Melters! TGIF!!!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today was cardio & core so I did an I-Tread and tacked on one of the Abs of Steel workouts.. I think she even has leg warmers on and they are pink!

Shelley:
The dogs are still getting us up at 3:00 if we don;t do a good walk before we go to bed. It's so hard for me to go outside after being home and warm, etc. But I guess if I want to sleep I better get my butt off the couch and take them at night.

Shannon:
What does your hair cut look like? I am a "hair Obsessed" person. And don;t you say you are not a Melter! you are too!

Robin:
You said you like grocery shopping? ugh my worst nightmare! DH likes it so it's his job!

Stephanie:
Don't ever feel guilty about not working out if it means you can have fun with the kids! They are only young once and you will remember that snowball fight for a long time.. workouts are here today and gone tomorrow!

Emily:
Glad to hear you are feeling better! :)

Lainie:
Yes I got the compendium! Thanks so much.. I have sent it to 2 other people already that loved it!

Tneah:
How was the dentist? They are so hated by people.. DH said it can give you a complex!

Leanne:
I had to force myself to do something other than the weight work in 4DS...I liked it that much too!

Michele:
Sorry to hear you are still sick! You are so right about that Melter's Wing!

TK:
Do you quilt these or tie them? I sometimes tie things like tree skirts because it is so much faster.. I am looking forward to the pics of ths one!

Gotta run guys! BBL

Deb

Morning Deb, I posted at the same time. Here it is. Have a good day.

Morning melters. I wish I could say TGIF, but this is my weekend to work. Blah!

Emily, are you going to workout out today? Did the rest day help?

Lanie, I wonder what is going on with your throat. You still have a bit of a cough, right? Maybe your throat is just raw from that. You seem to be better every day, which is a good thing.

Leanne, I've been bad about using the Dietminder on days when I eat more then I should. I had a bad day yesterday, and the pages are blank. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

Michele, I'm sorry you seem to have caught the crud everyone has. Let us know how your sister makes out. I've been keeping her in my prayers.

Shannon, Yay for the green light. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait till I can say the same thing. For some unknown reason, my knee is bad today. I could hardly hobble to the bathroom this morning.

Stephanie, have fun with the high step.

Shelley, yeah, the policeman was a local cop, not a statie. DD's boyfriend had wanted to be a policeman until he had a small run in with the local guy. He decided he didn't want to be like that, so now he doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up.

tneah, hugs over the dentist visit. I hate 'em too. I have a great dentist who causes hardly any pain, but I break out into a cold sweat when I have to go see him.

TK, LOL at your stash. I used to do some machine quilting and had started a stash. I wonder where that stuff got put. Probably in the scary attic. I made a quilt for a friend as a wedding gift and a couple nice baby quilts for friends, but never got around to making anything for myself.

Deb, did you ever get back yesterday? Me either. What's up today?

I have to hit the road. We had a couple inches of snow last night, but I expect it's mostly cleaned up this morning. Have a good one, melters.

Morning all!

I'm actually feeling worse today than yesterday, so I'm staying home.

Deb - I hear you on the dogs. I always take mine out around 9 at night for their last walk, which allows me to sleep in until around 5:30 if I want to (e.g. on weekends).

Robin - I guess DD's boyfriend isn't going to be a career army guy, then? Sorry your knee hurts. Maybe it's cranky because you have to work this weekend ;)

I'll be around today.

Happy Friday, Melters!

I sure am glad it's finally here. I'm looking forward to a laid-back weekend... in preparation for a very busy week next week. :eek:

I did Absolute Kickboxing last night. It was only my second time to do it, and the first time using a body bar. It was fun! I was supposed to do an elliptical workout, but I just really wanted to move around. Kimberly really made me use all of my body, for sure.

Guess what? I talked to my mom last night, and she said she's going to bake a chocolate cake today.... :9 :9 :9 I walk past her house every day on my way to the barn, so.... gee. I guess I'll just have to stop by for a visit, won't I? YES!!!! Those new eating plans can start on Saturday. }(

Deb - my hair is basically a bob, a little longer than jaw length, but angled around my face. My bangs are kind of chipped, I think they call it. Nothing fancy.

Robin - I hope the soreness in your knee is just a fluke, and that it's getting better! I'm glad your surgery is coming up soon. Do you stand on your feet all day? Maybe you'll just have to take some sick leave. }( I hope your weekend work is calm.

Shelley - man, that crud just won't leave you alone, will it? I'm glad you decided to stay home and rest. Tell your SO to make you some sort of really yummy soup or something.

Shannon - can I come to Mom's for chocolate cake? I'd tell Chris to make me yummy soup, but he's not here, nor will be be around all weekend. Damn! Where's the chef when I need him?:p

Shelley - of course you can come! And bring Sophie. I'll tell Mom to make a BIG cake, so we can all have BIG pieces. :9

Mornin' Melters!

Happy FRIDAY! For those of you who asked, YES, my rest day helped a LOT. I felt much more energetic yesterday, and slept better last night, and was able to get up this morning to do BM2 Cardio Blast premix with renewed energy. I think that rest day was just what Dr. Evily ordered. ;)

Deb, good job on your workout this morning! Ahhhh, pink leg warmers... so high-fashion! ;)

Robin, I'm sorry you have to work this weekend. BOOOOOO!

Shelley, I'm glad you stayed home today. Now, rest and get better! :)

Shannon, great job with AK! That's a fun workout. And can you snatch a piece of chocolate cake for me??? :9

Hi guys! I'm SOOOOOO glad it's Friday, but my will power seems to disappear on the weekends, and this is a three day one -- uh oh. I'll try to be good. But I won't sacrifice pizza night. We make our own, so it's not nasty and greasy like those you order. Last night I did a mish mosh of 4DS LIS and upper body. Today I think I'll do Butts and Gutts. I need to work on both.

Deb: LOL about the leg warmers. I almost bought pink ones the other day for ballet!!! Glad you had a good workout!

Robin: Sorry you have to work. What a bummer! Hope you get some down time.

Shelley: Rest will do you good. Don't try to workout. Just rest and watch chick's flicks all day. Sorry you still don't feel well.

Shannon: I think Absolute Kickboxing allows you to have a piece of cake. Enjoy!!

Evily: Glad the rest day helped. I tried to do BM2 on Sunday and couldn't get through it. I was very disappointed in myself. But man, I love that DVD. It's one of my favorites now.

Good morning Meltees!:)

Not alot of time for personals so will be back. I talk to Mr. Trainer man at 11:20 this morning and I am so nervous.:eek:

I ate bad last night, "snacked" on everything it seems, healthy and not so healthy....sigh. I am such a "picker". I usually don't do that either, I am putting it down to nerves and my dental visit which was okay, but leaves you feeling wiped. TK, I laughed about your "sweaty butt" in your dentist chair.

Shelley, feel better!

Robin, ouch, hope that knee feels better...surgery is coming up!

Emily, I have Kickmax today-one of my not-so-favorite Cathe's....hate the cheerleader type moves in the blast.

Stephanie, your healthy pizza is clean, enjoy!

Shannon, do you live on a farm? I wanna live on a farm with chickens, rabbits, horses, baby goats, lots of dogs, kitties, etc...I would love to wake up and gather eggs for breakfast. When I was little I "played" Little House on the Prairie with my sisters! I was Mary. heehe enjoy your cake, wow what a nice mom!

Deb, is your DH a dentist?

Okay, gotta load George into the car-time for a good grooming! His hair is really hard to take care of, and he hates getting brushed. So off to the groomers he goes, he actually likes it though...a strange dog indeed!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sick010.gif

I think that little smilie dude says it all. My throat is so sore I can barely swallow, and I can't stop sneezing. Thank goodness I don't have a fever.

There's no way I can get through a workout today -- NO WAY!

I'm down a pound and I've decided that soup is the perfect food for weight loss -- it's low calorie and nutrient dense, and it just plain tastes good. It helps me to eat fewer calories over all throughout the day, and I can afford little treats, too.

My sister has her meeting after work today. Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers. One thing in her favor -- the union rep is squarely in her corner, as are her co-workers.

Deb - Lol at the the pink leg warmers! Yes, we need a hospital wing for sick melter's. We need to do a better job of sanitizing our computer monitors :p

Robin - I thank you, and my DS thanks you for the prayers. Honestly, she's been through so much and I don't know how she can possible endure any more crap! I'm so sorry your knee is acting up this morning. I'll be praying for you, too.

Shelley - I think we need some HH time :p . I feel worse than I did yesterday, too. I'd be happy to share my soup with you.

Cuz - WOO HOO!! I'm so excited that your doctor gave you the green light!! Now will you please pass the chocolate cake :9

Evily - There's nothing quite like a rest day to perk you up! Yea for rest days!!! I love rest days :D . I probably love them more than I should :p

Stephanie - Friday is my pizza night, too, and I'm not willing to sacrifice it. I agree with you about how greasy commercial pizza's are -- they're gross. Lately I've been making my own with pita bread and I've come to love it that way.

tneah - I can't wait to hear how it goes with Mr. Trainer!

{{{{{Lainie}}}}} - You have to stop doing ALL step aerobics? What about if you kept it to low impact on a 4" step? My gosh, you have had a run of rotten luck lately! {{{{{Lainie}}}}}. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

TK - Are you in the midst of a big quilting project? After looking at your pictures the other day, I pulled one of my quilts out of storage to look at it. I bought it in a quilt shop in the heart of Indiana Amish country and I put it away to keep it nice until we get a new bedroom outfit. Here's a picture of it, but mine is done in a different color scheme. It's called "Tulip Bowl".
http://www.quiltdesigns.com/gallery/Tulip_Bowl_Medallion__greens__golds_magenta.jpg

Here's a close up of the detail:
http://www.quiltdesigns.com/gallery/Tulip_Bowl_Medallion__detail.jpg

ETA multiple corrections for typos :eek:

ETA again Leanne - I think we were posting at the same time. It sounds like you had a lovely evening with your DH. I haven't been to the theater in ages and I really miss it. What did you see? Yes, I think your color will fade some. Mine always does. ;) . ETA again, no, I don't quilt -- I wish I did but I don't have the patience for it.

Happy Friday, everyone!

DH has a long holiday weekend, so I was able to sleep in until after 7:00 this morning. Yeah! (He probably won't get up until noon!) I was also very good with dinner last night. We used a gift certificate to Olive Garden before going to the theatre, and, since I knew that we were going to be getting pizza tonight, I checked out the OG's menu beforehand and got a healthy chicken dish. DH got a three-cheese ziti that was heavenly. Sigh. Ah, well, I'll enjoy that pizza tonight, right?! The play we saw was really interesting, and it was nice to get out since we tend to stay home and watch movies far too frequently.

I had my hair appointment yesterday, and it's a little darker and shorter than I wanted. It's only the second time I've been to this person, and I do like her and I'm also remaining optimistic that the color will lighten up a bit. Gotta get those grays covered!

Today I weighed myself and lost almost .5 pounds. It wasn't as much as I was hoping for. On the positive side, I do my body fat measurements with calipers and on our scale, and it seems like my body fat dropped a bit this week, which is good. I've been really working on increasing my protein intake this week, which always seems to help me drop fat. We'll see how that goes! Today I'm doing 4DS HIS, which I love!

Shelley -- Glad that you're taking a sick day today! It sounds like you need it!

Deb -- Ah, pink legwarmers! I seriously think we all need to get a pair!

Robin -- Don't worry about yesterday's set-back with eating. Don't you wish we could erase all the bad calories in real life? Maybe we should invent a Diet Minder that does that!

Tneah -- Keep us posted on how your meeting goes later this morning! Sorry that the dentist was so awful yesterday!

Lainie -- Oh no, oh no! No step aerobics? Is that ever again??? Even if you do them low-impact? Let us know more about what he said to you!

Michele -- Feel better, too! Don't worry about not working out since your body needs rest to heal! Let us know how things go with your sister!

Shannon -- Like Tneah asked, do you live on a farm? It sounds wonderful! Enjoy your mom's cake and don't feel bad! Send some our way, too!;-)

TK -- Hmmm . . . what have I not thrown out of my closet . . . maybe lots of old shoes, but that's not too embarrassing. I'll have to take a peek in there later today. How fun that you're starting your mom's quilt! Her stash sounds wonderful!

Stephanie -- We're having pizza tonight, too, but ours won't be so healthy as yours since we're ordering out. Have you made it to ballet again recently?

Emily -- Glad that the rest day helped!

ETA: That quilt is gorgeous, Michele! You mentioned that you bought it, but do you quilt?

I wanted to pop back in to say hi to those who I missed.

Tneah: Glad the dentist visit went OK. I'm a picker too when it comes to food. I find myself eating the kids' crusts that I cut off of their pb&Js (sounds gross, but it's good), nibbling here and there. It's such a bad habit for me.

Lainie: I'm so sorry that the doc is making you give up step aerobics. Is it permanently? Even low-impact? What about regular aerobics?

Leanne: I bet your hair looks great! I know what you mean about having to cover up the gray. I used to say I'd just let mine go gray with time. Well, it decided to gray much earlier than I had expected, so I started coloring it (at home), and I hate the way it looks right after I color it -- so dark. But with a week or so of washes, it mellows out. I didn't mean to bash pizzas from pizza places. I hope you enjoy yours! I LOVE Papa Johns. I just don't have quite the self control with those pizzas as I do with the boring ones I make. Congrats on your will power at Olive Garden. It takes a strong woman to say no to pasta! You asked about ballet: my next class is Monday night. It's the killer 90 minute class that I love so much.

Michele: Congrats on your weightloss!!! I made homemade minestrone this week and have been eating it all week. I think it's great for maintaining or losing weight. I just eat too much of it! Your quilt is SO pretty! My MIL is a quilter, and she makes us quilts constantly. I have them hanging all over the house. I love them so much. I wish I were that talented!!

OK gals. I'm off to do some retail therapy with my Henry. I probably won't check in again until Monday or Tuesday, as weekends are bonkers around here. Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for the support this week -- I truly appreciate it!!!

Ahhh, the day is half over. Chocolate cake is mere hours away. :9

Emily - I sure am glad the rest day helped! BM2 cardio blast is WONDERFUL. I can't wait to do it again. It's been forever!

Stephanie - Just do a killer cardio on the weekend to make up for any "slips" you make eating. How's that?

Tneah - no, I don't live on a farm, but my parents own about 240 acres of forest and pasture. I have two horses that I feed and groom every night - that's it for the livestock. Dad just likes to have the property for the peace and quiet. I do too.

Lanie - oh no!! You poor thing. Maybe your knees just need strengthening since you've been out of action for a while with your ankle. So maybe dropping to 4 inches would help. I started doing step because I was developing knee problems from running. My knee still bothered me for a long time when I started, but then the pain went away.... I hope yours will too!!!

Leanne - wow - you really do get a loooong weekend! Lucky you!

Cuz - you poor thing. I'm sorry you feel so bad! I'm glad you've got that soup though. Good stuff! And lemme tell ya, you're not the only one who's glad about that green light. :7 I'm ecstatic! Oh my, that quilt is gorgeous! My granny makes some very nice ones, but nothing like that!

OK, here's the thing with the knees. My kneecaps are apparently a bit funky, for one thing. He mentioned how much they moved around (which I didn't know was not normal) and in the X-ray you could see how off-center they were. Apparently I'm just built that way, so it's not a result of injury or whatever. Apparently my quads have been weakened since the ankle injury (when I greatly limited cardio and lower body work) and that has worsened already weak, wobbly knees. I told him how I like to exercise and what kind I do and he immediately said I should quit stepping. Like for good. I suggested a 4" step. Nope. And to quote him "step aerobics are the worst thing you could do with those knees." So that's the deal. I will find out more about this and I have another prescription for physical therapy (well, at least the PT is a cutie). I figure I will question both the orthopedist and the PT more about what I can do. I'm afraid he's probably right, because I'd already lowered to a 4" step and was still having difficulties. I'm thinking about getting one of those MatStep things where you can do step on the floor (so it's not actually stepping at all but the mat is the size of a step). Of course he suggested biking, so I'll have to start pestering DH for a stationary bike again. He also didn't say I had to quit kickboxing, so that's something.

I hope to BBL for personals, but for now I want to go do some yoga.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Lanie - Of course I'd listen to your doctor, since your knees are kind of funky. But I did want to let you know that there is a type of brace that helps to stabilize the kneecap. A good friend of mine who is a die-hard runner uses one. You might ask your doc and PT about it, since I'm not sure how well it would work for your situation. And think about an elliptical!! The motion is similar to a bike, and there is no impact. But I like it much better because 1) I don't have to SIT, after sitting all day at work; 2) it really gives a great leg workout and 3) your legs get a better range of motion than on a bike, in my opinion.

Back for personals:

Shannon, thanks for the advice. I will ask about the brace. As for an elliptical, I've thought about it, but I kind of figure if I get something it'll go in my low ceiling basement, so an elliptical would put me too high--that's why I was thinking bike. It's still something I'm considering, though--like if I could get one small enough or one that folds up, but then I'd be worried it wasn't nice and sturdy. I've got a cute quaint little old house, but it is definitely little.

Deb, is it Tamilee Webb doing Abs of Steel? I remember one of her old Abs of Steel videos I had to sell because I found her goofy hat so distracting. But I'm easily distracted.

Robin, I think the sore throat is just a product of postnasal drip. I seriously just can't seem to clear out all the bad mucus in my body. TMI? I have been reading up on it and I think I need to be careful to drink all my water (especially since I'm trying to melt, anyway) and maybe get a humidifier.

Shelley, I'm sorry you feel so crappy. {{{HUGS}}}

Emily, glad you had such an effective rest day. Today turned into a rest day for me (it was only supposed to be yoga at least but instead I napped).

Stephanie, BM2 is one of my favorites, too, though I have yet to do the whole thing straight through. I always do premixes.

Tneah, how did the talk with the trainer go? Girl, you are going to be so buff! Again! You already are buff compared to a softy like me.

Leanne, congrats on the weight loss! Any loss is great. I gained 0.6 this week. x( Can I blame the 4DS workouts? I have 4DS HIS on tap for tomorrow. I know the doc told me not to do step but I thought I might do it on a 4" step for my last big fun step workout before I ratchet it down a notch.

Michele, so sorry you are sick, too. Man, we've got to get over this stuff. I guess it's just that time of year. Thanks for the hugs. I needed those.

OK, better run clean house a little--I've let it get into kind of a bad state today.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Whew! Whatta day indeed!

Okay so I talked to Kim, the Mr. Trainer, and immediately liked his voice and personality. He sent me my meal plans, food exchange lists, and workouts. Here's the scoop for those interested.

After inspecting my photos he said I was around 18 percent bodyfat-give or take a few, which is right! Already the man is a genius.;) My goal is to lose about 8 pounds of bodyfat in twelve weeks which is a doable.

I was very surprised at the workouts. I do weights 4 days a week, a bodypart each day, plus abs. Three sets of each exercise, 10-12 reps,plus there are only two or three exercises for each bodypart which I thought seemed too "easy". Leg day has 4 exercises, reps kept at 30. He said he needed to bring up my upper body so I was more balanced with my lower....He also uses a very precise rep count on each exercise, the way Cathe does. You know up 2 , lower 3, etc....I can do all the exercises at home with the exception of the leg press, which I might be able to sub with squats right? I have to shelf Cathe for awhile, which is okay since I have done her workouts for two months straight now, it might be good to change for a bit.

Cardio is 45 minutes in the morning, 35 minutes at night. He told me to take my heart rate before I start, double that number and add 10 to get my target heart rate--where I need to be throughout the cardio session. Of course I asked about Cathe, and he said that interval training like Imax 3 isn't what he wants me to do, he wants my heartrate at a certain level and intervals cause it to spike all over the place, making "fine tuning" my program harder to do as I progress. Pretty interesting. So I am wondering about experimenting with Cathe cardio, but probably will stick with the treadmill (fast walking)the elliptical and bike. Should probably put coach Sean on the ipod to get me goin'.}(

What do I get to eat? :7 Well, basically protein (4 ounces at a time), oats or cereal (3 teaspoons dry), 1 cup veggies, and 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil, some fruit and one gallon of water a day. I eat 6 mini-meals a day, three of those are a yummy protein shake which I love, so that is good. Its about clean food and portion control for sure-wish me luck chica's!

Lainie, oh no! Hey, the doc told me I would should never do jumping jacks after my surgery and hop around--but I still do it. Not encouraging you at all, but just wonder if you start to work on your leg muscle, specifically the quads, if this would help stabilize the knee? But I guess you will find out in PT. ((Hugs)) to you!

Michele, the quilt is just beautiful, the detail is so pretty. So sorry to hear you are not feeling better, you and Shelley.:-(

Stephanie, see you next week and enjoy your pizza!

Leanne, hey girl, glad you had fun with your DH, I am due for a "date night" myself, my poor sick sweetie feels better now thank goodness, maybe this weekend.

I said a big ole' "hey" to you morning gals this AM, but "hey" again!

Boy and after all this, I am starting to feel super duper tired, please tell me that this is not the way the flu thing you guys have starts!:eek:

I am off to enjoy an evening of R&R, cannot start a new program feeling lousy right? :)

Back to say,I am tired but had to try that heart rate cardio thing.
I did the 35 minutes on my elliptical, heart rate was a steady 140-146 the whole time. That felt "right" to me. Hard, but not so hard I couldn't go on.

Just thought I would share because I thought, that formula seemed a little crazy! I know when I am running around all day, my heart rate is higher than when I am lying around! So I think it works better for me, using your resting heart rate, double that plus 10 or whatever.

OK, I promise NOT to drone on or bore you guys with all the details, I just wanted to clarify the info from above because that formula did not work for me. Now I really am pooped. Time for a hot bath...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.