Melters! Melancholy Monday++

Hi I'm back,

I should have known on Friday when I didn;t feel like getting up that this was a sign of something to come. Well it came alright! I woke up Sat with a nasty cold. My head and face hurt so much, nothing I took worked. Then to add to the misery, our "Clancy" was wheezing so bad, we took him into the vet at 8:00 am and they did a chest x-ray. It showed that he had fluid build up in his chest cavity, and they needed to take it out. We left him there for about 2 hours while they did this. When we picked him up, they said they took out 400 ml of fluid! This is not good. They are sending the fluid out for testing along with bloodwork. I am afraid it is something very serious.:( ...so I have been sleeping almost all weekend, and worrying about my "baby".. They did give him anti-biotics and a diretic (sp?) to keep the fluid down. Whatever caused it can be a number of things, none are very treatable...Sorry for the long post..I am not up for personals today

Deb

Well, it's Monday. Here we are again.

Deb - I sure hope Clancy is okay. That sounds terrible. I'll be thinking about him and you. Is your cold getting any better?

Lanie - Congrats on the early workout. Keep us posted on your experience with BFL!

Oh boy!!! I had a good weekend! My calf is SOOOOO much better! I really think all the additional stretching is helping. I did Low Max Saturday. It was tight starting out, but by the time I finished, it felt better than it had in days! I did an old low impact floor routine Sunday, and it did fine on that too! Whoooohoooo!!!

I'll definitely continue with the stretching. I also started taking extra calcium, magnesium and zinc this weekend, which is supposed to help prevent muscle cramps. The protein supplement is drinkable... barely... :p But I figure I can tolerate it for a while.

Today I'm going to do Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing. Dang it feels good to get back into cardio.

I'll try to check back later. I know we've got a big job with a tight deadline coming in sometime today, but hopefully I'll be able to come back.

Hi all.

{{{Deb}}} I sure hope Clancy is OK. You too. Did you go to work today?

Shannon, don't overdo! I think I'm going to try your more frequent stretching. My knee still feels tighter than I'd hoped.

Lainie, good luck with BFL.

I did 4 DS LIC and weight work this morning. I used a 6 inch step and it felt pretty good. My knee makes an annoying little clicking noise though.

I'm headed to the grocery store now. See you all later.

Morning Melters!

Deb - I'm sending lots of {{{hugs}}} your way and some for Clancy too. I hope you're feeling better today.

Shannon - hooray for having a happy calf!! Enjoy Absolute KB!

Robin - I bet stretching would help your knee a lot! Enjoy the grocery store:)

Lainie - have fun with the PT ;-)

I'll bbl for more!

Good Morning!

Deb, I am just sick about your Clancy, I know you are so worried, I am sending you hugs and good wishes to your baby. Please take care of yourself, those colds this year have really wiped us all out, so please be sure and take care of yourself too.

Robin, yes, stretching seems to be the "magic" that makes all of our creaky, repaired parts function better. Make sure you are not overdoing it now!

Shannon, Monday. Need I say more?x( Yeah for your calf, but watch it lady, don't want you to hurt it again....:)

Lainie, yelling hello as you fly by!

Shelley, Yelling another hello as you fly by!

I started my period last night, its a really bad one this month, the cramps feel like labor pains--not that I would know, thank goodness I actually have "good drugs' to take.
My DH and I fought last night, something we rarely do. Over stupid stuff like floor cleaner, how much money I spend on stuff... our floors are a constant source of frustration on both our parts--mostly mine.x( And to top it all off, I am expecting a houseful of people here at noon for a stupid business/marketing meeting.

Plus the guys from work will be down today and staying all week long. ;( I think I might check into a hotel this morning and "check out" all week long....wow I feel like crap-ola. And I know DH and I will be "frosty" to each other today, until later on, which makes everything even more uneasy and uncomfortable. Dang it, he "fights" like that, it takes him longer to "get over it" than it does me. Once its out, I am good to go, but he has to mope around for a bit which I hate.
Ok, enough complaining. Did you all watch the Oscars? I started to, then our fight ensued. It was the same old thing, but all the pretty dresses are fun to see. Wouldn't it be fun to play dress up like that once a year?:)

I did 4DS legs last night and walked to Grace...plus did Lowmax yesterday AM so I do not feel too guilty about taking today off, I check back with Mr. Trainer man tomorrow....oh joy. I have already warned him though, and myself, not expecting anything earth shattering concerning bodyfat or the scale this past week.

BBL, I promise with a bigger smile on my face!:7 Only four more days until the weekend!haha...

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I had raging PMS and ate everything in sight. I've heard people say that it's really hard to eat a lot of calories when you're eating clean, but I think I proved that idea wrong yesterday!

Anyone watch the Oscars last night? I always love checking out the stars and the clothes!

Today I'll be doing Low Max and Core Max 1. I haven't done LM for over a month and I love it, so it should be fun. I *may* try to do those drills with my med ball, but I'll have to see how much energy I have.

Deb -- Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a tough weekend! Is Clancy doing any better? Are *you* doing any better with your cold and lack of sleep? Please keep us posted on how he is, alright?

Shannon -- Glad that your calf is doing so much better! All that stretching must be paying off!

Tneah -- Yes, I did CTX Leaner Legs yesterday and then also CTX Sh/Bis/Tris. I'm still doing that Tank Top Arms rotation that I started about two weeks ago, and it calls for working Sh/Bis/Tris 3/x a week. That seems a little high since I'm used to doing heavy lifting just 1/x a week for each body part, but I figured I'd try this rotation out and see what happens. I'll keep you all posted! How are you feeling? Have you been able to get back to regular eating? EDIT: Looks like we were posting at the same time again. Just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about the fight! {{{HUGS}}}! I was being really snarky with my DH this morning before he left for work, and I really do think that PMS is to blame for our out-of-control emotions! Hope that things settle down!

Shelley -- How was your weekend? Did Sophie have her pottery class on Saturday?

Lainie -- I'm glad that you wake up from those dreams feeling alright, but they sure do sound creepy! Will you keep us posted on how you like BFL? It sounds like everyone gets great results on it! Is the cardio really only 3x/week? Will you be able to use your weight DVD's to do your lifting on it?

Robin -- How are you doing? How much longer will you be off before going back to work?

Emily -- "Hi" in case you check in!

TK -- I checked out a You Tube clip with Jane on the Today Show. It sounds like everyone freaked out, even though she was just mentioning the name of one of the monologues from _The Vagina Monologues_. I read somewhere, though, that the "c-word" is considered to be the foulest word in the English language. Now why isn't it a word that has to do with *men*?}(

Whew. I'm finally back. Busy day.

I did my first BFL upper body workout today--just doing it on my own--no video workout or anything. It says it'll take 46 minutes--took me 71. :p Of course, I had to refer to the directions a lot since it was my first time doing it the BFL way. Plus my kids got up earlier than expected and interrupted me a bit. I still managed to get them to school on time and to get to physical therapy on time, so that was good. So weird to have this time of day free while Ewan naps.

So far I'm doing fine with the eating, though my second meal was a bit late (because right after p.t. I went to the grocery store before picking Ewan up from school) so I was pretty hungry by then.

Deb, hope you and Clancy are both better soon. {{{HUGS}}} to both of you.

Shannon, enjoy Absolute Kickboxing--I love that one.

Robin, good workout--already up to 6"? I'm not even up to 4" yet (but might try that tomorrow).

Shelley, I talked the cute PT's ear off today. I even gave him a demonstration of my Texas drawl (which I can turn on and off at will). However, I have to start seeing a different one on Wed. because they changed his hours. :( Now I'll probably only see him as I'm leaving my visits and he's coming in to work. I couldn't change my times because I have to go while Ewan's at nursery school in the mornings.

Tneah, your DH sounds like mine. I tend to blow up quickly and then I'm ready to forget it, whereas he's the moper, cold shoulder type. Ridiculous. I let him mope a little and then I eventually force him to converse and yank genuine forgiveness out of him--I'm pretty good at it, actually--good thing he has such an understanding wife (same for your DH, I'm sure). Sorry about the icky cramps--I used to get them really horribly before I had kids (for some reason not so bad after babies).

Leanne, yeah, cardio is only 3 times a week (and only 20 minutes, but at HIIT). I'm thinking for tomorrow's cardio I'll try Low Max 1-4 on a 4" step. I love cardio, but I don't mind giving this less cardio thing a try since BFL seems to work well for so many people. Plus I can't do extended workouts with my knee anyway. Today I didn't use a DVD for the weights, but I may try it later. I think PUB would work well, since the BFL method is a pyramid thing.

OK, BBL if anyone else comes by.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey Lainie,

Wanted to wish you well with Body for Life. I remember years ago "dabbling" in it. What is the diet like? Sorta like what I am doing? Where you eat smaller meals every three hours or so? I think you will like doing that, it keeps your metabolism really revved, you can actually feel it speeding up as the weeks go by.

I like the idea of 20 minutes of cardio too, but alas, Mr. Trainer man doesn't I guess.:) I only have a few more weeks anyway, and since i have lightened up a bit with the diet, I don't think I will be ready to step on a stage anytime soon, but I know I will have leaned out a bit, plus developed some better eating habits along the way!

Cramps starting up again, must be time to take more meds and a nap....

Yeah, it's 6 meals--every 3 hours or so. Also, you're supposed to have both protein and carbs at each meal (plus get in enough veggies and water every day, of course). My favorite part might be that you get one "free day". Terrible that I'm excited about that, but I think it's a good idea. That way I know it's not 12 weeks of total strict eating; I know I can have dinner out next Sunday, for example.

So far this seems like an awesome plan (but it is just Day 1). You may remember when I tried the South Beach Diet recently, though, and I knew right away I hated it--couldn't even do 2 full days of it, so I know it's going to be better than that crap.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi melters. I'm back finally. Sorry I didn't post over the weekend. One of my other hobbies is researching my family tree so I took the whole weekend for 'digging'. I actually solved a couple mid-19th century mysteries I've had for quite a while. Also, on the German branch of the family, I finally located my people on a ship's passenger list. Pretty exciting stuff (well for me at least!). It's been a couple years since I worked on it last. It's so addicting.

DH is still doing his jury duty. Fortunately for me, he didn't have to go in until later this morning so both man and beast were unharmed during this morning's workout. I did Christi Taylor's CIA 9801 this AM.

Deb: Sending big huge(((hugs))) your way. It's so hard when a pet isn't feeling well and you don't know what's wrong. I hope you've at least taken the day off to take care of yourself too.

Tneah: My DH and I will argue over stupid stuff too. Men's brains are just not wired the same as ours so I've given up trying to figure them out. Your DH would come around quickly if you did check into a hotel for a week! He should appreciate how much you take care of all the details when the 'guys' are in town.

Leanne: I did CTX 'Meaner Legs' on Saturday. It's been a while since I had done that one. I had forgotten how quickly Cathe moves between quads and hamstrings. No rest at all! Today my butt and hammies are sore. Re Jane: I was watching the Today Show the day she was on. I saw them introduce her and another woman, then I went upstairs to dry my hair so I missed the whole thing. Dang. I did see it the day that Tom Cruise went off on Matt Lauer about post partum drugs. I haven't liked Tom Cruise since then. IMO, he's an idiot.

Shannon: So you have Absolute Kickboxing too? That one's been in my rotation a lot lately. Can't seem to get tired of it.

Robin: How much more time until you're back to work?

Lainie: I've been having some strange dreams lately too, but I don't remember the details like you do. Do you ever have dreams where you are running but you aren't going anywhere? I have that one frequently as well as one where I've commited a murder but I don't get arrested until years later. I can never remember who it is I murder though!

Shelley: I saw you did the Lo Max with medicine ball. Lo Max with the med ball was on my short list for Saturday but I ended up doing something else.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.