

I haven't done GS yet, I just got it at the end of last week. Wasn't going to but one of my clients reminded me how great it is! I'm looking forward to doing it! I have to swap up my rotation some this week, as I wont have my weights on Friday, as I will be out of town. But here's the rotation.
Once a month sounds great!

Month 1 (Weeks 1-3)
M GS Chest and Tris + Ab Ripper X (ARX)
Tu LIS/ cardio (kenpo X, depending on mood)
W BG (which will become GS Legs + ARX
Th Yoga X
F GS Back, Shoulders, & bi's + ARx
Sa LIS/P90 MS Sweat 5/6
Su X Stretch

All recovery weeks
M Yoga X
Tu HHA (hip hop abs)
W YBB (yoga booty ballet) Booty/ YBB Core
Th Yoga X
F Core Synergistics (from P90X)
Sa P90MS Sweat 5/6 or Kenpo X
Su X Stretch

Month 2 (weeks 1-3)
M Supersets
Tu BG or LIS
W Muscle Max
Th Yoga X
F Supersets
Sa BG
Su X stretch

Month 3 (weeks 1 and 3)
M GS. Chest and Tri's + ABX
Tu BG
W MM or Drill Max
Th BG or GS legs
Fr GS Back, Shoulders and bi's + ABX
Sa LIS/or other Cathe cardio
Su X stretch

Month 3 (weeks 2 and 4)
M Supersets or Drill Max
Tu BG
Wed Drill Max
Th High step
Fr Supersets or Drill max
Sa BG or GS Legs
Su X stretch

With doing Drill Max instead of supersets, it will incorporate enough cardio that I wont have to add extra cardio that last month, which is good as cardio isn't my favorite, and hoping by then the weather will be nice enough that I will be able to run and swim a lot more.

Hoping I can stick closely to this, as my landlord has informed me that I need to be out by the end of April, he's selling the land, and my new place wont be ready until at least August. So, not sure where I will go in the mean time. Was planning on staying here until my new place is ready, but he's pretty sure it will be done by the end of next month. SIGH. He's been an awesome landlord, and I have dreaded leaving here all along, but college is in my future, and dont want to drive more than an hour each way for classes.
Hoping he will actually let me stay until the end of May, as my boys are in school here until the 23rd of May.

Have a great day!
Talk soon.
Off to do a conference with a client and then bed, have to stop by the college tomorrow so have a long day ahead of me.
Liberty

Oh yea, week 4 of month 1 and 2 would be recovery weeks, and week 5 of month 3 would be a recovery week.
lib

Hi Liberty and Amy,

I've been out of touch for a while, but finally got back from my string of conferences. I did gain a couple of pounds so now I'm going to be working hard to get it back off!

I like the way you do your rotations Liberty! I usually set mine up two weeks at a time. I guess because I'm still pretty new to Cathe workouts, I feel like I improve every couple of weeks and am ready to up the ante. Here's what my rotation looks like for this week and next (days with no workout are ones that my schedule doesn't allow for one):

Week 1
M 4DS KBX (71)
T
W BMX2 (warmup, step combo 1&2, Upper weights, Abs, Stretch) (65)
Th
F KickMax (70)
S BMX2 (same as Weds) (65)
Su
Week 2
M 4DS KBX (71)
T BMX2 (Same as above) (65)
W Weights & Plates Abs/Stretch Max (40)
Th Pyramid Upper (57)
F Drill Max (72)
s
Su S&H (Chest, Back, Core) (59)

Sometimes I find I'm really liking or not liking something and then I tweek the rotation midstream.

We've got beautiful weather in Maryland today 70 and sunny!

Have a great Friday!

Lori

Gosh, I just realized it's the 2nd of the month and I said I was going to start a new thread on the 1st of the month, so I'm going to start a new thread today and I'll label it with yesterday's date.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.