Men's check in 6/2

eaglobo

Cathlete
Today was the first day of Cathe's June rotation...

Since I don't own the Slow and Heavy series, I did MM Chest and Back, and used a 6-2 rep pattern and am good n' sore this afternoon.

KPC tomorrow...my favorite!!

Hi all!!!!

Hope you had a great weekend and an encouraging start-of-the-month!

I did Cardio & Weights yesterday, and when I reached the "Buttercup" part I was laughing at us guys stepping to it!!! :+ :+ :+

Today I started the new rotation I was telling you about. Did S&H Chest at maximum weight (to failure) and PH Chest medium to light (endurance). Then Core Max #1.
In the afternoon I "revisited" Bryan Kest's Power Yoga 1 (which I hadn't done for a while) and it felt great!

Have a great week!

Chris.

Hey guys

SH Bi/Tri/Abs today - in about an hour. Chris-I think I have that Power Yoga tape. Is it a series of three? I have all three, but never really got into it. He has curly black hair? I have not found Yoga helpful, and I know it must be me because people just seem to love it. Whatever.

Ben

Ben,

Like you, I have no success with yoga. I use Cathe's stretch tapes for flexibility training.

Yoga just never did it for me. The best yoga tape I ever used was Basic Yoga for Dummies.

yeah yeah...power yoga - it is that guy with the black curly hair... Bryan Kest. He used to drive me nuts because he constantly says aaaaaaaaaaxhale (its the little things). Well - I finally got over that and now I think his workouts are great. I use them not only for flexibility but for strength too - especially when I want a change from the p90x yoga. I also like Rodney Yee - but much of his stuff is a little on the challenging side for me. I'll have to work up to it.
Catch all you guys later.
K
PS - no workout today - needed the rest.I'm all rejuvenated to bring it extra hard tomorrow.

Yeap! He's got many Power Yoga w/os out but I only own his first three (Energize, Tone & Sweat). I used to alternate between Energize and Tone (Sweat is really advanced). I hadn't noticed his accent... LOLOLOL... until yesterday!!! Still, his DVDs are very straightforward (no tying your body up in weird positions) and the isometric work you do (especially in the quads and hamstrings) is awesome.
Even though I have tried other Yoga DVDs, I am not a Yoga fan, so Bryan is just right for the amount of work I want to put in this type of training.

Chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.