MELTING over the hump - Wednesday

Hi Robin~

I was rudely awakened at 3:45 by Gilbert making throwing up noises, so I had to leap out of bed and drag him over to the hard floor so I didn't end up having to clean up dog puke off the carpet. Then I kind of fell back asleep and had an awful dream about Chris seeing some other woman. So I didn't get up to work out. Geez, I keep making excuses for not getting up to work out. I need to get back on track here.

I can't WAIT for this week to be over. I think I might go shoe shopping at lunch today.

Is everyone oversleeping this morning? I didn't get home until after 9 last night. What a loooooong day. I stopped at Wendy's for a salad for dinner. Then, since I was so "good," I celebrated with too many cookies from the grocery store next door. I'll eat cleaner today - promise. I'm planning on some cardio this afternoon, but don't know what will jump off the shelf at me till then. Maybe an IMAX? Maybe In the Ring? Maybe Body Fusion?

Shelley, did you ever get caught up yesterday? I hate getting behind first thing in the day. I feel like I'm behind all day long.

Leanne, well, I'm about 3/4 of the way through the book and haven't found out how to like my body yet. It seems to be more about eliminating the "language of fat" from your life. The author says that when you say "I feel fat," you are really feeling some other emotion and she gives you some tools to try to find out what that feeling is. I just wanted her to say it's OK to be 53, about 20 pounds over your goal weight, but fit.

Tneah, I'd love to see those dresses on you. I especially like the lavender one. You make me want to go dress shopping, but I haven't had much luck around here in the last few years. I've taken to wearing slacks to any kind of dressy shindig. It would be nice to wear a dress again.

Deb, Shannon, Kara, Lainie, etc, I'm out of time and have to get to work. I hope to get back later to see what everyone is up to.

{{{{Shelley}}} No wonder you aren't having a good week, with dreams like that and a puking dog. I'm risking being late for work to give you a quick HUG.

Hello Melters.

Robin-What kind of salad from Wendy's? The new southerwestern one?

Shelley-Hope you have a better week.

Tneah-Have you decided on the dress yet?

Leanne-how's life in san diego?

Lanie-How've you been?

Kara-How's life?

Ok, I'm feeling better about lots of things today. Tonight, after going back to Best Buy, to get a USB cable, I plan to do MM, take out the recyclables. Hopefully, the secret service won't slow things down too much here. Thinking about grocery shopping Friday night so I can workout, do my yard, travel on Sat.. or not.

Hope you all have a better day.

Good Morning All!

I slept in this morning, no workout for me. Last night at about 12:30, DH was doing his bad snoring, so I went downstairs to sleep on the couch. This is the room where the parrot ( Fritz) is. Well I was just getting back to sleep when Fritz fell off his perch and of course all the bells and dangling things in his cage woke me up.. back to sleep again, and he does it again..I'm thinking.."what the heck is wrong with him?"...when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see this "thing" swooping around the room A BAT! I rushed back upstairs, woke up DH and we got him to fly out the front door.. now this is about the 5th bat we have had in 23 years in this house..we can't figure out how they get in.. ugh..I hate them, they give me the creeps..DH and I are professional bat removers, so if you get one, give us a call!:) ..Today I am calling Fritz "Bat Bird"!

Shelly:
I can sympathize with you on the "dog puke alarm"! I hate when that happens! I do the same thing...try to push them to a hard surface! Let us know which shoes you get...I swear by Zappos..do they deliver to CAnada?

Robin:
Thanks for starting us out today! Good for you for having just the salad..it makes you feel better eating the cookies!:* I tried reading Heroines...I like the premise, but the actual writing fell flat for me so I never finished it. How did the tooth filling go?

Jennifer:
I think you are smart to just walk for now, until you are completely healed. This way you will be 100% for your days off in June.

Shannon:
Wow what a commute..I don't even want to tell you how far I drive to my office..Gas is $3.87 here.

Lainie:
How are the windows? I bet you love them when they are in.. are they the kind you can tilt in to wash the outside from the inside?

Tneah:
LOL..I had to Google Lara CRoft so see who she was...umm..I don;t think I can measure up! I would think that anyone who has experience with eye dropper bottles would know that they have to stay in an upright position or all the liquid leaks through the dropper...DUH..except me of course! It's very hard to keep it upright when it is packed in a cosmetic bag. I would love to work from home.
Love the dresses! How do you post pics right here in the thread? I can only do links.

Leanne:
I hope you get some time to relax! ..I see you were on the OD where they posted the WW blueberry scones..I want to try those, ( I would feel less guilty eating those, but I am sure yours are much better!..what do you think about adding a scoop of protein powder? would I have to increase the liquid to compensate? Good for you for sneaking out early!

Kara:
we must be kindred spirits! I do the same thing with projects, I get all hyped about doing something, rush out and buy what I need to do it, start the project, and then I get bored and it sits there not completed..why is that? :D I could never shoot anything that was living either.. DH goes deer "hunting" every year with a gun but also carries a camera and takes pictures! He doesn't shoot the gun at all! Did you do P90X shoulders & arms? one of my favorite upper body workouts. I got the P90X + from Ebay, but haven;t tried it yet.

Have a great day!

Deb

Yikes Deb! What a thing to wake up to. We had a bat once in a house we were renting. The cats woke me up try to chase it. DH crawled to a door and it flew out the minute it was open. We didn't worry about it too much, since we were moving in a couple days. I've heard they can crawl through amazingly small spaces. A little, old fashioned church near me had hoards of bats in the belfrey. They ended up erecting a huge "bat house" outside and must have done some kind of sealing job to keep them from coming back into the building.

Jennifer, I like the Chicken Mandarin Orange salad. Good luck with the secret service. My ex BIL used to be in the secret service, back when Carter was president. He had to go into buildings and check for bombs. He said Jimmy used to carry an empty suitcase whenever he was traveling, to give him that down-to-earth-I-carry-my-own-luggage look.

Back to work.

Hey everyone,

I'm feeling SOOO tired this morning and have so much work to do the rest of this week. I keep telling myself that I only have to make it one more week, but this week sure seems L-O-N-G! It also doesn't help that Aunt Flo arrived yesterday and my eating has been awful. UG!

Today I'm doing S&H Tris/Bis, and then I have to go into work to supervise the final exams that start today. About 350-400 students are taking their final today and the other 400 or so tomorrow, so I have to be sure that all goes smoothly. I also have to start reading and looking through their essays so I can find some samples that we use at our group grading session this Friday. I will be SOO happy once this week is done!

Deb -- Your bat story had me laughing out loud just now -- although I'm sure it was far from funny last night when it was happening. You poor thing! Glad that Fritz can be a bat bird and help! What a great idea about adding some protein powder to the scones. I think it would work if we added a bit more liquid.

Shelley -- Sending you {{{HUGS}}} you poor thing! What an awful dream and what a way to wake up! I'm sending you positive vibes so you can find some cute shoes while you're out shopping today! Will you let us know if you find anything?

Robin -- Thanks for the info about the book. I was kind of hoping that it would say the same thing, too -- that we should accept who we are! I need to clean up the eating, too. I'd been so good for so long, but have overindulged the past few days.

Jennifer -- Glad that you're feeling a bit better. Are you back to doing cardio or is your ankle still bothering you? Hopefully the Secret Service won't interfere with your errands today!

Lainie -- How are the new windows looking? Are you getting caught up on your rest? I'm glad that the BFL eating plan is going so well for you!

Shannon -- How's life? Are you still looking for a new position?

Kara -- (Copied from last night) My DH is addicted to Diet Mountain Dew also! Thanks for the kind words about being "devoted" instead of "obsessed." That's a much better way to look at it!

Tneah -- (Copied from last night) Hooray for your dresses!!! Those two new DVF dresses are GORGEOUS! They are both so elegant and classy/classic, and you'll look so beautiful in them! Plus, the styles are so timeless that you'll have them forever. Once the ones from Nordstrom arrive, you can easily take them back, too. (They were also lovely!) Glad you've been able to avoid the goodies. I know what you mean about the wine; the last few times I've had a glass at home (which has only been maybe twice in the last three months), I've ended up dumping it out since it just doesn't appeal to me.

Robin - I did get caught up yesterday, just about when it was time to go to bed:p That's hilarious about Jimmy Carter and his empty suitcase!

Deb - I'm not sure if Zappos delivers here. I couldn't open that link you posted in my shoe thread. It was asking for a password or something. That's crazy about your bat!!! So, was Fritz hitting the deck every time the bat flew by?

Morning All!

Deb, your bat story made my day.:7 I know it was probably scary, but the image of Fritz "hitting the deck" as Shelley puts it, and you and DH trying to get the winged creature out of your house is hilarious.:7 Sorry, don't mean to laugh at ya.;) Glad the bat is gone, they are kinda creepy. I always think of them getting tangled in your hair or something. :eek: I have a long standing love affair with Dracula, so bats are really cool in relation to him actually. I am a vampire lover.:)I am also happy to see your DH does not kill animals. I went up to some fishermen in SD and asked whether or not they eat what they catch. They said no, they throw the fish back. Why? I had to ask if the hook hurt the fish's mouths and injured them, what fun is that? They looked at me very strangely, like I was some rabid PETA person or something. I just cannot imagine killing a living creature, well, unless its a rat, a cockroach, or a snake. Sorry, snakes are not animals, they are evil creatures that give me nightmares too Jennifer!

Robin, bats in the belfry? I think that might have been a song lyric from an 80's group called "Bahaus" or something like that, they too, were into vampires and all things bat-related. Bats are weird, and I just keep talking about them. That book you are reading about the 5 pound thing is crap--or it sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo emotional crap to me. We all know that we reach for soothing yummy foods when we get too emotional, no big "ah-ha!" moment there right?:) Glad you got it at the library and did not have to pay good money for it! Your salad sounded yummy by the way, I think I might have had that one, or was it a McDonald' salad?

Shelley, go shoe shopping today and purchase at least two pairs. They will make the rest of the week fly by and make you forget about puking puppies and bad dreams. I hate it when I dream stuff like that, you wake up and look at your SO with one eyebrow cocked and then start thinking about rummaging through his internet history--well, *blush* at least I have done that in the past, at the beginning, because I have or had horrid trust issues.:)

Jennifer, SS men huh? Wow. Glad you are all "hooked" up electronically, and oh, I chose both dresses, one for the rehearsal dinner, the other for the wedding, and I know you all are sooo happy my dress drama is over with.

Leanne, oh no, AF sucks! Do you get cramps? Do you know that you actually burn more calories the week before your period starts? That is why you get hungry, its hormones at play, then do you notice right afterwards how your appetite is reduced again? See how smart our bodies are? We have our own little internal calorie regulators.:7 Please try and get some extra rest whenever you can this week, boy, not the week to start huh? Reading your post makes me want to go back to bed and watch bad TV for the rest of the day..so tiring. Only two more days though! Then schedule a nice massage this weekend.:)

Oh, you post pics by sending them to a photo hosting type site like photobucket. Set up an account, then where it says to download, click and find your pics on your computer and click on them, this automatically sends them to photobucket. Then click download photos, they will appear in your new 'album". Next, underneath each pic there are links, click on the one that says "direct link" and copy it. Next, go over to Cathe, get your message started, and paste the link. You can preview the picture before you post it, and there ya go.:) Its kinda a pain, and I still have not figured out how to post actual pics from web sites like Lainie can?

Hi to Lainie, Kara, and Shannon!

Today is Step, Pump and Jump. Not sure whats in store with that one? I do not think I have ever done this one before. I did leaner legs last night with my weighted vest, that workout makes me mad, you never get to stop and catch your breath!}( It seems to drag on forever too, but its a goodie.}( I will bb later...Robin, go out and at least try on a dress, my floral one is a wrap dress style which works on all body types, really!

Good morning ladies! I have to head out for some errands, but wanted to stop in first! :)

Leanne--I am so sorry for all you have to do this week! I wish I could help! :) Diet Mountain Dew is just pure evil, but oh so darn good! }( Don't worry about the eating, just do what you can and pick it up again next week. :)

Robin--Wendy's salads are yummy! So how did the dental appointment go? Quick and painless? :)

Jennifer--Glad you are feeling more positive today! :)

Tneah--Those dresses are gorgeous! Are you excited to wear them? How fun!

Shelley--Let us know about your shoe shopping! I need help too! Sorry about your awful dream and puking puppy. I quarantined cat puke yesterday so DH could handle it when he got home. }( I know, so selfish of me!

Deb--I love that your DH takes pics when hunting. That is so cute! I hate bats! That must have been terrifying! I have fond memories of my dad chasing bats with a tennis racket and hard hat on when I was young. Those were the days...:p I am glad you understand my project dilemma! It doesn't help that we are in the midst of remodeling our kitchen and I am supposed to be the "painter". I despise painting!

I did Powerstrike 1 this morning and will do some yoga later. I had my DH do an iCycle on the spin bike this morning and think I have him hooked! Yea! He almost died trying PlyoX Sat. morning. }( It is so much fun torturing my man. :7

Have a good day! Kara :)

Deb--yes, I did P90X Shoulders & Arms. I love that workout too! I did two rotations last year, but now just throw in single workouts every couple of weeks or so. I encourage you to try a rotation! I made good strength gains with it. :)

Kara

Hi Kara! LOL at the image of your dad chasing bats with his hard hat on, tennis racket in hand!:7
Also, LOL at the image of your DH attempting PlyoX which is a killer workout! So happy he likes the icycle, Keith is okay, but I still have a soft spot for Grace and her strange voice and her annoying "who-hoo's!":7
Diet Mountain Dew is calorie free so who cares? Seriously, I never worry about calorie free stuff since I spend my time trying to avoid stuff than contains too many calories.:7 Oh, unless its the aspartame, I know some folks can be very sensitive to artificial sweeteners. What is Powerstrike?

Hi gals -

It's been an interesting morning. Heck, it was an interesting afternoon yesterday. I'm swamped up to my eyeballs and can't even make time to read everything above. But I just wanted to stop by quickly to say hi. See ya whenever....:7

Hey all,

Just wanted to say "hi" to Tneah! Oh, you'll have to post photos of you in your beautiful new dresses -- if not now, then definitely when you wear them to the wedding!:) I never knew that about the calorie burn around TTOM. How interesting! You know so much interesting stuff! And thanks for the info about posting photos. I haven't figured out how to do it from websites, so maybe Lainie can share that with us. I don't have SPJ and was thinking about getting it. Will you let us know how you like it?:) I have a vampire interest, too, and used to love Bauhaus (my older brother was esp. into them).}( Have you read the Twilight books by Stephanie Meyer? They're meant for teens, but they're really fun and have vampires and werewolves in them. The first one is a bit too teeny, but the other two are really good. Have you read _The Historian_? It's another really good one about Vlad the Impaler!

Lainie -- Just wanted to say that I watched a few of the boys' videos. They are just SOOO adorable!:)

Leanne, yeah, that was part of the research that went into the Menstrulean book we are putting together. There actually is a lot of research dealing with women, hormones and exercise performance...interesting stuff. Two gals in Australia wrote a whole book dedicated to the subject, very cool.
Bauhaus! That is the right spelling! I actually have a few of their "songs" on my ipod. Those were the days.:D Will have to look into those books, they sound awesome. I read Anne Rice for awhile, and then she lost me after Lestat. I was in love with Lestat.:)
I will take lots of pics...DH actually liked the dresses so I got over that hurdle as well, thank goodness. I paid too much for them, but as you pointed out, they will always be in style and appropriate, gotta love Diane Von Furstenberg for that right?:)

Hey gals!

Just a quick note about posting pics directly from a website - go to the picture you want, right click on it and go to the very bottom of the menu that pops up and select Properties. A small screen will pop up and you'll see a URL address that usually ends in .jpg somewhere in the middle of that small screen. Copy the address, including the .jpg, then paste that address into your post and the picture will show up. Like this:

http://www.roughgroove.com/images/2006_02_JasonStatham_MensHealthCover_sm.jpg

Thanks, Shelley! Love the photo you pasted!}(

Tneah -- Hooray for DH liking the dresses! They are so beautiful and classic that you really will have them for years and years. And I'm so glad that you get to wear those adorable straw sandals with them. Oh, yeah, you gotta check out those books, esp. the Twilight ones! They're a fun, easy read. Speaking of which, I ordered that book you mentioned with the great title, so it should be here tomorrow. I may break my rule of only reading one book at a time to start it . . . . I could use a laugh!:) So what news have you gotten about *your* book? It'll be so exciting when it comes out! I hadn't realized that it also included Aunt-Flo-type info, but that definitely makes sense, given the subject matter. Of course, I think you still also need to write your memoirs! Seriously!:)

Shannon -- Sorry work is so crazy busy today!

OK, ladies, I think that I'm going to go do my workout a bit early today. My students turned in rough drafts of their research essays yesterday that I need to read and give back to them tomorrow, but I just can't bear to read them anymore. (I seriously need to re-think my policy of commenting on their rough drafts. No one else I know does it b/c it is SOOO much extra work!! I'm nuts!) I have to get up early tomorrow anyways, so I might just plow through them tomorrow morning, instead of drawing out the pain. I have to head into work in a few hours, and I'm in such a naughty mood with all this talk of shoe-shopping and dress-shopping that I'm half-way tempted to stop at the mall. That would be very, very naughty and bad, though, right?? (She said, only half-wanting to be talked out of it . . . .);-)

Hello everyone. Another busy day here. While Ewan was at school, I did a couple combos of Amy's ASCII, then a stretch segment of her Abs & Stretch. Then I walked in the village a bit, picking up some new hair color (and more necessary bread) at the drugstore and then went to my favorite accessories boutique and got a new wallet.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lainiefig/IMG_0027.jpg

Isn't it cute? It's vegan. And Canadian.

Anyway, when I got home with Ewan, there were a couple guys dragging ladders off the top of a van in front of a house. Sure enough, they're from our contractor. They're preparing for putting up the siding--said they'd be starting that tomorrow. Right now I think they're putting up some scaffolding or something. At least the siding is all on the outside, so it's less disruptive indoors (except for banging noises). I'm going to put Ewan down for his nap in a bit and then clean house some more. I need to clean the floors from all the dust created yesterday.

Oh, and there is one window they still need to replace. We realized that they had brought a non-opening window but we want that one to open, so they have to reorder that one and do it later.

Shelley, sorry about the puking dog and bad dream! What a start to the day. I also had freaky dreams (nothing unusual about that) but mine involved our house falling apart and really really big spiders among other unpleasant things. Ugh. And of course I woke up still very tired.

Robin, hope you find some fun cardio to do this morning. Amy's ASCII was one of the few things that could drag my butt through a workout today, and I still didn't do a whole lot of it. At least I got some additional walking in today, too.

Jennifer, enjoy MM--that's a big fave of mine.

Leanne, sorry the Aunt Flo fatigue has gotten to you. Been there done that (just last week). I hope you have a wonderful day in spite of it. Thanks for watching those videos; I was cracking up while they performed for me yesterday.

Deb, yikes, a bat! We had one get in our apartment in Holland. I was breastfeeding a baby Isaac at the time, so I ended up carrying him to a back room still nursing while DH chased the bat around. It just kept swooping around in circles until he finally scooped it with an umbrella and got it out the window. Yep, these windows tilt and wash. They also have little things you can pop out to only open them a few inches, so you can have the windows slightly open but a thief can't get through or push them open more. That seems handy.

Tneah, I think for Step Jump & Pump I usually do a step circuit premix instead of the whole thing. But I'm not a big fan of hi-lo myself. I love the step from that one, too. Fun stuff.

Kara, who's the instructor on Powerstrike? It sounds familiar but I don't think I've ever had it.

Shannon, hope you get a break later!

Yum, Jason Statham.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey Shelley, great goddess of all things computerize, I get as far the small screen with the address, but I can't "copy" it. The edit button isn't in bold. Did you skip a step? Is it because I'm at work and the computer has stuff screened? Am I really a doofus?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.