Melting away again in Margaritaville--WEEKEND!

Morning!!!

Just running in quickly to say I did A-Jock's version of Lowmax this morning, holding an 8 lb medicine ball for all the blasts (except the last one). WOW! It's killer!

I have to run out now and do some errands but I'll check back in later!

I think this is my first time to start the group. Usually I am lazy and I just come and refresh waiting for someone else to start. But today I felt slightly proactive--in spite of the fact that it's after 9am and I'm still wearing pajamas and my glasses. Will go upstairs soon and put on clothes and contacts.

I had another weird dream last night, but not quite as weird. In this one, my husband had a second wife (who was young and pretty-grrr) and a crazy father who lived with us. DH himself was also kind of weird--can't remember how just remember thinking he needed a shrink. We were in the middle of a move and the whole extended family was staying in a hotel in one bedroom and I couldn't get them to turn the lights out so I could sleep. I was so mad that I got up and threatened to leave him for good, but as I was starting the SUV (don't actually own an SUV) DH came running out and convinced me to stay. I loved him so much I had to stay, though I still grumbled about the crazy father-in-law and the other wife. I woke up very relieved to be the only wife of a good husband. Whew. I gave him an extra special hug as he slept.

Not sure about my workouts this weekend. I am still sore today from Thursday's upper body workout. Yikes. Maybe I'll do some cardio. I want to be ready to start BFL workouts on Monday. :)

No particular plans today. Still piles of snow out there and it's supposed to snow some more. As long as it doesn't rain and flood the basement again, I'm happy.

Tneah, sorry you had such a rough day with the pain meds. Funny that they can make you hyper. I am especially prone to being drowsy on meds (which I know I've complained of here before). I end up just living with whatever I'm medicated for so I don't sleep away my life. I hope you have a better Saturday.

TK, hope you can work out today without kicking man or beast. :) I once kicked Isaac when he was a toddler while I was doing Tae Bo. Luckily not too hard--don't think he even cried. Much. I haven't done that since though I have sort of backed into the kids while doing step moves.

Leanne, are you sore after yesterday's workout?

Robin, sorry for the blah day--hope you have a better Saturday.

Shelley, the headache did finally go away. It wasn't a migraine but it was pretty bad anyway. Ugh.

Hello to all who follow. BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Morning All!

Lainie, loved the margaritaville line...reminds of the little bar here on the strip named the same thing where you can get HUGE margaritas!
Nice to see you up and at 'em this morning, sounds like both of us feel better today thank goodness.

OOh, LowMax...might have to try that today! Thanks Shelley for the idea. I am feeling lots better, sweat the anthesthia (spelling wrong there) out last night, boy I woke up looking like Medusa.:eek: hair all over the place, but slept sooo good I feel like a new woman. My mouth hurts though, now I know what it really feels like after all the drugs wore off. Do you just hold the ball during the blasts for added intensity? I have only done the first 5 combo's of Low Max. Maybe I will just stick to a Grace workout this morning, walk my arse off on the treadmill.

My tummy feels much better too, drank some dieters tea to help things "along" since pain meds can make you a little, well you know. Worked like a charm and I feel great! TMI, sorry.

My DH has a relative in town he has not seen in 10 years, his cousin and his wife who will paying us a visit today. Need to attack the floors, it rained yesterday so they are horrid with Georgie prints all over!x(

Gonna try and stick with the diet plan today, see if I can tolerate chicken breasts...I got the ice cream thing outta my system...boy was that a fun and delicious time last night.
:9 BBL to check in with the rest of you...

Howdy, everyone! Ahh, the weekend. Need I say more?

It looks like Low Max is the workout of the day! I'm going to try it too, calf permitting, of course. It gave me trouble all day yesterday, but it's a little better today. I'm stretching it every two hours... fun! :p I also stopped to pick up a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement last night, so we'll see if that helps. And I can't believe I did this. I swore I never would. I decided to try a protein supplement. Ick. But I figured what the heck. Maybe my calf muscle needs a little extra to help it heal. Who the heck knows?

I have lots of wonderful, fresh food in the fridge too. So come h*** or high water, my eating is going to be CLEAN this weekend.

Shelley - I started to try that version of LM once, but I just like to flail my arms around too much, so I put the med ball down and went back to the old way. I'm sure it is killer though!

Lanie - I'm glad you're feeling okay today. I hope that whatever workout you decide on, it feels great!

Tneah - can you puree those chicken breasts? ;) Just kidding. Hopefully the pain will subside throughout the day.

Hi to everyone else! I probably won't be around much this weekend.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

I just finished some breakfast (Eggbeaters and a multi-grain waffle with berries on top) and am gearing up to tackle Clean Max today. I'm feeling so sore from doing all of PS upper body yesterday! Today, though, I'll be hitting the legs with Kick Max and then Core Max 3. I haven't done KM for so long, and so I'm really looking forward to it. I've been doing Amy Bento's KBX the last couple of months as my KB workout since I know that AB's KBX torches more calories, but I miss KM and KPC, so I'll be re-introducing those back in to my workouts.

What does everyone have planned for today? I'll be cleaning and doing laundry, and then hopefully relaxing by beading and reading. My DH is meeting with his gaming group all day today, so I'll have the house to myself this afternoon.

Lainie -- You were up early to start the thread! How are you feeling today? What an awful dream you had! It sounds like you need some serious relaxing!

Shelley -- Glad you made it through all of DM yesterday. Do you like that workout? I just love it! Doing LM with the med ball sounds killer! Yikes! I'll have to try that sometime soon.

Tneah -- Are you feeling better, sweetie? Did DH snore too much last night? You sound like you got a decent night's sleep after all. Glad your belly is feeling back to normal. I love seeing Georgie in your new avatar!

Shannon -- I know -- there's nothing quite like the weekend, is there?! What kinds of yummy, healthy foods do you have tucked away in the fridge?

BBL to say hi to Robin, Deb, TK, and Emily!

Edited for a typo!

Goodmorning all.

Leanne, I didn't have much planned today, but I think I let the housework slide this past week. I'll use your post as inspiration to get some work done before I park my buttinski on the couch and relax.

Shannon, let me know if the supplement is helpful. I tried condritin (sp?) when my knee first started to ache and didn't notice any difference in any of my joints. Of course, you aren't dealing with a joint issue, are you. Well, good luck with it anyway.

tneah, it sounds like you are doing better today. Don't overdo with the entertaining. Are you done with the dental work for now, or do you have to go back for more?

Lainie, I rarely remember any of my dreams. I wonder what that means? And what it means when you remember them so vividly?

Shelley, maybe I'll try that someday too. My med ball usually just keeps my stability ball company. I think they have quite a thing going.

I did CCv5 this morning. Tomorrow is a rest day. I giving some serious thought to getting my cross country skis out for a short,easy spin in the snow though. It's been 4 weeks since my surgery. Shouldn't my knee be up to that?

Robin, cross country skiing? Oh you are so lucky, I would love to learn how to do that, when I lived in Park City, Utah I always meant to learn, but never did. Not sure with your knee, maybe do a minute or so and see how it feels?
Sadly, I am not done. I have to get a dental implant or a bridge now. I am leaning towards the implant as a bridge over time can weaken the teeth beside it leaving them prone to decay--I have crowns on those teeth...my dentist seems to think an implant might be the better option. I swear I have beautiful teeth! I just didn't do my homework with the veneer dentist and ended up with a mouth full of inferior materials that are now breaking down and in need of repair.x( I will probably be back in the dentist office getting alot of my veneers and crowns replaced this year..crap.

Good news is I "gummed" some scrambled Egg Beaters and two whole grain tortilla's after my workout....yeah! :) I did Grace's 40 minute workout, I added an extra 5 minutes on, and then did shoulders and abs.
Need to go shower and stuff, BBL, hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend....did you see those pics of Lindsey Lohan in the New York magazine trying to "play" Marilyn Monroe? x( Oh dear, no comparison, a little arrogant on her part to think she could even touch an icon like Marilyn...that is my celebrity gossip for today...

Whoo hoo! I dug out the skis and got out for a little bit. I took it easy and had no knee issues. The only problem I had was the blisters I got on my heels. Dang boots. tneah, it was lovely. If you ever get the chance, give it a try.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Well, today was another morning when I was up at 5:15, listening to the rain for awhile before I finally just got up. I hate the fact that I can't sleep in anymore on the weekends. UG! Ah, well!

What does everyone have planned for workouts today? I'm going to be doing CTX Leaner Legs for the first time, which I'm really looking forward to (did I just say that?!) since I've heard so many good things about it, along with CTX Shoulders/Bis/Tris.

Robin -- I've always wanted to try out cross-country skiing! It looks like so much fun, but also so challenging. Are your knees still feeling alright today? I can't believe that it's already been four weeks since your surgery!

Tneah -- Glad you've been able to gum a bit more food! Are you feeling better today?

Lainie -- Any bad dreams last night? Can you maybe try a relaxing lavender oil before bed to help take away those upsetting thoughts?

Deb -- How was the play the other night?

Shelley -- How are you feeling? Have you been able to get a run in with that snow?

Shannon -- How did the protein supplement end up tasting? And is your calf feeling better today?

TK -- Hope you're relaxing after that busy week at work!

Emily -- Haven't seen you for a few days! Hope you're well!

Good Sunday Morning Everyone:)

I actually worked out yesterday, did my regular thing. So either it was the painkiller talkin' or I am feeling better.;) I tried skipping my dose yesterday and found out why they give them to you--my mouth hurt like hell.
Actually I am feeling better, although sleep last night was broken up into two hour increments, I would wake up, stay up for 20 minutes then fall back to sleep...ugh.x( Which means a nice midday nap might be in order. Ground up turkey breast last night and mashed up some green beans and made a sort of "veggie/protein mush"....hungry anyone?:p I wrote to Mr. Trainer man, he said not to sweat any weight gain because antibiotics can add water weight...who knew?

Leanne, you are doing Leaner Legs plus CTX shoulders,etc..??:eek: WOW. Never done Leaner Legs eh?}( }( Thats all I will say right now, am waiting for your thoughts after you are done....*whistles and rolls eyes*:7 In fact I might have to traipse to the gym today and do legs myself....so might join you in your pain today.

Robin, I used to love to do the old school Nordic Track machine! I still look for it at the gym...I loved that machine. Its always fun when your exercise is so fun it doesn't feel like exercise! One of these days I will get the chance to try cross country skiing, along with snowshoes.

Lainie, before you fall asleep tonight say a prayer and ask that you be clearly shown the meaning of your strange dreams when you awake in the morning. I do that when I have alot of weird dreams, I know its something important I need to deal with, and the prayer works!:)

Shannon, hows that leg today? Is mom cooking up a storm for the Oscars tonight?:9 I don't know if you guys even watch it, but its a great excuse to eat good food and judge others shamelessly.:D

Shelley, I bet you are running right now aren't ya? I downloaded a bunch more itrains. I cannot believe how much I really look forward to doing them now, I was so reluctant before. Grace is awesome. I like Keith and his killer bike/elliptical workouts too, but Grace is best.

I thought I might do DrillMax cardio blasts this morning, I am not sure yet, or try a new itrain....not sure yet. Not sure about the leg workout either....I am sure I am headed into PMS territory this week...lovely when "The Hunger" strikes and all you can do is gum food.:7 Will have to watch my coffee intake this week, as I have noticed I am really sensitive to it the week before my period...ahhh the joys of getting older...;) BBL to chat

Just had to come back and tell you guys I actually did ALL of LowMax with my 5 pound medicine ball during the blasts-yes, I had to "copycat" Shelley, although Shelley used an 8 pounder!:7 WOW. That workout is like a endurance leg workout isn't it? Loved it.

OK, I'm a bit late checking in today, but here I am. I've been wasting a lot of time on Facebook and then I just finished a premix of Amy Bento's ASCII. I've been doing that one a lot lately but wanted to do it one last time before starting BFL tomorrow--don't think I'll have many excuses to do it on the program since it's steady state step.

So tomorrow's the big day when I start Body for Life. Need to make sure I get some planning done tonight. I think as far as workouts go, for tomorrow I'll just do the upper body workout exactly as he lays it out without a video or anything. Then later I'll try doing it with PUB and stuff.

Ooh, had another freaky dream last night. Or a few, actually. One involved our house, which was not quite the same as our actual house anyway. It was falling apart--terribly--like the floors were tearing apart so you could see the basement below. There was also a dream where I was back in school again and hadn't done any of my homework for 6 different classes. Then there was another dream where my dad gave me a strange really old car--powder blue and bulbous. The house thing is actually something I can sort of interpret--I seem to remember that when you dream of a house, the house represents your inner self. Usually when I dream of a house, it's a weird big rambling place with lots of secret rooms (which I guess is like me :)) or I'm rushing around trying to lock all the windows and doors before bad people come (which is probably some self-protective thing). This was the first time I remember the house literally coming apart, though--funny thing is I feel pretty normal and happy when awake. Maybe the house coming apart has to do with all my injuries and illnesses the last few months?

Tneah, when I went to Key West for Spring Break (way back in '95 or '96), we went to the Margaritaville cafe there. I think I had a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Of course. I saw those Lindsay Lohan pictures--trying to do Marilyn. Of all the people for the photographer to choose to imitate Marilyn, L-Lo seems like a pretty poor choice. Ugh.

Shannon, how did your calf feel with Low Max?

Leanne, the funny thing is, like I said, I don't feel so stressed or upset when awake--maybe because I work it all out while I'm sleeping? I usually feel like I have a great life and I'm pretty easy-going. Hmm.

Robin, my DH rarely remembers his dreams either. And when he does remember them, he'll say "I had a weird dream last night." Then he'll describe it and it seems pretty tame to me, so I'll tell him about my latest dream with aliens or talking owls wearing hats or whatever (I once had a dream involving aliens and a talking owl with a hat). I don't know why I have such wacky dreams and remember them every morning. Maybe it has to do with being more right brained or something.

OK, I'm still sitting here in my workout clothes and it's chilly (our house is always cold--at least when DH is home turning the thermostat down) so I'm going to go clean up a bit and put back on my multiple layers and jeans. Brrr.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.