::Melting Away Wednesday!::

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a nice & quiet New Year's Day. Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread. The darn dogs got me up at 3:45.x( . Well it's back to work today. At least it's a short week.

Shelley:
Cudos on the weight loss!:7

Emily:
4.5 Lbs! Wow that is great! Sometimes just having to record what you eat makes you watch it more carefully. I too started using my new Cathe calendar, but do not use the stickers. I write the workout, the amount of time, and the cal burned so there is no room for the sticker. The tops and purse are cute!

Michele:
The dinner sounds great! Isn't it nice to go to a place where they know you?

Lainie:
Have a nice visit with your Mom! Yes, tje first 2 weeks on the SB are hard but after that it is pretty much good clean eating.

Leanne:
I am with you on not leaving the house when you have time off from work. My idea of an ideal vacation is staying home with no committments to anyone or anything! I know that sounds crazy to some people. I am DRPW. I will look for that cream at CVS. Maybe we should start another check in for skin issues? LOL :)

Tneah:
It sounds like you had a nice anniversary and New Year's Eve. How many years have you been married? ( sorry if you mentioned this before). I will keep using what I have which is some LaRoche Posay vitamin C stuff supposedly for spots and wrinkles, and I do have Retin A cream. I also had terrible peeling and redness so I only use it once a week now. I will keep trying to find the Nu-Derm as well as getting that cream at CVS. Thanks for all the info!

Judy:
Please post menus if it helps! You may give us some ideas for new things to try that are healthy. I find myself in a rut sometimes so I need some help!

Robin:
You cracked me up with all the "hootin & hollerin".:D..How long was the CC you did? lots of hills?

Have a great day!

Deb

Goodmorning Deb and other melter-type folk.

Deb, I don't have any plans for the upcoming weekend and I love it. I like to be on the go, but sometimes I'm with you in just needing a day with no plans, no committments. I'm an ORPW. So far I've had noticable results in the books cheapest recommendations.

Shelley, way to go on the weight loss. Does that get you close to your goal? I weigh in on Friday and I'm hoping for a drop. I think I'm back on track now. At least for a little while.

Emily, glad to have you back, even if it does mean vacation is over. I just ordered the Dietminder journal. Hope it helps me with my melting. I like your purchases. There is a Kohl's near Tristan's residence, but I have never been in it. Lots of people swear by it, so I guess I'll have to check it out.

Michele, I'm glad you got to go out for NYE. We were all fast asleep by 11:30. Even Jay, Emily and Greyor. Oh, Tristan stayed up, silly boy.

Lanie, how was your Mom's visit? Is she staying with you, or was it just a one day visit?

Leanne, you have a published book?!???! How cool is that! I thought I'd try to write at one time, but I don't have the discipline. I can start a story wonderfully, but then it gets boring and I can't figure out how to stop. I'd love to take time off to read. That would be my ideal vacation. A beach and a book. Hey, that's what I'm doing in March.

Uh oh, I'm out of time and haven't finished my personals. I'll try to get back later. I'm getting hair work done after work, so I'm not sure I'll have time for a workout. If I do, it will be chest and back. We'll see. Have a good day, melters.

Hi Friends :)

I have had a bit of stress. DD16 's flight from Chicago was canceled and she had to spend the night in the airport. She almost boarded a flight bound for Buffalo. I would have gone to get her there. She decided to get on the first flight this morning. The airline put her in a room for unaccompanied minors, since she and her best friend are both under 18. We were up late trying to determine the best flight to get her home. We are having a winter storm warning and I did not want to drive to Buffalo ( 80 miles away) on unsafe roads.

Emily- way to go on your net loss! nice shopping finds!

Robin- I forgot about that hollering in that CC. I am glad you are finding a cardio that does not aggravate your knee! Have you looked at iTrain? They have cycle workouts and are pretty cheap!

Deb- yesterday ( except for last night ) was a total at home day. I didn't do my hair or put on any make up! We enjoyed watching the Buffalo/ Pittsburgh Winter Classic. I am happy to have watched it from my family room!

Today will be a 3 mile easy TM run and yoga.

meals will be:
B steel cut oats with plain NF yogurt and blueberries and cinnamon
S 2 clementines & lofat cheese OR a Lara bar
L Lentil soup ( made a big batch for New years day) some veggie ~ broccoli maybe? or hearts of palm ?
S diced cooked apple with cinnamon, coffee!
D Salmon, spaghetti squash, large spinach salad with whole wheat croûtons and vinagrette.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Morning Melters!

Judy - your menus are always inspiring! Sorry to hear about DD's flight being canceled, but I'm glad the airline has a facility for unaccompanied minors.

Robin - I'm LOL at the tribal yelling in the CC that you did. I agree with Judy that you should check out iTrain too, and also, you should DEFINITELY check out Kohl's. I don't think they ever have anything that's NOT on sale there! My total loss so far is 9 lbs.

Deb - 3:45 - ugh. Silly dogs! I guess they are just creatures of habit.

Well, it's back to work for me today. My time off didn't seem to help my feelings of being tired and burnt out very much, so I think that the rest of this week might be a rest week for me. Does anyone do this with success?

Good morning Melters, and Happy New Year!

I ended up being pretty busy yesterday, in a relaxed sort of way, and just didn't have time to check in. And it was such a bright, beautiful day that I couldn't stay inside, even if we had a vicious wind all day and a wind chill of 22 F! The dog and I took lots of walks!

Ladies, I really want to Melt. I'm just totally bamboozled about how to go about it. What I want is chiseled abs. Not merely defined, but chiseled! I probably won't be able to achieve that, short of eating egg whites and oatmeal. But I'm trying to figure out how to cut fat. And quite frankly, all my ideas pretty much would turn me into a vegan. There's not a darned thing wrong with veganism, but you know, I just don't wanna. Any ideas?

Deb - I'm with you about the ideal vacation. Staying home is the utter best!

Robin - I'm dying to hear about your CC experience! I guess I'd better go check out yesterday's thread!

Shelley - You've lost 9 lbs!!! That's fantastic! As for being tired and burned out - vacations don't help me much either. I feel great during the vacation, but the first time I have to wake up at 4:30 again just flattens me.

Hey Melters!:)

Not feeling th love today, having "one of those" TOTM.x( I literally have to stay in bed with my heating pad and 800 ibuprofens.
I had a feeling this month would be like that, so no workout today, but that is why there is tomorrow!

Shelley, burn out means time to rest, you will be back stronger with more enthusiasm. You gotta do this exercise thing the rest of your life right? What is a few days or weeks, looking at the whole picture? Let yourself rest. ;)

Robin, yes, that image of tribal people dancing about and chanting as you reached the top of your hill was hilarious.:7 Glad your are enjoying!Looks like alot of us ordered that diet minder thing, I did to, have not received it yet...

Deb, glad I could help. I am sure your skin will look amazing!

Judy, glad to hear your DD made it okay, those winter storms back there look pretty wicked, stay safe. And your menu looks delish today!:p

Shannon, You do not have to be a vegan in order to get really 'cut". Its really a matter of eating in controlled portions, things like halibut, broccoli, sweet potatoes, the occasional strawberry and protein shakes. I do know how to get ripped, cause I competed years ago, but the remeberance of that 9 month process is very painful, I was an emotional and physical wreck, although I looked pretty amazing to be sure!:7 but 3 hours of cardio , plus 2 hours of weights each day existing on the afore mentioned diet plan was tough. And I am not willing to go there anymore. Of course that is an extreme case scenario. But I am trying to eat like that now, only with bigger portions and a little more variety with the fruits and veggies. I am going to get back into eating brown rice (I hate cooking it) and stuff like that for carbs. You can do it, its a long process, and hard work, but we can all reach our personal goals this year, whatever they may be. I would like to tighten up my lower half, and again, lose 3-4 pounds of bodyfat.
Also, the closer you are to a "normal" weight, the harder it will be to lose, your body like s the 'status quo" and its tougher to shed that extra fat if your bodyfat is already considered in 'normal" ranges. Oh dear, I have rattled on and on...

In conclusion, I know what I need to do in order to go that last mile with my own body, but its tough and will take alot, do I have it in me? Yeah, and so do you! :7 ("Why thank you Tony Robbins, that was so inspiring!";) Anyway,
hello to all that follow, I ate good yesterday by the way, just need to rest today and talk at ya'll later...

Mornin' Melters!

Melting is going to get harder for me now that I'm back at work. Too much easy access to junk food, and too much time spent sitting on my bum all day long. *sigh* Well, I'll just have to make the best of it. I did a KPC premix this morning to start the day off right. :)

Deb, 3:45? Ouch. That's darn early. x(

Robin, that Dietminder sounds cool! And *gasp* you've never been in a Kohl's???? You must go now! Everything is always on sale. Seriously. :)

Judy, OMG, I hope your DD gets home safely! Canceled flights suck. :(

Shelley, enjoy your rest week!

Shannon, hang in there. Melting will come. :) And I hear ya - there's nothing wrong with veganism at all. But I don't wanna either.

Tneah, I hope you feel better soon! Cramps are the worst. :(

Hi everyone!

I think that I'm going to take today as a rest day. I've been pushing myself hard all week with my workouts and cutting back on calories, and I think I'm feeling a bit overtrained. I was only going to take tomorrow off, but I think that I'll do two rest days in a row so that I can start my new 4DS rotation on Friday with energy!

Today I'm also meeting a girlfriend for lunch and some shopping, which I'm excited about. Do any of you have Panera cafes near you? They have the tastiest sandwiches, and some healthy options.

Tneah -- You are always so motivating and inspirational!:) You always have such great advice to give to all of us! I hope that the cramps get better! And, yes, we'll definitely have to meet for lunch sometime when you're here in SD! That would be so fun! I'm glad, too, that you're not doing the Slim Series if you don't like it. Like you said, life's too short to not enjoy things!

Judy -- Glad your DD is safe and sound! Traveling in bad weather can be so scary!

Deb -- That would be fun to start a skin care check-in, wouldn't it?! Hope your day back at work goes smoothly!

Robin -- Glad you had fun with your new workout! Yes, I have a book, but it's a scholarly one, which means that no one will really read it! Here's a link to it: http://www.bucknell.edu/script/upress/book.asp?id=274

Shelley -- That's a great idea to take the rest of the week off! I need to do that more frequently. Plus, you've lost so much weight that you deserve a nice break as a reward!

Lainie -- Did you mom and Wes arrive safely? How is the SBD going? Hope you can enjoy your visit with them!

Shannon -- Tneah obviously knows so much more about this, but the book that really has helped me cut my fat a bit is Tom Venuto's _Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle_. Do you have it? He gives a lot of good information about cutting fat, and that's what really helped me lose weight since August. It's a pricey book and you have to order it on-line, but it's great!!

Judy - I really hope your DD makes it home safely! That'd be tough!

Tneah - Ugh. I hope this passes quickly. Poor you! Thanks a bunch for the inspirational post! I sure don't want to get ripped if that's what it takes. OMG. And remember a few weeks ago when I talked about my "set point?" Sigh. I know this is going to be hard. But then, we all need a little challenge, don't we?

Leanne - I hope you have a relaxing and fun rest day! It sounds like you well. I don't have BFFM, but maybe I'll check it out. Thanks!

Emily - you hang in there too. I know it's tough, this sitting on your behind all day. Ugh. But Keep.Away.Fromthejunkfood! :7

Hi there Melter's!

I'm here to report that, as of 4:15 PM, I was finished with my workout :D . I'm always so thrilled when I complete a workout before 11: pm -- lol!! All I have to do now is stretch and shower, then the rest of the evening is mine to do with as I please.

My biggest hurdle on the road to weight loss and fitness is PROCRASTINATION. I'm an expert at putting things off or allowing myself to be sidetracked. If I want to melt I'm going to have to find a way to avoid avoidance. Does that make any sense? Anyway, I'm pretty proud of myself for doing my cardio at a reasonable hour ;)

Deb - My kitty is pretty tenacious when it comes to mealtime and he doesn't let up until we get up. I'm just so very grateful that he lets us sleep in until 6:30 or so -- lol! And yes, it's wonderful to go out to a restaurant where they know us...and like us! This particular restaurant serves up gourmet food in a casual environment. It's a small place with only about 30 tables and the service is wonderful.

Robin - I did CCV2 today in your honor! I love the tribal stuff -- lol! The thing I love about CC is that Coach Sean makes me forget I'm working out and that's some trick! He motivates me like no one else and makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I set out to do.

Judy - Oh my, I can't imagine the stress of having a child stuck at the airport overnight! Has she gotten home yet? Prayers have been said. Your meal plans look fabulous! I adore lentil soup -- (not the loaf, tneah, the soup -- lol!)

Shelley - I can't really answer your question about rest weeks from personal experience, mostly because I've had too many rest weeks :eek: , but yes, I think it's a good idea for you. Burn out requires some sort of recuperation. I like what tneah had to say about it ;)

Cuz - It sounds like you had a wonderful NYD! I like your description of being busy in a relaxed way. That sounds nice. As for your dietary questions -- boy, I don't know. I saw your cheese thread. I guess you'll have to find a way to cut that back a little. How about things like oil, butter, milk -- do you consume much of those? Maybe increase things like beans and high fiber grains? Good luck with it and let us know what you come up with.

tneah - {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}} for you! I hope you're feeling better soon. Ya gotta love Ibuprofen! I love your attitude, and you could give old Tony a run for his money ;)

Leanne - I hope you enjoyed your well deserved rest day! Ooh, I love Panera! They have a chicken sandwich I love -- I can't remember what it's called but it comes on focaccia and I always order it on whole grain. Congratulations on being a published author!! What a huge accomplishment! I looked up your book and it actually looks like something I would enjoy. I'm not a scholar by any stretch of the imagination, but in my old age I've become more interested in scholarly pursuits, or at least my curiosity is piqued.

Evily - I hope your first day back at work wasn't too traumatic. I'm sending powerful junk food avoidance vibes your way!

Lainie - I hope you're having a wonderful visit with your mom. Oh boy, now don't be hard on yourself if you screw up the SBD while she's there. I'm sending diet vibes your way~~~~~

Hello to anyone I missed and I'll see y'all tomorrow :)

Sorry, ladies. I never got back as I planned and now I'm too tired to spend much time here.

tneah, I hope your cramps pass quickly.

Leanne, your book looks fascinating. I'm also impressed with your publisher. I live about about 20 miles from Bucknell!

Evily, I'll be sure to hit Kohl's next time we get to Scranton.

Michele, high five on fitting your workout in so early in the day.

I didn't get home from the hairdresser until about 6. DH had gotten subs for dinner. Not very melty. I was too tired to pass it up. No workout today. I sure hope tomorrrow is a little easier on my poor weary bones. I'm bushed. Night all.

A quick Hello Melters-

Tneah- I hope the cramps have diminished. You didn't ramble at all. It is interesting to read about your previous competition experience.

Robin- sleep well, I'm turning in early too.

Michele- Good day today!

Shelly- I agree about a rest week. take care :)

DD16 made it back here on the 6am flight our of O'hare. She is no worse for the wear, except very tired. Thanks for the prayers

I'm heaed to my favorite chair with a pencil and suduko book.

Nighty night

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.