Monday's "MELTING" Away!

RE: Monday's

Well, my goodness. Everyone must be moving pretty slowly this morning!!!

Talk about slow -- that was yesterday for me. I actually had free time in the afternoon and didn't know what to do with myself. LOL! I did finish the watercolor. Believe it or not, the rocks turned out pretty good. But there's something about the painting as a whole that just doesn't work. Nothing really "grabs" me. It's not quite bad enough for me to rip up and throw it in the trash though.

Thanks for everyone's kind words yesterday about my parents. I appreciate it!

Is it time to go home yet? ;) Once I get there, today is a cardio day. I still need to keep it to low or no impact. Not sure what I'll do. It's a toss-up between Low Max and CC 5. Maybe my CC 8 CD will arrive today. Then I can do that!!!

Okay... BBL to see who's decided to show up.

Hello Deb and Melters to Follow;

I have today and tues off from work and I'm truly joyful and grateful not to be there today. My Mom always said vacations are like medicine, they don't work unless you use them. I told them it was going to be ME time and it will be. Might go out for breakfast and a walk, then get cleaned up up and head out.

The rain has ended here for now and it's alot cooler than it was on Friday. The boys are enjoying the breeze in the house and hearing the birds.

BBL

Hi everyone. I have to call my orthodontist today about a bracket that came loose--hope they can fix it. I also have some errands to run but I'm hoping to run them all in the big air conditioned mall.

Gotta go soon to take second kid to nursery school, so I'll bbl.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hi, I'm back..

What was I thinking? Having a puppy is like having a 2 year old or younger, but one that puts everything in his mouth, and boy can he run fast! I finally got an I-Tread in this morning..first workout in a week. I will post pics once I figure out how to do it.. DH uploaded some to his camera softwear on the pc but I can;t get them over here for some reason. Not like copying and pasting, or doing that "properties" thing you can do from a web site.

Leanne:
I can't believe you started the weekend thread, being on the West coast! Everyone must have been sleeping in or enjoying the lovely hot weather! Too bad about the fat testing not going well. I'm like you, I would not have been able to hold my breath etc.. I say go for the DXA scan! My DH is oblivious to most house messes too. He is pretty good about doing laundry, but clutter is another story! When will your BIL be moving in?

Shelly:
Sorry to hear about your crappy day.. keep positive thoughts about your sister, if this is early it should be ok and the more positive she feels about it, the better it will be. I firmly believe that. Damn those machines...can you figure out if it is a certain part and try to fix it yourself? I would hate to see you miss out on the RT.

Tneah:
I am worried about you and that spell you had...I think you are right and it must have been low blood sugar, which means you are not eating enough!}( I bet those pics are gorgeous and that you have not gained at all!..I hate people that think they are the internet police! Couldn't she just skip over your post and go to the next one if she was so bothered by it? sheesh!

Shannon:
Good that you could do GSL without hurting your calf. Do you use all dumbells and no bar? I have started "avoiding" leg work that has anything using a bar.. not sure why. I think I will start subbing all DB's instead..thanks for the idea! I feel so bad for your parents...all that work and looking forward to retirement, to have it derailed..I hope they get through this quickly.

Kristi:
You and your DH are amazing to even attempt that challenge! It's nice that you can do this together.

Jennifer:
Is the call about a different job? I am sending you good luck vibes {{VIBES}}!..be careful on that site.. a cyberspace wink is ok but just watch out.. I have a friend that married someone from one of those sites, long story but it was a distaster..just want you to be careful!

Kara:
Nice that you had a good visit with Colin...and even got a workout hike in!

Lainie:
Well how do you do it?? with 2 little ones, trying to clean and workout in between naps, errands, taking them to school etc! I am exhausted and I only have a 10 week old puppy! I am bowing down to you as I type!:7 Which Rockford are you going to? We were just in Rockford Ill.

Have a great day!

DEeb

Good morning, all!

I slept in until 6:30 this morning, which was wonderful! I never did take that nap yesterday, and was dragging myself around the house all day. DH has final exams this week, so he was able to sleep in until 7:00 this morning, and he'll start summer break next Tuesday.

Today Power Hour is on the agenda, and I might also add in some kettlebell work to play with my new 20-pounder. I was supposed to meet one of my friends from work for lunch, but he canceled on me, so I'm just going to relax today at home and be lazy. What workouts will everyone else be doing today?

Are those heat spells that some of you are getting any better? Yesterday it was chilly and gray all day here, and it looks like today will be the same way. Odd weather!

Deb -- Sounds like Keegan is really keeping you busy already! Are you going to keep "Keegan" as his name? I can't wait to see photos! Did you try posting them to Picture Trail or somewhere like that first? I know -- wasn't it shocking that I got the weekend thread going? ;-) Yes, I'm going to spring for the body scan just as a one-time thing to see where I'm at. I figure that once I get it done, then I can use the info to calibrate my scale at home. BIL and the in-laws will probably be out here sometime after June 20, when their house closes escrow. I'm so distraught about the whole thing! :-(

Shelley -- Are you OK today, babe? I'm worried about you since you didn't check in yesterday! Even if you don't feel like chatting today, hopefully you can just pop in to let us know you're doing alright! :)

Jennifer -- Glad you have some nice things planned for your days off. How great, too, that you might have met someone on Match.com.

Shannon -- I was like you yesterday -- I was home alone all day and didn't know what to do by the afternoon! I was also tired and resisting a nap, which made me a bit listless. Glad you got the watercolor done and like the rocks! I bet it looks really good. Hope that your mom is feeling more upbeat, too! :) Definitely stick to low-impact today.

Lainie -- Ug! How frustrating that that bracket came loose. Hope you find some good stuff at the mall. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Kristi -- I'm so glad to hear that your training went smoothly yesterday! I'm still in complete awe that you and Todd are doing this. What a test of your athletic skills and endurance! All those new DVD's you ordered sound great. Be warned: that Leg Blast Premix on B&G is a KILLER! }( Those dance workouts sound like they'll be fun, too. The play we'll be seeing is Shakespeare's _All's Well that Ends Well_. One of our wonderful local theatres does a summer Shakespeare series of three plays in their outdoor theatre, which we go to every summer. It's in this beautiful large park called Balboa Park, which is where the San Diego Zoo and all these wonderful museums are located. We love to go see plays down there since it also gets us out of the house and keeps us from being too lazy on the weekends. ;-)

Kara -- How are you doing today? Are your neck and ankle still bothering you? Hope not! Putting a row of tile along the backsplash sounds like a great idea. Oh, you have to see _The Jerk_ if you haven't seen it yet! It's really funny!:+

Tneah -- When does Mitch get back from his trip? I love your philosophy about reading -- that it's best to just laugh and enjoy things that make us have a good time! :) I know exactly what you mean about the whole body image thing. It's too easy to obsess over working out and eating. I hope that you took yesterday off from working out -- and that you didn't feel guilty at all for doing so. Have you tried the new yoga DVD? I may do that one today later on since I already feel like I need some bliss today!

Is Robin back today?:) We missed you!

Good Morning All!:)

Deb, Hey new mommy!I know what you mean about trying to figure out how to post pics that are off someone else's camera! I am the exact same way.:) I'll bet Keegan is keeping you on your toes. Is he getting along with Kelsey, or is she just tolerating him at this point? How cute would it be if she kinda took over the "mothering" aspect? Ahh, so cute. Puppies are sooo much work, people do not understand that alot of times I think. I remember Georgie requiring constant care and attention, well he still requires constant attention and care!:7 Glad you got a workout in though. Will be looking forward to Keegan updates.

Jennifer, enjoy your days off, it sounds like you have a fabulous day planned!

Shannon, I just downloaded Coach Sean's volume 8 and plan on trying that today...you guys made such a fuss over it on the OD how could I resist?:p Keep it low impact chica, want that calf to be okay. I bet your painting is beautiful, I cannot count how many times I have painted over something I was working on...people always comment on the texture of my paintings, which is so funny to me, its simply all my past mistakes built up on the canvas!:p

Lainie, oh no! How did it come loose? That is frustrating, especially considering all the pain you are going through, have fun in the mall today...are you guys going to put air in your house so you are not roasting all summer?

Hi to everyone else this morning, Robin should be returning right?

Well, thank goodness I feel more alive this morning, boy was I wiped out yesterday!:eek: I fell asleep at 9:30 last night and woke up this morning at 7! Geez. But am ready to try out my new cardio coach, I am like Deb though, I like having the numbers to guide me like they have in itrain, but we will see. I also have the pyramids (upper body) to do as well. BBL to chat of course...

Leanne, I had a feeling we were posting at the same time! The Shakespeare sounds fabulous, I used to go to a festival in Ashland Oregon when I still lived in Seattle, it was so much fun! Sounds like you were kinda draggy yesterday too. Wow, I hate days like that, I do not like feeling lazy, my DH always tells me to just go with it and relax! He will be back today thank goodness.Oh, I downloaded the Red Carpet Ready Workout and ordered the versaslide things...I actually might give it a whirl...its kind of a circuit workout using these things that look like those furniture movers.

Anyone want a copy of the RCW let me know and I will see if I can send it to you?

Morning~

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm alive. Mostly. I'm lurking, so wave occasionally:)

Hello Everyone.

Just woke up from my cat nap with the boys and it was great. They are very supportive on stuff they do well.

Yes, I will be careful with Match. I dated alot from them a few years ago and got tired of it. Being that my profile is still out there without me and still getting some activity.

Shopped for my niece, Morgan, for her 2nd birthday. I will be flying back two weeks from today from New York. She has plenty of clothes, but the toy thing is weak especially dolls and learning tools.

BBL

Hi,

Here is my attempt to upload from Pictue Trail.. I hope this works

320660490.jpg

320660492.jpg

Yea..it worked....isn't he a little peanut?

Oh my gosh, Deb! Keegan is just ADORABLE! He and Kelsey look like little stuffed animals sitting there like that. What a cutie pie! Oh, he's going to keep you busy, but he looks like so much fun!

Shelley -- Thanks for checking in, even though you're just lurking today. Sending you HUGE {{{HUGS}}}!!!

Jennifer -- Sounds like your day is going well!

Tneah -- I saw your post about downloading Cardio Coach, and am glad you got it to work. All that talk of how great it is makes me really want to try it, but I don't have a cardio machine to do it on or an iPod (pathetic, huh?). Let us know how you like it! I've been curious, too, about the Red Carpet Ready workout. What does it involve? I'd thought about ordering it, but I'm so bad about doing workouts on my own. I'd love to take a peek at it, though, if you wouldn't mind and if that's not un-kosher. How cool that you used to go to the Ashland Shakespeare festival! DH and I have been talking about going to it for years and years, but it looks like this summer will be another summer without going b/c of the whole BIL moving in thing. :-( Glad you're feeling better today, too! Maybe it was just the Sunday Blahs yesterday and being home alone that made us both feel lazy and listless! Glad that we're both back on track for today!:)

Hi,

ok I am gettting a little frustrated here... I put those 2 pics of Keegan & Kelsey on this thread, but can;t put them on another one.. who is really good at this? I used Picture Trail and it worked fine for this thread, but all I get when I tried to do it on another thread was the actual jpeg info with extension etc.

aarrgh!

Deb

OMG!:) I love Keegan! That puppy keeps you on your toes doesn't he? You can tell he is something else.:7 Thank you so much for posting, your yard looks beautiful too! Do Kelsey and Keegan get along okay?

Shelley, thank god you checked in, was starting to worry about you. :) Just sending you a hug....

Jennifer, my friend did the match.com and met a bunch of weirdo's so you be careful okay?

Leanne, Yes of course I will send the workout to you. Its basically a circuit type of deal, three total body workouts each week, three cardio workouts -30 minutes of interval cardio that is...it looks "easy" but than again, it might not be, looks can be deceiving right?

Ok, I just had my protein shake and am ready to try the cardio coach.

Leanne, I just sent you the file, hope it opens up for you? Let me know if I did it right...

Deb, wish I could help you! Shelley could though...Shelley, paging Miss Shelley computer genius!:)

Deb - is it another thread on this forum? Are you right-clicking on the picture, copying the address and then pasting that into the thread? Or are you using the image tag listed underneath?

If it's on another forum and you're using the right click method, it could be that the forum you're on doesn't allow hotlinking (which is what that's called). So you'll have to copy the image tag, which should be listed under your picture, or you can go to the menu tabs across the top and click on "Image URLs". There should be one listed for Forums.

Hooray for Shelley, our resident computer genius!:)

Tneah, I just emailed you back and the file came through. Thank you SOOO much for sending it! You are always such a total and complete sweetheart! Are you going to try the whole program? I might print out the nutrition part and read it later. I hate working out without a DVD or something fun to motivate me. I'm such a baby that way.

Just finished Power Hour, which was fun. I threw in some kettlebell swings after some of the sections to get my heartrate up a bit more.

So if any of you like pina coladas, I'm having THE BEST shake right now. (Cover your ears if you don't want to be enabled! ;-))Last week I had to order more protein powder, so I bought this Syntrax powder in Caribbean Cooler flavor, and added in some soy milk, a frozen banana, and some frozen pineapple chunks, so it has this wonderful pina colada taste. I feel like I should be sitting on the beach in Mexico right now!;-)

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.vitacost.com/Syntrax-Nectar-Whey-Protein-Isolate-Caribbean-Cooler

I'll also post those protein pancake recipes later today for Kristi.
:)

Hey again,

If anyone is interested, I just got an email that Ann Taylor and AT Loft are doing another Friends and Family event this Thursday through Sunday. It's an extra 30% off everything! The on-line coupon code to use is 10701101. If you want to shop in actual stores, you need to bring the print-out in, so PM or email me and I can forward you the coupon itself.:)

Hi everyone... oh my, I'd better get busy on the personals!! Nothing exciting has happened today at work, which is a good thing. "Exciting" usually means trouble, you know? The day is half over, so I'm that much closer to cardio time!

Lanie - good luck at the orthodontist. I don't envy you at all.

Deb - Keegan is adorable!!! You know he's worth it... but yep, I know what you're talking about. My mom just found two stray kittens, just about 3 or 4 weeks old, and boy is she busy "nursing" them!! Yes, I use dumbbells only and like it much, much better.

Leanne - didn't I tell you that you'd be sleeping in before long? Good for you! Our real heat is yet to come. We've been in the upper 80s to lower 90s lately, but pretty soon true summer will arrive. Upper 90s to 100s, with massive humidity. Oh, the massive humidity is already here, by the way. x(

Tneah - what did you think of CC 8? I hope you like Coach Sean! I guess in one respect, working in oils might be better, since you can actually paint over your stuff. In watercolor, it's much harder, since the paints are transparent and each layer shows through.

Shelley - I'm waving at you!!!!

Hi, all,
Just stopping in for a quick "hello." I was up early to see DH off to catch a flight to Dallas; he's already back on the plane home, so he'll be home mid-afternoon.:) :)

My DDs and I are working in Vacation Bible School this week -- they are doing preschool, and I'm doing crafts. I forget each year how pooped I am when I get home from that. It also always makes me thankful for the age my girls are now. I think we are all going to take a nap. I'm hoping to find the energy for one of the GS UB workouts + ME abs later.

I'll read everything you've all said so far & BBL.

Shelly:

It's really strange because I am trying to post the same 2 pics I posted here on another thread in this forum, and it won;t post the pics, just the address line etc. I have tried both ways!

Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.