Melting on "Hump Day" !

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread, 293 calories. It is really windy here and raining... strange for January. Things are blowing around the yard. I thought the dogs wouldn;t be able to stand up out there:eek: . I am glad I'm not flying today.

Shelley:
Cudos on the second time you hit a PR this week!:D What a cute picture!

Robin:
Glad you are back home and resting!

Shannon:
What nice parents you have! cooking for you and all..:* Glad you are taking it easy on your calf.

Stephanie:
I never heard of that Pirates Booty...sounds very addicting!

Lainie:
very nice bedding colors! Ewan is adorable :D I am going to check out those discs when it gets closer to STS time and we have more info.

Tneah:
Don't you hate when the internet ghosts do their damage? what makes that happen?? I may try the Rescue Remedy..how was your gym workout? I haven't been in a gym in probably 15 years! 45 degrees? a veriable heat wave!LOL

Judy:
Glad to hear your Dad is ok.

Emily:
I hope your week gets better...keep doing the 4DS..it will keep the stress levels down. Glad to hear you found the beeping! How long was your power out? 8 degrees? I saw this on the OD forum..I hope your pipes don;t freeze..where are you?

Hi to Leanne and anyone else I missed and Have a great day!

Deb :)

RE: Melting on

Morning Deb and all who follow. I just finished Step Blast and SJP abs.

Deb - it's really super-windy here too! Thanks for the kudos and the compliment. Sophie is a real ham when you pull out the camera.

Okay, I'm off to check out yesterday's thread and see what's going on.

Good morning, Melters -

Well, that BM2 cardio I did Monday wasn't such a good idea after all. My calf was stiff all day, and when I walked down to feed the horses last night, it was sore. So I guess I should stay with low impact workouts and the elliptical for a while longer. I had a darned good upper body workout last night - the 4DS upper body premix. Whew. And I proudly ate a low-fat vegan meal last night. :7

Deb - we had crazy winds yesterday! 60 mph gusts! Road signs were blowing down, shingles coming off roofs, etc. It was interesting, to say the least.

Shelley - you know, you're starting to make me want to try morning workouts! But I'd have to get up at 3 a.m. :eek: I don't think I'll try it after all.

Emily - did your power come back on? I hope you stayed warm!

Hi to everyone else... I'll check back later for more personals.

Shannon - uh, no. If I had to get up at 3, I wouldn't be doing morning workouts either. 4:30 is just about manageable.

We've got the 60 mph gusts today. It's crazy.

Good morning melters.

Deb, thanks for updating me with everyone's personals. I really should go see what I missed yesterday.

Shelley, you are a running machine!! Way to go.

My surgery went well. I overheard the nurses in the Recovery Room saying my surgeon was the only one on time yesterday. We had ice in the morning and I guess the ER and the OR was crazy with fall victims. I'm having little to no pain. I don't think it's all due to the pain meds, since I made it through most of the night without any. I've done one round of exercises and ice. So far, so good. I have to go get my knee elevated, but I'll try to get back later. Thanks again, everyone, for your uplifting thoughts, prayers and posts. They mean a lot to me.

Good Morning!:7 I keep getting up at 6:00am now. Very nice.Allows me more time to fritter away on my computer before I have to really get going!

Robin, so glad to see you are already reporting back!:7 Glad to hear it went well, and stay on top of the pain with your meds, that is what they are for.;) Sounds like you are already on the road to recovery, they make you start moving right away don't they? Please rest alot and eat your protein, its good for you after surgery--well so is chocolate I think.:9 Hope your gang is taking good care of you. Are you on a machine that moves your knee? On crutches?

Shelley, hey there!:) I actually liked Step Blast, and just might do that one this morning for cardio. Am finding you can keep your heartrate right where it needs to be by backing off, or increasing intensity as needed, its kinda a pain in the arse though, I am ready to toss my heart rate monitor out the window!

Deb,the picture of your dogs outside doing their business in high winds makes me laugh, wee-wee flying around everywhere!:7 It was windy yesterday, and when I took George for his walk, when he lifted his leg on things, his pee, went all over the place.Oh, and he is fixed and has "questionable' back legs, so watching him trying to teeter on one foot while "wetting down" a post or whatever is hilarious!

Shannon, awww, take it easy woman, that calf is just letting you know maybe its not time to pull out all the stops with BM2. I have never even done that workout, don't know why except the whole 80 minute dread factor I suppose.x(

Emily, hope you got the power back on, that sucks!

Hi to Leanne, Stephanie, Lainie, TK-where were you yesterday?And Judy!

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, by the time I got home from running around, I switched my workout from legs to chest/arms/calves, all of which I can do at home. DH flew to SLC yesterday and I didn't want Georgie to be by himself anyway.:) Will however, go today, its unavoidable, the leg workout requires equipment I simply do not have at home.Sigh, hope its not too bad, will try and go midday when the crowds are less.
Diet is getting easier, and I am getting almost sick of eating in a way because all the joy of food is kinda gone for me, its about eating it for fuel now, oh dear, I am turning into a machine.
No, its all good, contemplating whether to weigh or not to weigh today. BBL....

Robin - I'm glad you're doing so well today. No pain is a very good thing. What sort of exercises are you doing? Are you allowed to walk, or are you on crutches for a while?

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I missed you guys again yesterday! I hate not being able to check in with the group on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I barely have time to eat lunch those days, let alone get on-line, and then I come home wiped out. It's still a nice work schedule, though, in the sense that I can stay home and work in my jammies (hooray for flannel pajamas on cold winter mornings!) the other three days.

I'm hoping that my melting will be better this week since I haven't had time to eat very much on Tuesdays and Thursdays (which is actually not really a good thing). Today I'll be doing S&H Legs, and I may add a HIIT workout to it before doing weights. I was going to try to get up at 4:30 yesterday to do a HIIT workout, but I just couldn't get up quite that early and face the rest of the day. Ah, well. I like to separate my weights and cardio on different days, but figure that doing a short cardio segment one day a week when I do weights won't be that bad.

Robin -- I am so relived to hear that your surgery went well yesterday! Although I couldn't check in yesterday b/c of my crazy work schedule, I was sending you positive vibes all day! Will the pain killers knock you out? I'm glad that you're on your way to recovery!

Shannon -- I'd have to get up super early to exercise on T/TH, too, so I'm just thinking that I'll skip those days. Glad to hear that your calf is doing fine!

Shelley -- Sophie is adorable! How old is she? How awesome that you hit another personal record!

Deb -- It sounds like your work is so interesting! How fun, too, to have your meeting in Mexico! Will you get any time to explore and have fun on your own? I actually ended up ordering those Gliding Discs to use on my carpeted floors since the whole paper plates thing makes me nervous.

Tneah -- Hey there, chica! How did the workout at the gym go yesterday? Were you able to work your legs good and hard?

Lainie -- That bedding is so gorgeous! I hope you can talk DH into letting you get it! What lovely colors! And Ewan is just adorable! How are YOU feeling?

Stephanie -- Oh! Pirate's Booty is so good! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Judy -- I'm so very glad to hear that your dad is alright!!

TK -- OK, so in my latest issue of _Self_ magazine they had an article about doing classic Jane-Fonda-inspired workouts -- and the model was wearing pink legwarmers!! We really were on to something back in the 80's!

Emily -- Glad that you discovered the beeping source!

Michele -- I saw your message from the other day about not officially checking in for awhile, and just wanted to say "hi" and send hugs your way in case you swing by! I hope that things return to normal for you soon!

Guess what guys? I lost 2 more pounds since last Wednesday, making a total of 6 pounds lost since I started!:7 Boy, I must have had alot of water weight to lose, I am starting to see more definition in my arms and upper abs. I guess there is something to be said for being consistent in my eating.;) Just wanted to share.

Hi Leanne, its so hard trying to "figure it out" when your schedule totally changes, I hate that! You will though, start carrying more food with you and preparing a bunch of it to keep in the fridge to grab as you go, this is what I am learning to do, its kinda a pain though!

BBL...

Hi guys! I had a bad eating evening. I made some biscotti, and though it was a cleanish recipe (by Ellie Krieger), I think dipping them in hot chocolate was probably a big no no, but it was divine. Tonight is supposed to be ballet, but DH is having trouble getting home on Wednesdays in time for me to go, so I think that I may have to drop the Wednesday class, which is OK. Monday is my favorite and most challenging class anyway. If no ballet, then I'll do my new Timesaver. I took yesterday as a rest day because kids were crazy and DH got home so late I had no time for myself. Today is a new day though.

Robin: SO glad the surgery went well and you aren't in much pain. Take it easy!

Deb: Mexico sounds like so much fun!

Tneah: Glad eating is getting easier. I wish I could think of food as simply fuel. But I'm a good old southern girl. Life revolves around the kitchen table, it seems sometimes.

Shannon: Congrats on the clean eating! But take it easy on that calve!

Shelley: Congrats on a good workout. You're so consistent!

OK, off to eat a late breakfast. I wonder how naughty this fat-free/decaf cinnamon latte is that I'm sipping on...

Happy Hump Day, Melters! :)

My power came back on late last night, thank goodness. The damn smoke detector is still beeping because I don't have the right size battery for it. I may very well take it down and whack it with a shoe until it dies, a la Phoebe in that one episode of Friends. :p

Today was a rest day for me. Yesterday was horrific, as far as my eating was concerned. I'm trying to do better today. *chanting* No cookies. No cookies. No cookies.

Deb, I live in Central Illinois. A cold front blew in last night. A VERY cold front. :p Winds as high as 50 mph, and wind chills down to -20.

Shannon, sorry to hear your calf is bugging you again. Take it easy! And good job on the low-fat vegan dinner! :) That definitely makes up for the pizza.

Robin, I'm so glad you're not having a lot of pain after your surgery. :)

Tneah, never let the joy of food leave completely! It's good to enjoy something rich and tasty every now and then. It makes life less boring. :) And way to go on your 2 pound loss!

Leanne, good to see you today! Sorry your work schedule is so hectic on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but the rest of your week sounds awesome to me. :)

Stephanie, I love biscotti! Yum!!! Sorry you might have to drop ballet class.

Hello all. I'm very sleepy today for some reason. I slept o.k. but went to bed late--guess I just didn't get enough sleep. I wish I were one of those people who could function on less sleep (like my DH).

I ran some errands on foot today while Ewan was in school--post office, drugstore, etc. So I feel like I've managed to be productive in spite of being tired. I also already got some exercise by walking all over town. Today I need to do some kickboxing and abs if I have the energy. Someone send me some energy!

OK, I'm just going to copy something Emily wrote on yesterday's thread:
"I don't think I will be melting this week, thanks to PMS, which has caused me to shove every morsel of food I can find down my gullet. Plus I'm doing the 4DS rotation, and the heavier weight training has me feeling constantly hungry. And work is particularly stressful today, which makes me want to eat chocolate. Oy. It's going to be a long week." Ditto to all that except the work part. My work is a 2-year old and a 5-year old, though, so I have a bit of stress with that (like last night when they were super-whiny.

Deb, we've got the wind and rain here today, too. Nearly blew poor little Ewan away when we were walking home (well, not quite--he's pretty chunky).

Shelley, loved the Sophie picture yesterday--boy can she pose!

Shannon, I know the feeling of overdoing it (though in my case it's knees and ankle rather than calf). I had a blast doing Amy's ASC2 yesterday but then my knees crackled all over the place (even though I used just the MatStep) so I think I need to keep it lower impact. x(

Robin, glad everything went well--I wish you a speedy recovery! My mom is in for surgery today!

Tneah, congrats on the weight loss--you are rocking this new plan.

Leanne, unfortunately, though Brian liked the bedding, he didn't like the price. x( Dude is SO CHEAP. So I'm showing him cheaper offers.

Stephanie, fat-free/decaf cinnamon latte doesn't sound too naughty. However, it makes me want to go get one.

Emily, see above where I quoted you verbatim. Not so good on the eating yesterday, either. PMS rears it's ugly head. It's been annoying me for a while, actually--not technically supposed to start until next week (when I'm on the "inactive" pills) but I've been spotting for over a week already. I think my body is like, "when are we getting this period over already?" since I've been on the 3-month pills. TMI? Of course.

Judy, yes, I like fage Greek yogurt! I actually first heard about it from Tracey Staehle's blog and I took her ideas for stuff to add to it as well (raspberries, milled flax seed, honey, that kind of thing--yum).

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Robin - I'm so glad to see you here! And so happy that you're not in too much pain! Enjoy your relaxation!

Tneah - high fives on losing 2 more lbs! That's awesome! I always go into Step Blast thinking it's an "easy" workout, then it kicks my butt.

Leanne - sounds like your Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty hectic. Sophie is 10 now, but I think she was 6 or 7 in that picture.

Stephanie - mmmmmmmmmm... biscotti and hot chocolate. Sounds scrumptious! Sorry you have to give up one of your ballet classes, but at least you get to keep the one you like better:)

Emily - I'm glad you found the source of your beeping. Now get some batteries, would ya?:p I'm chanting "no cookies" right along with you.

Lainie - sorry to hear you're so tired. I hope you manage to wake up soon. I think most kids are good posers. It's only as adults that we get camera-shy. Sorry DH nixed the bedding. I hope you can find some that you like equally as much:)

Leanne - I hope you get your schedule worked out so everything flows smoothly. Those long days sound tough!

Stephanie - if you have to cut one ballet class, I sure am glad you get to keep your favorite one!

Emily - will the beeping stop if you take the battery completely out? I'm very glad your power came back on, because trying to stay warm without it last night would have been rough. Whew.

Lanie - I'm not going to send you any energy! I'm sending you good sleeping vibes instead! I hope you get plenty of rest tonight.

We might get some snow either tomorrow or tomorrow night. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll happen during the night, and I'll wake up on Friday and realize that golly gee whiz, I can't drive in, and then enjoy a three-day weekend. :7

Time for afternoon personals! :)

Lainie, sorry you're sleep-deprived too. It stinks, doesn't it? I just can't function on less than 7 hours. And sorry about the PMS monster too. The only thing that calms that beast is unclean food. It's sooooo unfair! And yes, having a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old is definitely stressful work. I have coworkers who ACT like 2-year-olds and 5-year-olds, so I can really feel your pain. :p

Shelley, don't worry, I'll get some batteries! :)

Shannon, I think it will still beep if I take the batteries out because it's also hardwired to the electrical panel. All of our smoke detectors are dual power source. Now, if I were to rip it off the ceiling and throw it in the neighbor's yard, it might stop beeping... hmmmm.... :p

Afternoon, all!

Alright, so count me in on the Aunt-Flo-Is-Here-and-I'm-Eating-Like-A-Pig group! That, combined with S&H, is making me ravenous! I want CARBS like crazy!!

Tneah -- That is so fantastic that you've lost more weight! And don't try to say that it's all water weight; you've been working hard at cutting calories and working out, so I'm sure that much of that weight loss is fat! You're doing awesome!!

Emily -- Glad you got power back on! How frustrating to be without it. What town in Illinois are you in? We lived in Indiana for three years when I was in grad school. We loved Bloomington, but hated the cold weather since we're both from San Diego! It was too cold for our bones! Brr! Stay warm!

Stephanie -- What a disappointment that you might have to drop your Wed. ballet class! I hope it works out. And don't beat yourself up for enjoying those biscotti!

Shannon -- How's your calf feeling this afternoon?

Shelley -- I bet Sophie is just as adorable now as she was then! It sounds like she's such a cutie!

Lainie -- Good luck finding more bedding. Maybe, though, you could talk him into that lovely set . . . . Oh, and when I started using the three-month pill cycle, I had a lot of spotting, too, at first. It will get better after a few three-month cycles.

Hey Kids.:)

So I stepped foot in the gym for my leg workout! Have not been in a gym in two years really, or at least in the weight room, I actually enjoyed it, nice having different equipment to work legs--namely the leg sled or press. My hip behaved quite well and I got a terrific workout! I will however try and go midday from now on, as there are no "looky-loos" or whatever you call those gross gym rats types that walk around with their arms puffed out to the sides like wings!x( Oh please.

I didn't do my cardio there, came home to do that, I really like working out at home so much better, we are so lucky to have Cathe and other advanced instructors out there aren't we?:7

Hope everyone is doing super tonight, my throat is really starting to hurt-for pete's sake! Why won't these "Superbugs" leave us all alone? I am really hoping its nothing, and will go away by tomorrow morning. Ya can't win for losing right? Or whatever that saying is....;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.