May 10 Check in Tuesday 4th***********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

I was so tired last night that I fell as sleep early. So, I was up early (6:30)..I feel rested which is good. Today I tackle Rhythmic Step. I did it last week. But, Cathe has it again this week. I am ok with that since I love RS...I think it is going to be a nice day. Lauren has drawing lessons this afternoon...

Ok, maybe I can get a few things done before the kids get up...

Talk to you later...

Hi Kathy! and all! Looks like a lot of birthdays on the forum today.... crazy, because it looks like they know each other.

Good to get a nice rest, eh, Kathy! Enjoy RS! I did STS 11 - back and tricep today. Last meso 1. Wasn't sure I could face it, but it was fine. I notice no one commented on my whine about big arms. :) Really, what I'm wondering is if you guys remember the definition coming from meso 1 or meso 2. If it's meso 2, I'll keep on. My problem, really, is that my bicep just looks big without having any shape to it. Whatever..... there are more important things in life.....

.....and, that would be..... my mom is in the hospital. Fortunately my sister was there yesterday and called 911. She's been having bad back pain and then finally was having trouble breathing and felt like there was a weight on her chest. Fortunately, my other sister coincidentally happened to be in town on business. She showed up and said gee that sounds just like what I felt like when I had the pulmonary embolism. Sure enough, that's what's going on. Sheesh, are these things hereditary?! Anyway, I'm waiting for them to call me this morning to see if I should be going down there. By the time they knew anything last night it was already after 9:00. Hopefully my mom will get feeling better soon -- she's been awfully miserable, which is not like her, and why I'm so glad my sister was there, because if my mom had been alone I'm not sure she would have called 911.

Oh, Chris, on rotation ideas..... the one thing I did think of is that you have lots of options to mix it up since BBL workouts are about 30 minutes (maybe a little longer) and P57 has two 30 minutes. Are you going to do any Cathe, or upper body lifting in addition? I would get sculpt and P57 arms in for sure, and then just mix and match around. I'll bet you're going to love Cardio Axe. Let me know if you want to mix anything else in and I'll think about it more.

I guess I may have missed posts from yesterday..... we had internet problems and then I got the phone call from my niece, so it was all a little crazy. maybe I'll go check. Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning, Kathy! Everyone!

It seems when I think I have "nothing" to do all week and can take it easy, I really don't have "nothing" to do! It's teacher appreciation week, and I have to bake for both boys for tomorrow. Well , I guess I really don't have to BAKE (could just buy something), but I'm going to. Those Paula Deen Brownies for Al's teachers, and Raisin Cinnamon scones for Jake's.

I have to go help out with Jake's Reading group in about 10 minutes, and then I'll come home and get my workout done. Today, it's Muscle Max! Should be fun. I've been getting into the total body weight work more than the focused weight work lately.

Beth: not sure if you saw my post from last night. I was thinking of doing a running/cardio, P57, BBL rotation, but not sure of the workout lengths. I could do 1-1.5 hours a day , if need be. So I could combine some (like P57 and running on the same day). Plus adding in upper body work 1-2x a week. Any suggestions?

Hottie
: I did love the avocado omelette yesterday! Holy cow, it was sooooo good! Thanks for the recommendation!!!!

Kathy, RS is always fun to do! I totally think I could do LIS/HIS again too. It was a fun one!...

Joanne
: Whatcha doing? How was the weekend/Monday? Whats for workouts this week? Do tell!!!!

Okay better start getting ready to get to the school..

BBL!

Another beer, Beth!

Soooo sorry to hear about your mom!!!!! Gosh, I hope she's ok. Thank GOD someone was there to help her! Where the heck do PE's come from? It is scary!!! Your mom is relatively healthy, no? No long term health issues? (LIke high blood pressure or anything else?). I will keep her in our prayers... Let us know as soon as you hear how things are.

It's funny, I read your post about arms and STS and I thought I answered (I guess it was just in my head). I would actually lean towards high reps, lower weights if I were you. I do think I started with more definition in Meso 2.

Thanks for the rotation suggestions! I'll have to put something together somehow. I'm not sure of the lengths of BBL workouts, are those around 30-40 minutes too?

Beth: Sorry to hear about your mom...That is very fortunate that your sisters were there with her and knew what to do!! Hmm..the arm thing? I think that Chris is right. Maybe try more reps lighter weights and see if definition will form instead of bulk. My muscles don't usually react harshly to heavy weights. so, I seem to have no problems doing the heavy lifting in arms or legs...

Chris: Sounds like my kind of baking...We still have birthday cake lingering..My eating wasn't good this weekend with the party and going out to lunch and stuff. I am trying to be good today and not eat bad..So far so good. But it is only 11:00. UGH!! Enjoy MM. That one is always tough...

Hi ladies!! Another crazy weekend, not much time to check in with you all. I didn't workout Saturday. Did BBL Sculpt on Sunday and Turbo Sport yesterday. I did the Turbo Sport from Vol. 3 and the music is much louder and pretty good. Don't know why they're all not like that.

Chris, I loved Jake's communion pictures on FB. So cute!! Your mom is adorable, too. ;) Sounds like everything went great. BBL workouts are around 30-45 minutes. The sculpt is around 47, I think, and so is High & Tight. I hope you like them!

Beth, oh, so sorry about your mom. I hope she is OK. Thank god someone was there with her. I forget, where does she live? I'll keep her in my prayers. I'm not sure about the arm definition question either. Isn't Meso 2 higher weights and less reps than 1? You could be retaining water from lifting - maybe rest your arms for a week since you're supposed to put rest weeks in between the Meso's in STS, aren't you? Then you can see how your arms look and decide whether to go on with 2.

Kathy, calories don't count on birthdays! ;) Even if it's someone else's birthday! 6:30 is sleeping in to me!

Today's workout was KCM's cardio blast (the step part) and KCM's Muscle Definition -second workout. Nice combo. I have no idea what I'm doing for the rest of the week! I kind of like doing cardio, circuits and maybe a full-body once or twice a week. And adding in some BBL here and there. I feel like I should do a Tonique, but I'm dreading them for some reason. I feel good when they're done, but I keep remembering how hard they are! Oh, and I signed up for a 5K on Memorial Day, so my cardio should probably be running! Jameson is going to do it with me.

Weekend was OK. Lots of running kids here and there. Only one soccer game on Sunday and Colin's team finally won a game! The kid who got really hurt last weekend was playing - he's OK. Just a really bruised shin.

Oh, we had a death in the family this morning. RIP...Antwone. Our fish. OK, have I raised really heartless kids?? I found him this morning and felt kind of sad. He's been with us for two years. DH and Jameson cleaned out his tank last night and I think DH put too much chemicals in the water or something. He was just kind of sitting on the bottom of the tank last night. It didn't look good. This morning he was laying his side with his mouth hanging open. Well, I was afraid to tell the kids, especially Jameson, since it was his. Well, I tell him this morning and he barely batted an eye. He was a little sad, but was more worried about his phone which he seems to have lost. Colin smiles, and says, can I get a fish now? Cause Antwone killed mine. (He ate it). Ian didn't say anything - at least he didn't smile!! Caitlyn was just kind of freaked out by the way he looked. I guess I was remembering when Jameson was around three and our fish of 12 hours died. He cried and cried. I guess they've matured, huh? ;)

Caitlyn and I went to get our hair done Saturday. I think I'm done with this stylist. Caitlyn's hair is very cute. But he cut it way shorter than I told him. I said just below her shoulders. He cut it about an inch above. I think it looks adorable, but she doesn't like it. That was OK, but he butchered my bangs!! They are so short, they look ridiculous. We're talking like an inch long. I got the usual comments when we got home: "ewww, it looks ugly", "mom, what did he do to you", "wow, it's coconut head again". ;) Luckily my hair grows super fast, so maybe in a month it will look normal.

Must run...BBL...have a good day!

Joanne

Hey girls...

I did Muscle Max after Jake's class reading group. It was tough. Seemed to work each muscle group pretty good! We'll see how I feel tomorrow. had a HARD time with the ab work , the move where you lean on your hip and bring your legs up to your hand and then transition to knees in and out. I even skipped a few reps on one side :confused:.

Went grocery shopping, and am done making the scones. They look (and smell) pretty dang good. Good thing they're for the teachers because I'd be scoffing those babies into my mouth and tummy!!!! :eek: I still have to do the brownies. Easy.

Joanne: Thanks , Jake is my cutie and he's a wicked ham for pictures. My mom is cute too, I think she looks amazing for 86! She gets around pretty good too. I think I told you, she'll go out and rake her lawn or pick up brush, and tell me she ENJOYS it, and that's why she does it. God bless her, love her to bits! (of course!). ..... Congrats to finally winning a soccer game!!! Always feels good to win, even though "you can't win 'em all". I'm sooooooo looking forward to BBL! My butt is too! Sounds like I could run on BBL days too. ... I really wanted to run today, but will wait until tomorrow. It's soooo nice out! ... The way you talk about Tonique is kind of how I feel about Lalo 1 and 2. ... KCM, good workouts! Though I haven't done the weight one yet. .... OMG, that's crazy about the fish, that no one really is 'grieving' with you! I can't do fish. I can't take flushing them. I had one fish that was dying for DAYS and it would just give a little flutter every few hours. I never knew when it was really dead!

OMG, I've had this window open forever ... the boys came home. And oh, in case you didn't see my FB post, the boys have a FULL set of drums! Greg's sister gave them to us. (her boys are older and don't use them anymore). So i'm dealing with drum noise, and now the boy down the street brought his electric guitar over. Holy crap. I think I may put in my ipod!!

hey guys -- just a quick fly by. I'm crazy busy (depressed from TOM) because I'm trying to get ready for my talk at the end of the week. I didn't work out yesterday and i'm still holding out for something small today. I've gained a serious amount of weight. Almost made me break into tears this morning when I checked. But my core still hurts from CCC! Not fair -- if my belly is going to hurt, shrink damnit.

Beth -- I am so sorry about your mother. Any updates? I'm glad that your sister was there. On less sad news, I saw that a restaurant in your town won a James Beard award -- I thought of you and figured we'd have to go if/when I come to visit!

Kathy -- I don't mind going workouts I like too soon either! It's when I don't like them when I dread!

Chris -- I freaking lurve avocado and egg together...with onions and mmmm....sorry about the noise from the kids. are they practicing or just banging things to make loud noises?

Joanne -- people who give bad hair cuts have their own circle of hell. period.

Hi. I'm seriously sad. The news is all bad, pretty much. Don't want to go into it here. Thanks for all of your nice thoughts -- it helps to know you guys are all there for me, even if "there" is cyberspace.

Chris, I did see that fb post about the drumset, and my first thought was "maybe a violin's not so bad." Funny enough, one day when Dylan was practicing it and Travis already had a headache, he (Travis) said he was going to get a drumset to bug Dylan. Hope you don't wind up with another killer headache today!

I think Joanne answered your workout time questions -- I think you could definitely combine all that stuff and have some good mixing and matching going on, too.

I think I may just try lighter weights/higher reps for a while. When I did that somewhat consistently after getting back to weights after my injury, I think I was looking better.

Joanne, sorry about the bangs! Ug! I hate it when that happens! Hopefully you can find someone better. But, it is just hair and it will grow -- that's what I always tell myself after a bad cut! ;)

Sorry about the fish, and the reaction, too. I think it's really hard for kids to deal with death, and I also think it's hard to have a real strong relationship with a fish, so I wouldn't feel too badly about them not emoting at their ages. I'm sure if it were Tulley (Tully?) they would be very sad!

Hottie, was it Manresa? We've never been there, but it has won lots of awards. Our gardening friends are friends with the chef there, and his girlfriend gardener who grows all the veggies for the restaurant. Larry went to the garden and talked to her about our garden one day last year. I'm sure we'll eat there someday. They almost bought a house up here near us -- in fact, a friend of Dylan's family was renting the house at the time, and they had to move out fairly quickly when the owner decided to sell. At any rate, they were doing their inspection and the guy wanted to make sure they understood it was on a septic system, well water, etc., and all that scared them off. We were so bummed because we thought they could be really good neighbors with the connection we have with our gardener friends. :D

Sorry you are having a hard time this week! Hopefully things will start looking up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.