No sweets - Jan 21-Jan 27

Rose11

Cathlete
Hi all! Today was a good day considering it was my allowed cheat day. I had some high glicemic foods, but in small amounts. Tomorrow I will get back on track. My scale is playing tricks on me. I lose 2 lbs, then I gain them back, then I lose them again. The final verdict will be at the end of January. My goal is to lose at least 3 lbs we'll see. How are you doing?

Sunday was a good day for me too. I can't wait until the end of the month to see the changes in total weight, energy, body noticeable differences, etc. On Sunday, I had whole wheat toast, peanut butter and banana for breakfast. I had chicken salad, orange, 5 ritz crackers for lunch and for dinner I had wholewheat pasta, sauce and turkey meatballs and a salad. I usually drink water with all meals and have fruit for a snack. I am just getting my day started today, so I hope to make good choices today as well.

Good morning ladies. I had a good day yesterday (ate well and did a great workout). Today is my scheduled rest day and I tend to cheat on those so I have to watch out what I eat. Have a nice day!

Today was a little stressful. I can't believe that I didn't grab a candy bar or something. Maybe I am just conditioned now. After a day like today, I feel like I deserve a treat though. I just decided to "check in" with my partners instead. I hope you all had a great day.

Hiiiiiii ladies! Can you tell I'm excited to post?

I have a question, have your coworkers, relatives, friends, etc. noticed your body changes? This is soooo weird. Yesterday 4 different people told me I look leaner and today 1 person told me. It's so weird cause I see myself everyday and I notice that my body fits differently in my clothes but I've been losing and gaining the same two pounds this month. Now, what is that?! I weigh myself twice a week because it reminds me that I have to stay on my diet and that I have to exercise, and I know we gain and lose water everyday, but it's just crazy. You should see how surprised these people look when they see me. I'm thinking wow I've lost nothing and they're acting like I've lost 50 pounds or something lol.

Anyway, Affirm I can definitely relate with you on your stressful day yesterday. Most people hate Mondays and I hate Tuesdays because I have a lot of things to do and my day usually ends up 2-3 hours later than other days of the week. Not to mention traffic on Tuesdays. Those days I wish I could just snap my fingers and go wherever I want to be without getting in my car. Either that or owning a helicopter. :p Since Tuesdays are so stressful and it's usually my rest day I started a new thing yesterday. My lunch break is 1 hour and a half so what I did yesterday was walk for 30 mins. I took several stairs, then I walked, then more stairs, etc. I did a couple of intervals with that and the coolest thing is that people had no idea I was exercising. That was my little secret. Then after that I had my lunch and it helped me with my stress too. I can't say I ate 100% clean though. I'd say more like 88% clean, but I'm doing great so far today. I've noticed that once I have a little bit of ice cream or something sweet I can't stop. I think my addiction to sugar is bad. I wish I could just taste something sweet, satisfy my craving and be done with it without wanting to eat the whole thing. I wonder if I'm ever going to be able to do that, meanwhile I just have to avoid them altogether.

Catherine, a leg workout + chinups yeah! Way to go!

Stay strong ladies! January is coming to an end. :)

Rose what a wonderful compliment you have gotten!! You obviously are doing something right. Personally, I think I tend to see more of my flaws in the mirror than the improvements- you know what I mean? I guess we a can all be our own worst critics.

Anyway, so far doing ok today. I have a tuna fish sandwich and apple for lunch. Plan a large salad for dinner. I so wish I was wealthy and could hire a chef to fix gourmet clean meals for me LOL!!! Maybe I should play the lottery more.

Catherine

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/fit_fairy

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

>Rose what a wonderful compliment you have gotten!! You
>obviously are doing something right. Personally, I think I
>tend to see more of my flaws in the mirror than the
>improvements- you know what I mean? I guess we a can all be
>our own worst critics.
>

I know what you mean. I see that my saddlebags have diminished, but at the same time I want to have bump free thighs and that's not happening. As I'm getting older I'm starting to appreciate what I have. I spent so many years of my life wanting to have a perfect everything (body, face, hair, job, partner, family, etc.) and I didn't accomplish much. I've learned how to be patient and to do things the right way. Life is a one shot deal and I can't waste time picking on my flaws anymore. I do what I can with them and worry about things that are more important.

>I so
>wish I was wealthy and could hire a chef to fix gourmet clean
>meals for me LOL!!!

Me too. :)

The day is going well so far. Breakfast was peanut butter on whole wheat and grapes. Lunch was chicken and coleslaw. Not sure what dinner will be yet.

Rose, I know what you mean about wishing you could just eat a little bit of sweets to satisfy the craving. I also feel like I can't stop, once I start. That is what my goal is to be for the 2nd month of the challenge---to just be able to eat a little and be satisfied (a couple of times a week).

My stomach is definitely flatter. That is usually what makes me look slimmer and people will notice. I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for the last 6 months of more and I am determined that this time it is lost for good.

Ladies...just a few more days to go!! It appears that each of us is interested in focusing on "limiting our intake of sweets" for the next challenge. Sometimes I feel that can be harder than no sweets because once I start the junk, it it so hard to not have another snack or something else the next day and the next day.

This challenge has definitely kept me focused.

I had an early cheat day yesterday which means I'm eating clean today and during the weekend. I've been very busy so I couldn't exercise for a couple of days (including yesterday), but I'm resuming my workouts and I'll be kicking my own butt for 4 days straight. I'll take my usual rest day on Tuesday. So far today I've been eating super clean and healthy and I hope it stays that way. Wow those candy jars at work are tempting huh? I had some caramels and bubble gum yesterday afternoon and it was a downward spiral for the rest of the afternoon and evening with my sugar intake. Sugar is like a drug to me, once I have some I can't stop. x(

I turned down apple dumpling with french vanilla ice cream today! I almost took one bite, but thought, no don't do it. So still get to look forward to my cheating this weekend.

Rose, I hate it when life gets in the way of my workouts but it happens. So what kind of butt kicking workouts do ya have planned??

Yesterday I did S&H triceps and biceps. Today I did BM2 cardio blast premix. Saturday is REST!!!

Catherine

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/fit_fairy

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Today I did pyramid down of Pyramid upper body. The pyramids is still one of my favorite Cathe workouts.

apple pie and icecream----OH NO!! I don't know if I could have resisted that. It is truly my all time favorite when I eat out. Kudos to you for staying focused.

Today my veggie intake was not good at all. I have to eat plenty of veggies over the weekend.

Hi ladies I'm back! Today I did the same Drill Max (cardio only) + PS: SL&A (standing) + abs + Butts & Gutts (floorwork & stretch) that I did last Friday. Tomorrow I take a yoga class. On Sunday is kickboxing for cardio and PS: CST. And on Monday it's LIC (cardio premix)+ PS: BBA + additional stretch session. Tuesday is my active rest day. I'll do my 30 mins walk + stairs intervals at work. That's it so far. I need to plan the rest of my workouts for the week and I can't workout next weekend because I'm going to be very busy so the rest of next week has to be intense too. My diet today was better, but I still had some room for improvement. I'll do better tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.