Melters Wednesday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning gang. I kept trying to fit in a post here yesterday, but kept getting involved in other things. Yesterday was 2 sets of knee exercises and GS shoulders. Yes, GS are masterpieces! And I got on the stationary bike for an easy 5 minute pedal. Today will be the same, except GS back. I've been sticking ab work in between the floor knee exercises too.

I'll try to get back later for some personal stuff. It's amazing how quickly the day passes on the couch with my books, ice and knitting!

Good morning, Melters -

I noticed we have two Melters threads going. Robin, yours was higher up than Shelley's, so I decided to post to it.

Robin - How does your knee feel during the exercises? I can completely understand how your day goes by so quickly. How far are you on that stack of books you brought from the library?

Shelley - I hope you decided to stay home. You don't need to be driving in that mess.

Last night I did GS CT - no record lifting this time, but I did complete the pushups in good form! I'm working on increasing my weight on the bench presses, but I have to be careful. The thought of lifting to failure isn't all that pleasant if it means dropping the barbell on my face.

I'll see the orthopedist today at 12:20. Keep your fingers crossed, please!

Gaaccckkkk. Sorry Shelley, I looked but didn't see your post. I'll paste it here with sincere apologies:

Morning Melters!

Well, it's raining ice here. The trees look pretty, but I'm thinking the driving will suck. We actually have two storms converging on us, one that will dump freezing rain and ice pellets this morning and one that will dump "significant" amounts of snow this afternoon. I'm not sure whether to go to work or not.

Tneah - Lent is a religious ritual, but Lainie is right. I'm not religious at all and I use it as a time to challenge myself

Lainie - giving up shopping is scary! Good luck with that

Shelley

All hail Limecat

As normal as weird gets

Shannon, I'm assuming you didn't have any trouble with last night's nasty weather. Good luck with the doctor.

Good morning, all!

I missed you all yesterday! How is everyone doing? It looked like yesterday many of our melters had melted away. I'm heading to the Dr. later this morning because I think that I have an ear infection, probably brought on by my stupid sinuses, which are always giving me problems. I won't be able to squeeze the workout in that I had planned because then I have to go in to work for two meetings. Ug! So I'm feeling a little stressed about trying to get my work done for today since I have all these other things to take care of. Ah, well!

Robin -- Glad that you're feeling well! It's true how quickly time flies when you're relaxing and staying occupied with fun activities!

Lainie -- I don't know if I could give up shopping. I've been trying to cut back, but I always still end up spending the monthly limit I gave myself. Good for you! Glad that you're not overdoing it with the lower body work, too; doing three weeks of the 4DS rotation was perfect for me, too.

Shelley -- How did your run go? How great that you're still breaking your PR's!

Shannon -- Sending you positive vibes for your appt. today!! Keep us all posted on how it goes! Are you still getting warm weather? Where do you live?

Judy -- Glad that you're doing well and that the menus are coming along!

Tneah -- Good for you, girl, that you were able to resist all those goodies from Monday!! Glad that the meeting went well, and how exciting that the book is progressing!

TK -- Glad that you're doing well and not too busy at work! That PUB workouts is a killer!

Hi to everyone else who follows! I'll try to BBL!

Robin - my family and I are fine. Some areas got hit really hard by tornadoes about 30 miles north of us, and a couple of towns basically got wiped off the map. All we got was lots of heavy rain, and then it was gone. Thank goodness. And thanks for asking.

Leanne - I hope you can nip that ear infection in the bud! Try to find time to relax - it'll help your immune system. I live in Arkansas, by the way.

Good Mornin' All!:)

Shelley, good thing you didn't attempt work this morning, I was watching the news and the horrid weather is all over the map today, please stay safe.

Robin, so glad you are enjoying your "rehab", its so nice to hear your knee is getting better and better, you will be stepping with the rest of us very soon!:7

Leanne, sorry to hear about your ear infection-ouch! I have never had one of those but it sounds painful, take care.

Shannon, fingers and toes crossed for you today--that calf really needs to quit acting up and heal already!x(

Emily, its always so great to see you around here!:) Also glad PMS is over and you can get back to your regular eating--I know how hard that demon hits!}(

Hello to Lainie, aka "Miss Target", Judy, Stephanie and Deb (ole'senorita!)

I was so pooped last night I missed my last protein shake and went to bed at 9:00pm, got my 8 hours and today I feel super duper and up for another day of exercise and chicken breasts.;) Only today and tomorrow and then its my next weigh-in and check-in. Sheesh, these weeks are going by really slow you guys, seriously, 12 weeks? Ok, one day at a time here....:p Gonna try and cut back on the caffeine today as well...BBL

Oh, one more thing? Does anyone know how to cook artichokes? The whole ones? Do you boil them in water and for how long? Whole Foods had them on sale yesterday and I bought 3 of them-I know they are good for you and low in calories if you don't dip them in butter.:9

And Shannon, i just realized you were in the vicinity of some of those storms, I am so glad to here they did not affect you and your family-stay safe and warm today.

TTOM is a PITA. OK, enough acronyms for now. Weird thing is I hurt differently post-babies than I did before. Hmm. Won't go into details about that now, though. At least I only have this every 3 months now. :D

I'm spending my time at home today while Ewan is at nursery school. I thought about going for a haircut but it's really drizzly outside and I haven't picked out a style yet (I like to bring magazine clippings). Plus I'm not sure if paying for a haircut falls under shopping since I said I wasn't doing that for Lent. I really need one, though--I'm getting shaggy.

I pick Ewan up at 11:30 and I was hoping to make it to the Ash Wednesday service at noon. I hate to have to take him along but I don't have anyone to watch him. Hopefully he'll behave himself. I also have to feed him lunch in between. They've got services at 7:30, noon, and 8 pm, which I guess is more convenient for working people--but tough for a mom. And our church doesn't usually have child care.

Robin, sounds like you're coming along well. I'm inspired by how much you're able to work out already.

Shannon, good luck at the orthopedist today!

Shelley, ugh, ice rain. It's just plain old rain down here. It's even supposed to get up to near 60 degrees.

Leanne, good luck at the doctor's--hope you don't have an ear infection--or that it's mild at least. I am feeling better overall but still coughing stuff up sometimes.... Ugh.

Tneah, I think I'd steam artichokes, but I would use my special steamer--I don't know how to steam them on the stove. I bet you could google some directions, though--probably boiling water under a steamer basket if you have one of those. Steaming is supposed to be good for preserving the vitamins in stuff.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey girls~

Well, I'm at home. Good thing I decided to stay, because shortly after I made the decision, Sophie started throwing up. Now she's sleeping. Poor thing.

Robin - you're amazing! Make sure you milk that four weeks off though ;-)

Shannon - sending good vibes for your calf. And how awful about those tornadoes!

Lainie - I don't think a haircut counts as shopping, especially if you need one!

Leanne - get that ear checked out quickly. Don't let that get out of hand!

Tneah - I'd steam artichokes too, but I'm not exactly sure how. I always Google those kinds of things.

Well, after much soul-searching and angst, I've decided to forgo giving up anything for Lent. It was just making me miserable and it hadn't even started yet! And Lord knows, I don't need more reasons to be miserable. So I kind of feel like a quitter. But everyone else is thrilled:p

Hi Melters!

Missed ya yesterday - I was in meeting hell. x( And last night was just one disaster after another, between my DH's eBay account being hacked and water pouring into our basement. Ugh. It should not surprise anyone that clean eating is out the window today. Got cookies? Bring 'em on.

Robin, you are really on a roll with your exercises!

Shannon, great job on the pushups! I'm crossing my fingers for you at your orthopedist appt.

Leanne, oh I'm sorry about your ear infection! That's no fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Tneah, hooray for getting 8 hours of sleep! It does make you feel refreshed, doesn't it?

Lainie, sorry that AF is giving you a hard time. I don't think getting a haircut counts as shopping. You're not buying THINGS, you're paying for a service. But hey, what do I know? :p

Shelley, I'm glad you stayed home today. I hope Sophie's feeling better this afternoon.

Tneah - 8 hours does wonders, doesn't it? I'm glad you got a good rest. Enjoy those chicken breasts - you make it sound so delightful. ;)

Lanie - I agree totally with your acronyms. :p A haircut is not shopping, no how, no way. Go get yours. You'll enjoy it.

Shelley - you're not a quitter! You're listening to your body (as we're so fond of saying around here). There are other ways to accomplish goals, and there's absolutely no sense in being miserable.

Emily - I'm glad you survived yesterday. How awful! You deserve any cookies you can get your hands on.

So, I just got back from the orthopedist. He scheduled me for an MRI on Tuesday. He says it still seems like a typical gastrocnemius tear, and he doesn't know why I'm not responding to treatment. So now I wait.

Oh Shannon, I am sorry you didn't get any answers, but am happy you are getting the MRI. That really should show him whats going on in that calf of yours.

Shelley, does poor little Sophie have that nasty flu bug? :-( Poor dear. Throwing up is the worst.Sending her get well vibes.

Lainie, go get that hair done woman, please. Thats called "maintenance" not "shopping!":)

I tried that tart drink Beloved Heather listed on the other forum, the raw cranberry juice with lemon juice mixed with water? Sheesh, its sour, I am hoping it will curb my sugar cravings, sour is the opposite of sweet right? I have no idea where I got that theory, but it might work right? This potion is supposedly enjoyed by the Biggest Loser contestants to help beat bloat and extra water weight....okay, time to rest for a minute then its shoulders/abs and more cardio! :) heeehaawww!

Happy afternoon, everyone!

Well, I just got back from the Dr., then some meetings at work, and then a stop at Target (yeah!). (I was checking out the kettlebells there, but am going to force myself to wait a few months to buy one. I have enough new workouts on the way and need to reign myself in a bit! Sigh!) The good news is that I don't have an ear infection, just some inflammation in both of them from my sinuses.

Shannon -- Please keep us posted on the MRI! I'm glad that your orthopedist is being proactive about getting to the bottom of this. I do hope that it doesn't turn out to be anything worse! I had been wondering where you lived since you have such nice weather!:)

Shelley -- How is Sophie feeling this afternoon? Throwing-up-type-illnesses are just the worse! Is she doing any better?

Lainie -- A haircut doesn't count!! It's definitely a necessity!:D

Tneah -- Oh, that drink sounds interesting! Does it seem like it's working and cutting out the cravings?

Emily -- Sorry that Meeting Hell was so awful yesterday!

Robin -- Have you started reading any good books? Do you have any recommendations? And how's that sweater coming along? Were you able to track down some more yarn?

Hi to everyone else!

Just popping back in for a second after probably sharing waaay to much in the OD.:)

I ordered more Lean Dessert Protein, I am powering through the stuff like crazy, so I wanted to try the Banana Nut Bread. It wasn't that great tasting, kinda blah. So in my opinion, the best flavors are the Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate-Coconut and the vanilla if you use frozen fruit in place of the ice cubes. I know some of you use this stuff, so just wanted to share my thoughts on the best flavors. Not fond of the regular chocolate fudge either. The banana cream is just okay.

Oh, I boiled my artichokes and they turned out great and yummy, at 50 calories a piece, they are an interesting addition to my boring-ass diet plan.:p I should have steamed them, I know like Lainie said, they retain more nutrients that way.

Hi Leanne! Glad to hear your ears aren't infected, sinus trouble can be horrid though, please take care of yourself.

Off to hop in a hot bath...oh, I am getting stronger for sure, I used 30 pounds for shoulder presses and did 12 reps. Must be all these darn chicken breasts;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.