May 09 Check in Wednesday 27th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Getting us started today!!

Today I plan on cardio...I thought of doing something off the cardio hits DVD...Not sure which one yet...

Baseball games got cancelled last night due to rain...Not much going on today..the kids have their final PE class to get their fitness awards..

Be back later..

Good morning! Kathy, I wondered if they'd have the baseball game when you said it was raining -- I guess baseball is not like soccer! (thankfully) :)

I did my last chest/back workout of STS this morning. So hard to believe. And, my STS friends..... we plotted out a target date for vacation last night, and the bad news is I don't think I can sync up with you for the 6 month rotation. We're thinking about being away from home for the first two weeks of August, which would be smack in the middle of things. The really frustrating thing for me is that I know there's a good chance of it not happening -- work, Gina, the garden, etc.....

Chris, sounds like you had a great time with your bike/run once you got going yesterday! Hey, wasn't it you having the cramping that one night? Did it stop, or did you figure out what's causing it? Sometimes when I'm dehydrated my legs do funny things at night.

Joanne, I was so sore from Tracy last night. I felt it when I did a side bend stretch yesterday morning, but by last night -- whew, I was really feeling it. It does make me want to do it more often, but the reality is I mostly feel like I don't have time for it. I should time how long it actually takes me, but I think it's longer than Cathe's segments usually are.

Busy day on tap for me -- lots of phone calls to make and solidification of the summer schedule as much as I can! I've got to try not to get sucked into the internet! Wish me luck! :D

-Beth

Hello Ladies!

Beth all work and no play? Good Luck on your busy day - hey wanna come over and help w/ some yard work :p lol

Just got in from doing a good walk w the hubby. It is so muggy out there blech!

Anyways I have some yard work to do so later......

picture.php

Hey Girls!!

Just got done with my first Lalofit! Oh my!!! I was BURNING bad , with 5 lb weights! That is a tough tough workout. Even though the cardio is not as intense as Plyo Legs, it made me think of Plyo Legs, because I was almost crying on a few moves! . I got cheered up though, when I looked at the hottie guy telling me to focus and to "excel". :p

I'll see what I feel like tomorrow! Seems like something I'd like to add in once a week.

Kathy: Cardio Hits is always fun to go back to. I did Step Fit last week, up to the Macerana moves, not a fan of that! LOL! I know, baseball is such a wimpy sport. I swear, everytime Zach has a practice, it rains. So today, it is raining. Tomorrow is his game, hopefully it will clear up!! Your school is winding down there, huh?

Beth: Your LAST Back/Chest STS? Really? Wow!! Didn't it fly by??? It's okay with me if we start later August with STS. Even September, when/if STS Cardio comes out? Or whenever. I'm in no hurry. We can wing it, if your vacation plans change too. I'm flexible! ;) .. Yep, no more leg cramps. Once in a while I get that, it KILLS too. I drink a lot of water every day, so I doubt it's dehydration. There's something else that if you don't get enough, causes night time leg cramping... Potassium maybe? I forget.... :rolleyes:

Vilma: The muggies are coming our way I heard. Today we have your rain :p Enjoy your outside time!! I always feel better when I can get some Vitamin D!

Hottie: Sorry LIC didn't fit in yesterday! Maybe today? Hug that Evee for me!

BBL!

Chris: Yes, my kids are done with their curriculum lessons...They have taken the year end test and now I am keeping them going with worksheets and educational DVDs. Today is DVD day...They are learning about the human body;the body's systems! Oooh I think all the workouts should have a hot guy in them for motivation!!!

Vilma: Hope you get your yard work done..

Beth: Congrats on the STS winding down...I am not sure when I will do STS again either..Hubby wants to take vacation in the fall. Probably in September. So, I need to figure it out when it gets closer. For now, I am going to stick with other workouts and see what Cathe posts for monthly rotations...Good luck getting plans for summer organized!

Hey... speaking of rotations...

I read somewhere that Cathe is planning on doing a June Rotation with STS workouts in it! That might be a good thing (after my circuit month, that is) to not miss STS so much!

Did you guys hear anything about that? I've yet to watch the latest CAthe TV, maybe it's in that?

Yes, Kathy, I agree about hot guys!! :p I like your educational DVD choice today too!!!

:( I woke up with a sore throat and crapton of sinus congestion plus a runny nose. So, nothing for me until it goes away. I took crazy shots of Vit C this morning so I hope I can kill it today. I sort of felt sideswiped yesterday because we found out that instead of getting an after the fact permit for our water heater (the previous owners had moved it from the inside to the outside), we have to instead move the whole thing and that's going to require a plumber and we're cringing at the price. ::sigh:: we'll see what happens.

You know...all you guys who are stepping away from STS, you know where you can rent them out to. (even though I am eagerly awaiting Vilma to finish CLX there's a certain someone in this home that doesn't like to stray away from Cathe...and his name is not Evee).

Kathy -- so do your kids get a summer break too? I was just talking to my mother about my nephew and it seems that my sister has decided that there's no summer break for him (he's almost 3). He's apparently really absorbing information well and his day care place is pretty awesome. She's trying to now do that for the girls too!

Beth -- I think it so cool how you guys plan out the summer for your kids. For me, it was either going to India or staying on a strict TV schedule. But isn't it crazy how phone calls can take such a huge part of the day?

Chris -- Lalofit is the on Beth was raving about right? It is it the hold and freeze techniques?

Vilma -- how is that yard doing? We have to buy seed and fertilizer to bring our lawn back to life...

Ssshhhhhh! I'm taking a very quick break!

Chris, I'm so glad you enjoyed lalo -- I was starting to get really nervous that you wouldn't like it after my raving. And yes, I think it's lack of potassium that can cause leg cramps.

You gals are so sweet to be flexible with the STS rotation! Ok, let's play it by ear. Chris, I heard nothing about the June rotation -- I don't know that I've seen the latest cathe tv episode.

Hottie, sorry to hear you are feeling miserable!! Knock it out! :) On the water hearter..... I suppose there is no getting blood from a turnip, but.... if that water heater was not to code where they had it, and it sounds like it probably wasn't, you can theoretically go back to them and try to get the money. But...... maybe there's no money to get here. I'm sorry about that setback!

ok, back to it.... two calls down.... (had to wait for offices to open)

-Beth

Chris: That sounds good...Looking forward to seeing Cathe's rotation..I watched last weeks Cathetv and she didn't mention that. Maybe this week's will...

Hottie: I do give them some summer break. Usually towards the end of June through July they get a break and then I start back on the new school term in August..I like to be ahead...

Beth: How are those calls coming?

Ok, checking in with Step Works done..It was a great workout. I did it all on 6" instead of the beginning on 8" like Cathe..It worked well..It wasn't as intense. But, still had me sweating and feeling good. I figured since I am doing cardio everyday with the circuits, I would go less intense on cardio days...

ok, time for lunch!!

Hi ladies. Late start at work for me today. I had to take the kids to school since DH has a daytime training thing. Threw my whole schedule off! Then I had to go to the band meeting for Colin. He is officially a tuba player in training!! It was actually the least expensive instrument to play. Finally something goes our way! Most of the other instruments you rent to buy from a company, anywhere from $35 - $59 a month for two years. Well, the school rents you the tuba for the whole year for $75! And, he doesn't have to lug it back and forth - he'll use one at school when he has lessons there. He's going to be so excited. I kept telling him not to get his hopes up about the tuba since I figured it would be too expensive.

Like I said, my whole schedule was thrown off today, but I got the last STS chest and back done, too! Yea! I had to stop a few times cause DH can't seem to get out of the house without assistance from me. Then, of course, the kids woke up from all the commotion of DH leaving and I had to make them breakfast. Then I had an audience for the rest of the workout. ;) But, I got it done!

Oh, a rotation with STS sounds fun. Beth, I probably wouldn't start STS again till the fall. Did any of you see the undulating STS rotation? You do the first week of Meso 1, then the first week of Meso 2, then the first week of Meso 3, then back to the second week of Meso 1, etc. I'm really thinking about doing that next.

Beth, you're right, they don't cancel soccer games for rain. I have proof of that with all of our wet clothes from last night! But, OMG, what an exciting, but heartbreaking game. It was the semi-finals and we lost in sudden death. Colin played his heart out and was pretty upset afterwards. But, they did great and the team they played was undefeated all year, so they should be really proud. The last half of the game it poured rain. We had a tent set up, but the game was so exciting, I had to stand on the sidelines and watch. Colin had our team's only goal on a penalty kick. They tied it at the last minute and then won in overtime.

Chris, I think it is potassium that helps with leg cramps. Now I have to order Lalofit! I'm looking forward to trying some new stuff.

Kathy, it must be nice to have lessons over for the year. Good job with Step Works!

Hottie, that stinks - both being sick and the water heater! :( Hope you feel better soon. Rest up.

Have to run since I just got here and need to get stuff done...

Joanne

Frustrating! That's how it's going, Kathy. :) Actually, I was on a great roll, but had to be on hold for more than 10 minutes with park & rec to figure out which lego session I signed up for. She said she'd email me the receipt but didn't tell me which session since it would be in the email. Well, for some odd reason, I'm not getting email here today!!! So, I cannot move ahead with piano lesson/swim lesson planning because I don't know when lego camp is. How ridiculous is this?! Ok, done venting.....

Joanne, yes, I saw the undulating rotation and it looks really interesting, too, and someday I want to do it, but I think I want to do the six month thing first, though after this week I may not feel that way. During today's workout I was feeling a bit burned out on heavy weights! It is amazing to see the progress I've made though. Remember how crazy heavy those dumb bells felt when doing flies at first? Like they were going to fall all over! Today they almost felt light.....

Great news on the tuba. Does this also imply that you won't have to listen to practicing at home? ;)

Ok, if nothing else, I'd better go clean.....

-Beth

Beth, no, unfortunately, we get to keep a tuba at home (that's the $75) so he can practice. When he goes to school, he'll use one they have there. Now to figure out where to keep the thing. Hope your day gets better! You know, I felt like you did today last week when doing STS. Like I was tired of the heavy weights. But today it was good - maybe cause I knew it was the last chest and back workout! I know, I'm much stronger. In fact, I know I can go heavier on chest presses, but I don't have a rack, so I'm only going with 40 pounds. I don't feel like I'm getting the full benefit of the program. And the flyes were definitely easier too. It'll be interesting to see how other workouts feel after doing this. Lego camp? That sounds awesome!

Ohhh I'm so not motivated with this crappy cloudy weather, and it's supposed to last through Friday, and then the sun comes back out when I go back to work. ... I turned the heat on today. At least I can be down and out and WARM!!!!

Hottie:
Sorry you're feeling crappy. Nothing worse than a "summer" cold. I still swear by Zicam, except when I had that sinus head thing. It did NOTHING for that. You can come over for soup tonight... I'm making it , because I'm COLD!!!... Yep, Lalofit is the hold and freeze workout!

Beth: Lalofit is definitely different than anything I've done. The thing I didn't like is I never knew what rep we were on. And I'd have to keep looking up to see if he stopped. But it kicked my butt, so I can't complain too much! .. .. Sorry for your telephone woes. I have this hatred for talking on the phone and making appts, etc. Thus, my procrastination with appts, etc.

Joanne: I hate when my "schedule" is messed with! Cool on the Tuba! I bet he's going to be so surprised when you tell him! ... I did see the undulating rotation, briefly. Is that 3 months? What is it supposed to do that the regular STS doesn't do?... That soccer game sounds like it was a fun one, even in the rain!! Too bad they weren't on the winning end.. :( .... It was amazing to see the strength gains I made in STS too!

It's not raining, just cloudy and cool. Greg will take Zach to baseball practice, I'll stay home with the other 2. Zach came home with his progress report. He actually WAY improved in Math, the subject he got such bad comments in. But now he's got a D!!!! in Social Studies, and doing MUCH worse in th the subject he was excelling in, Language and Arts. ...! It's very very frustrating. I feel like it's my fault. I'm so good in the beginning with being on his butt on what he's supposed to be doing, but then *I* fizzle out. How can I expect him to be on it all the time when I can't? But then I think, why is it ME working harder when it should be HIM. Some days I so do NOT want to be the parent!....

Off to make the boys some sandwiches to take with them...

BBL!

Joanne, I read the tuba stuff too fast -- too bad you don't have that added bonus. :D
And yeah, that was so sad and interesting about the exciting soccer game!! In the rain, no less!

Chris, I think the undulating rotation is just yet another way to "shock it". And another friend I turned lalo onto also complained about his queuing.

I hate making phone calls, too, and I procrastinate on it, which is why I had a boatload to make today. I made pretty good progress. I still need to call one dr. and tell her we've decided not to use her anymore -- I really dread that call! "it's not about you".... but, in some way, it must be, right?! Arrrrg.

Refresh my memory again.... what grade is Zach in? I do not know why I cannot keep your boys straight -- maybe I just never heard about each one's name and age all together. At any rate, I think he's a middle schooler, right? They keep prepping us that when our kids are in middle school, they will have to be responsible for their own stuff, and we just can't be helping them manage it anymore. Maybe you and he never had that sort of training? Maybe you should have some "executive skills" training this summer? I dunno -- trying to be helpful here, honestly, even though I have no idea what it's like yet!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.