Not in great shape, but getting there-Feb 13th

amybajamy

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

Well, it's the weekend, yay!

I've been in a really bad mood today, but I exercised and I feel a little better. My foot has been really bad all week, so I decided to do weight lifting only this week and skip the cardio for now. My foot is actually feeling a little better today, but I decided to still take a break from the higher impact stuff and do weights only. Today I did 4DS legs and both ab routines from B&G. Tomorrow is going to be Gym Style back, biceps, and shoulders. I haven't done that one for a really long time, so it will be practically like a new workout.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hello!

So sorry to hear about your foot, Amy! I hate when I get into a good workout groove and then an injury slows me down. I bought a new floor for my workout space in my basement this time around and it has helped a lot. I don't have any of the normal knee/shin/hip pain that I normally would have with all this jumping around. I bought 7/8 inch rubber interlocking tiles. I looked at the 1/2 inch ones but I didn't think they would do much shock absorbing. I am really glad I went with the thicker ones.

I had a great week last week. I lost a couple of pounds and got in all my workouts except for the last STS which was supposed to be today. I started it today and got about halfway through it but the migraine I had yesterday came roaring back while I was doing the workout so I called it quits. I could deal with the throbbing but once I started feeling like I was going to throw up I was done. I was hoping that the migraine would subside over the course of the day so I could finish the workout but no such luck yet :-( Oh well, them's the breaks!

Yesterday I treated myself to a massage. It was wonderful! I figured I deserve it after all the hard work I have been doing. And more good news...tomorrow is Valentine's Day and for the first time in years I am not bitter that I am not going to be eating chocolates and other sweets! Usually every year I am barely able to resist but this year I just don't care. Maybe I am finally starting to make some lasting changes! That is SO exciting!

I hope everyone else is had a good week too. Liberty, Lori, lovetocamp, MC - I'm looking forward to an update! Have a great weekend!

Hi Lisa,

So sorry about your migraine. Do you get them often? I've only had a few, but I got really nauseas with them and they were horrible, so I feel for you.

Congratulations on your weight loss, getting your workouts in and feeling in control over Valentine's Day! I had a good week too. Here's to lasting changes!

Lovetocamp, Lori, and MC, I look forward to hearing from you too.

Hi All!

Sorry to hear about your foot Amy! Lisa, if you are a regular migraine sufferer, we have something in common. Migraines suck!!!

I had a great week up until Saturday. I had lost 1.5 pounds and workout a lot between Cathe workouts and snow shoveling. Saturday I woke up with a migraine that lasted most of the day. Skipped my planned workout. Weighed in four pounds heavier! Maybe it was the two pieces of pizza and valentine's strawberry cake, but I think it was mostly just my cycle that always adds weight and gives me a migraine!

Finally, yesterday, I was able to spend an hour doing KPC/L&G circuit...what fun! I'm going to try to workout at least four times this week, but it's going to be a crazy week since I was off, due to the blizzards, all last week.

I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles. I have migraines too so I can relate. Must be the time of year for them. Mine has been too bad for jumping around, noise or light so here I just joined the group and haven't exercised yet. But, the good news for today is that I visited the Dr today and I've lost 8 lbs since Christmas. woo-hoo...I'll take it. And, it gave me a starting weight for my workout manager so that is now populated. I just have to measure.
Feel better just knowing I'm taking the steps to begin again. :)
Melody

Well I totally blew my diet yesterday and I'm supposed to go weigh in at weight watchers tonight. :( They had all this food at work yesterday and I'm having stress in my life right now due to husband's job and car problems, so it was a bad combinationa and I blew it. Getting right back on the wagon today though.

Liberty, I'm so glad you found us! Did you really lose 77 pounds?

Melody, sorry about your migraine too. Have you been able to workout yet? Congratulations on your 8 pounds. Are you doing a specific diet?

Lori, did the snow finally let up? How much did you end up with. Good luck getting your workouts in.

Have a good day everyone!

Getting back into a regular routine finally. back up to 10 pushups without pausing. YAY!

Amy, yes I've lost 77 lbs, and kept it off for almost 3 years now. I'm actually underweight some, but once I build up my muscle again, it will put the scale higher, and drop more of the body fat. How is your foot doing?

Have a great day all!

Lib

Liberty,

Do you do those pushups on your toes?

Wow, 77 lbs, congratulations! I remember you had said you were underweight now. How would that be? That's something I know nothing about, LOL! How did you do it?

My foot is not so great, thanks for asking. I'm going to go back to doing cardio now but I will avoid the high impact stuff. My podiatrist told me it will take about 3 months to get better, but surprisingly he told me I can still workout. He told me if I haven't seen an improvement in 6 weeks to come back. That will be the middle of March.

Happy Friday everyone! I'll start a new check-in thread tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

Hi, ladies! Sorry I didn't check in much last week... it's been a rough 10 days or so for me because I've been working long hours (including on weekends!) to make up for the 4 days (32 hours!) of work that I missed when Maryland was hit with those stupid snowstorms. Plus, I'm back in school and I've been buried under an avalanche of homework when I'm not at work!! God, I cannot wait until March (thankfully only 9 days away!) because then things will calm down a bit. Plus, my diet has been nothing short of hideous this week (this is what happens when I leave my thin husband in charge of procuring the vittles while I work late and do homework!). Blech, I cannot wait for semi-normalcy again on that front!

Amy - sorry to hear about your foot acting up. I didn't catch what is wrong with it... did you break it at some point? I'm considering getting the GS DVDs at some point, but I think that, for now, I've spend enough $$ on stuff I don't use, so I'm putting that off until I feel I've "earned" it. Also, I'm having really bad wrist pain for about the last 2 months that has only gotten worse despite wearing a brace at night, babying it a lot, massaging and icing, and a 10-day course of high doses of ibuprofen... so I'm going to the doctor for it on Monday, 1 March. But of course if I cannot tie my shoes without wrist pain, I don't see myself pumping iron with Cathe any time soon. :( How'd you do at your WW meeting? Did you go? I really need to get back to them, but I know I've gained at least 10lbs since I last went, and I *hate* seeing the look of disappointment on my leader's face when I gain ONE pound, let alone TEN or more!! :( Boo to weight gain.

Lisa - Ooh, I loved interlocking tiles over concrete in my old workout space... it helped me so much! I miss them... here in this house I have a stupid carpeted basement (a rental, so I can't fix that) that nothing seems to stay on well, but I DESPISE working out on carpet. Sorry to hear about your migraines! I've been a migraine sufferer for about 10 years, and they SUCK!!! I get really bad light/sound sensitivity and horrible nausea. I finally found a prescription medication that works well for me, but that's only been in the last 5 years... for the first 5 years, I'd get 2 migraines a week-- each lasting 3 days. It was pure hell, and I'm so grateful that's not my life anymore; I still get them, but only about twice a month now, and the medication knocks the headaches out within a few hours, so it's a vast improvement. Have you tried medications (triptans)?

Lor - You, too? I'm so sorry to hear about your migraine. I always got them around my cycle, too, so I'm on the 3-month-at-a-time birth control pill, which has really helped me. Great job on the initial weight loss... I'm sure it'll stick, once Aunt Flo's "extra luggage" subsides! :)

Melody - Congrats on the weight loss! :) Sorry to hear that you get to join this little group of miserable migraine sufferers... hopefully yours goes away soon!!

Liberty - Congrats on the yoga! I can't determine if yoga relaxes me to such an extent, or if I find it so boring that I'm half-asleep by the time it's done. I desperately want to like it, though, so I'll keep looking! :) I really want to try the Namaste Yoga DVDs next to see if they tickle my fancy... I love watching it on TV, the narrator's voice is so peaceful!

So, tomorrow (Saturday), DH and I are going snow tubing in York, PA with a group of friends... I'm so excited! It'll be nice to relax a bit after the 60-hour week I've had and just have some fun. :)

Hope you ladies have a great Saturday! I'll work on posting more frequently than once a week! :)

MC

I should, but I usually dont, I had neck surgery a couple of years ago, and still worry about it. I usually do about 5-8 then drop to my knees.

I'm underweight because of the stress of the divorce. I just stopped eating. Which isn't good. But, I'm working on it.
I hope your foot is better by now!

Sorry haven't been on much. Been really busy.
Lib

Liberty,

Do you do those pushups on your toes?

Wow, 77 lbs, congratulations! I remember you had said you were underweight now. How would that be? That's something I know nothing about, LOL! How did you do it?

My foot is not so great, thanks for asking. I'm going to go back to doing cardio now but I will avoid the high impact stuff. My podiatrist told me it will take about 3 months to get better, but surprisingly he told me I can still workout. He told me if I haven't seen an improvement in 6 weeks to come back. That will be the middle of March.

Happy Friday everyone! I'll start a new check-in thread tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.