Melters! Workout ..it's Wednesday!

Hi I'm back...

I got up at 4:20 today after a terrible night's sleep..DH's snoring has reached a new level! I told him he had better go to the doctor and get this checked out. He has never really gotten over the cold he had in December.. it leaves for a couple of days and then comes back with a vengence... Lainie...I think he has what you have! I did end up doing a 30 minute I-Tread because I know that if I start making excuses for not working out, it will become a habit!

Today I have to do a presentation to all our IT folks across the country via Webex...I guess I should not be nervous since I know the material like the back of my hand.. but you know how that is..

Robin:
my parrot is not a great talker..he says his name, "Fritz", "Good Morning", " Quiet!" ( he yells when the dogs start barking. I wonder where he got that from? LOL). He used to say "who is it" when someone came to the door, but since we don't say that anymore, we have a peephole, he stopped saying it too.

Shannon:
I fully understand how you feel about being "computer free" for a while. I felt the same way in Mexico..I did have that darn Blackberry so I felt compelled to do my work e-mailx(

Lainie:
It's so nice that you can walk to the library with the kids! I love small neighborhood libraries. We had a huge budget cut in our county and they closed all the small neighborhood libraries.. so sad. Will your DH do STS with you?

Tneah:
You are always one busy girl! So much going on with workers at your house etc.. I love seeing my dentist.. as a matter of fact I see him every day LOL:) Sorry about all the problems you are having. I guess my DH being as consertive as he is may be a good thing. I think STS is 37 dvd's.

TK:
I can;t imagine buying things in the Spam gift shop! what kind of things do they sell? LOL:D I have never tried Spam..don;t like the way it looks..yes.. my parrot went crazy when I came home. He would not stop making noise and doing laps around his cage!

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Morning, Melters!

Yesterday was a vegan day, and I did the timesavers to GS BSB & CT. So, all in all, a pretty good day. I'm not thrilled to be back on the computer though. Anybody have any ideas about a lovely computer-free career? Sigh.

I'm trying to decide whether I should take a day off today or do CC 5, as scheduled. The elliptical has started to bother my knee... I'd expected that, since it's happened before when I use it a lot. It's better today though, so I'll just see how it feels throughout the day.

Deb - do you have a spare room where you can sleep? At least you could get some rest until DH visits the doc!

TK - you asked yesterday when my initial calf injury was. Well, it happened the last week of September. Do you really like Spam? Eeeeww! :p I remember eating it when I was a kid, a very long time ago.

Hi to everyone else - I'll check in later to see what you're up to today!

Morning melters.

Shannon, I'm sorry to hear you are having knee trouble now. If it isn't one thing, it's another, isn't it.

Deb, a friend of my DH's has a parrot of some kind who yells "Here puppies, here puppies," and her three Yorkies come running. Gets the silly dogs every time.

I think my mom used to do something with spam, but I've never bought the stuff myself. I think the Spam museum would be a hoot.

I did my knee exercises and iced. I'm not sure if they are really worth doing anymore. I feel like I'm "beyond" them. I'm planning on doing GS BS&B today sometime. Right now I'm going to go repot some of my African Violets, one of the things I wanted to get done during my time off. See you later.

Robin - Hey, I PM'd you.:) You have African violets??? I love them. How many do you have? It sounds like you are definitely ready to move on with the knee exercises. Excellent! Are you able to use resistance on the bike yet? As for my knee issue - oh, that's an old problem, and why I had to stop running years ago. It's just picky, and it'll pass, as long as I don't insist on doing non-stop elliptical.

Hi everyone. Today is another lazy day at home for the boys and me. It's nice not having to rush around to get them to school, but they are pretty tiring to have home all day, too. I mean, I like having them home with me and they are sweet and fun, but they do fuss with each other a bit and they make a mess all the time. I actually slept until almost 9 today! I haven't been setting my alarm this vacation week, just depending on the boys to get me up. I can't believe they slept so long and allowed me to sleep so long. I was having really wacky dreams, too.

You know how sometimes you have those nightmares where you are back in school and have forgotten all about a class or something (well, I have those dreams, anyway). I also have nightmares that I am teaching again (I taught in a high school. for one year almost a decade ago). Those are actually worse because I hated teaching h.s. Well, now I'm apparently going to have mom with kid in school nightmares. I was having an impossible time getting him to school on time, and then a terrible time picking him up again, among other things. Then it switched to me being in school again and I had some other really bizarre elements like a life-and-death test--taking it on a stage and with electrical currents hooked to us. Oh, and ghosts roaming the halls of the school.

OK, I'll shut up about that now. I have a big imagination--especially in my sleep. On to relevant stuff--ate too much cereal for breakfast this morning. Ugh. Sometimes I kind of get bulimics. I have felt that maybe it would be nice to reject what I've just eaten, but I would never be able to make myself toss my cookies. That's just yucky and painful. Need to be good the rest of the day. Yesterday I did the first half of Petra Kolber's 3-2-1 Dance and then did the first 3 combos of Amy Bento's ASCII. I also did 10 minutes of abs from Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates. I really enjoyed the workout but of course I felt creaky and sore afterward. Today I have on my rotation an LIC upper body circuit premix, but I think I'll have to change it and only do upper body and no cardio, because my knees are iffy.

Deb, I hope your DH doesn't have what I have. I think I've given up on taking myself to the doctor. Or actually, I just don't have time with all the other appointments lately (dentist, dermatologist, physical therapist). At least I don't snore, though DH says I move around a lot. Luckily I haven't tried to hit out or shove in my sleep lately. I don't know if my DH will do STS with me or not. Probably not, though I've been trying to prime him for it--mentioning details about it and the fact that she'll have men in the workouts. He would probably have to do them at a different time of day than I if he did do them, except on weekends.

Shannon, Maybe you could work for the National Parks Service or something? (This is probably the effect of your avatar again plus your new novel persona.) They probably don't use computers much, though I bet they still have to get on them and do paperwork. :(

Robin, you must be improving quickly if you feel beyond your knee exercises! I need to call my mom and see how her knee is doing post-surgery. She didn't sound very happy with it last time I talked to her.

Tneah, yeah, I can be pretty good at telling scandalous stories. It may be that since I was drugged I dreamed it all up, though (since like I said above, I'm quite imaginative).

Oh, sorry I'm so long-winded today. I'll stop now. Hello to all who follow! Better go before I overlap with Tneah or Leanne again.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Shannon, I have about 15 violets. Every year I lose some and buy some. They seem to thrive on my neglect.

Lainie, I've had those dreams too. Usually I'm halfway through a college course and have never even been to class, there is a big test coming up and I'm naked. I don't think you have anything to worry about until you dream you are trying to pick up the kids and you are naked. I hope your mom is doing well.

Time to go lift some weights. I've put it off long enough.

Morning All!:)

Deb, I have an idea? Train your bird to screech "shut up" when your DH really starts "sawing logs" in his sleep!:) Or better yet, you can borrow our Micheal Jackson CD :p Sorry you didn't get the ZZzzz's...last night, hate it when that happens it makes your day feel all strange and draggy.

Robin, African violets are so pretty, aren't those the flowers that hate to have water poured on their leaves? Glad to hear you are moving beyond the exercises, I remember that happening with my own rehab.

Shannon, I know, computers are wonderful and we would miss them if we never had access, but then again, sometimes it feels like they are the center of everything we do, myself included. At least I can take breaks and chat with you guys. I know about the knees,my own get creaky when I do too much of one thing, whether it be step, elliptical or walking. The only thing that never bothers them is my spin bike.

Lainie, Weird dream. Do you ever write them down and then try to interpret them? I do this with dreams that feel "important" like something my higher self is trying to tell me. You do such a nice variety of workouts everyday, you must never get bored! I have other instructors but always go to Cathe and my Spinerval workouts.

One more day until I get my tooth cut out.:-( I hate the dread factor of not being able to eat or drink for 6 hours....yuk. That sucks. Oh well, whatta gonna do?
I did back yesterday and everytime I work back, I wake up with a shooting pain that runs from my neck down to the underneath part of my shoulder blade. Very unpleasant, back workouts are not my favorite , glad I go it over with for the week.
Okay, where is our Shelley?? BBL to check with everyone...:)

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

I missed you all yesterday! How is everyone? I ended up having to get up at 4:30 yesterday morning to wrap up some grading. I'm so amazed at your early bird exercisers! Getting up at 5:00 to go to work I can do, but I'm so impressed that you can exercise even earlier than that!

Today is a grading-free day (hooray!), although I do have to read some short response papers from my students and plan for classes tomorrow.

I'll also be doing MIS for the first time as part of my Tank Top Arms rotation, which seems to be going well. I bought the DVD that MIS is on used on Ebay awhile ago, but hadn't gotten around to doing it since I'd been in a GS/S&H/4DS holding pattern. For those of you who have it, is it a good workout?

Deb -- Good luck with that presentation! Just remind yourself that you *know* this material! You'll be great! It's got to be harder, though, without a good night's rest. I noticed that you said that yesterday you did PS. I just bought those workouts, and really like them! I'm doing an old Tank Top Arms rotation that calls for them, and it's been nice to have some new workouts to do (even though, of course, it's an older series). I felt really sore after doing arms last week!

Shannon -- Sorry that your knee is starting to bother you! Have your calves been alright?

Robin -- How have you been? Are your knee exercises helping? When will you be going back to work?

Shelley -- How's the weather up there? Did you get a chance to check in yesterday? Did you run this morning?

Lainie -- How great that you were able to sleep in so late today! I have those nightmares about being unprepared all the time! It's funny you mention it b/c yesterday I had to do a follow-up meeting with an adjunct instructor I had observed, and we both starting talking about those awful nightmares about showing up to teach and being completely unprepared! Hopefully these new ones will go away soon!

TK -- A Spam gift shop, huh? Wow! That would have to be so interesting to see!

Tneah -- Sorry that you had to deal with all these dental issues! Will you keep us posted on how things go tomorrow? And how is your eating/working out going? Are you still feeling better? You mentioned that you're already at a really low body fat %, so be careful about melting away from us too much!! Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday with all those workers there! Like Deb said, I'm pretty sure that STS is 37 DVD's; that person on the OD forum had the wrong number.

Hi Melters. Shannon told me you were looking for me. Sorry I haven't checked in lately, but to be honest, I'm feeling a bit down and not much like chatting. Sorry for that. I am checking up on what y'all are doing though:)

I hope you're all having a good, melty day!

Lanie - It sounds like you're getting some decent rest on your vacation. I sure hope so! I'd actually love to work for a parks service (state or national) but dang it, they just don't pay very well. You should see the pitiful salaries the state parks offer here.

Robin - 15 - wow! Do you have all different kinds? I used to have a couple of minis for several years, but they caught some sort of fungus that I couldn't clear up. They all went into the trash. Poor babies.

Tneah - yes, African violets don't like getting their leaves wet - they spot if water hits them. It won't kill them, I don't think, but it sure makes them ugly. Goodness - a shooting pain after back work? Is it a particular exercise, or all back work? That sounds rather icky.

Leanne - enjoy your grade-free day! Yay!! Hopefully that means you have a bit more time to relax. My calf is okay, but I haven't challenged it with anything new lately.

Shelley - Surely lurking around here is enough to cheer you up!

Back to complain...:p I HATE working biceps. Just did my chest/arms workout while watching Cathes "Power Hour". That workout looks pretty killer actually,the leg work made me thankful it wasn't leg day:p }( I like to watch some of Cathe's workouts that I have never done while I do my own workout in my gym. This one looked pretty tough, I wonder if Muscle Max sort of took the place of Power Hour?

Anyway....hi Shelley:7 :7 Leanne,glad that your workload is easier today, I answered your post over on the OD.:)

Shannon, you know that area right underneath your scapula/shoulder blade that hurts when you get it massaged or press on it? There is a nasty little nerve in there that must get irritated or something after a back workout. Probably from squeezing my shoulder blades together or something.

I just ate and frankly, could eat again.:p Better go start my errands and writing....with all my editing on these posts, you wonder how the heck I can write at all...:eek:

Hey melter gals. This morning was Gay Gasper All Out Infused Step. I think I like this one mostly because of the music. The choreo is fairly basic. It would be much better if the cardio portion was just a little longer. Including abs it comes in at just about an hour.

I hear all that tittering from you guys about my beloved SPAM! ;) What I really enjoyed about my visit to the Spam Museum was that they didn't take themselves very seriously. Very tongue in cheek. My colleagues and I were laughing so hard in that museum we were crying. If you have an odd moment, visit www.spam.com. The website has that same quirkiness. There's also a link to the gift shop there. That reminds me....my favorite SPAM sweatshirt is worn out and needs replacing. You guys probably think I am some sort of kook!

Leanne: MIS is a good weight workout. I have to admit I haven't done it since summer. You should enjoy it. It was the first Cathe vid I bought after getting hooked on Cardio Hits.

Deb: Up until a couple years ago my DH's snoring was terrible. He also started getting headaches a lot and generally feeling blah all the time . The doctor found that there was infection really deep in his sinuses plus he had a deviated septum. He had outpatient surgery fix all that. He still snores to some extent now but not nearly as bad. You think your DH has a lingering sinus infection?

Lainie: Wow I've had that recurring dream about forgetting to go to a college class too. I wonder what that means.

Robin: That's too funny about the parrot that says 'here puppies'. You'd think the dogs would figure that out after a while. Our neighbor at the beach had an parrot that would talk a lot. His owners said they'd try to get him to be quiet in the morning because people were sleeping in the house. They would whisper 'shh, bad bird!' to try to shut him up, so you guessed it, now he whispers 'bad bird, bad bird' all the time.

Shannon: A computer-free job? Is there such a thing anymore?

Tneah: Lately I've been having pains in the same place after my back workouts too. What's up with that? I used to like working my back, but I've always hated working biceps. I'm with you there.

To anyone I missed have a SPAM-tastic day!:+

Oh, and PS: I keep forgetting to mention this, but did you see that my girl Jane got caught using the 'c' word on the Today Show? LOL

Hey Spam Lovers!

I just got back from running some errands (including a trip to Trader Joe's, where some dark-chocolate-covered blueberries somehow found their way into my cart! double antioxidants, though, right??!), and wanted to check in before I have to get back to work.

I'm really feeling MIS from earlier this morning! Yowsa! It's been a while since I've done endurance lifting, so I can really feel the difference.

Shelley -- Sorry to hear that you're down! Let us know if you need to chat or vent, OK? We miss you!! Sending you {{{HUGS}}}!

Tneah -- Thank you SOOO much for the heads-up on the camis at Anthropologie! I ended up running over to the Anthro. in Encinitas (do you know where that is? it's just down the coast from us, a little north of La Jolla and Solana Beach) and picked up two of them -- one in cream and one in black! I tried them on, and it looks like they'll be perfect -- no creep! Of course, I always hate spending some of my monthly mad money on non-fun items like camis. It's much more fun buying actual clothes!}(

TK -- Wow! Jane sure has a mouth on her!;-) I hadn't heard about that, but I'll have to see if it's on You Tube.

Shannon -- Any news on the job-hunting front? Have you found any positions that look promising?

Alright -- better get back to work! I'm procrastinating some research that I have to do today in a very big way!

Hey Tneah -- Thanks for the other link! Those look super cute, too!

I probably won't be able to check in tomorrow, but I hope you all have a melty day!!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.