Michele's Last Day for Pumpkin Spice Donut HATE Oct 31

August

Cathlete
I hope you're taking advantage of this day, Michele. Remember, it's the last time we'll all ever be able to have that donut or hear about that for a YEAR. LOL.

Well, as if the pressures of not being able to find glaze anywhere wasn't bad enough, I think I am now PMSing.

Glaze will pass. This will pass. I must plod forward.

So I did my Gliding Discs Total Body workout and followed it with a (WARNING : REFERENCE TO YOGA!) yoga stretch. I had my smoothie and immediately fell asleep on the couch. :eek: I woke to my stomach making strange gurgly noises. Maybe it was the smoothie on its way down. :)

Anyway, I had a great workout. Wow. The discs really help you develop strength for doing squats and I'm getting better at them (being able to go down lower), and right now when I clench up, my muscles there go :eek: ! I do love the workout and it goes by really fast...though the Sesame Street feel has become more pronounced on my third doing. Is this just how Mindy Mylrea is? Some of the goofy things she says kinda make me laugh in a fun way (on a turning around side step she says, "okay now you see me, now you don't, nope, you still don't see me, okay, now you see me!!") and then there's other stuff she says is like it's geared to be in a script for Kermit (I can't give you an example because I'm trying to block them from my memory ;) ).

At any rate, the discs are great for me for getting in a really good leg workout, especially since I often have trouble doing those traditional weighted squats and lunges.

So.....I just made myself a protein pancake with blueberries and on a whim put in some cocoa baking powder. Frying it up it smelled SOOoooOOoOoo good, but I couldn't taste it at all. Maybe next time I'll try it with bananas and cocoa powder.

Or chocolate chips, eh, Robin? }(

You know what I love? I love sitting on my fitness ball just after I've put some new air into it.

All right. On that note, I MUST WORK. I MUST WORK. I MUST WORK. (message to self)

Have a wonderful Halloween everyone!

I totally can't get myself to work. What is my problem?! x(

Help! Help!

Okay. I'm going to work now. NOW. I'm going to work. No more hanging out here. Everyone's asleep anyway. Work. Work. Glaze. NO, NO, WORK. WORK. WORK.

Hi again ladies - I was curious what Gliding DVDs you have. I have some of them, but don't do them that often....cuz they don't get my HR up enough. I prefer to use them on my own and go really fast. LOL.....but then I AM an intensity junkie......*did I just say that on the haters thread?*.

Mindy is goofy. Her name is pronounced Milrae....if that helps at all...emphasis on the first part. I have quite a few of her workouts. I like her Amy Bento, Kelly Coffey, Turbo Jam (Turbo Jam should be fun for cardio haters....have you ladies ever tried them?) and most Beachbody stuff.

Have a great day.

I did Cardio Party 1 this morning........Turbo Jam.....45 minutes.

RE: Michele's Last Day for Pumpkin Spice Donut HATE Oct...

Morning all you haters. You know what I hate? I hate urinary tract infections! I'm cooking my 4th since August. The month, not the hater. I don't know if it's related to menopause or my DH's enthusiastic, ummm, plank work. I guess I have to make an appointment with the doctor to discuss the problem.

I'm not a fan of Mindy. I have her Cardio Toolbox and hate her cueing. Nothing like Cathe.

Today I'm hating (not really, but hey, I can be swayed by a crowd) one of Seasun Ziegler's step DVDs. Then I have to get my booty back into town. I'm helping out at our church's annual Harvest Party. We have all kinds of games and tons of candy for the neighborhood kids with the idea of keeping the little hooligans off the street.

Have a spooky, fun and donut filled day.

By the way, I wonder what the donut of the month is for Dec.}(

LMAO, Michele! You get that donut, woman! And you better not just get one!! }(

Lorajc - Hiya, oooh, have I been researching (WARNING : ANOTHER REFERENCE TO YOGA) yoga lately. I've made quite the wish list and am still reading around. I almost sent you an email with questions about this, that and the other thing, but then I didn't want you to think I was a total loony sending you a book LOL. For the most part, I found almost everything you suggested at Amazon. I even found Dance the Chakras which you didn't actually suggest but had mentioned you did, and after reading all the amazing reviews about it, I had to put it on my list. Wow, that couple has a lot of other workouts, too, don't they...

Can I ask you, do you have any positive or negative feelings for these?

Bryan Kest Power Yoga Complete Series
Bryan Kest Intensive Body Sculpting
Bryan Kest Power Yoga for Weight Loss Series
Crunch : The Perfect Yoga Workout : The Joy of Yoga & Fat-Burning Yoga
10-minute Solution Rapid Results Pilates
Dance the Chakras Yoga Workout
Yogalatis : Level Two
Yoga Zone (Alan Finger)
Quick Fix Yoga

And what about Eoin's Power Yoga vol 1?

I read about Bryan's Seussisms LOL, and also Rainbeau's sometimes out-there comments. Are you a fairly patient person with that sort of thing? Do the yoga workouts you recommended have a heavy "hippy, spacey" feel to them, if I may ask?

Okay, now you can see what I'm talking about when I say "book." I'm totally inspired now to do yoga. Oh nooo!! LOL.

On Michele's wonderful recommendation, I just recently got the Gliding Discs Kit with Mindy that includes three workouts on one disc : Total Body, Ultimate Buns & Legs, and Fat Burning Cardio. Who'd have known the woman hasn't even tried the workouts! LMAO. I actually wanted to get the discs for my new TLTs (and that's why Michele suggested them). There are lots of squatting, and that's where my heart rate goes up (I'm doing the advanced moves that are shown). It's like skating on your carpet. It's pretty fun...though Mindy might start to get to me if I were to only do those discs as a rotation.

Turbo Jam? Oh, Jana loves Turbo Jam, though with her knee she hasn't been able to do them. Jana! Come talk about your Turbo Jam!

Robin - Oh, crap, UTIs. Planks and UTIs, man. STANK! Course, if we're talkin' 'bout THAT kinda plank, that's a different story. And if that's what's causing your UTIs, well, he!!l! Pat that man of yours on the strong back!

Wait a minute, wait a minute. But what KIND of candy?

I've never done Seasun Ziegler but I'm hearing a lot about her these days (good things).

Robin - You cracked me up with the plank work.

August - I like Bryan Kest's Power Yoga series. I have heard the other Bryan Kest you mentioned were easier.

I don't like Yoga Zone - too slow and I just don't have the patience for it.

I love Eoin Finn Yoga for Happiness. I have the other one you mentioned but didn't use it as much, though I liked it.

I also like the crunch yoga workout for when I haven't done yoga for a while or if you are just starting out. It not too challenging, but it is a lot of fun I think.

Michele - Last donut day! And then we start over and whip ourselves into shape. I still haven't done a workout in week. I woke up this morning with a sore throat so I am getting sick.

Ahhhh! }( :9 }( :9

Thoses were tasty!! Yes, I said THOSE--plural! I had TWO donuts. I bought one for you, August. See what you made me do? Shame on you:p

So I woke up today with a sore throat, a stuffy/drippy nose, and a bit of a headache:-( . Did I work out yesterday? A...well...not exactly. Actually, I started feeling crummy yesterday. I woke up feeling a little off, then I felt a little better in the afternoon, but by last evening I felt run down and icky. I couldn't keep my eyes and fell asleep early for me. I was hoping I'd feel better today but no such luck. Diane, what are we going to do :eek: ?

August, you've gone mad, MAD I tell you!! I was ROTFLOL at your exhaustive list of yoga DVD's. I think Sooooooooooosan in the "Chin" thread is also a yoga aficionado so you might want to run your list past her. I wouldn't mind finding a little yoga DVD, but it would have to be the relaxing kind--the kind you do before going to bed--lol!

Lora, we love your enthusiasm for cardio and you're more than welcome to discuss it here. We may not agree with it, but we love hearing about it--lol! Actually, I LOVE my elliptical trainer and Coach Sean:+ . I am choreographically challenged so the elliptical is perfect for me. I have a few Turbo Jams that a very kind and dear Catheite gave me but it's not my cup of tea. I do like Cathe's step work but I can't do most of it;) . My attempts are pretty humorous, though. I haven't done step since I got my elliptical this past summer. I'll probably add it back into my repertoire at least 2 or 3 times a week so as not to get bored with Eli (what I named my elliptical:+ )

Robin, beware of men doing planks:eek: }( . I really hope you'll post a picture of your gonorrhea costume--LMAO. Will you be changing costumes before you go to the church party for the neighborhood hooligans? (For those of you who don't know, Robin is a microbiologist in a hospital lab, hence the gonorrhea costume:7 ). And just so you know, I have NO intention of finding out what the December donut is--no siree--not going there---no more donuts for me--EVER!!

Okay Diane, are you ready to swear a solemn oath with me that we will faithfully execute our workouts? Why don't you draw up a contract to that effect. I'll be happy to sign it:7. Oh! my Cathe DVD's are scheduled for delivery tomorrow!! I can't wait for Butts and Guts!

I have to go, my little chickypoos, but I'll BBL.

Where is everybody, Ellen, please don't go back into hiding--we love you:* .

Kate, have you resoved your cable issue yet? Did you order the new DVD's? I hear they have LOTS of push-ups!

Janjan, how're things in Denver? When will you be home? Oh, please tell me you didn't try skiing with that knee:eek:

Dana, how are you and whatever ever happened with that jerk at work?

WARNING : MORE YOGA GABBER :7

Diane - Thanks very much for your tips on some of those yoga workouts I listed. It's helpful to hear those things from a non-yoga person, too. Or...are you a closet yoga person? LOL.

Michele - Oh, I'm soooooooo glad we ate two donuts! Two donuts two donuts!! We can't have them again for a whole year. We hope that there's a good Winter version. :9

Dang, I'm hungry.

Glaze.

I know, I know, LAMA (laugh at my a$$, haha) for my yoga list. Recently I've figured out that I have a little problem. (Okay, two, if you count the donut.) I seem to love to research. Who'd have thought (certainly not my highschool teachers).

But you know, I'm starting to feel scared about my list since I haven't been able to find any video samples anywhere (the ones that Loracj kindly suggested), and I'm verrrrrry picky about my instructors and music. Now, I know I'm from Land of Hippies, but if anything's going to be mystical, it better be barley. What if I buy all these DVDs only to find they're all......deep? What I've been reading really interests me, but I'm so scared to order without seeing a clip.

I'm also now ready to buy the entire series of Ravi and Ana's Kudalini yoga. x(

You think Soooosan might have some good ideas? Maybe tomorrow when I'm avoiding work again, I'll knock on the Chins door. If I find any info for you for a sleeping yoga, I'll be sure to pass it on LOL.

Anyway, you guys have a fun day and Michele, feel better! :*

Hey August, my donut pal, did you look on Collage for video clips?

Here's my question. Is it a requirement for all yoga instructors to have weird names? I mean, are these their REAL names, or do they have made up names for yoga? And the way they sound. I was watching some yoga program on FitTV and the instructor's voice sounded like she maybe works part time for NPR--lol!

Hiya, silly.

Yeah, I looked at Collage (the ones on my list above are there), but the ones for Eoin, Shiva Rea, Rainbeau Mars and the 13 or so x( of Ravi and Ana are nowhere to be found. I even searched on You Tube... I did find something of Shiva Rea, and while it and she and her movements were gorgeous, it was more something to watch than to do (although, maybe that's what it was for, as there was no instruction whatsoever?).

You know what gives me the willies? More so than the name Rainbeau Mars, is the name Alan Finger. I can't get him and his accent out of my head - "Hi. I'm Alan Finger."

"Hi. I'm Alan Finger."

I can't get that out of my head. LOL

August - I used to be a big yoga and pilates person and then just kinda stopped doing it when I started work. I started doing yoga during law school and got really into it. I took yoga and pilates classes and I also have a ton of dvds. There was even a point where I stopped doing Cathe dvds for a while and did yoga/pilates exclusively along with running. Then I started work and my new apartment didn't have room for me to do videos, so I took a pilates/yoga fusion class. The class got too expensive and too hard to get to, so I eventually quit. Now that I have room to do workouts at home, I have been meaning to do more yoga and pilates, but just haven't gotten into it again. I was actually thinking the other day that I might add in yoga or pilates a few times a week. It is just hard to make a schedule that includes it all (yoga, pilates, weights, cardio) when I only have 45 min - 1 hr a day.

Michele - I had the same thing this morning - sore throat, headache. I think I just have post nasal drip right now, so I am just taking meds and cough syrup. I am not too sick to not workout, so not a good excuse.

I will start working on that contract. Our contract will have to include getting to sleep early so that we can get up and do it first thing in the morning. I think both of us have sleep issues which cause us to not get up in time and also to be so tired during the day that we have no energy to workout.

Michele - Did you get all of the new dvds, or just some of them? I got all of them, so I am planning on doing the 4 week rotation posted by Cathe.

Uh oh. I might be asking you sometime about Pilates.

Can you tell me about Eoin and his teaching method and music and stuff?

The Bryan workout when he still has long hair I saw on Collage and I can't say it turned me on. But there are so many great reviews,...but I'm not sure yet.

Oh, that reminds me that I start my TLT rotation tomorrow! :D

LOL. "The Bryan workout when he still has long hair I saw on Collage"

Is that English?! My brain is fried from too much research.

I just had to come back for a sec to address this:

>"Hi. I'm Alan Finger."

>I can't get that out of my head. LOL

ROTFLMAO! ROTFLMAO! ROTFLMAO!

Diane, submit your contract for signing. ITA about the whole sleep thing but I think the only way for me to resolve that issue would be to suffocate my DH with a pillow:eek: . It's the snoring--all that SNORING--UGH!

Yes, I ordered ALL of the DVD's. I wonder how many of them I will actually do? I seem to have a penchant for collecting DVD's and not ever doing them:eek: . I was thinking about doing the 5 week rotation. I guess that means we won't be doing 5FF anymore--lol!

I love the Bryan set with his long hair. It is really good. His later dvds are more geared towards the mass market, so are easier and too much explanation sometimes (that is what I have heard, I don't have them).

I don't remember the music from Eoin's, but his dvds are all set in the outdoors. He shows several people with modifications and several people that are really flexible, which I like. You can tell he is kinda a hippie and that the people in the video are his hippie friends. He doesn't take yoga too seriously, which I hate when people do that. In yoga for happiness, he even has a dog doing yoga, it is kinda fun. I think yoga for happiness is a better quality production than his first dvd. He has some funny sayings, like - "Move the corners of your mouth up towards your ears - this is called a smile." But I didn't find them too annoying, it is just funny. Yoga for Happiness has like 5 or 6 different workouts on it with varying lengths, so I would recommend that one. You won't get as sweaty with his workouts as with Bryan Kest's original series, but it is a pretty good workout.

I also liked some of Baron Baptiste's earlier dvds (Soul of Strength) before he "sold out" to the mass market crowd. His earlier ones are all set in a studio with real people taking the class. So not as pretty, but feels like a real yoga class. He is a little arrogant, but the Soul of Strength dvd is good.

Michele - Here is our contract, you should copy and paste to sign(and add anything you want):

- I agree that I will go to sleep before 11 pm every night so that I can wake up early and workout first thing in the morning. I agree to turn off the tv at 10 pm.

- I agree that I will not hit the snooze bar for an hour each morning and will get the heck up and do my workout!

- I agree that I will follow Cathe's rotation for new dvds (4 week or 5 week). If I miss a day of workout for any reason, I have to do 50 pushups (not in a row and probably on my knees, but still...) that day as punishment and continue the rotation the next morning. I will also be subject to the scorn and ridicule of the Haters Check-in until I get my act together.

- I agree that I will follow a healthy eating plan (5FF for me) except on my cheat day when I will eat as many pumpkin donuts as I dang well please.

X ___Diane____________ X ____________________

"Hi. I'm still Alan Finger."

Hey, Michele - Hey, how about a 4 day rotation with the new Cathes? That should be right up your alley, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck LMAO.

Diane - I keep reading things about Bryan and his long hair and that he's a "yummy pants."

"Yummy pants."

Why is that gross to me? LOL.

Oh, I read about the dog somewhere. I like that. And also that he doesn't take it too seriously. OMG, the "smile" thing you wrote totally cracked me up. Thank you so much for explaining what you could remember. Also, thanks for the Baron recommendation.

Okay. All my looking around paid off. I finally found some samples of Ravi and Ana's Kundalini workouts. Actually, it was on their website which I'd been looking at forever without realizing there were samples. Behah.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.