May 09 Check in Tuesday 26th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting us started today...I have Body Max 2 planned for today's workout...I ended up resting yesterday..I just felt I needed a rest a was listening to my body..But, today I feel I need BM2..

Hope eveyone has a great day..It looks like rain here...The kids have a busy schedule for me too..Drawing lessons and then Lauren has a birthday party tonight and Chris has a baseball game...

G'Morning Kathy - was waiting for you to start the thread :)

It's technically my off day but I feel an urge to do an iTread.

It's overcast here too and a bit muggy.

Joanne WTG on your run yesterday! I finally did the FB thing yesterday as I was feeling a bit left out :eek: but I can see how one can get sucked in to it :confused: I have found tons of family members on there already and I had no idea they were on it - mainly adult nieces and nephews.

Its a nice way to see my family's photos though.

No plans today so I may be able to peek in and out online today.

picture.php

Hey Girls!

I'm sitting here trying to muster up the energy to do my workout for today. Had a crappy night's sleep with Zach's screwed up blood sugars. He's really been doing well lately, last night was just "lucky" for me. :confused: My plan for today , since it may rain Wed and Thurs, is to bike to the park, do a run, and bike around and home. I have to grocery shop AND make a Walmart run too , so I better get my buttocks moving as soon as I'm done with this!

Kathy:
Have fun with BM2 today!! I'm switching things up, going to do that on Friday, tomorrow I'm going to try a new workout I've yet to open : Lalofit.

Vilma: Cool to see you on FB!!! I know, it really has sucked me in too, and I was quite resistant to it in the beginning. I've been toying with the idea of signing up with Twitter, but I hate to get sucked into yet something else like that! But it is fun to keep in touch with people on FB, people I wouldn't normally talk to since they've moved away AND family! Have a good iTread!!!

Joanne: Congrats on your run yesterday!!! So proud of you!!!! I hope you got someone to take your crossing the finish line picture!!

Beth (and everyone!): Thanks for the sympathy and shoulders yesterday about work. It's hard to vent to anyone here, it's always so crazy with the boys, I can't talk to DH for any good length of time without getting interupted. Nursing is such a diverse amazing field to get into. I do like it most of the time, I do love my patients, I meet THE nicest people ever, but the emotional stuff is a killer.

Hottie: WTG on being productive AND IMAX2 yesterday!!! That's gotta feel good. Enjoy your day off today with DH and the poochie!!

I really must move.... still not "feeling it", but going to "just do it"!

Good morning! Today was a rest day for me, too, Vilma, so I did yoga. Was really hard to get out of bed, but I'm sure glad I did it -- feel great now. Kathy -- BM2, way to go. I don't know if I'll ever again do that one in its entirety now that I've discovered the good premixes. :p And Chris, fun workout planned for you! Enjoy....

Vilma, fb is the same for me -- a great way to stay in touch with adult nieces/daughters of my cousin. It certainly does suck one in though!

I'm having very mixed feelings about summer -- so happy to think about not being on a schedule so much, but paranoid I don't have the boys scheduled in enough and maybe not the right things. I need to focus on that a little this week -- still have to work in the summer piano schedule and swim lessons.

Have a great virtual Monday everyone!

-Beth

P.S. Chris, I can't wait to hear what you think about lalo tomorrow -- I really liked that workout for a change, and I cannot wait to do it again!!

-Beth

Hi everyone!! Thanks for all your congrats on the race! I signed up for another one on June 7. This one is for the children's hospital - for the Ronald McDonald house and for juvenile diabetes. I'm going to try to break 30 minutes. This morning I did the cardio from 4DS bootcamp and then tried a Classical Stretch. There's been so much talk on VF about those and I have a couple with the shrink wrap still on. ;) I tried a lower body one and it was OK. I don't think I could do them on a regular basis, though. I think it would be good for me, but the instructor, while I'm sure she is a very nice person, talked way too much!!

Hottie, glad you are enjoying your new pooch! I just love having a dog.

Kathy, I think it's good to do BM2 after a day of rest - that's a tough one!

Beth, I'm kind of unsettled about the summer, too. We have nothing planned for Caitlyn and the boys are going to a sports camp two days a week for only four weeks. We'll be gone for two weeks, though. DH wants to join the pool, but it's pretty expensive. It would be fun for the kids, though. I have no problem with just letting them hang out and be kids, but I also know they get bored really quick and will drive DH nuts!!

Chris, enjoy your run and biking. Walmart...well, maybe not so much!! ;) I've hinted to DH to get his bike down and get it ready to ride (for me!). I may attempt it myself, although I may kill myself doing it! It's hanging up precariously on something in the garage. Oh, I want to hear about Lalofit, too. I'm thinking about getting that one. It sounds good.

Vilma, I was thinking about you this weekend - I started reading Twilight. I'm only on about page 80 of the first book, but so far, so good.

Lots of work to do...better run...BBL

Joanne

Hi guys -- man am I sleepy. We've been going to bed late every day and waing up early to get Evee on a good pooping schedule and I'm really feeling it right now. I have no idea what workout I'm going to do...probably LIC since I couldn't do it on Saturday when the DVD player nearly killed it. We shall see...

Kathy -- have fun with BM2. If I weren't so exhausted I'd join in with you!
Vilma -- its fun to see you on FB! I've just been lazier about pics up but with the new dog hopefully I'll feel compelled to do so.
Chris -- I actually use twitter more than FB. Since I can tweet from my phone I find myself using it a lot more even though I get better updates from FB. You can sync your tweets to FB too which is nice...hope you get your groove back later this morning!
Beth -- I thought of your kid last night (well also prompted by your fb status)...and I was like, maybe I can busy his time with the new Fire Emblem for the DS (but that said, I have to finish it and I'm stuck in this one map...I can finish the map but not without taking a loss so I hit the restart button again...)

Omigosh, I'm just too sleepy.

Hi ladies..

Finished with Body Max 2..I was a sweaty, stinky mess when I was done. But, I feel good having that one accomplished!!

Vilma: I added you to my friends yesterday. I don't go on there too much. When I have time, I look around on fb...

Joanne: Way to go on your race and for signing up for another one. I keep trying to get Lauren to do some race with me. I hope she will..

Chris: Have fun with the bike ride and run...I have errands too while the kids are drawing..I need to hit Costco...

Beth: I have been thinking of our summer schedule too. I have planned for the kids to do worksheets. But, on a fun level. I haven't planned much. Lauren is doing a creative writing camp and I think we will get Chris in a baseball camp. Other than that??? My sisters and their kids are coming to visit us at the end of June. So, that will be fun....

Hottie: I hope you get Evee trained. Buddy is pretty good about letting us know when he needs to go out for his business. But, occasionally he doesn't get our attention quick enough. So, we keep newspapers spread over a throw rug downstairs by the door he goes out. Usually he will go there if we don't hear him scratch the door..Hope you are able to get to your workout!! and get some sleep!!LOL

tried a Classical Stretch. There's been so much talk on VF about those and I have a couple with the shrink wrap still on. ;) I tried a lower body one and it was OK. I don't think I could do them on a regular basis, though. I think it would be good for me, but the instructor, while I'm sure she is a very nice person, talked way too much!!

Vilma, I was thinking about you this weekend - I started reading Twilight. I'm only on about page 80 of the first book, but so far, so good.

Lots of work to do...better run...BBL

Joanne

I have seen all the 'talk' on CS over there also and too bad I don't get it on my tv here but I was interested in those also . At The moment I plan on ordering my own copy of CLX so those CS will need to wait.

Ahhhh Twilight - I love that series granted its an easy read but I'm a romance gal and I love getting swept away with how Edward is towards Bella mmmm I love that love story. Actually started rereading Twilight while I wait for my other Dark Hunter books to arrive at the bookstore.

Try to read Edward's version of Twilight called 'Midnight Sun' over on the author's website. It gives a really great inside look as to what he and the Cullens are doing throughout the Twilight book. I've read them both side by side more than 4 times now I've lost count :eek:

If you like vampy love stories The Black Dagger Brotherhood series is great but for adults only ;) as they are steamy as are the Dark Hunter books.

The Dark Hunter series have Greek mythology in them which I love too. I was the weird kid growing up reading all about the Greek pantheon lol.

picture.php

Chris did you get your run in at the park?

as far as FB I need to get some photos uploaded over on FB - Twitter ack noooooo. I need the sunshine and if I stay online too much nothing I mean nothing gets done

Thanks for friending me....now can someone contact Ivy and have her add me. Since she stopped posting here I've lost contact with her.

She is not clickable for me :confused:

As far as summer plans for the kids - well since my oldest will be 19 she is taking some college course over the summer to hopefully get done sooner plus she still working at Cold Stone . She may be putting on manager's hat on but she doesn't want to yet.

My son wants to look for a summer job while volunteering over at the base here.

So it'll be just my youngest & me. My mom is coming down for 2 weeks in July so that'll be nice.

I'm thinking once my youngest goes to middle school in Aug. I may want to get some type of employment just to get me outside more ....will talk w/ my friends over at the bookstore ;)

I was planning on doing my run but I fell asleep watching the news this morning...my body still feels achy due to this cold plus I had a bad bout of bleeding last night due to my bad food choices I hate having IBS...so feeling tired and a bit weak.

I'm gonna poke around FB and try to figure it out more, before I go out and grab dh for a walk.

picture.php

Vilma, thanks for all those recommendations! I'll definitely read Edward's version. Should I wait till I finish the book before I read it? Take it easy - sounds like it was a good idea to rest today.

Kathy, congrats on getting BM2 done! It seems cats are much easier to train than dogs. They just somehow know to go in the litter box? My mom's kitten has had a few accidents, but my mom thinks he gets lost in the house and can't find the litterbox in time. He cries when he has to go if he's not around it. My mom carries him over there.

Hottie, hope your able to get in a nap today!

Joanne

Vilma -- thanks for the Edward tip. I've not read any of the books, but Travis is on number 4 now. I told him he wasn't allowed to read it until he's older, because a lot of people told me not to let him read it at this point, but a couple of his friends had read it and he was so into it that a girl at school loaned it to him and I cannot stop him! So, he's close to being done and would really like more, so he will be excited to know there is more.

Looks like Chris told Ivy (who's Laura on fb) to add you as a friend.

-Beth

Vilma, thanks for all those recommendations! I'll definitely read Edward's version. Should I wait till I finish the book before I read it? Take it easy - sounds like it was a good idea to rest today.

Joanne

If you want go ahead and read Midnight Sun along w/ Twilight they go side by side ...like in many cases where Bella is wondering why Edward does things - Midnight Sun tells you and vice a versa - but its only a partial draft that is agony because the author is not finished w/ Edward's book as it was leaked last summer but she gives you the draft in a pdf version. Its really an eye opener. I definietly will add Midnight Sun to my library when its published

Vilma -- thanks for the Edward tip. I've not read any of the books, but Travis is on number 4 now. I told him he wasn't allowed to read it until he's older, because a lot of people told me not to let him read it at this point, but a couple of his friends had read it and he was so into it that a girl at school loaned it to him and I cannot stop him! So, he's close to being done and would really like more, so he will be excited to know there is more.

Looks like Chris told Ivy (who's Laura on fb) to add you as a friend.

-Beth

Yup I have been in contact w/ Miss Ivy ;)

Book 4 is more adult like but the author still keeps it rated pg to many of her adult readers dismay lol ;)

The characters are much more mature as they are now dealing with adult stuff (marriage, possible death and pregnancy) but its nothing I would think out of line. I would let my almost 11 yr old read it but I would read it with her if she has any questions about the whys and hows of the story line ;)

Ok I seriously need to get off line and get started on dinner :confused:

Well, note that this is my son who just turned 10 who's reading it! I know it's too much for him, but honestly, I couldn't stop him. I did not know what to do when that girl let him borrow it.

Joanne, you do have classical stretch? What is it, exactly? It seems more than stretching. I am always wanting better stretch/yoga stuff, but does this fit the bill?

-Beth

Vilma, yea, I read the history of the Edward book on the link you gave me. Interesting! I'll probably save it till I'm done with the book.

Beth, don't feel bad - Jameson read Angels and Demons and The DaVinci Code a few weeks ago. I don't think there was anything too old for him in either, but they're not really meant for kids. I did skim the back covers to see if there were any love stories interweaved in the plots. If there were and I missed it, he's probably gotten an education! ;) I don't think so, though. My neighbor's daughter is 11 and has read all the Twilight books. Her mom read them first to make sure they were OK for her and she let her read them. They are really strict with her and a bit overbearing, so if they let her read them, they must be OK for kids. Classical Stretch is a TV show, but I don't get it on my cable. They sell it as a series and you get about 26 episodes in one series. They just released the 2009 series. I don't have any of the series, but I have the Essentics DVD and one other one called Full Body Workout, which I guess is like one of the episodes. It's all non-weighted work, kind of like barre work, I think. The Essentrics DVD has two leg and two arm workouts. I did one of the leg ones today. It had some standing and some floor work. VF has alot of threads going on about it. I think the name is misleading, because it's not all stretches.

Vilma: My daughter is reading the twilight series too. She loves them...Her favorite book series is the Warriors books by Erin Hunter...I don't they are romance though...More teen stuff...Anyway, I watched the Twilight movie with her. But, I haven't had any interest in reading the books...I think she is reading New Moon now...

You girls have been chatty today! ;)

As much as I didn't have the oomph this morning to want to go for a bike ride and a run, it was THE best thing for me! I felt like a zillion bucks afterwards!! It was wonderful. I get that endorphin high after running, and I leaned up next to my bike, listening to Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders"

"let it go,
let it roll right off your shoulder
don't you know
the hardest part is over
let it in,
let your clarity define you
in the end
we will only just remember how it feels "

NICEEEEEE!

And then I rode my bike back, legs burning.... NICEEEERRRR!

Hey, I'm with you guys with the no real plans for the kids for summer,. I know they'll do swimming, and maybe they'll do a few weeks of summer camp. But that's it.!

I am excited about Lalo tomorrow!!! I will let you know! :eek:

Joanne: How cool you signed up for another race!! That stretch sounds "involved"? A whole series with stretching? Weird. Yep, Walmart screwed up today, and I just came back from returning something. *sigh*. Always a pleasure there!!

Hottie: Did you get LIC in? Yes, cats are easy. Either way you have to scoop animal poop though, which is not my fave thing to do!

Vilma: I bet you'll enjoy your time with your 'baby' this summer! That's very sweet !!

Oh it's 8p already! Damn Walmart!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.