MELT Friday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning all. Does Deb get back tomorrow, or not until Monday?

tneah, I hope you feel better.

Lainie, how did RT discussion go?

Good luck to anyone planning on signing up today. Not me:(

I'm headed for work in a few minutes. Today is a rest day, so I'll to the grocery shopping after work. We are going to see Ring of Fire tonight. I'll bbl.

Hello Melters.

SOOO happy that it's Friday. I won't be signing up cause I can't do personal business online at work except check the news and weather locally and nationally. I would need a day off to sign up, which would be great in itself.

Snow is expected here next week.

Sat is SB, then a bunch of stuff following. Sun is PUB/PLB plus maybe Body Fusion for kicks (Michele might loan it to me).

BBL tonight.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Ug! I got up at 4:30 this morning. I think I'm nervous because we have our scheduling meeting today to pick classes for next spring semester, and then after that I have my interview for the teaching award. I'm sure I won't win it, but send me your positive vibes so I don't make a complete fool of myself!

I'm up .2 pounds this week, but my body fat dropped, so I think it's alright. Today I'm starting a "rest" week, but I may do some intense cardio since I need to de-stress. What would be something fun to do??

Who else besides Lainie and Shelley are signing up for the RT today? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you two! You'll definitely get in!!! (I have to admit that I'm feeling down today b/c I wish I could go on a RT, too!:-( )

Robin -- I'm not sure if Deb is back today or over the weekend. Hmm. Don't sweat the desserts yesterday. You know you'll get back on track soon! Sometimes a little break in the diet is a good thing to keep you motivated for the long-term. Besides, you have to let them celebrate you for Lab Week! :)

Jennifer -- Hope that the weather doesn't get too bad this weekend for you!

Lainie -- How was your visit with your friends in CT yesterday? Good luck signing up today!

Shelley -- Hooray for your day off! Good luck signing up today!

Tneah -- How are you doing, chica, after your root canal on Tuesday? Are you feeling alright? What a bummer that Aunt Flo is here, too. Like Robin said, though, maybe it's good to get all the misery out of the way at once!

Shannon -- How has work been? Did you get a chance to get a new pair of shoes? ;-) Definitely don't overdo it if your calf is acting up. That writing workshop sounds interesting; I think I need some zing not just in my writing, but in life right now.;-)

Hi to Deb (if you're back! we've missed you!), Emily, and TK, in case they stop by!

I'll BBL after breakfast!

Another sleepy morning for me. I do so hate mornings. I have not got a complete go-ahead on the RT yet. DH loves to quibble over things until the last minute. I think he's afraid something will come up at work and he'll have to leave town that weekend or something. I told him I was pretty sure I could cancel if I absolutely had to (what else is the waiting list for?) At least he's not complaining as much about the money. We can afford it; he's just so darn cheap.

I need to go get groceries before the RT signup this morning, but DH wants me to wait until 11 because he has a work phone call at that time (and I'll be taking the noisier kid with me). I don't want to wait, though. When I have groceries to get I like to get them and get them put away and finish early.

Robin, I mentioned this on the OAL thread, but I'll mention it again here--I dreamed last night that I went shopping (mainly for clothes and jewelry) with you and Shelley at a very good sale. That's not one of my weirder dreams but I had other weirder ones after that.

Jennifer, ugh, snow! That's so hard to imagine this time of year! I do know we're getting rain all weekend, but that's to be expected in April.

Leanne, don't be so negative! You could totally win that teaching award. I have to admit I googled you one time and there was a website where college students review their teachers and you got great reviews. :) I love googling people. It sounds so dirty, though. I had a great trip to my friend in CT. She's Jewish and mostly observant so she was observing Passover food-wise. The kids had beef hot dogs with no buns and we had tuna salad on matzo bread. Good and healthy (well, ours, don't know about the kids). I wish you could go on the RT, too! I am hopeful because I am a pretty quick typist and I already have my credit card info well-memorized (don't tell the hubby). As long as I don't suddenly get interrupted by a kid tugging on my arm or a hubby saying, "no, we can't spend that money," I should be o.k. Crossing fingers again.

Hello to all who follow. BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Morning Melters!

Oh I am so excited for you guys who are attempting the RT today!
I will enjoy the trip through you guys, so take lots of pictures.:)

Lainie, You and those dreams!:) You should be a writer for sure, I would read your books. My DH is Jewish too, does not observe though, although I wish he would as I love those traditions, I did not have that growing up , so maybe thats why I am so intrigued by them.I love matzo bread! They even have chocolate covered mazto bread. Good luck with your sign in.I have to make another trip to the grocers today to get everything I forgot to yesterday, which is why I should never leave home without a list.Oh, and I Google folks all the time, especially old friends from the past, and of course myself, cause I am self absorbed and curious like that.

Robin, what in the world is the Ring of Fire? Sounds very pagan.:)

Leanne, I am crossing my fingers and toes you get the award and of course you will not make a fool of yourself! DO you have to make a speech if you win?:eek: That would rattle my cage, but I know you are very eloquent and graceful...you will be great!And good grief, whats with the .2 pound thing woman? That doesn't even count! Your bodyfat continues to drop, and never forget your size zero jeans in your closet as proof you are one tiny chica!:D Oh, and try to take a nap today, that was waaay to early to get up.

Jennifer, will you build me a snowman on Saturday?}( Something is really wrong, when its still snowing into the last part of April!

Hi to Shelley and Shannon this morning...

My mouth feels better this morning, cramps do not though, funny my DH said the same thing, "better to get it all over at once!":) I will check back later to chat...

PS...I will be playing around with avatars today, isn't the butterfly adorable?:p

I am lovin my "rockin it out music girrl" isn't she cool? Oh this is fun and a great way to waste time...

Hey all,

It's registration time! Sending Lainie and Shelley positive vibes! Let us know if you get in!! I'm feeling sad b/c I would LOVE to go to the RT. Ah, well.

Tneah -- LOVE the dancing chick! How fun! I wish I could take a nap today, but I have to shower and then head in to work for a 10:30 meeting, followed by more meetings. Ah, well. Maybe tomorrow I can sleep in a bit!:)

Lainie -- Glad you had fun yesterday! That food sounds delicious! Growing up, our two best friends/families were Jewish, and we always celebrated the Jewish holidays with them. Yes, that website is interesting. I try not to check it since any negative comments always depress me. Isn't it fun to google people?

Just did two combos from Amy B's Hi/Lo Knockout + the abs, and now I'm off to shower. Bye, all!

Well, DH finally agreed he'd watch the boys and I could spend the moolah for the Road Trip, however, he says it would have to be the August one. I'm trying to look on the bright side--Beavs is planning on going to that one; I'll have a little longer to recover from injuries, etc. Sigh.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Lainie -- Well, that'll be exciting! You'll have so much fun meeting people from the forum, and will love it!!:)

Just got back from work meetings and that interview. I felt like I rambled on and on, and was totally incoherent. Ah, well!

Hope you're all having a nice afternoon!:)

Leanne, I am sure you impressed them, how could you not? :)

So how is everyone today? Quiet round these parts...I suspect cause its Friday and all...;) I changed my avatar again,I prefer the gentle butterfly over the dancing crazy girl right now.:7

My dentist prescribed antibiotics (I will take them as directed Robin:) ) so, they should clear up whatever nonsense is happening in my mouth.
I have a crappy appetite, been eating my veggies all mushy today....it kinda hurts to chew on chicken breast right now, I guess I could sub the protein shakes...

Glad my cardio week is almost over, I started to miss the weight training!:eek: Training makes me feel "hard and defined" ya know what I mean? It actually does, probably all in my head, but I cannot wait to hit it hard again next week.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Friday night. I think DH and I are going to relax and watch "Charlie Wilson's War"...been looking forward to that one. Oh, and Robin, Rings of Fire is a movie right? I am such a dork.

Hi all you "Melty Ones"!

I just got back about an hour and a half ago. Missed you guys! What a long week. I only got 2 treadmill workouts in.. not too happy about that, since I ate too muchx( . Will just have to buckle down and get better this week.

I hope everyone had a good week. I see that the RT sign up must have been today.. did anyone get into the JUly one?

Lainie:
Yeah! you got your DH to agree to the RT..I think going to the August one will be better for you because you will be all healed by then!

Tneah:
Dental pain is not fun. :-( Love the butterfly!

Leanne:
I bet you aced that interview!

Jennifer:
Noooo....no more snow! x(

Robin:
Let us know how the movie was..

I would chat more but I'm really tired.. We toured the FedEx hub last night. unfortunetely, the time so see the action is between 11:00 pm and 1:00 am.. I didn't get back to the hotel until 1:30, then had to get up for the last day of class, then off to the airport..

Have a good night! (It's so nice to be home)

Deb:)

Evening all!

Deb - welcome back! You must be exhausted! Get some rest before you 'get back at it'!

Tneah - love the butterfly! Oh, your poor mouth! Ouch!

Robin - I haven't heard of Ring of Fire. Is it a Johnny Cash movie?

Lainie - I'm so sad that you're not coming on the July RT, but you'll have a blast in August. Liann is going to that one too!

Leanne - I'm sure you did wonderfully in your interview!

Jennifer - do not SPEAK the S word!!!!

Well, as you probably all know, I made it into the July RT! I'm so excited! How am I going to wait three months??

Okay, it's been a super-busy day here, and I'm off to chill and go to bed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.