# # Monday Melting! ##

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Wow did we have a busy thread this weekend! Today I did Gym Style Chest & Triceps.. Wowza! those push ups are a killer }( . I did them on my knees, I can;t even do 5 "real" push ups.. but I did all the sets..so I felt pretty good about that.

Leanne:
Hope you had a nice relaxing day and were able to get some beading in.

Shelley:
Is this a friend of yours that makes these comments? I think I missed a part of a post that explained it..

Tneah:
You sound like you have really done well with the eating..nice menus.

Lainie:
How nice of you for updating the compendium! Yes..I just did the combat interval pre-mix and I think it was those helicopters that got my ceiling! I will try the reg kickboxing, but I really wanted a pre-mix with both...something under an hour..

TK:
I will try the kickbox part on another cardio day..I am glad to hear you got DOMS from the combat part and I did the core work too so we will see!

Have a great day!

Deb

Goodmorning Deb. Yeah, those push-ups are tough. I can manage them on my toes, but I take l-o-n-g breaks between sets and they aren't pretty like Cathe. I'm a little nervous about Absolute Kickboxing after hearing about your ceiling. My ceilings are only 7 feet high. Oh well, it will be a couple months till I'm kickboxing again and I don't have the workout yet, although with everyone raving, it's on my list.

Work should be busy again this week. We are short today and I'll be covering two workstations. Later this week, I'll be attempting one of the new tests we just started, then on another day I'll be learning the other new one. Keeps me young, right?

I'm hoping to do CCv2 and some weight work this afternoon. I'm thinking of using the weight work from CTX as this weeks rotation.

Hi to all the rest of you melters. I'll try to get back later to see what's going on in your lives. Melt On!

Morning all. Just wanted to say hi before things got too hectic.

Deb - yes, it's a friend of mine who makes the comments. Thankfully, she didn't make any yesterday.

Robin - when is your surgery scheduled?

Okay, must run!

Happy Monday, Melters!

Well, we can try, can't we? :p I need to check back on the weekend thread to see what's going on. Sounds like we were busy!

My measurements are back where they're supposed to be, finally, but no miracle losses! Not that I expected any. Oh well. Back to clean eating after a fun weekend with my friend... and a grilled panini for lunch! Mmmmmmm. :9

Yesterday I took my dog on a nice, long walk that included a big hill - the first I've tried in a very long time. AND I did GSL with fairly heavy weights. I did half of the calf raises but decided to play it safe and stop there. Guess what? NO PROBLEMS! I'm so excited!

Today my schedule tells me I'm supposed to do Imax 3. I may try using the elliptical for the blasts, like I did with Imax 2 a while back.

Deb - I've got the Gym Style upper body work lined up this week. Tough, isn't it? But I really like it a lot!

Robin - I'm pretty sure Shelley's ceiling is just 7 feet too - it was low when I was up there to visit. And you know she adores Absolute Kickboxing! So I'll bet you'll be fine. I hope your workday isn't too terrible!

Shelley - well, you didn't leave me much to reply to... so I'll just say HI!!!

Good morning Melter's!

I have a special prayer request this morning. My dear sister is facing a difficult situation at work today with a new boss. He seems to have it in for her. She just went through a divorce after 30 years of marriage and every area of her life seems to be in shambles right now. On top of these life altering events, she also has MS and I constantly worry that the stress she is under will provoke an attack. She's doing quite well under the circumstances but she's pretty down and depressed and I don't know how much one person can take, quite frankly. Anyway, I'm rather worried about her today and I'd be grateful if you could remember her in your thoughts and prayers.

I have cardio on my schedule for today. Once again, please forgive me for this totally self absorbed post. I'll have to come back later for personals -- I have a lot to do today and I better get started if I want to get it all done. I'LL BBL.

Cuz!!! Please tell your sister I'm thinking of her, and sending her the very best. She sounds like a very strong lady, and I know she'll make it through, especially since she has you to support her.

Here's a {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}} - please pass it on to her.

Hi everyone,

Well, today is a back-to-work day for me. I actually don't go back to teaching until next Tuesday, but today I need to start preparing all of my materials for the spring semester. I'm teaching some new stuff, which will create some extra work, but it's always nice to change things up a bit.

I'm supposed to do 4DS Bootcamp today, but I may make today my rest day instead of tomorrow so I can get more work done at home and then head in to campus tomorrow. I went way over my calories yesterday, though, so I may need to do some exercise today to make up for it!

Deb -- Congrats on the push ups!! Hooray! You should feel great about that! Do you have those push-up handles that everyone keeps mentioning? I'm thinking about getting some.

Robin -- Yes, isn't it nice to have the house to yourself, but then have the family home again?! It sounds like you have a hectic day at work! Hopefully it won't be too busy for you!

TK -- Hope you enjoyed the pizza! I'm half-Italian and my mom and grandma were the best cooks, so pizza and pasta are really hard for me to give up. Aren't those DOMS a good feeling?! I'm doing a 4DS rotation right now so I don't have a lot of space for extra cardio, but I'm hoping to try Christi this week or next on one of my extra cardio days.

Tneah -- How did the rest of your rest day go yesterday? That ice cream sounds heavenly! Glad that you took a break since you've been pushing hard this week!

Lainie -- I hope that you get more info about the Compendium. It would be great if it were updated!

Shelley -- Glad that the "friend" didn't make any nasty comments. She could keep her hard drive intact that way, right??!}(

Shannon -- Take it easy with IMax 3 today! Don't overdo it!

Michele -- I'll be sending my good thoughts and prayers your sister's way! {{{HUGS}}} to you both!

Hi to all that follow! I'll check back in later!:)

Hiya melters! What a weekend. I didn't eat cleanly at all. Mom made me a pound cake for my birthday. The name says it all. "Pound" cake. I didn't eat but one piece though. I also went to dinner with DH and had a pretty clean meal: grilled shrimp and Israeli cous cous, but the appetizer AND desert (chocolate cake with ice cream and fudge sauce) wasn't too clean. Good thing I split it with DH. But it was my birthday so I'm not feeling guilty. It's a new week, and I'm ready.

Deb: I also do pushups on my knees for the most part. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Though I do have fun doing them with my knees on the stability ball too.

Robin: Sorry work is so busy. You have such a great attitude about it though!!

Shelley: Hope you feel better!!

Shannon: Congrats on the good measurements. I'm jealous!! Hope you have a fun workout!

Michele: I'll say a prayer for your sister. I'm sorry she's having such a tough time. Your post wasn't self absorbed at all!!! It's so sweet of you to worry about your sister and ask that good vibes be sent her way. You're a good sister.

I'm a bit late checking in today; I got to sleep in until 8am because school is delayed 2 hours today (and Ewan's class is canceled, which is just a morning thing). There was expectation of a big snowstorm so they delayed school, but not much happened after all. x( I'm disappointed, if we're going to have a partial snow day, we should at least have nice snow. I also usually end up spending the day at home (except for bus stop runs) on delayed days, which would be easier to take if we had lots of snow out there.

Anyway, I'm currently evaluating my health. Throat is still not quite up to par, a bit of a headache last night but not today. So I am good to go to start my 4DS rotation finally today. ***Happy dance!***

TK, of course now I've said I'm going to update the Compendium I have my work cut out for me don't I? Eek! Yes, I will mention it here when it's done and up on my blog.

Deb, I usually do push-ups on my knees, too. I can do about 4 on my toes. I didn't even try on my toes for a few months because of the ankle issue, so it's nice to at least attempt them again.

Robin, I can't speak to the ceiling height issue because my house was built in 1868 and has those high Victorian ceilings--I am in more danger of hitting furniture or my TV because I have a fairly small living room where I work out. I do manage in the small horizontal space pretty well with Abs Kbx.

Shelley, I think I'll send your package out tomorrow, since I am at home all morning waiting for school to start late today.

Shannon, glad to hear your calf is doing so well!

Michele, I will keep your sister in my prayers--what a lot of trouble she has at once. I have a cousin with MS, so I know how uncertain it can be with that as well.

Leanne, I'm so happy to finally join you on the 4DS rotation. I'm excited to wear my LIS outfit today, too. :D

Hello to everyone who follows. Better finish getting Isaac ready for that late bus pick-up.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Greetings:)

Busy weekend, I was pretty chatty huh?

Deb, Guess what? I can do regular push-ups-25 to be exact, but detest them because they hurt my lower back even when I keep my abs sucked in, so I just do them on my knees. Since I have such a large chest, I have never really "gotten into" chest training, I prefer incline flyes to target that upper chest area.

Shelley, have a great day!

Robin, your work sounds so interesting, have fun manning two workstations today Supergirl:)

Shannon, yippee on your calf, so glad its almost back to normal.

Michele, of course I will keep your sis in my prayers. My DH's brother has MS too, I know how frustrating it can be.

Stephanie, yummy! Glad to hear the birthday went well, and I don't think you ate bad at all. Besides it is your birthday and chocolate cake-any kind of cake is fair game!

Leanne, I really wouldn't sweat those extra calories, it seems when you lift heavy your body just naturally needs a few more for "repairs". Its cool that you are a teacher, what grade do you teach again?

Lainie, hey you! Glad to see you can finally get back into the swing of things, still waiting for bloodwork results though. And let me know how you like your new outfit.

Today is a bike interval workout, will pull out my spin bike. Yeah I have one, and no, I never use it! I used to go to the spin classes at the gym and would push myself so hard, but at home? Not the same. Maybe if I turned out the lights to create the "spin" atmosphere or something. I also have some weird Johnny G spin workout that I do, but this guy is very strange and annoys me, maybe I will slap on my ipod and get it going with Coach Sean instead.;)

Oh crap!! Its Interval Max today, I thought it was a cycle workout for some reason.I am afraid, very afraid....

BBL..if I can make it to the computer:eek:

Hey melters. I forgot to setup my weights last night for my planned 4DS leg workout this morning so since I already had Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio in the disc changer I did that instead. Actually she's a good Monday workout because you can't help but be happy after working out with her.

Oh, I forgot to tell you this. When I was on my little shopping trip on Friday I saw a pair of heels in DSW that, no lie, had legwarmers sewn into them. I better get knitting. It's coming back!

Deb: In a weird sadistic way I kind of enjoy doing all those pushups in GS C+T. I do them all on my toes but about half way thru my arms aren't bending to the full 90 degrees (getting better though). I get serious core DOMS from those pushups the first week of a GS rotation.

Robin: Our ceilings are only about 7 foot as well. Drill Max with the stability ball is difficult so I sub a medicine ball instead. Lesson learned regarding the ding in our ceiling: don't ever engage into conversation a tall person in your living room holding a snow shovel if said person talks with their hands. :eek:

Shannon: Yay to your continued success with your calf. Hope you wore your dog out on that hill too.

Michele: So sorry your sister is having a bad time. To be troubled with so many things at once must be overwhelming. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Stephanie: It's well known that calories consumed on birthday dinners don't count. }(

Leanne: I'm in my 4DS rotation too and my weigh in on Saturday showed a .1 loss (that's point 1!). By rights it should have been more but I swear that 4DS causes water retention in the first couple weeks. At least that's what I hope. Enjoy your rest day.

Lainie: I read in the news today that they were bracing for quite a storm up north. We've been very lucky that Delaware gas largely escaped most of the snow this season. Enjoy your 'kinda' snow day anyway.

Tneah: I've never done a spin class but would love to try sometime. I realize it's hard cardio but is it all quad work or do they do something else to target other areas of the body?

I'm back! Not only do I have PMS, I have a cold. Yay for me!

Shannon - I'm so happy to hear that your calf is surviving all your workouts!

Michele - that was the most UN-self-absorbed post! And of course, I'm sending all sorts of positive thoughts your sister's way.

Steph - don't you know that birthday cake doesn't have any calories when it's YOUR birthday?

Leanne - you had a nice, long break! Are you looking forward to the new semester?

Lainie - I'm glad you're feeling better and getting back on track. There's no rush on the package!

Tneah - I'm jealous that you have a spin bike! I've done spinning a few times and just loved it. How was Interval Max? Did you survive?

TK - I've seen those heels with the legwarmers sewn right on! They're hilarious, aren't they?

HI Melters-

Are we all having a great "Wonderful Day" ?

Stephanie- Happy belated birthday. Dontcha know calories in Birthday desserts don't count for the birthday person?!

Hi Robin and Shelly and Deb and Leanne !

Lanie- you are updating the compendium? That is very nice of you .

Shelly- Have you ever heard again from Lunacat the compendium originator?

Michelle- Prayers said and will continue!

TK- I am doing spin classes now, the trainer i go to works both quads and hamstrings and really works us. ***He also makes us do push ups at the end. We did 90 of them last week (in different sets )

Tneah- This is just MHO but I believe a push up works more muscle areas than just chest. (abs & all of core, triceps, some shoulders and upper chest are all recruited to help with push ups) But if you prefer isolating your upper chest I see what you mean.

This morning was an 8 mile run turned into 9. I went too far on the going out part. I am little tight in my lower body so I need to get off my tushy here. Good old house work will loosen me up a bit.

TTFN

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Judy - no, I haven't. Bit of a sore point, actually. She just disappeared off the face of the earth. I've tried e-mailing to find out what happened, if I did something to offend her, but no response. It makes me sad when that happens with people you thought were great friends.

Happy afternoon, everyone!

Well, I went ahead and made today an official rest day since I've been doing work all day. I'll just move good ol' 4DS Bootcamp to tomorrow -- ug! I may try to fit in a little yoga, though, since I'm feeling stiff from sitting at the computer all day. I've been trying to be good and just do my work, without snooping around on-line. I'm done with work now, so I thought I'd check in!

Michele -- Any news on how your sister's day went? Keep us posted!

TK -- I laughed out loud when I read that you saw some shoes with built-in legwarmers! Oh my gosh, that is too funny! Do you think we could pull out our shiny leotards, too?! Get busy knitting so we can be ahead of that trend!;-) Thanks for the kinds words, too, about my possibly retaining water. I've been eating like a horse, though!

Shelley -- Boo for PMS!! And a cold on top of that?! Hope you feel a little better this afternoon! We usually get four weeks off for winter break, which is wonderful, and, for some unexplained reason, we got an extra week off this year. I'm certainly not complaining, although it will be nice to get back, too!

Lainie -- Yeah for doing LIS! Do you feel OK? Did you wear your new outfit? I'm totally jealous! You must have looked so cute in it! Good luck on that Compendium! Thanks for doing it for us all!!

Stephanie -- Glad you had a nice b-day! Like Judy said, those b-day calories definitely don't count!

Judy -- I bought some of that Paul Newman's salad dressing and some broccoli slaw, so I'll be making a variation of your recipe from a few weeks ago for dinner tonight! Thanks for the recipe!

Tneah -- Yes, I'm an English professor at a community college here in San Diego. I absolutely love my job -- except when it comes to grading essays! How was Imax today? Was it the original one or your new Imax 3? I used to love spinning at the gym! How cool that you have your own bike!

Hey all,

So I've been playing around a bit with the digital camera, and I uploaded some of my beading and jewelry projects to Picture Trail. I put up WAY too many of them, but just got caught up in the fun! :D

ETA: Lainie -- Also wanted to ask if you're going to do Amy Bento's pre-sale on Friday for the two new KB workouts. I've never done one of her pre-sales before. Do we just order off of her main website? Thx!

Wow, Leanne, those are beautiful. How long does one of the intricate pieces take you? Gosh, what a creative bunch of women hang out here. I may have to move my unimaginative self to another check in. Wait, maybe I'll start taking pictures of my baked goods....

What, Amy has a presale going on too? Oy, I'm going through new workout withdrawal.

Shelley, Jan 29.

Sorry I don't have the energy to do any more personal stuff. I gotta get to bed. I hope to have to say to each and every one of you tomorrow. Night all.

Hi Robin,

Well, they take a really long time! The Chantilly Lace ones weren't too bad -- about 25 hours or so. The Calypso Cuff was a killer -- about 50-60 hours with teeny, tiny beads. It's all very fun, but I lack any sort of creativity myself. I can just follow other people's wonderful ideas!

Yes, I think Amy Bento's going to be pre-selling two new kickboxing DVD's; one is part of the CIA series and the other one is her own. I think that they are going to be $15 a workout + free shipping if you order this Friday through Sunday. Hope you feel better and have a good night's sleep! Nighty night!:)

Wow, Leanne, that's some beautiful jewelry! There's a shop here in town called "Beadwildered Women" which I think is all about beading but I haven't been in there yet (it doesn't look very stroller-friendly so to visit I'd have to go while out without Ewan, which doesn't happen much). Anyway, maybe some day you can visit and I'll take you over there. :)

As for LIS, it felt great and I loved wearing my new outfit, though during the warm up the top kept riding up on me. I felt better when I noticed Cedie had the same issue. I felt worse again when I realized how awful my belly fat looked hanging out there. Ugh. Gotta work on that.

I am going to preorder Amy's workouts. I've actually already preordered the CIA one (through CIA Video's website) and I'll order the other directly from Amy on her website (which is where I got her last presale) or maybe from http://www.advancedworkouts.com.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.