No Sweets 1/14/06

Week 3 thank goodness! Today I had my weigh-in and I gained the 2lbs I lost. I need to think that this is muscle because before my weigh-in on Thursday I didn't exercise for 4 days (Friday-Monday), I ate tons of crap, and I lost 2 lbs. After Thursday I ate cleaner, I exercised, and I gained them back. Oh well. I still want to lose 3-5 lbs in January.

I just had some ice cream (half a serving: 60 calories), but I've been eating clean besides that.

Catherine, I have really odd ways to get my fruits and veggies in. In the morning I have 3/4 cup of cereal with milk (I only change the brands but it's usually cereal for breakfast). I add a bit of fruit to my cereal. I also eat a small sandwich (I take one slice of multigrain bread, add sandwich spread, a little cheese, turkey ham, and I add romaine lettuce, sliced cabagge, sliced carrots, tomatoes, etc. then I cut it in the middle, and make a really small sandwich), or I can have a small multigrain burrito with the same ingredients, and that's two servings of fruits and veggies right there. My other big serving of veggies is at dinnertime. I've been doing this for more than a year now, 1/4 of my plate is carbs, 1/4 a protein, and 1/2 veggies and fruit (mostly veggies). You get at least two servings in there. Add whatever you like: steamed veggies, fresh veggies, both, you can also add a side of mandarin slices, grapes, etc. whatever you like. Of course you need to add something for a little flavor. Add whatever you like taking calories and fat into account. I prefer fresh spices, extra virgin olive oil, and a tiny bit of vinegar, but you can add whatever you like to give your salad some flavor. If you do that you'll eat 4 servings total in a day and you can add the other one (I think we're supposed to eat 5 a day) at lunch or as a snack. I actually have 3 full meals and 2-3 snacks daily. My snacks are around 100-150 cals each. I hope this helps.

I am still hanging in there. Week 3 has finally arrived. We can do this! I have lost a total of 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. No junk food and more fruits, veggies and less starchy food has been my focus. I have been able to workout about 40 minutes 5 to 6 days a week.

As for the veggies, I have been cutting up red, yellow, orange bell peppers, carrots, celery and just eating them for snacks and adding them to a salad. It is so easy when everything is washed and sliced and ready to go when I want them. I have plenty of fruit so I can have something different for each meal duirng the day.

In addition to my daily snacks, today I had a milky way mini (38 cals), one fig cookie (about 40 cals), and a serving of ice cream (120 cals, ugh!) the rest of my diet was clean though. Since my week starts tomorrow *officially* I think I will go with absolutely no sweets (no ice cream, cake, cookies, chocolate, etc. even if I'm getting smaller servings and less calories) from T-F and allow myself to cheat on weekends. Of course I will have my daily oatmeal cookie with soymilk as a snack, but I'm talking about adding sweets when I eat my 3 full meals. Today for example I had the milky way mini and the fig cookie with my lunch and then I had the ice cream for dessert at dinnertime. Bad bad! I'm adding calories to my daily intake! So I will have my normal 3 full meals and my allowed snacks and I won't add any additional sweets or junk food. On Sat and/or Sun then I can have maybe a small serving of ice cream or something sweet with one of my meals. I hope this works. I think I need to go to sugar rehab.

Today is my first day of absolutely no sweets. It wasn't as bad as I thought.

3 of us? Hopefully not. This is a good thing to do!

Rose---did you say 3 of us. Where is everybody! I had a good breakfast and lunch. Dinner was take-out (tacos from Chipotle). Not good for me, but definitely good to me. No sweets today though.

Hello ladies. Day 2 of absolutely no sweets. I still have dinner left and maybe a snack, but I don't plan on eating any sweets on either. I don't have time to post later so I wanted you to know I'm doing really well on my no sweets challenge this week. Tomorrow morning is my dreaded Thursday weigh-in. :eek:

I can't believe there are 3 of us! What happened?!

Checking in... (Thurs Jan 18)

Day 3 of no sweets yay! But I didn't lose a poundx( my weight is exactly the same. Again I'm thinking is muscle because today I wore a 3/4 sleeve top and everybody told me how defined my arms were looking. Hopefully I'm not losing weight because I'm gaining muscle. I can't think of anything else because I'm eating super clean and I'm exercising. I'm not craving sweets or junk food either. Today my dinner was 100% vegetarian! woo hoo! I was so proud of myself. The week is almost over and even if I don't lose a pound at least I can see my triceps. :)

Rose,--what an awesome compliment---defined arms is something every woman loves to hear.

I guess it is just the 3 of us. I have been feeling great these past few weeks. It is amazing what "not filling your body with junk" and eating for veggies and fruit can do for you.

No sweets again today.Lunch was chicken salad (with a little non-fat mayo), toss salad and grapes. Leftover grill porkchops and beans and fruit for dinner. I did the upper body premix of Muscle Max today.

Catherine you already had two early cheat days so that means that you must eat clean during the weekend. :)

Affirm you're doing awesome.

I had an early cheat day today too. It was going to be on Sunday, but I cheated today during the day (I'll keep the details to myselfx( ). However my dinner was super clean and I did Drill Max cardio blast followed by really tough leg work and ab work (I mish moshed PS: SL&A, with Butts & Gutts floorwork and I did some abs too). That's what I get for cheating early.

One more day ladies and this week is OVAH! Stay strong!

It was tough but not as long as I thought (I skipped the warm-up and floorwork of PS: SL&A then I did abs and I ended with B&G's floorwork and stretch). Tomorrow I'm doing yoga (I'm going to need it).

Omg! I love that premix of LIC. This month I'm doing a PS rotation so I'm using short cardio premixes with it. Last week I did the warm up and step portion of Body Max 2. Wow! I previewed that one at least 3 times before attempting it and to my surprise I got the choreography on my first try. Have you done that one? It's so much fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.