Not in great shape, but getting there-April 1st

amybajamy

Cathlete
So I haven't been doing well lately with getting in my workouts. Three weeks ago I had a bad cold and didn't workout at all, then the next week I got some workouts in, but not nearly what I wanted, and then last week I got the stomach flu. We've been passing illnesses around my house. Now I have a sinus infection, but will start working out tomorrow. I also haven't done well on my diet, I've gained a couple of pounds. I just haven't had the motivation lately.

Your rotations look great. Wow, Lib great job fitting in workouts 6 days a week! I only manage 4 days a week, but I do try to fit in alot each day. At the moment I don't have a rotation because I'm going to start working out with my kettlebell and I don't know what to expect in terms of which muscles will have DOMS, so I don't know where to put in my upper and lower weight work, so this week I'm going to play it by ear in terms of what to do when, then next week I can set up a rotation. I know I want to fit MMA boxing in somewhere, I LOVE that workout.

Liberty, have you had any luck with your housing situation?

Lucky you Lori, wow 70 degrees! We've had more snow the last couple of days and it's been cold again. The week before we did have some days close to 60, which was so unbelievably nice. It's amazing how even 50 degrees can feel warm when you've been used to 20 and 30.

Well I need to get back to work. Have a good day.

Amy,

So sorry to hear that you've been sick! Hope you're feeling back up to par today so you can try out Kettlebells. I've been wondering about the kettlebell workout, so please let us know how it goes and how it ranks with Cathe workouts. Been patiently waiting for MMA and Travel Fit to come out on downloads. I thought they were going to be released in March, but still waiting...

Well, I'm off to go do Body Max 2--I love LOVE love it!

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm mostly better, but I have this cough that just won't go away. It didn't keep me from working out though. I did kettlebells on Sunday and Tuesday, I did 4DS upper body on Monday and I also did 4DS lower body on Tuesday. The kettlebells are really fun! It's quite different from what I'm used to and I would never replace Cathe workouts with kettlebells, but they are a nice addition to my rotation. It takes practice to get good form with the kettlebells, but it's fun to have something new to learn and a new challenge to work on. I have a Lauren Brooks DVD and a DVD that came with my kettlebell. I really wish Cathe would put out a kettlebell workout, that would be the best of both worlds!

I hope you get MMA and travel fit soon. I love MMA boxing and fusion, but I haven't done the kickboxing yet. Travel fit will be an awesome workout for you when you're traveling.

Have a good day!

Yes, I'm getting Travel Fit this Friday!!! It perfect because I leave down for Denver the following Thursday :)

I'm starting to think about investing in STS Meso #1 and then I'll probably get the Shock Cardios to go with it...It's a big investment, though, so I'm still thinking :)

Lori,
I would love to get STS! I think you should do it!
Let us know how travel fit works for you while you're traveling.

I have been so freaking sick! In my last post I said that I was getting better, but had a cough that wouldn't go away. Well, I ended up getting sick again. I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. I have such horrible coughing fits and I had a fever for 3 days. I'm back to work today, I can't quit coughing and I'm so tired. I've missed out on exercising AGAIN. I haven't worked out for over a week and I don't think I'm going to be able to much for a few days still because of this cough. Talk about getting derailed! I've been pretty good about my eating still and I'm continuing to lose weight though at kind of a slow rate.

When I do get back to working out I'm going to do kettlebells and MMA boxing for sure! I've really missed my boxing workout.

Have a good rest of the week everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.