Melters: It's Monday and I don;t want to go!

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi,

Well I am off to Dallas today.:-( ..I don;t want to go but it's the job. I will miss posting and reading all that is going on in your lives.

Shelley:
Keep on topping those PR's! Thanks for volunteering to start the thread.

Robin:
Take care of that knee!

Shannon:
Take it easy with that calf!

TK:
There is more to life than work..take a break every once in a
while. :)

Tneah:
You can do it! WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU

Leanne:
can't wait to see your finished necklace..keep on beading!

Lainie:
This is your second Mom talking...REST !

Michele:
Wherever you are, I know you are not doing cardio unless someone is pushing you!

Have a great week...I'll be back Friday

Deb
:)

Morning Deb and all you other melters!

Deb - have a fabulous trip! Friday will be here before you know it (I hope!).

I wanted to get up early this morning but I had a lousy sleep last night so I didn't. I'll do my workout this evening.

Back later for more personals!

Good morning, Melters -

Deb - we'll miss you! I hope you have a safe trip!

Shelley - I'm with you on the lousy sleep. Sigh.

Of course my calf is still troublesome. I measured it this weekend, and at the sorest part, it's 3/4 inches bigger than my other calf. I'm icing it a couple times a day. Stupid thing.

My eating was pretty clean this weekend, and I'm pleased about that. I also got some really good upper body and ab workouts in. Today I'll do GS BSB and see how heavy I can go.

I'll be back later to see what everyone else is up to!

Goodmorning melters.

Deb, have a safe and productive trip. We will miss you!

Shelley, I'm sorry to hear you had a crappy night. Nothing like a bad sleep to make Monday even worse.

I'm headed for the floor and my knee exercises. DD is taking me to the grocery store today. I hope I can drive by the end of the week. Maybe sooner.

I'll be back later to check on the rest of you.

Good Morning Melters!:)

Bon Voyage Deb! We will miss you so much! Be safe, and enjoy yourself, we will expect a blow by blow account of your trip when you return.

Shelley, I know! Me too with the sleep thing. Lately, I wake up every hour or so and go back to sleep, then wake up at 6am, so you feel so unrested. Last night though? I went to bed at 8:30pm and actually slept like a log thank goodness. Hope tonight is better for you. I hate being tired. And thanks for starting our thread this week....

Shannon, your calf injury is really irritating isn't it? But good for you, push those weight in GS BSB! It'll make you feel better.:D And you get some extra rest if you can too. Its that time of the month right? get extra rest, my sleep gets disturbed during that time as well.

Robin, good morning lady! How fun, you get to have a "Driving Miss Robin" moment today.:p Have fun at the grocery store...I know that is one place that I like to avoid at all costs lately.

Hi to the rest of you lovelies...my house will soon be full of doctors, lawyers and copywriters, its also full of candy, cookies, nuts, lox, bagels, cream cheese, blintzes, and potatoe pancakes, the pizza comes later.

Oh the joy, at least I am feeling "stronger" this morning, especially knowing I have to break out the string bikini on Friday (I have to send Mr. Trainer man pics of my physique for scrutiny every Friday!)

Oh, yeah for the Giants! My DH is from the Bronx, and loves the Giants and the Yankees, so yesterdays game was thrilling to watch.
BBL... think I am going to change my avatar again, the pic is cute, but you cannot tell what it is...

Good morning, everyone,

The rain finally swept out of here, but it's still pretty cold this morning. DH has a really bad cold, so send me your positive vibes that I don't get it, too! {{{CHANTS -- I can't get sick!!}}} I talked him into staying home from work today since he can barely talk and has really bad congestion.

Today I'll be doing Amy Bento KBX and a segment from Core Max. That KBX really kicks my rear! What workouts will you all be doing today?

Deb -- We'll miss you this week, but just think how soon you'll be back! !!

Tneah -- Good luck with all that food around today! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better this morning!!! The painting you have right now of the boats in your avatar is just gorgeous!

Shelley -- How lousy that you got such bad rest last night!

Robin -- Glad you had fun with your DS yesterday. How's that sweater for your friend coming along? Try not to overdo it too much with the grocery shopping and all that walking that you've been doing!

Shannon -- How did your bread turn out yesterday? I'm so sorry that your calf is still bothering you so much! Do you still have your Dr. appt. this week?

I'll BBL to check in with everyone else who follows!

:)

Robin - it looks like we posted at the same time. I hope you can drive soon too! But... be careful! You knew I'd say that, didn't you?

Tneah - I'm glad you're feeling better today. And you'll feel even better as you resist all that food --- what willpower!!! :7 Yes, the calf injury is quite irritating. Actually, it's gone way beyond "irritating" now.

Leanne - I'll bet that kickbox workout will kick any germs right out of you. Have fun, and stay well! My bread turned out pretty good - it didn't rise as high as usual because it was so humid yesterday, but the texture is good. My doc's appt. is Wednesday.

Mornin' Melters! I missed you guys over the weekend. :) Nothing exciting going on with me. We got thundersnow last night, though - that was interesting! :eek: I'm still having fun with the 4DS rotation. My eating hasn't exactly been stellar, but I blame PMS, which is now over, so I can go back to eating like a normal human being. :)

Deb, have a good trip! We'll miss you this week!

Shelley, what workout are you doing tonight?

Shannon, darn that troublesome calf!!! I hope the ice helps.

Robin, are you going to do a grocery store workout? ;) Maybe it's still too soon to think about tossing bags of frozen peas across the aisles, eh?

Tneah, there is no way I'd ever take pics of myself in a string bikini, so my hat's off to you for being brave enough (and hot enough) to do it. :)

Leanne, I am sending DH-get-better vibes and invisible-germ-barrier vibes to you!

Hi everyone. Busy weekend--very happy with the Superbowl last night. :7 Funny thing is, I'm not even a real Giants fan--we are more Jets fans, but it was still great to see a NY team win.

I've been a bit busy today, too. I had physical therapy this morning while Ewan was at nursery school(also squeezed in a trip to Target and the post office) and then after lunch we had a speech therapist come by to see Ewan--he's going to start weekly visits with us to help Ewan talk better. I've also got Clean Max & Laundry Max to work on some more today, so it's a rest day (though I don't feel very restful). I'm trying to figure out what workouts I'm going to do this week. I might take a couple gentler weeks before starting the next tough rotation, especially since I'm still in physical therapy for my knees through February. I'm getting some decent lower body work with therapy--my hips, hamstrings, and quads have been pretty sore--even the home workouts make me a little sore.

As far as the neverending illness goes, it's not too bothersome lately--still have a bit of mucus but not too terrible. I have a headache today, but think it's just a PMS one.

Deb, well, second Mom, you'll be happy to know I'm resting today. :) I don't know if it counts as resting since I've been pretty busy, though. I wish I were going to Dallas--my dad lives there.

Shelley, hope you sleep better tonight, girlfriend.

Shannon, are you still doing PT for your calf? I had my PT today and for some reason it really hurt when he did the massage. Ack!

Robin, sounds like you're recovering well. {{{HUGS}}} for further recovery.

Tneah, high fives to the hubby for that Giants win! We were very excited even though we are usually Jets fans. I said to my DH, think how excited we would be if we were actually Giants fans?!?!

Leanne, I love KBX--that is one of Amy's super-fun ones. I still owe you an email! My inbox is starting to back up again....

Emily, I don't think I've ever experienced thundersnow. Wow. We had lots of snow this morning but it was above freezing so nothing stuck at all. Fun to finally see some big flakes again after not having any lately.

OK, hello to everyone who follows. I have to go take some ibuprofen for this hormonal headache now.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

tneah, LOL at Driving Miss Robin. It was a little slick this morning with a skiff of snow and poor DD had to hear me carry on about her driving too fast. Maybe I AM a grandma! Stay strong with all that food in your house. I'd nibble myself into oblivion. Spelling?

Leanne, the sweater is coming along nicely. I'm worried that I may not have enough yarn though. Unfortunately, I bought it so long ago, and the store is no longer in business, so I don't know how to get another skein of the same dye lot. I may try googling the yarn company. It's a wool/cotten mix from a sheep farm somewhere in the midwest. My DH had a similar illness last week and he is still recovering. I haven't seen him so sick in a long time. I hope your DH has an easier time and you don't get it.

Yes mam, Shannon. I won't drive before I should. Actually, since the larder is full, I should be fine sitting at home for the rest of the week. DH can pick up any odds and ends I may need.

Emily, I had to laugh at your comment about tossing frozen peas. When I was in high school, and terribly embarrassed by my Mother, as all high schoolers are, we went grocery shopping one day. She tossed a bag of frozen peas into the shopping cart my sister was pushing. It hit the handle and exploded. How mortifying!!!!

Shannon, good luck on Wed. Hmmm? Bread? I must put that on my do to list. Maybe tomorrow....

Lanie, do you live at Target? I'd like to live at Target. We are finally getting one here, but everytime I go past the building site, it looks like nothing is going on. Maybe they are working inside.

I just finished an abbreviated chest workout. I'm going to try to do a short one-upper-body-part-a-day rotation this week.

Robin -- Glad that you're feeling better and are able to do those chest workouts! I hope that you can find more of the yarn you need. I hate it when things like that happen and you can no longer find the product that you need to finish something up! Glad that your DH is feeling better! Mine's still feeling crummy, but he wants to go back to work tomorrow so his students don't fall behind.

Emily -- Thanks for sending me your vibes! I really do think that the 4DS rotation makes you ravenous! I couldn't stop eating while doing it!

Shannon -- Keep us posted on how your appt. goes on Wednesday! Glad that the bread turned out good enough to eat, despite that darn humidity!

Lainie -- It sounds like you're getting a good workout just from your PT. Should you be doing anything else right now? Did you finish up your 4DS rotation? How did you like it?

I probably won't be able to check in tomorrow since it's my crazy day at work, but I'll see you all bright and early on Wednesday morning! Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.