+++No Sweets for May 8th+++

SheWolf

Cathlete
Morning Sweeties,

Eatin' was good yesterday! Yaa!
Today was cardio and once again I was in no mood to run. So I did Cardio Fusion but mixed up the order, did drills first, then BM2 finish combo, BM2 intervals and finished with LIC bonus cardio.

Hello Sweeties!!

So far so good today with eating. This morning was super duper busy at work. I am hoping the afternoon is calmer. Today is a rest day for me-YIPEE!!

Linda, I hardly ever think of doing cardiofusion. I always forget that I have it lol!!

Missy, are ya hanging in there girl?

Waves ta ta exiting out of thread
[font color= purple size=+3]Catherine[/font]

http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/fit_fairy

http://69.89.25.157/~extremf4/forums/images/smilies/chinup.gif

Hey Sweeties!
How are ya? This morning I did 4DS Kickbox cardio and abs for the first time in a long time. Tonight I'm thinking either ME or MM.
Yesterday's eating was not too bad, other than the two granola bars that I had (one kashi, one not so good). Still hanging in there with no sweets otherwise.

Missy, how are you doing? I read your post from a couple days ago and I totally understand how you feel. I've had breakdowns like this as well. I think once it happens you just have to let it go and move on. I find the more I beat myself up over it, the more junk I end up eating. Plus I find all of you ladies really help. Hope you're hanging in there Missy

Catherie and Linda, I don't have Cardio Fusion, is it worth getting even if I have all the full versions?

Maggie

Maggie - It's probably not worth getting cardio fusion if you have all the originals, there is nothing new in it. You could easily mix & match from your full versions to do the same thing, especially if you have a 5 disc player. CF just saves the hassles of swapping discs. HTH?

OH BTW, I just need to vent. I purchase myself a laptop with my birthday money and it arrived today! BROKEN!

You guys, thank you so much for your support and words of advice... you really do have no idea how much they mean to me. :D I did fantastic yesterday, and I am so proud to report that! I kept running into the kitchen looking for something sweet but didn't have anything (because I ate it all on Tuesday), so today is much easier. I must have looked like I crack fiend who just ran out yesterday - I am sure that DD wrote a poem about me in her journal last night! LOL
I am happy that we are here for each other.

Linda, I would be livid about the LT!!! They had better replace it. Who did you order it from, what model is it? DH is a tech; I will see if he has any kind of input.
I think that I am one who is all or nothing, too. I can eat some chips and stop, no problem. Same w/ fries and other salty snacks, but give me just 1 cookie... and then one more.... it is almost like sin, ya' know? It creeps little by little so you barely notice it and you are still feeling good. Then all at once it feels like you are swimming in it and you feel like you had no idea where it came from.

Catherine, I love your new avatar! And my daughter loves the purple, :p I feel the same way about callouses on my hands - in fact, I was just looking at them yesterday thinking "man, you can tell I work w/ my hands all day". You can tell by looking at my wedding band, too, and I DO take that off to work out. I am hoping that your foot is better.

Maggie, ME is probably my favorite total body w/o from Cathe because it is so darned fun! I love MM, too, but ME just has more energy to it for me. I ought to pull it out again soon.

Today I did RTTC w/ a set of 20 push ups and 15 kettlebell swings in between each segment, so my arms are cooked! I also added an extra set of lat rows during the back track. It is amazing, I did BBC for two or three weeks and I was lifting WAY heavier weights today, and still had room for more. I love that feeling! Eating has been great today, too.

Question: who are your favorite cooks? I have been watching the Food Network a lot lately for new ideas and I can't make up my mind who I like - though I can tell you who I DON'T like - Paula Dean, just watching her prepare food is enough to put someone into cardiac arrest! :p I need some inspiration, guys, so who are your faves? The fam isn't picky and will try anything :) TIA

Missy

Missy, my favourites on the Food Network are Nigella Lawson, Jamie Oliver,and Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa). I have a lot of their cookbooks. Nigella's Forever Summer and Nigella Express are great and all the Barefoot Contessa books that I have, I really like. Some of Jamie's recipes are a little out there but he's always been a favourite of mine. I find him very entertaining. Unless you haven't figured it out, I love cooking! I find it relaxing. I'm not much into baking at all which is a really good thing, otherwise, I'd be in trouble ;-)

Maggie

I really love to cook, too! There is just something about it - almost like you are creating something even if it was someone else's idea. My favorites to make are lasagna, burritos w/ chipotle, green chili (tomatillos, poblano pepper, jalapeno, honey, lime, cilantro), variations of shepherd's pie... :9 I am making myself hungry - already! I just finished up a lentil stew I made. I really like Giada De Laur..., yeah, her, but I don't want to have a cookbook that is strictly one kind of cooking. My kids love Barefoot Contessa - well, I should say they love the desserts! ;)

Jamie Oliver... is he the English cutie? I think that I have seen him cooking over an open pit once. I haven't seen Nigella, I will look for her and plug her into the tivo! ETA I guess I should ask what kind of food does Nigella create - I mean, it isn't in the same realm of Paula (my fave) as far as frying is it? And are the ingredients she uses pretty easy to find at the grocer?

Missy

Maggie - I decided the broken LT was gift from God. 1. Because I prayed for patience and 2. because I have a really really busy weekend ahead of me and he knows I will have no time to play with a new LT. Anyway, I have a friend that is really into computers and he recommended Toshiba and said I should stay with Windows XP for now, so here's the link to the one I ordered from TigerDirect.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3618298&CatId=3449

Would love to hear DH's opinion!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.