# # Monday Madness Melters! # #

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did one of the new I-Treads that I downloaded last week, a good 40 minute one with a lot of intervals.

BB in a bit,

Deb:)

Hi, I'm back,

where is everyone today? It's a Canadian holiday, so maybe Shelly is sleeping in? NOT! She may be outside climbing a mountain or something..;-) ..Robin usually checks in early too...

We got confirmation of our puppy...it is Keegan! He is the one that I have been watching for the last 3 weeks...it must be fate! We are going to keep his name too! Here is a link of their adventure on agility equipment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjetJU2rTTA..He is the one with the reddish collar..it is kind of washed out..looks reddish pink.

Lainie:
Love the dress! I am going to a dermatologist today. I have something on my face that I don;t like the looks of..hopefully it will be nothing. I am hoping that he does not want to do a full body check..( I still have tan lines from Mexico, and I am sure he will not like that at all!).

Leanne:
YOur DH sounds like a "kid at heart!"

Robin:
2 DResses???.. how lucky...usually it is hard enough to find one that you like!:D

Tneah:
Wow Cher is only 5' 2"..she always looks so tall on TV!oh poor Dick Clark..how old is he now?..yes French Onion Soup will surely make you retain water.. so salty, but so good!

Jennifer:
Hope your weekend turned out well:)

Have a great day!

Deb

Hello Melters.

Yuck, Mondays. Although, next Monday will be great for that day. One week closer.

Stressful weekend with the insects, which I think are now gone. Long day at the nursery yesterday at church. Lots of babies. My foot only bothers me when the weather changes.

Hope to get some workouts in this week, thinking 4DS premixes and KPC. Too soon to tell yet.

Have a Great Day!!

Good morning!

Okay, I just have to get through today and tomorrow. Then it's vacation time! I don't have anything planned. I'm just going to hang out around home. But I am going to see the new Indiana Jones movie! I'm a diehard Harrison Ford fan, even though he is looking a bit old... :D

Yesterday I did Muscle Max and added 80 walking lunges with 20 lb dbs after, oh and some calf raises too. I made it through the shoulder work! Yippee! I changed up a few of the exercises that I knew would bother me, but I still think I got a darned good shoulder workout.

Deb - I wish I could see that video of Keegan! But anything from YouTube is blocked at work. x( Oh well. I know you'll post pictures soon!

Jennifer - I agree about "Yuck, Mondays!" I sure am glad those bugs are gone.

Morning gang. I had computer issues at home and have been busy here at work, so I'm running behind.

Deb, great news about Keegan. I can't wait to get home and see the youtube link. If my computer has settled down and decided to behave!

Shannon, let me know how the movie is. Raiders is my all time favorite movie. I bet I saw it a dozen times or more when it was in the theaters! A vacation with nothing planned sounds wonderful.

Tneah, if Cher is only 5'2", how tall was Sonny? You'd never know from seeing her on TV.

Jennifer, so are you planning on moving? I'm not sure what's going on from your posts.

Shelley, what ya got planned for today?

Morning Lainie. Expecting any construction workers today?

I better get back to work. I'm not sure what I'll be doing today as far as workouts go. I'm thinking Tracy's HIS Mix 2. Or maybe an IMAX. I've been afraid to try any of them since my surgery...

Robin - is your stationary bike in your workout room where you do step? You could do the step portion of the Imax and then hop on the bike and pedal really hard for the blasts. That's what I did with my elliptical for a looong time. It works pretty well.

Oooh, I love Raiders, too! My parents still have the VHS somewhere. I need to borrow it before I see the new one!

Morning All:)

"Monday, Monday, can't trust that day, Monday, Monday"...humming a little Mama''s and Papa's this morning...love that group!

I looked up Cher's height on Google, and on a few sites they vary, from 5'4 to 5'5...the guy that told me she was only 5'2 was a security guy at the show..so even if she was 5'5, Sonny was super short wasn't he? They had her old costumes displayed outside the theater and they were so tiny it was unbelievable. I really do think she had a rib removed!Remember that rumor?

Deb, your Utube link did not lead me to the video, just the home page, nonetheless, yeah, for Keegan. Isn't that a girl's name?:) Who cares, your new baby is going to be so cute, and so cuddly and I wish so badly we could get another puppy for Georgie to love. Life would be tough with two huge dogs though...they both would not fit on the boat.:p

Robin, do what Shannon said about the Imax intervals, some of them are plain old dangerous if you are not the "take flight" type...I am not that type, plus those of us with "issues" need to be careful. I just did jumping jacks during some of the more tricky intervals, they keep your heartrate up, but are so basic there is no danger of tripping.

Shannon, I have heard nothing but good things about the new Indiana Jones movie. I just wish old Harrison acted more friendly in interviews, he is kind of a jackass--at least in the ones I have seen. George Clooney and Will Smith appear to be the most "friendly" actors, they are just so funny and "nice" aren't they? I remember the scene in one of the movies with the snakes.:eek: Sick. Glad your workout went well.

Jennifer, enjoy KPC today, I never got into that workout for some reason, I much prefer Cardio Kicks, it moves faster or something, plus I like the boys in it!

Hi to Leanne, Lainie,Shelley and Kara!

It's the second week of Bootcamp, today is supposed to be a 5 mile run, a piece of cake for Shelley, but I will do an itread workout instead-walking of course.;-) The walking workouts are still tough though! I need to lose the water weight the next few days, I ate like a hoglet yesterday, did some "carb loading";) so will pay the piper for the next few days.:7
The boys are down today, we are shooting a commercial at the house tomorrow...busy week.

Tneah - I've heard that about Harrison too. I never watch TV, so I haven't seen any of the interviews. My BIL saw one, and he said Harrison was acting so weird, it was like he was on something. Sigh. It's hard to see a hero fall. :p I do know he has a very dry, odd sense of humor though, so maybe some of it is that.

Didn't Cher used to wear 3" heels or something, too? That would certainly add to her height, and Sonny's apparent lack of it!

Hello everyone. I got up a bit early today and did my workout first thing. I wish I wasn't such a lazy bum and could do that more often. It was tough, though, when Ewan woke up and came downstairs when I was only halfway through. He did try to do part of the workout with me (it was Ellen Barrett's Crunch: Super Slimdown Pilates Yoga Blend--rather long title). I let him use my spare mat (which he calls his "magic carpet") and he kept saying "I doing it, Mommy!" though he wasn't exactly doing it.

Anyway, a couple of the builder-guys showed up today and took some of their stuff/trash away. There's still a bunch of stuff in the backyard so I hope they come back soon for another load. I figure they just filled their pickup and will have to make more trips. The house looks pretty good (I'll do pictures soon) though I worry that we detracted from its personality a bit. I started having doubts almost before they started putting up the new siding, but it was a bit late since we'd already signed on the bottom line and paid for 1/3 of it.

Deb, good news about new puppy Keegan! Such a cute name, too. The YouTube link didn't work for me. :( I go to the dermatologist every 6 weeks since I'm pale with sensitive skin and rosacea. This time it'll only be 10 days since my last visit because of her doing that biopsy on the spots on my arm. Hope she can figure out a way to get rid of all these rough spots on my legs and arms.

Jennifer, hats off to you for working in the church nursery. Our church doesn't eve have one. :( They have church school after the service but it's for ages 4 and up. We go to a family-friendly service, though, so it's only a half hour long. How long are you with the babies on Sundays? Do you do it every Sunday or just every once in a while.

Shannon, ooh, I love Harrison Ford, too. It's so surprising to me to think that he's actually my mom's age--though yeah he's starting to show his age now. I really loved the third Indiana Jones movie because Sean Connery was in it, too.

Robin, don't forget Cher was probably wearing some serious heels on TV, but yeah, think Sonny was short. OK, just looked him up and he was 5'5 1/2" so 1/2" taller than I am. Good luck with your workout today--don't overdo it with those high intensity things.

Tneah, if Keegan is a girl's name, it probably at least used to be a boy's name. The girls are taking a lot of good boy names. x( I realized that when trying to name my boys. Boy, your Bootcamp rotation is wearing me out just to read about it! ;)

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey everyone, Happy Monday! We can pretend, can’t we? Sorry to be MIA over the weekend, but we had soccer, a baseball game, yardwork, and cleaning. The kids’ last day of school is Thursday and we take Colin to the Governor’s School early Sunday morning. He will be gone for 5 weeks. I already miss him! Anyway, I am taking the week off from weights and alternating kettlebells and yoga. Today I am trying out a new Eion Finn DVD I bought. Do any of you have his workouts? He is such a fruitcake, but makes me feel so good!

Robin—Your dresses sound very classy. I bet you look beautiful in them! I understand appliance envy! I would love a huge front loading washer and a dryer that steams. Only in my dreams though…We just showed Colin and Emma "Raiders" for the first time. It was great sharing it with them! I love that movie! Have a good day at work.

Shannon—Your party Friday night sounded so fun! I can’t wait to see the Indiana Jones movie either! I hope today and tomorrow fly by for you. Your vacation sounds very peaceful and lovely! Any luck with the job search?

Jennifer—Insects suck. Sorry you had to deal with them! At least they are only out for a few months in your climate though!

Lainie—I love the blue dress. It will show off your shoulders nicely. How did the siding turn out? Is the color nice?

Deb—I love the name Keegan! I am so excited for you! Good luck at the dermatologist. Which iTread # did you do? I love intervals!

Tneah—It sounds like you had a great weekend! I can’t believe Cher is not taller! Maybe those feathers she always has jutting up from her head make her look taller? Maybe I should try that! I hate watching Harrison Ford in interviews. He hardly says anything and it is so uncomfortable! Enjoy your iTread!

Leanne—Our DHs would get along well! Are you able to breathe knowing that the end is in sight? Yea for summer vacation! When do you get your body fat tested?

Shelley—Your escarpment is huge. I love that you add those stairs to the end of a run! You are strong! Was your weekend as busy as usual?

Have a good day all!

Kara

Hey, did I miss something? Robin, did you get new dresses??:7 If so, please post some pictures, as this is very exciting news!

Lainie, wish I had a little workout partner! Actually Georgie has been more "clingy" lately, and comes in my workout room and likes to sit directly behind my step when I am working out.:) Goofball. Glad your house is almost done, will look forward to seeing pics.

Kara, your new workout sounds like fun, especially if you love the instructor. Have fun! Sounds like you were super busy with kids stuff over the weekend.:)

OK, time to get my butt going...its one of those mornings, although with the way I ate the past two days, I should be jumping at the chance to workout this morning.:p

Good morning, everyone!

I was so exhausted yesterday that I ended up going to bed at 8:30, and I actually slept in until the alarm went off at 6:10. Hooray! I'm in a super good mood b/c tomorrow is my last official day of work. I have to give one final exam in the morning, and then I'll be collecting research essays until noon. Then, of course, I have to come home and start grading them, but these usually go pretty quickly since I don't have to put comments on them. And then . . . I'll be on summer break! Woo-hoo!

Deb -- Hooray for Keegan, and what a great name he has! For some reason, when I click on the YouTube link you sent, it doesn't bring up his video.

Jennifer -- Glad your ankle is doing better and those insects are gone!

Shannon -- How great that you're almost on vacation. I love Harrison Ford, too. I think it goes back to my crush on Han Solo from when I was maybe seven years old . . . .;-) Glad you'll have a relaxing week off!

Robin -- (Copied from yesterday)-- Hooray for the new dresses! They sound adorable! Ah, yes, I knew that your trip to Yellowstone was coming up. You're going to have so much fun! It's probably a beautiful time of the year to go, and I bet the summer crowds won't be there at all. I think that I'll go ahead and pre-order ASC3 since you and Lainie gave ASC2 such great recommendations. I know what you mean about those aches and pains! I've been sitting on the couch reading the last few hours (last night), and got up to move and had to shake out my creaking hips and knee. I tell my husband that I have "creaky old dog hips" when they get tight like that. I should probably go do some yoga . . . or maybe have a snack instead! And don't worry about those desserts -- just think of all that hiking you'll soon be doing!

Tneah -- (copied from yesterday) -- Glad you had a wonderful time, chica, even though it wasn't a wig night! Sometimes just a relaxing little getaway can be just what you need to re-charge the batteries and re-connect. I had no idea that Cher was so tiny! I bet she did put on a fantastic show. How awful about those dang crowns! Yep, I started another round of S&H, and will try to stick with it for about five weeks total. Once I start summer break later this week (can you hear the excitement pouring out of me?! OMG! I can't wait, I can't wait!), I'm going to add one more day of cardio into my week so that I'll be back to working out six days instead of five (3 of weights and 3 of cardio). I've been reading so much lately about the drawbacks of doing too much cardio, but I'm that body type that hangs onto fat for its dear life (endomorph?), and I need to do something about my thighs. Speaking of reading, I'm almost done with _Bitter Is the New Black_, and it's hysterical! Thank you so much for recommending it! I also went ahead and ordered the second book so I can finish out all three. Such fun! -- What commercial will you be shooting for? Sounds exciting!

Kara -- We missed you over the weekend! Sounds like you had a busy weekend with the family! I'm surprised that the kids are done so early with school. Is Colin excited about the summer academy? I have Eion Finn's first DVD and I also love his nut-iness! Will you let me know how his new one is? Someone on the OD forum mentioned that it has a great shoulder stretching section, but I've been trying to not buy any more new workouts. I get my body fat tested next Wednesday the 28th. I'll either be very happy or very depressed afterwards.;-) Oh, I'm going to pick up ingredients today to make that sweet potato enchilada recipe for dinner tonight. I can't wait! Thanks for sharing it! ETA: Oh yes, I forgot that you got your new kettlebell stuff. How do you like it so far? They look like so much fun!

Lainie -- How is the work on the house coming along? Are the boys doing well? How cute that Ewan calls your yoga mat your "flying carpet." If only it would work that way!

Shelley -- Where are you, babe? We missed you over the weekend. I hope you're feeling OK! Was it nice getting off early on Friday -- or do I even have to ask that?!;-)

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Vacation, here I come! I managed to get completely caught up on work, so I asked my boss if I could start my vacation tomorrow. She said yes!!! That means just three and a half more hours, and I'm DONE.

Okay. I can handle Mondays like this. :p :7

Lanie - way to go on the early workout! I just love it that Ewan joins you. See - you're helping him build healthy habits. :D You know, I didn't like the third Indy movie. It was just too corny, at least that's how I remember it. But then, there's no way they could top that first one, is there?

Kara - have fun with your new workout schedule. Do you like the kettelbells? I've never tried them. Those ballgames sure do keep a person busy, don't they? I did find a job opening at my alma mater, and I sent an application out this morning. That'd shorten my commute by a half hour!

Leanne - Summer Break!! Oh wow. What do you plan to do with yourself? Do you have to take any continuing ed courses or seminars? I hope you get to relax the whole time!

Hey guys,

Yeah Shannon!:) Happy you have only minutes left before your vacation!:p Its a happy Monday indeed.

Leanne, the book was sooo funny wasn't it? I just love that woman, so glad you are enjoying it, you never know what one person will find funny and another will not, so *whew* glad you are liking her!:7 Your summer vacation is almost here too! Yeah! I agree, getting rid of thigh fat is the hardest for me. The biggest difference I made was getting serious about using my spin bike and the Spinervals workouts--I think.:) My DH says he thinks since I started riding alot, my butt and legs have leaned out and firmed up. Right now I am doing the Bootcamp rotation, but might sub a few of the higher impact workouts with my spin bike.

Oh, gotta love this, so we were walking down the stairs at the Forum Shops yesterday, and my right knee almost buckled, it hurt like heck...I was wearing platforms that are super comfy, so it wasn't my footwear. It kinda freaked me out, I think lasts week's workouts might have taken their toll.:p

BBL

Hi all!

Shannon--Enjoy vacation early!!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that the job is a good fit and works out! I am loving the kettlebells. They completely fry me! }(

Leanne--I am heading to do the Eion vid now so I will let you know. I got it because of the shoulder section! I hope it works! :) I am glad you got some rest. You definitely needed it! :) I really do love the kettlebells. They are no impact and really challenging, especially for the core and glutes! I hope you like the enchiladas! :9

Tneah--Sorry about your knee. How is it feeling now? Take it easy, OK? :)

Off to visit Eion!

Kara

Yo. I've put some house before and after pics up on my main blog: http://lainiefig.blogspot.com/

I cheated a bit this weekend--instead of one free day it was a free-for-all weekend. Well, some meals were very healthy and low-fat but I had at least 3 or 4 quite questionable meals). So I'm buckling down today again. However, I might be a little too strict with myself today because I'm hungry right now. For my 1 o'clock meal I had a bowl of steamed cauliflower and broccoli and a little container of cottage cheese. I'll have to have something a little more substantial at 4, I think.

Kara, nice to see you! It's understandable if it's hard to stop by some weekends--a lot of us will probably be out-of-pocket over the summer. I'm so envious of those of you whose kids already have summer vacation (mine are in school until the end of June). Or maybe I should be envied since my kids are still out of the house every day. :( What is the Governor's School? Sounds impressive.

Leanne, I also went to bed early last night, but it was still 10:15 so not as early as you! I'm glad you got some good rest and soon you'll get lots more. :)

Shannon, yeah, there was some major corniness in the 3rd Indy movie and as far as overall quality, the 2nd is the best. I didn't really care for the 2nd one either because of the graphic ickiness and Kate Capshaw's character really irritated me. I'm glad the chick from the original one will be in this new one.

Tneah, be careful with your knees, girlfriend! Yikes. Yeah, like Georgie, Ewan will sometimes try to come and get in my way when doing step--at least I can still do Pilates when he's in the room.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey all,

Just got doing Imax 2 and the second segment of Tracey S's new core workout. I need to do more grading, but then I got to thinking about it, and I know I can't finish it all today . . . so I decided to just get up at 4:00 tomorrow morning and finish it off. One more day of early rising to grade, and then NO MORE! I was dragging with Imax 2 today. Despite all that sleep, I'm still exhausted.

I'm gonna shower and head out to Target and Trader Joe's. MUST.RESIST.BUYING.TREATS.

Shelley -- Are you OK? We miss you!

Lainie -- OMG! The new siding and windows are gorgeous!! It doesn't even look like the same house. I love the blue color you chose, too; it fits in perfectly with the style of the house! It looks amazing!!

Tneah -- Oh no about your knee yesterday! That's not good at all! Is it better today? Maybe you should take a rest day today if you were planning on doing cardio! I used to do spinning at the gym and just LOVED it, but now that I no longer have a gym membership, I never go.:-( Do you think I could talk DH into a spin bike?}( Of course, he already told me that the Cathe RT is my anniversary, b-day, AND Christmas gift this year.:-( Yes, I'm loving those books!

Kara -- Ah, now I'm tempted by the sound of those kettlebells. Sarah Lurie (who has the Iron Core videos) actually has a studio in San Diego, and I was thinking of taking an intro class once summer break started. Do you think it would be a good idea? Of course, I was also thinking that I might just go ahead and put that $30 towards the purchase of a KB instead if the intro videos seem good. Have fun with Eion today! I love how in the other yoga DVD he talks about melting chocolate dripping on your body -- he's so cheesy, but fun!:)

Shannon -- Woo hoo for early vacation!! You must be SOOO excited!! I don't have to take any classes over summer break, so I can just relax and enjoy it.:)

Tneah - yikes! What's up with that knee? Has it done anything odd since then? I know I don't need to tell you to be careful.

Lanie - an occasional free for all weekend sounds like fun! YUM! If it makes you feel any better, my dear mother made chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, and oh yes, did I enjoy it!!!

Kara - thanks for the good job wishes!

Leanne - one more day of 4 a.m., huh! YOU CAN DO IT! I usually get up at 4:30, but I don't have to for seven days! Oh, and today is Victoria Day in Canada, so Shelley is most likely enjoying a very nice holiday.

Dang. 13 minutes to go. Hurryhurryhurry. :7

Hi all! I did my yoga and am feeling fine!:)

Lainie--Hi there! I love the way your house turned out! The color is beautiful! Good choice! Does your DH like it? Governor's school is a program that allows "gifted" students to stay on a state college's campus and take courses, fieldtrips, etc. for 5 weeks in the summer. It involved a rigorous application process because the state pays for room and tuition. Colin was accepted into the one for Emerging Technologies. He is afraid of all the work involved. :eek: He is our resident genius and lets us know it every day! :p He really is a good kid. :) It sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Shannon--Left yet? Your mom is awesome! Peanut butter icing, WOW!

Leanne--This Eion is the Surfer's Edition and the premix I did was much harder than I had anticipated. I liked it! He was his usual fruity self! :) I would definitely take an intro class with Sarah Lurie if you can. I bought her Iron Core Vol. 2 and she gives wonderful form pointers. I didn't care for all of the breaks in it though, so rarely do it anymore (so instead of buying the DVD, you could take the class!). A really good starting DVD is The Kettlebell Way to Your Perfect Body with actress Beth Chamberlain and Anthony Diluglio. It is the same workout as Anthony's Providence, but with a tutorial option at the beginning. It is also $10 cheaper than Providence. Beth and Anthony take turns leading the exercises. It really helped me learn proper form, etc. My favorite DVD is Keith Weber's Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout. Keith is on the beach and leads you through an hour of various exercises. This one leaves me completely spent. It is awesome! By the way, Anthony's site is artofstrength.com. Did you resist the lure of treats at Trader Joe's and Target??? }(

Emma just walked in the door! Gotta go! :)

Kara

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.